Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What Happened In Your Game Today?

Comments

• ImSandsImSands Posts: 332 Member
    I was playing The Landgraab Family from the Gallery (the one with Mom, Malcom, Mimi and Dustin). Mom Landgraab was in her final hours of life and she got abducted by aliens! When she returned all dazed, that's when Grim showed up to whisk her away. So in my head, it was death by alien abduction. I found it morbidly hilarious.
  • Metior_IceMetior_Ice Posts: 3,103 Member
    ImSands wrote: »
    I was playing The Landgraab Family from the Gallery (the one with Mom, Malcom, Mimi and Dustin). Mom Landgraab was in her final hours of life and she got abducted by aliens! When she returned all dazed, that's when Grim showed up to whisk her away. So in my head, it was death by alien abduction. I found it morbidly hilarious.

What are the odds of that happening?

• Metior_IceMetior_Ice Posts: 3,103 Member
    @Daravi I might not be the best person for providing an answer to: "What do rich people do with all that extra space?" However, while I might not be rich in real life, the Zalrian's in my game have maxed income, and I know that Zeph owns a rocket ship, and they have all have their own studies. Ember almost has an entire house for her personal use.... So, Maybe rich people have rockets capable of spaceflight and rooms dedicated to whatever their personal hobbies are... Oh I forgot Zeph's outdoor laboratory and Dylan's room dedicated to video and music mixtape production near the karaoke machine and kitchen with a waterfall in the island...
  • Ersa_MiddletonErsa_Middleton Posts: 697 Member
    edited March 2021
    I haven't done much with my family in over 2 months now, so I figured I'd get back at it by building a home for Madison.

It's 80% complete, the interiors aren't done. First floor(ground floor) will be the living room/kitchen/bathroom. Second floor will be Madison's room + a study area in the adjacent room. Third floor will be the children's floor when she has kids, 4th floor is undecided. The grass around the stairs on the ground floor is intentional as I was initially going for all the stairs to be outside, but I found that I'm not able to do that with subsequent floors.
    TTjqwMW.png
  • SezwickSezwick Posts: 4 New Member
    [quote="Becka28;c-17827537"]@Sezwick I think no matter how skilled your sim is their first 3 or 4 comedy routines come out poor - have you also improved their writing skill - I think my Johnny Zest had to improve his writing skill to get good (level 4 or 5 writing) and excellent routines (level 7 - 10 writing) but even poor ones earned him a lot of money when he performed them with high comedy skills in the entertainer career. Not sure if that helps. [/quote]

@Becka28 It turns out, I had to “practice” the routine, then go back to the computer and “refine” it.
    Now I have a comedy club in Get Togethers and it’s super fun times.
  • Sunflowergal227Sunflowergal227 Posts: 305 Member
    today in my game, i made myself and another romantic partner. we had kids 1 toddler and another baby. (toddler is boy/ girl is baby) i also played the goths since i made a new game!
    Favorite EP/SP
    Sims 2 (All EPs/SPs)
    Sims 3 Showtime
    Sims 3 Generations
    My Sims 3 profile page: https://mypage.thesims3.com/mypage/Sunflowergal227
  • Becka28Becka28 Posts: 1,870 Member
    @Sezwick good to know. Its been over 2 years since i did the career and the Peach sim in my NSB has to max comedy so it is just the right time to relearn what to do.

The club function in get together is awesome for speeding up skillbuilding if you can afford the skill rewards. My orange sim had to max programming and once his hacking club earned the increase programming skill award he just sped through the skill levels at club meetings.
  • drakharisdrakharis Posts: 1,478 Member
    I am waiting for CC chairs to be fixed as I wait I'm starting a new game with the 3 Sages as kids. I removed all the non-occult premade sims except for Bella Goth who is a vampire and Mortimer who is a child spellcaster. I am working on the households first because CAS is a quicker process than when I start rebuilding all the lots and removing all the premade clubs in the game and create clubs. It's going to be a heavy occult game with very few non occults. I will give some of the more prestigious vampires blood servants who give them the option of plasma or someone they can always feed on. This is going to be quite a project since I use a lot of custom chairs in my builds because EA doesn't have a lot of comfy chairs that look nice too. I did a Magic during Wartime Fanfic I'm still working on. But this is a prewartime game. I'm going to be using lots of mods for as many custom Sages and Spells as I can find. I am going to have Victoria Vanhesing my go-to sim who is a vampire and Cain's right hand.

