Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

My Aspiration Challenge :)

Comments

• DOLLDRMS1DOLLDRMS1 Posts: 2,955 Member
    edited April 2021
    @mcrudd Did you know there is an aspiration that can appear for a sim in your game but not one you can select?

I had a sim I play ask the Strangerville Sigworth girl to move into the household when she became a YA. Much to my surprise when I looked at her aspiration I didn't recognize it. I was reading Chef but she wasn't in the culinary career. Turned out after I did some googling that it was the tutorial aspiration, lol. Apparently, even though rare, it is supposed to show up in game from time to time. Obviously, I had not played the tutorial.

Simple steps for each milestone, like go to work, cook a meal etc. but I ended up having to cheat completion for two milestones. The go to work would not complete so after sending her for three days in a row, I used the cheat. I think it might have been caused by the fact I had her in the education career and a base game tutorial didn't recognize the career. I don't remember what other goal wouldn't tick but I again thought because it's base game tutorial. There's even a reward trait for completion, Overachiever. Of course, you may already know this. After 6 years of playing, it was the first time I had seen it and was majorly surprised, lol.

I'm enjoying following your journey through the aspirations. Glad you're sharing. :) Thank you.

Edited to add: I haven't played in Batuu much but I've not sent more than one sim at a time. I don't recall the relationship deteriorating much but then again, I've not spent more than two or three days at a time.
  • mcruddmcrudd Posts: 11,696 Member
    @DOLLDRMS1 I have heard of the tutorial aspirations, not seen them myself though. If I can figure out how to access them then I might add them to my aspiration challenge. I have never done the tutorial because well hahahaha I am a simaholic and knew the ropes ;) Nadia just arrived in Batuu, Akira is back home, I will just work on their relationship if it does deteriorate but hoping it won't LOL
  • Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,408 Member
    Wow, you are really on a roll when I see how fast you can complete aspirations. I enjoy reading about your progress.
  • Sketch793Sketch793 Posts: 1,218 Member
    I wouldn't worry much about the relationship. Vacations on Batuu are free, so you can easily send your Sim home when she needs to spend some time with Akira.
  • pxelskiespxelskies Posts: 1,064 Member
    This is such a fun idea! I just found a random Sim generator online which I'm going to use for this as well, and then I'm going to work my way through all the aspirations. I was just wondering what your plans for the Big Happy Family aspiration are? I was planning on playing with aging off, but I'm not sure how I'm supposed to get grandchildren that way haha.
    Atreya33 wrote: »
    Wow, you are really on a roll when I see how fast you can complete aspirations. I enjoy reading about your progress.

My daughter was away on school trip the last three days ;) lots of simming time :D
    Sketch793 wrote: »
    I wouldn't worry much about the relationship. Vacations on Batuu are free, so you can easily send your Sim home when she needs to spend some time with Akira.

What a clever idea. I will just keep an eye on it in the relationship pannel andvreturn home for kisses and cuddles every now and then :D
    edited April 2021
    pxelskies wrote: »
    This is such a fun idea! I just found a random Sim generator online which I'm going to use for this as well, and then I'm going to work my way through all the aspirations. I was just wondering what your plans for the Big Happy Family aspiration are? I was planning on playing with aging off, but I'm not sure how I'm supposed to get grandchildren that way haha.

I am going to play the same way I did Maritza. Aging off ingame but use the cake to age up everyone else. I did accidently age Nadia up to adult when she blew out candles, so will make super sure I dont make that mistake again :D Good luck with your aspiration challenge. Feel free to post your gameplay here if you want too :)
  • pxelskiespxelskies Posts: 1,064 Member
    mcrudd wrote: »

I am going to play the same way I did Maritza. Aging off ingame but use the cake to age up everyone else. I did accidently age Nadia up to adult when she blew out candles, so will make super sure I dont make that mistake again :D Good luck with your aspiration challenge. Feel free to post your gameplay here if you want too :)

Haha oops! I've accidentally aged up my teen way too early once and I was NOT impressed with myself lol. Thank you! That's a good idea, so I will do the same :)
    Haha oops! I've accidentally aged up my teen way too early once and I was NOT impressed with myself lol. Thank you! That's a good idea, so I will do the same :)

