Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Which would you prefer for Sims 5?

124...Next

Comments

• ClarionOfJoyClarionOfJoy Posts: 1,945 Member
    Sims 3 Style Open World
    Combination but with open neighborhoods instead of open worlds

Why? There's no lag with open worlds and as was already discussed, you can create both open worlds and open neighborhoods with an open world system since you can make the worlds any size you want. Plus you can place lots anywhere in the world, add and remove as one wishes so you can adjust the density of their populations per unit of distance in an open world system.

It just looks like EA/Maxis wants to take the cheap and lazy route again but they're really not the only game in town anymore. :)

• caliposscaliposs Posts: 320 Member
    edited April 2021
    Sims 4-3 Combination
    I don't mind how it's made in The Sims 4, but I'd love open neighborhoods in the next Sims game. :smile:
    he/him
  • ClarionOfJoyClarionOfJoy Posts: 1,945 Member
    Sims 3 Style Open World
    FlpAmaral wrote: »
    I don't mind how it's made in The Sims 4, but I'd love open neighborhoods in the next Sims game. :smile:

Why though? When an open world system can make both larger open worlds and smaller open neighborhoods?

• EllupelluelluEllupelluellu Posts: 6,868 Member
    edited April 2021
    Sims 4-3 Combination

Why though? When an open world system can make both larger open worlds and smaller open neighborhoods?

And you are forced to be in one hood only. Lovely. Not.
    My love, my love, my fearless love, I will not say goodbye..
    Sea may rise, sky may fall, My love will never die..
    My heart, my heart, My drowning heart, Oh all the tears I've cried
    Oh I may weep forevermore, My love will never die..

My Story:Villa Catarina
  • Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    edited April 2021
    Sims 3 Style Open World

Technically you can move towns n TS3, just not visit them, unless you have the mod that allows that. Plus, if a mod did it in TS3, I'm sure TS5 could do it...though be ready for those massive loading screens. In fact open hoods would probably mean a 5minute loading screen everytime we travel, this is why I prefer the way of TS3.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • EllupelluelluEllupelluellu Posts: 6,868 Member
    edited April 2021
    Sims 4-3 Combination
    Sigzy05 wrote: »

Technically you can move towns n TS3, just not visit them, unless you have the mod that allows that. Plus, if a mod did it in TS3, I'm sure TS5 could do it...though be ready for those massive loading screens. In fact open hoods would probably mean a 5minute loading screen everytime we travel, this is why I prefer the way of TS3.

YES! But that is NOT my point.

People keep saying they "should not rely on mods to play the game."
    (big fat lie, who really plays TS2 or TS3 vanilla???)

So why would TS4 or TS5 be any different??

ETA, I even have mods for TS1. I play it for fun every now and then. (crashes a lot at win 10)
    My love, my love, my fearless love, I will not say goodbye..
    Sea may rise, sky may fall, My love will never die..
    My heart, my heart, My drowning heart, Oh all the tears I've cried
    Oh I may weep forevermore, My love will never die..

My Story:Villa Catarina
  • Nikkei_SimmerNikkei_Simmer Posts: 9,426 Member
    Sims 3 Style Open World
    Who plays TS4 vanilla?
    GYZ6Ak9.png
    Always "River McIrish" ...and maybe some Bebe Hart. ~innocent expression~
  • caliposscaliposs Posts: 320 Member
    edited April 2021
    Sims 4-3 Combination

Because I prefer it that way :smile:
    Why are you trying to question every opinion that's not like your own?
    he/him
  • Chris_McSimsChris_McSims Posts: 120 Member
    Other... (explain)
    Combination but with open neighborhoods instead of open worlds

Why? There's no lag with open worlds and as was already discussed, you can create both open worlds and open neighborhoods with an open world system since you can make the worlds any size you want. Plus you can place lots anywhere in the world, add and remove as one wishes so you can adjust the density of their populations per unit of distance in an open world system.

It just looks like EA/Maxis wants to take the cheap and lazy route again but they're really not the only game in town anymore. :)

1. I didn't read all the discussion, I just responded saying how I'd like it to be.
    2. Not everyone has a good computer that can handle a complete open world system with also the ability to travel from one world to another. I think there will be at least a loading screen when you travel one world to another, to not make the game too heavy.
    3. As I said it's how I'd like it to be, I'm not forcing anyone to think the same as me, unlike you.