L's family is funloving. She has 4 brothers 3 are older and one is younger. Her dad is a trickster named Coyote Faba. He is mischievous and always playing pranks or telling jokes. Her brothers are overprotective of their sister and her best friends. Her dad is a hunter. Hunting down evil spellcasters and working to protect other spellcasters. He might not be the Laughing Magician like John Constantine but he is sometimes pretty plumb close. He is one of the few spellcasters that Victoria Van Helsing is friends with and will work with. Her mom is silly and cares about her family. She works at a Laughs A Lot Comedy Club in Widenburg as a comedian. People will come from all over to see her shows. She has been given instructions in case her husband doesn't return from a mission. She trains her children in magic. Teaching them how to fight in case it's ever required. She is a gifted seer but prefers to be a comedian making people forget their problems for the night and laugh. Both parents come from an ancient bloodline. L's favourite things to do are cook and bake with her mom, telling jokes and joining her brothers in mischievous adventures

Morgyn has a twin sister and their family is easy going friendly and laid back. Morgyn and Morgana are best of friends they have a twin psychic link. Their mom Ella works in the archives translating and studying at Ravenheart Library. Their dad Joseph is a professor at Silverwolf Academy teaching Natural Magic which differs from Ceremonial Magic. Morgyn and his sister are very curious toddlers getting into everything. Morgyn cries when mom goes to work wanting to go with her and take a nap surrounded by ancient grimoires, tomes, books of shadow, and scrolls. He loves bedtime stories dad tells him, listening intently. His parents are good friends with Sam Astral and his brothers, Morgyn loves playing with Sam's daughter Lada Nightshade and when Sam comes to visit he brings Lada with him to play with her friends. If a toddler could be in love Morgyn would be in love with Lada. He loves sitting with his mom when she is reading tomes grimoires Books of Shadow and studying ancient texts.

Simeon's family is what Victoria Vanhelsing would use her "You know spellcasters Caleb a bunch of pompous arrogant elitists living in their towers and believing that their actions don't deserve consequences. When I was a hunter in the Van Helsing Clan I enjoyed hunting down many spellcasters. When Cain gives the ok I know which families I'm going after first." Simeon is the only "good" one amongst them. His parents are strict greedy, pompous snobs. They are elitists. Looking to always better their position looking at their children as pawns in their own personal agenda. Simeon has a strong bond with his best friend and first love Athena Moonshadow. It's an "unnatural" bond between them. Their bond goes beyond "symbiotic" and they can see through each other's eyes know what the other is thinking and feeling. It's rare amongst spellcasters to have such a bond between them even rarer when they aren't twins. They cannot lie to each other. They are inseparable. They play together In school they are in the same classes sitting next to each other. Unfortunately, his mom doesn't want him to have anything to do with her. His dad used to date Athena's mom and is good friends with her. His mom used to date Athena's dad and feels that he left broke up with her and chose Athena's mom over her and is still bitter over it even though her dad hadn't met her mom until about after a year after they broke up. She assumes that her husband must be having an affair with her even though they broke up and are still just good friends. Though Marie is adamant against Athena and Simeon having anything to do with each other Alistair is more likely to change his mind if it means more power prestige and influence. However, he is siding with his wife to keep some semblance of peace.