Yeah I think what happened is I had the camera follow Maritza but I had Nadia selected because I instructed her to bake the cake and put the candles in then without thinking I just clicked blow out candles. Thankfully she was a young adult so now she is only an adult, but definitely can't make that mistake again

edited April 2021
    I am so sorry Nadia, I know you picked good over evil but there is the Enforce of Order next. Poor Nadia really loves being in the resistance, but its time to become a little bad and join the first order now :o

jsxf1Ud.png

u533mmx.png
    Just had to finish this ;)

6jfF6Xw.png

Nadia is back with her loving hubby and next they will vacation together, they missed each other too much :)

fTpBGUE.png

DOlUKjM.png
    I am so sorry Akira, but your wife has to become a vampire again :o
    Sorry Nadia, at least this time you will be a good one ;)

8vG28Uc.png
  • KimmerKimmer Posts: 2,370 Member
    Wow, Nadia is amazing, she's getting these aspirations done very quickly. I love this thread. :)
    Kimmer wrote: »
    Wow, Nadia is amazing, she's getting these aspirations done very quickly. I love this thread. :)

Thanks so much, I have done several tweaking on the order of these aspirations though, looks like it should be ok now to the end. I have had lots of simming time recently so all I did was play my aspiration save LOL
    edited April 2021
    This was not a fun one, it felt like it just would never end :p
    Poor Nadia just wanted to taste yummy food after she got cured from vampirism

5rtcuKu.png

The next one should go quick, as most of Nadia's skills are maxed by now LOL

CbW2MZI.png
    Yip that went pretty quick, next one will too since Nadia has allready been a spellcaster and have made several potions allready ;)

pv2kjnq.png
    Done and done, the next one might take a bit longer, although those plentiful needs potions are magical LOL

K19Iqls.png
    wNfptRr.png

and now on to the next one, although I prepped for that one allready

TADAAAA !!!!

Introducing little Ally

mAJAQaf.png

Lq1Zmj2.png
  • xMyrthexMyrthe Posts: 56 Member
    So fun, this is a great challenge! I'm also doing it (sort of?). I made an excel sheet of all the aspirations, skills, traits and careers in game and whenever I play my legacy family I make sure every child does something I haven't done before so eventually I want to have done everything there is in game! I assume it will take a loooong time for me to complete everything :)
    It's fun experiencing new things in game isn't it?
    xMyrthe wrote: »
    So fun, this is a great challenge! I'm also doing it (sort of?). I made an excel sheet of all the aspirations, skills, traits and careers in game and whenever I play my legacy family I make sure every child does something I haven't done before so eventually I want to have done everything there is in game! I assume it will take a loooong time for me to complete everything :)
    It's fun experiencing new things in game isn't it?

I 100 percent agree with you :) I always pick the same traits and same aspirations when starting new games, since starting this aspiration challenge I have had so much more gameplay than usually, discovered so many new little things I did not even know was ingame LOL. Good luck with your quest of completing them all too :)<3 Happy simming
    Tick that one :)

Since I am playing my own rules, I used the birthday cake and aged all of Nadia's babies up until they were old enough to give her grandchildren LOL, otherwise this gameplay would have gone for months hahahahaha. I have been simming none stop the last few days to keep me busy. Its a week before my brother's birthday so lots of emotional times. Sims is my go too for hard days.

Her last grandchild needed for the aspiration was born while she was sleeping. I have moved all three kids out into their own homes ;)

VHGcDHR.png

VSVKZq5.png
    edited April 2021
    Tick Master maker :)
    Also just a tip for anyone doing it, with the last tier its a good idea to take on the freelancer gigs that have you making candles ;)

Vh2JeuK.png

The next one will be a breeze with the force of friendship potion ;)
    eZcJviy.png
    edited April 2021
    Much quicker than I thought. Seriously helps to be a global superstar and spellcaster with that one ;)

7sUTtx3.png
    edited April 2021
    Tick number 33
    Tips for this one. Keep the vacuum in your buy inventory and only take it out when you need it for part of the aspiration eg destroy dust bunny. Otherwise you sim constantly vacuum and keep the floors too clean for dust piles and dust bunnies to form.

Tp3PRoe.png

Next one might influence how her fans sees her mmmmm :|

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top