Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Daughters of Hesperia - An Amazon Challenge Inspired Story (Rebooted)

Comments

• SpectresValkyrieSpectresValkyrie Posts: 317 Member
    edited March 2021
    Aw Wilhelmina is adorable. I am glad she has a friend to write to. I hope they can stay friends due to what her sisters did and hopefully they didn't mess up everything for Wilhelmina.
    ETagn5d.jpg
  • lilypadmeulinlilypadmeulin Posts: 1,655 Member
    @SpectresValkyrie

Reputation is everything in their society, but if the Queen can convince the other kingdom to take on Wilhelmina as a ward, then she'll escape any downfall or blame.
    Wonderful Chapter!
    I really like how you write the differences in cultures. The way Perseus views things vs amazons and those raised in Amazonian lands. I am glad that Meda is patient (and maybe amused) by Perseus' look at things. I also liked her story of how she became part of her new tribe and the story with her mom and tribe teaching her to deal with bees. I feel for Meda's thoughts on what will happen when it is her turn to have a child. Who will be chosen and what their fate will be. I also can't wait to see if Melop has a daughter or not.
    ETagn5d.jpg
    @SpectresValkyrie

I'm really excited for how things are going to turn out, but Meda is definitely one of my favourite characters. She's very patient, and that's good for Perseus, because if he'd been behaving like this at the main compound it would have gone very badly for him.But Meda has been taught the value of patience very carefully.

For Perseus, this is a whole new culture he has to adjust to. It's going to have some hiccups along the way.
  • MrsRacooneyMrsRacooney Posts: 2,091 Member
    I like Perseus' backstory! It's terrible but after all, so very realistic for those times. Of course he can't find into his new role so fast and it comforts me that Meda doesn't expect him to. Hesperia has two very wise new members! I also quite liked the comparison to bees - it's indeed a true one, worker bees don't have much of a choice in which function they fulfill. Mother nature chooses it for them (and, I mean, the drones do die after mating)
    LOL "you may stop peacocking" is such a mood :joy: However, I don't understand why Perseus is so eager to receive attention. After all, if he does, he will die eventually. That can't be what he's aiming at? Maybe this hunt for attention is a remnant of his former life at the court, where attention is a necessary evil to survive.
    fdZPJYy.jpg
    Chapters | Updated 09/26
    @MrsRacooney

He's very much someone who's been brought up to try and form attachments. Attachments in a court setting are so important, and I suppose if he'd been successful in basically becoming the lover of a powerful woman at court, his father would not have been able to do this. It's pretty much reflex, and if historical texts are to be believed, certain courts had a lot of harmless flirtation. Besides, he knows he could have had it worse, and he does genuinely like Meda. She is, after all, Andromeda. (I know, I'm not sneaky.)

However, he doesn't need to act like that anymore. What he does need to do is his work. Plus I love your comment about drones!

@DeafSimmer

She is - Polgara can tell her multiple stories, and even has the stories of another tribe at her disposal. Plus, Polgara is trained to care for children, and isn't related to Anikka.
    Wonderful chapter!!!
    Polgara is such a good addition to the tribe and seems to really be helping! I hope she can help patch up the rift between Melop and Anikka
    ETagn5d.jpg
    @SpectresValkyrie

She's attempting to do so, although she has to tread lightly. Upsetting the balance would be bad, but taking them to a different location to discuss things is likely going to be a huge help.
  • MrsRacooneyMrsRacooney Posts: 2,091 Member
    "Let her smile in this life" is such a well-meaning and heartfelt blessing! I'm totally smitten with it :smiley:
    I hope that the neutral surroundings of the garden will do the sisters well in their attempt to grow closer again. If Molpe doesn't address it right away, Anikka might be willing to let it go for now as well. You know, when it frees her from the responsibility to apologize right away
    fdZPJYy.jpg
    Chapters | Updated 09/26
    @MrsRacooney

I'm really looking forward to writing the next chapter. Polgara is doing her best to be a bridge between them, and for now, it seems to be working.
  • SnowBnuuySnowBnuuy Posts: 1,767 Member
    Just read the first chapter!
    Really like the setup of the story so far, and love the screenshots < 3 Really love your general writing style as well, nothing sounds jarring and the dialogue is great. It'll be interesting to see how this goes, a queen having a child with a slave.
    they/them or she/her
    @SnowBnuuy

Thank you!

That's one of the premises of the Amazon Challenge, and there's quite a few good stories kicking around for it. However, I really like how I wrote this too, to be quite honest!
    Time for more B ^ ) Starting from chapter 1.2 to 1.6:
    The worry for what the Goddess's realm would actually be like, and whether or not the honour of siring a child with the queen would be worth it, was an interesting touch. Annika trying to keep her journal from Molpe...there is no such thing as privacy, when you have siblings, haha! I'm hoping the two sisters can heal the sort of rift that comes between them later on. I really like the way the characters talk of times gone by, it really adds another layer to the story and I like how the Queen looks by longingly on old times. I can imagine Septimus must think himself the luckiest man in the world to get to 'Woohoo' with the Queen : P Still, that's just one child- I imagine there's many more to come and the Queen had better be prepared for the pitter-patter of many tiny footsteps : P It's good she now has Polgara, it's good to have someone who you can actually talk to and who gets you.

Enjoying this so far ^u^

they/them or she/her
    @SnowBnuuy

I'm glad you're enjoying my story!

Septimus is thinking himself very lucky mostly because he gets to father a royal baby. And you're right - there will be many more babies to come, because the tribe is so small. As a first-time Queen, rather than one who inherits the title, Molpe has to do the best that she can by the tribe, and her job is to lead them, guide them, and produce heirs. Of course, other Amazons can have children, but for them it's optional. For her, it isn't.

Polgara, however, is a definite help. Sometimes it's nice to just have that one person you can open up to, you're right.
    1.7 to 1.8:
    I liked the story of the Ouroboros tribe that Polgara tells Annika. Although Annika and Molpe have their issues I think Polgara being around will be great for the both of them. I really love Queen Caterina's dress as well < 3
    they/them or she/her
    @SnowBnuuy

Sifix over on TSR makes so many beautiful historical dresses that I just couldn't resist! I have a lot of her CC downloaded just for DoH.

• telemwilltelemwill Posts: 1,752 Member
    I am so happy to see a new chapter. I love this story and the world you have made.
    @telemwill

Thank you! I'll be working on posting another new chapter soon!
    Aw yes, a new chapter! I loved the garden! it's cute and seems very well organized and cared for. I enjoyed how Melop's mother had a way of seeing who would choose a father without getting more involved.
    ETagn5d.jpg
    @SpectresValkyrie

It's probably quite entertaining to do that, and also, yes, the garden was really fun to lay out and build. The house that Meda lives in is part of the whole garden, while the men's quarters are just outside the fence. I'm getting more confident in my lot building abilities.