Simeon is The Seventh Son of a Seventh Son which with Spellcaster Society has strong meanings. Unlike The Sage of Practical Magic, we all know Simeon to be his focus wasn't always on Practical Magic. As a child, his focus was on Ceremonial and Techno Magic learning right beside Athena such a strongly disciplined form of magic that is Ceremonial Magic. One of his ways to escape his family's drama is the library in Willow Creek and learning video gaming and computer programming. He is a very cerebral child.

His dad is a dealer and collector of Spellcaster artefacts. From time to time his paths cross with Victoria Van Helsing who doesn't like him but knows how to be civil towards others. He often works with hunters in the spellcaster community. Though he is a total plumb he does believe that some artefacts need to be kept safe and hidden. He may be many things but a warlock (a traitor breaker of oaths, not a male witch. A male witch is a witch and not a warlock) he is not. He does have a sense of honour and duty but he is still a total plumb. Simeon's mom has no known "good" qualities and many spellcasters feel she is poison to The Silversweater family of spellcasters. At least she isn't evil right. Regina is Simeon's sister. She is just as power-mad as her mom. Wishing to marry only a powerful man whose family is part of The Proto Seven. She has her sights set on Ambrose Moonshaadow because his family line is one of the most sought after bloodlines amongst spellcasters. Love means nothing to her only power and prestige learning her mother's lessons well. While Simeon's brother Reginald is dating Cain's daughter Lily. Thankfully his parents don't know he's breaking rule number one... you stick with your own kind believing it's scandalous and disgusting to intermix bloodlines with other occult even if Cain is Vampire Royalty he still is a vampire and his children are vampires. Oh, what will the neighbours think indeed? Even though his parents don't like him being around Athena her siblings will do anything to help him out. Realising that she comes from a perfect bloodline and even though Regina doesn't care about love for herself she is a sucker for true love and would like to see her brother end up with Athena in the end. Her brother though a snob and very arrogant and pompous believes in love and would wish nothing but happiness for his younger brother.

Victoria Vanhelsing I brought in for this game. She is friends with some spellcasters but there are too many like Simeon's family for her liking and looks forward to Cain giving her the ok to hunt those families down for the "greater good". Cain reminds her not to interfere with the way of spellcasters. If they ask for help from vampires then surely they can help.

Sam Astral and his brothers are my go-to spellcaster family. They are friends with Victoria Van Helsing and would agree that some spellcaster families are more troublesome than others. When Victoria Van Helsing was a hunter with The Van Helsing family of hunters Jason and Alexander had the biggest crush on her wondering if she had woohoo with a spellcaster maybe she would have a different opinion. They still adore her but look at her more as a partner when they are on their missions. Unlike in my games where the Sages... Morgyn a young adult and Simeon and L adults... they don't work as world-renowned stage magicians. They are professors at Silverwolf Academy and hunters. They like Victoria go after rogue and evil occultists that could threaten the delicate balance amongst the different occults that are amongst the citizens of the world. They will often work with L's dad and Victoria on missions. They teach defensive and warrior magic. Sam is married to Aeon Nightshade The Sage Practical Magic in the Game. Aeon is intersex and their children are their youngest Lada, The Eternal Twilight Twins Azreal and Cailean and their son Feral Nightshade. Jason is married to Cymbaline they have their sons The Twins of Eternal Light Harriel and Daisuke. Alexander is single but has his son through magic Vale. He ignores the strong romantic feelings he has for Victoria feeling it could get in the way of them working together and would rather have her as a powerful ally and good friend than doing anything that could mess that up. Sam and his brother have given Simeon the option to stay with either of them if his family gets too much for him.

There are more aliens and merpeople among the population.

Cain, I'll be adding in with his household but I really cannot do him justice as the First of Vampires. He once was a mortal hailing from Atlantis. He is ambiguous, kind and extremely wise still maintaining knowledge of Atlantis. He is friends with Sam and his brothers, Solomon Charm and many other others amongst the other occults. He loves humans and other occults. He may not have created or sired every vampire but he is looked at as The Great Father amongst vampires.

