Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The New Curly Hairstyle Concept Art

CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
O.K. leave it up to me to be negative, what can I say, I'm jaded about TS4. Anyway, I'm sorry but I had a look at the announcements and saw the new concept art for the new (planned hairstyle) or do you already have it? I shouldn't have read the announcement because sorry, but I don't like it, it looks like Medusa. Like worms or tiny snakes on the head. Maybe it's the art style of TS4 hair clumps but it doesn't make me think about a curly but Medusa. Can you see Medusa?
"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

Comments

• BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    Lol I actually thought it was quite nice for ts4 hair. I think they are getting better as I am a strict alpha cc hair lover. I didn't personally see medusa but I know what you mean, it's definitely the art style that gives all the hair the clunky clay look.
    All of their hair reminds me of play dough with little sculpted waves😅😅
    But I found myself using the newer ones! They are looking a bit more alpha or atleast less "clayish" imo. I'll probably end up using that one too🤭
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
  • DianesimsDianesims Posts: 2,873 Member
    It was visible in cas during the livestream and I was like "is that a new hair ? it looks like worms". But let's not forget it's not finalized.

Q6enq3k.png
  • CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    Perhaps not the long snakes seen on some sculptures but more like grub worms seen in pictures and sculptures of a tighter frame of hair, yeah grub worms fits.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,374 Member
    edited March 2021
    That looks a bit like old ladies perm hair.

39-BYtckTmDdod.jpg

Wish they would give us cotton candy hair like this

dcDQBil.jpg

or this kind of curly hair

curly-hairstyles-for-women-permed-hairstyles.jpg
  • BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    Oh i thought you were talking about that new short hairstyle. Now i see your talking about that one! I forgot about it. Giving me total worm vibes😖😖😖
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
  • SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,122 Member
    I love the second afro hair, very pretty.
  • Chicklet453681Chicklet453681 Posts: 2,435 Member
    It's most definitely the art style they chose to go with for TS4. That was one of the absolute hardest things for me to adjust to when I started playing, I still absolutely HATE the clay hair! It might be ok, if the actual mesh were more detailed and the textures had more details and wasn't so smeared looking. Also those gawd awful hair color swatches! That's the main reason I use Maxis Match CC Hair, just so I have more "normal" hair colors instead of that hazardous waste greenish yellow blonde and the cheddar cheese/mustard blonde hair or the blue-on-black swatch.
    edited March 2021
    It might be the highlights of the color that makes the hairstyle I am complaining about making it all look like a pile of worms. Maybe it has too much highlights that make that look like a worm shape rather than a curl.
  • crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,374 Member
    Maybe it's just that the picture is tiny. If you colour it pink it will look like brains. I thought it looked better in the preview picture they showed with the orange hair.
    crocobaura wrote: »
    Maybe it's just that the picture is tiny. If you colour it pink it will look like brains. I thought it looked better in the preview picture they showed with the orange hair.

No, I was talking about the picture of concept art under the new announcement seen in the announcement section. The game seems to already have it since it's the same thing seen in the announcement section and in the game CAS. I don't see any difference from the concept art nor the thumbnail in the picture of the CAS. Still looks like worms.
  • simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,827 Member
    I actually love the curl pattern in this hair. My one issue is that it's too full. I'd love to see a more tapered version, closer to the head.

ZfFQVOK.png

Something like this.

1RFzxwa.png
    The real person has loser curls. The ones on the Maxis hair seems fatter and sorry, wormy.
  • Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    edited March 2021
    I actually love the curl pattern in this hair. My one issue is that it's too full. I'd love to see a more tapered version, closer to the head.

ZfFQVOK.png

Something like this.

1RFzxwa.png

I actually prefer it full and I think the texture is ok. The concept art/render they showed, that you put in your comment, looks much better than the CAS thumbnail. We already have a hair like what you're suggesting (and it has an awful awful texture), it was patched for free with the Caribbean stuff.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Pamtastic72Pamtastic72 Posts: 4,545 Member
    It’s just the concept art and the modeling. It’s not the finished product yet. Sheesh! 🙄
  • thatpinkcoconutthatpinkcoconut Posts: 187 Member
    Let's not forget that many things in SimGuru's game versions are not final.
  • MareahMareah Posts: 792 Member
    I felt the same way regarding how it looks in the pic you posted, but it looks much better in simgirl's picture. I like it.
  • SimmerGeorgeSimmerGeorge Posts: 2,724 Member
    The issue with this hairstyle is that overall its form is kind of like a round ball. It really needs to be less full is cerain areas to give it more of a different shape. Maybe they will change it so it doesn't look that round anymore.

I would love to see something Whitney Houston-ish like this:

sOcBmRS.jpg
    Where's my Sims 5 squad at?