Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Little people chat about The Sims2 on console?

BettyNewbie1BettyNewbie1 Posts: 336 Member
Surely i'm not the only one. Show yourselves!

Comments

• EgonVMEgonVM Posts: 4,926 Member
    Of course you're not the only one. I have played the following:
    • The Sims 2 Pets for Wii
    • The Sims 2 Castaway for Wii
    • The Sims 2 for Nintendo DS
    • The Sims 2 Pets for DS

What can I say? These are different from the computer game. Perhaps even unique console ports (The Sims 2 introduced aging system, but you can only play with adults on console. The Sims 1 has babies and children and The Sims 3 and 4 had all stages [well, The Sims 3 for Wii didn't have baby or toddler stage, so sims were born as children]).

Though I have noticed a pattern in The Sims 2 console ports...

We have The Sims 2, The Sims 2 Pets, and The Sims 2 Castaway.
    There is also The Sims Stories aka laptop friendly The Sims 2 games. There are three games of it: The Sims Life Stroies, The Sims Pet Stories, and The Sims Castaway Stories.
    Coincidence? I think not!
  • Sunflowergal227Sunflowergal227 Posts: 305 Member
    i played:
    The sims 2 for PSP
    The Sims 2 for DS
    The Sims Castaway for PSP
    The Sims 2 Pets for PSP
    They are completely different from the computer game. Although in the sims 2 for psp, we dive into the story of strangetown. i like the story progression of the games.
    Favorite EP/SP
    Sims 2 (All EPs/SPs)
    Sims 3 Showtime
    Sims 3 Generations
    My Sims 3 profile page: https://mypage.thesims3.com/mypage/Sunflowergal227
  • Lucy_HenleyLucy_Henley Posts: 2,943 Member
    I played Sims 2, Sims 2 Pets and Sims 2 Castaway on PS2, always with cheats haha. I like Pets and Castaway best. I kind of wish that Sims 2 and Sims 2 Pets let you have kids, I’m a family-oriented kind of player. I can see how they’d be impractical in Castaway, though!
  • BettyNewbie1BettyNewbie1 Posts: 336 Member
    I played Sims 2, Sims 2 Pets and Sims 2 Castaway on PS2, always with cheats haha.
    I couldn't find my way to cheats! So loopy. How did you figure it out.

I just googled “Sims 2 pets ps2 cheats”, or whichever game I was playing.

I always preferred the look of Sims 2 Pets and Castaway Sims to the Sims 2 ones. The Sims 2 PS2 Sims were kinda ugly to me.
  • GamecubeLover26GamecubeLover26 Posts: 34 Member
    Ah, my people! The Sims 2 Pets on the Gamecube was my first Sims game and the reason why I got hooked on the franchise. It's crazy to think how limited it was compared to the main Sims games now, but then I had a blast playing it! My family and I shared the same console, so I remember the premade families and lots being divided between us. I always played that one family with the 4 ladies.

Sims 2 Castaway on the Wii is my favorite console and spin off Sims game. I want a remaster so badly! It was so much fun exploring the island and figuring out what all the other Sims were up to. The monkeys were super cute as well! Surprisingly, I never found the islanders, just hints of them. Maybe there was some puzzle or something I was missing. 🤔 I also never completed the game because I didn't want my Sims to go home. 😅 I got way too attached to them and spent most of my time foraging around the island and building them little shacks to live in.
  • DevalaousDevalaous Posts: 1,286 Member
    I have played Sims 2 on PS2 and its a neat little game; lots of the stuff in it would end up in Sims 3 later. I liked how it was more story based, and ive been making some of the homes and people in it for Sims 3, seeing how those big homes translate.

7DT6JL1.jpg
    The Crash Site with the Smith home and Jonas' home

q2REyvN.jpg
    The Cliffside Retreat

5f6KNB6.jpg
    Don Treadwell

RS3vwF6.jpg
    Don and the Montys

cq7tBjN.jpg
    The Newbie's house from Freeplay

aa6xmqh.jpg
    Rockwell Acres. I have yet to make the two default residents here.

65ZdtMR.jpg
    A work in progress of Tranquillity Falls. I already have Goopy made, the other three still need to be made.

Isfm72F.jpg
    The Freebers family from Freeplay

I also have the two aliens from Andromeda Arms made, but they aren't complete yet, and I haven't yet started their home.
    Rebuilding Sims 2 inside Sims 3 one lot and sim at a time.

See my Sims 3 studio for latest progress.
    Ah, my people! The Sims 2 Pets on the Gamecube was my first Sims game and the reason why I got hooked on the franchise. It's crazy to think how limited it was compared to the main Sims games now, but then I had a blast playing it! My family and I shared the same console, so I remember the premade families and lots being divided between us. I always played that one family with the 4 ladies.

Sims 2 Castaway on the Wii is my favorite console and spin off Sims game. I want a remaster so badly! It was so much fun exploring the island and figuring out what all the other Sims were up to. The monkeys were super cute as well! Surprisingly, I never found the islanders, just hints of them. Maybe there was some puzzle or something I was missing. 🤔 I also never completed the game because I didn't want my Sims to go home. 😅 I got way too attached to them and spent most of my time foraging around the island and building them little shacks to live in.

I don’t think you ever found any actual islanders in the console games. It’s not really like the Sims Castaway Stories on PC. I’ve never played Castaway Stories though, but I’ve read about it.
    I believe that even if you send the Sims “home” and go through the end sequence, you can opt to stay on the island forever. It looks like they are leaving but the video is just a cinematic.
  • Calico45Calico45 Posts: 2,038 Member
    I have played the majority of spin offs.

Sims 2 and Castaway for PSP.
    Sims 2 Pets and Castaway for PS2.
    Sims 2, Sims 2 Pets, and Castaway for DS.

I didn't really touch anything Wii, though. I hated the controls on that thing. I bought just two games for it before giving up on that entire console generation.

One of my top games I can play without ever getting tired was Castaway for PS2. I desperately want Castaway back and the specialized/spin off console ports. I have no reason to play console Sims games anymore.
  • GamecubeLover26GamecubeLover26 Posts: 34 Member

I don’t think you ever found any actual islanders in the console games. It’s not really like the Sims Castaway Stories on PC. I’ve never played Castaway Stories though, but I’ve read about it.
    I believe that even if you send the Sims “home” and go through the end sequence, you can opt to stay on the island forever. It looks like they are leaving but the video is just a cinematic.

Oh, really? Whenever Sims 2 Castaway is mentioned, it's always in connection with the PC version, so I guess I just assumed that certain things were kept the same. That's really interesting!