The Moonshadow family of ancient spellcasters. They are part of The Proto Seven. They are a part of the spellcaster elite. Their family is considered perfect blood to intermarry with. They are the affluent rivals of many spellcaster families. Even though other spellcasters with an agenda come seeking them out to have "the honour" of having their family intermarry with them, they don't let it get to their heads. While Simeon's family is scheming and manipulative with countless self-serving agendas they are not. They often work with Sam and other members of The Proto Seven to preserve and protect the spellcaster way of life. Unlike most spellcaster families who believe you stick with your own kind and teach that to their children often shunning them when they dare date let alone intermarry, somebody who isn't even a magic user, they are open-minded. Unlike Simeon's parents not liking Athena despite her breeding is what they would normally consider perfect So far Athena's parents have had many an offer for an arranged marriage between her and many other spellcaster families. They are against using their children in such away. After all, when they get older they can decide that on their own. Athena's aunt lives in San Myshuno. Athena's cousin James Greenspirit lives in Glimmerbook. Athena lives with her grandmother Alice, her mom Raven, father Abramelin, her brothers Ambrose and Samuel and her sister Elaine. Elain is dating L's older brother Jonathan. Ambrose has Simeon's sister Regina trying to get with him for power and family name. Even though they are kind of friends he has no interest in her that way. Athena's parents have offered Simeon a place to hang out and stay when his mother gets too much.

The Charm Family has Solomon Charm with the lovely much younger Minvera Charm and their son Darrell who they dote on. Just like The Moonshadow family, the Charm family is considered a great and noble bloodline. Though an old and prestigious family with a strong bloodline their family line isn't as old as Sam and his brothers or any of The Proto Seven bloodlines. Solomon is an emissary between spellcasters and other occults and Sage of The Astral. He teaches Astral Studies at Silverwolf Academy. L Athena and Simeon are his best students and he feels sorry for Simeon He hates Marie Silversweater Simeon's mom because of her desire to be domineering, controlling and manipulative. Their family is closest to The Moonshadow family. Meanwhile, Minerva has taken leave to care for their son but before their son Darrell was born she was one of the teachers in Geneology and speciality bloodline based magic at Silverwolf Academy. She is best friends with Granny Hex who teaches divination and rune magic at the academy. Like Athena's parents, Simeon has been offered a place to stay when his family's drama gets out of hand.

I'm doing this as I wait on the CC chairs and stools that are broken and as a way to hope to share my theory on why The Sages have turned out the way they have. I wanted Simeon to have a horrible family in hopes to share why I believe he has such a high level in logic, video gaming and programming starting out and why he chose Practical Magic instead of one of the other schools to master. I feel that wanting to help others and do good through being The Sage of Practic Magic must not be because he is a good man. Good isn't one of his traits. His traits are gloomy geek and snob. If he had the good trait I would think of it being because he is good and Practical Magic is like "white magic" with spellcasters. What if he had such a horrible family and feels he has to redeem himself somehow and that is why his path is that of becoming The Sage of Practical Magic. What if something horrible happened to Morgyn's family or his sister or Lada and that is why he chose Untamed Magic to Master. What if something happened to L's family and because of it, it made her mean and use the only power she knows to lash out through Mischief Magic. I think with Simeon's traits he had to be traumatized so badly by something and his family iI think would be a good start. I'll probably play his family more often in this game to better get a feeling of what could have shaped him.

Right now I'm creating all the households for the game I want in the game and using free real estate cheat to move them where I want them before I start building the lots. I have an idea of what kind of home I want for each of the young future Sage's family homes

Playtesting - not just tabletop games and card games any more. Really that should have been playtested in Beta and not [img]just with accounting and marketing but actual players. https://i.imgur.com/t48COW6.jpg[/img]
  • honeypooh1267honeypooh1267 Posts: 1,344 Member
    because I have new computer and I'm starting at the very being, I just put my sims back into my computer, right now I'm just fixing lots and making my sims, I have been thinking on how each sim plan is ..

so far I have Julie Westfall... She has a career in acting and lives in two room house, she is the woman who like to sleeps around even if the sim is married or not.

then there is the family of Campbells, there are seven in all in that family.. still thinking on the plan for them.
    edited March 2021
    Madison's house is done and after 2 tries with SimDa, I managed to find her a match. Generation 6 has started with the birth of Melony Denny. Henry is on the way. Her mother(Madison's) has been stopping by every day. I'm not sure why her brother Harrison hasn't dropped by yet.

Shocker: When she went to the hospital to give birth to Melony, Brandi III was the doctor she was going to see! Unfortunately the game decided to bug right here as the hospital was "closed" despite a line of patients at the counter. So Madison had to give birth at home.
  • sarabeth2984sarabeth2984 Posts: 849 Member
    edited March 2021
    Hey everyone!!
    I hope everyone is doing well and staying safe! Here’s some comments and replies :) I left lots of likes and awesomes too:)
    @lyrie I loved watching the photo shoot with Declan/Hazel and Max/Rainbow:) Thanks for liking Simeon! I enjoy it when people get as much joy out of his escapades as I do. About your depression question regarding Simeon, yes it does rear its ugly head on occasion. It wound up popping up my last playthrough quite a bit. I have been having him call friends/family whenever it happens. Also, childcare and working helps keep him distracted until the moodlets disappear. Its a bit like real life, sometimes you just have to power through it. I can relate, because I suffer from chronic depression (sometimes you just have to). Fortunately, he has had a lot of good things happen enough that it overpowered the moodlet.
    I get getting into your sims! Poor Declan. Aubree’s death really affected him. I remember a few ladies/potential love interests showing some interest in him. Has he showed any inclinations for falling in love again?
    I hate the impact his grief has had on his life and his relationship with Hazel. At least she has Vanessa for a mother role. It hope he realizes he doesn’t need to be so hard on himself. Once he does he can really improve his relationship with his daughter.
    @hillybeth Your Civil Engineer sim looks awesome!
    @haneul I was laughing at hoity toity and sophisticated Asher potty training Elmire. Looks like he has his hands full lol. And I love seeing Rashad and Dysis together!
    @metior_ice Thank you for liking my Wishing Well Twins origin story!
    Also congrats on finishing the Beach Bum aspiration!!
    @angelique_adelaide Thank you for liking Esme! She’s a hoot:)
    Yes I was so happy when Simeon’s immortality spell worked! He’s focused on building his magical skill and mastering all 3 schools of Magic at the moment. I am sure he would love to bring Rachel back but that ship has sailed….I released her ghost to the Netherworld. Not gonna lie I teared up a little. She kept showing up EVERYWHERE. It seemed as though all the NPCs showing up at my venues were ghosts. She also kept calling him to go out on dates. It was breaking immersion. The only ghosts I like to keep around are vampires. They are technically undead anyway.
    I was laughing so hard at Salim’s boring date!! XD He fell asleep!! That was a hoot
    @lucy_henley I really enjoyed seeing your sim’s growing family!
    @doodlydoofus YAY!! I love seeing your stories!! They make me laugh:) chaos!! So many urns
    @cheesysimslover Erin was so cute with her niece and nephew:)
    @daravi That build looks amazing! It must have taken forever! And you are so right, I never know what to put in that many rooms….
    @melliealethea Your sims have been busy! They are cute couple:)

Ok on to what happened in my game...
    I am still playing Simeon Silversweater’s household:) 29Eqvjo.png

Last time I played he successfully brewed a batch of Immortality potion!! He’s mastered Alchemy, but he’s branching out into the other schools of magic. He’s going to confront the Sage of Untamed Magic and request the ultimate Spell. It can only be taught by the Sage themselves.
    But first.
    Bills!
    ZWKhCFB.png

Depression
    Well. The amount he just paid would send anyone into a serious case of depression.

*I jest about it but having clinical depression since my teens, I have always found having a sarcastic sense of humor about it can help. But always seek professional help if you need it. I do

Simeon has always suffered from depression for years (gloomy trait). Rachel had him start a journal back when they started dating. He writes in that when he can. But being a widower and raising 3 kids is really stressing him out and he often doesn’t have enough time
    YstnSuq.png
    pcoeffR.png
    This just broke my heart. Ironically Joanna, his neighbor has been calling him. She always calls or he is free to call her whenever needed. He usually cheers up after talking to a friend
    B7xmkZo.png
    He sent her a text at this point. 5BdqTy7.png

Comics
    He made breakfast for the kids. His oldest son Kirk has noticed his dad’s depression problem 9PEjXYD.png
    After Kirk went to school and he dropped the younger 2 off at daycare, Simeon opened up the comic shop. He had to restock first 9OlKjrp.png
    He was still having a bad bout of depression 6tU73Dv.png
    But managed to power through. Sometimes you just have to AlWCSnR.png
    Boy do I know how that feels :( He actually did cheer up after a while. Business was good Y55l4E6.png
    The place was a mess. He cleaned up before closing WE4vnbq.png

The Ultimate Spell
    He was feeling chipper at this point. It was a relief. So much so that he transportilated to the Magic Realm. He found the current Mage of Untamed Magic, an elf named Rogelio Falcontree. The spent some time getting to know each other
    EMINqRT.png
    Simeon finally convinced Rogelio about his worthiness to learn the ultimate spell. mFpNV9d.png
    Rogelio agreed apparently! KBDogZo.png
    Simeon was excited Vr83MNz.png
    He could feel his power growing ZU3b1Pz.png
    Next up a friendly duel with Rogelio WeB2Wn5.png
    Simeon used to have reputation for his skill at dueling bz96biy.png
    But apparently not today. Rogelio won lol 628Q6xd.png

Duplicato
    The next day, Simeon found himself a bit overwhelmed with chores. Time to try out that new spell! He Duplicato’d eoh6XaQ.png
    Uh oh...6Dn9BXE.png
    Oh wait. It worked! Simeon thinks to himself...What a handsome dude!
    QM7I94x.png
    He commanded temporary Simeon to clean s0DX1hC.png
    While this temp one was cleaning u4n8xvR.png
    WOh2105.png
    He was able to catch up on gardening9gs4ve7.png
    and the bees RKeJuGy.png
    And childcare fDUyDAy.png
    He was able to catch up with Joanna zD0GrB2.png
    And a little tv uztb72d.png
    Kirk got home from school. They had a little family time 9L3iQ0M.png
    At this point temp Simeon was done cleaning. Kirk introduced himself. uTadnGd.png
    Double mint twins lol eIe4TUi.png
    I know the duplicated sim will eventually disappear because they are only supposed to last a few hours. I was wondering what it looks like….I followed the temp Simeon around until it happened! He suddenly stood up sSitB4z.png
    And looked like he was about to transportilate himself. He looked surprised when it failed and then poofed in a cloud of black smoke! 5zk7DTe.png
    It was kind of sad….:(

But on a happier note…it was time for
    Birthdays!!!
    He made a cake 3WwER3c.png
    First up. Picard the toddler! 2JyPeIv.png
    He was such a cute toddler SzQqykj.png
    And a cuter kid! T1wjN4N.png
    Picard loves the outdoors
    Next up...Janeway
    suICjti.png
    She’s blonde!?! Where did that come from?
    But she’s adorable r67inlC.png
    She rolled for independent. First steps 2Ugbihl.png
    She wound up still having the sad moodlet from losing a parent (her mom Rachel). Simeon kept having to comfort her. aenpDwe.png
    Her room is about the same but with the new toddler bed from Ecoliving! rQ8WrxL.png

So what do they all look like?
    Kirk is the oldest and still a child. I play with aging off but use MCCC to add a few days to their age so I can keep track. I have a weird way of dealing with aging them. Once they have top marks in school and have mastered the child skill traits, I enroll them in after school activities. Kirk is probably closer to 8-10 now. I had him join the Scouts and gave him a bit older style of clothes. He’s mastered all the child skills except for his motor skills. He’s even picked up videogaming, programming, and logic! So far Kirk LOVES to read books. I think he might be a bit of a bookworm later on. He also loves to play with his voidcritters set and his favorite toy is a little robot. q3NrdUT.png
    He also has longer hair. He still has his mom’s green eyes 5mPGdj1.png

Picard rolled for Loves the Outdoors. That’s kind of appropriate because he’s always running around outside. I think he’ll have Rachel’s personality and love for the outdoors. He could be Kirk’s twin! Except he has Simeon’s brown eyes. Picard’s room is decorated with dinosaurs so I gave him a shirt with a little dino on it. He’s adorable. And missing his front teeth :)Cn3Y4Vx.png

And finally Janeway! She’s already turning out to be a little stinker. She rolled for independent. I have no idea why she aged up with blond hair! Maybe its coded in Simeon’s genetics? Or it might be a bug? She’s definitely his daughter according to the genealogy. Rachel had brown hair, although her mom and sisters are all redheads...no blondes. I went ahead and gave her the light/reddish brown hair 6UKQov5.png
    She has her mom’s green eyes!

Till next time!!
    Post edited by sarabeth2984 on
  • SimsFourFun93SimsFourFun93 Posts: 12 New Member
    I made it to 25 droids in my 100 droid challenge ! wooot woot 1/4 of the way there !
  • mightyspritemightysprite Posts: 5,871 Member
    @sarabeth2984 I love your Simeon and his story <3

• DaepheneDaephene Posts: 1,760 Member
    @sarabeth2984 If Simeon has one of the graying hair colors I think they act like the non-natural colors and give the child a random shade.
  • GrimlyFiendishGrimlyFiendish Posts: 718 Member
    Meet the Parents (Part 1)

Since her wife's death, Lilitu had decided to move into a house in Glimmerbook with her sister, Cerise. After Cerise's whirlwind romance with her new boyfriend, Paris, Lilitu found herself alone in a house that was too large to manage by herself, so she decided to take in a boarder.

They were getting along well, a little too well, and Lilitu found herself realising that feels might be developing between them, although they were both playing it cool.

QJ49whK.png

As their first new year together approached, Lilitu grew increasingly nervous as she imagined how things would go, would things just turn out incredibly awkward, maybe she should spend New Year with her family instead. She pondered these thoughts as she worked on her rocketship

fHKJm8o.png

Come the day of New Year's eve, as Lilitu prepared a grand meal, another thought struck her. Things would only be as awkward as either of them made it. They were going to have a nice, enjoyable, and awkward free New Year together, and everything would be fine.

2KzjORp.png

FMvbZNS.png

Of course there was also the matter of Malachai meeting her parents at some point. Lilitu had already decided if anything was to happen between them, then getting a meeting with her Mum and Dad out the way sooner rather than later was probably a good idea. But how to go about it? Malachai was from far out of town, she didn't even know if he was aware that there were such things as Soul Reapers, let alone that some of them had children. She broached the subject over dinner.

"So you know my family are a bit different?" She didn't elaborate on what different meant.

"Well yeah, I mean as far as I can tell your a Spellcaster, so I assume your family are Spellcasters too."

This was a positive sign, if he was okay with the idea of Spellcasters, maybe he'd be okay with the fact that her Dad was a Soul Reaper. Still, she didn't want to just throw the poor guy in at the deep end, might be better to introduce the idea to him gradually.

"I was just thinking, I'd like you to meet my Mum and Dad."

W9PTOxF.png

Lilitu rang her Dad the next day to let him in on the plan.

"Okay, turn up, meet your new boarder, look as little like myself as possible. I've got it."

dMNkmM5.png
    Occult Simmer (All Occult All The Time)

Female Simmer from Australia (she/her)

I had one of my Sims marry the Grim Reaper & now they have a lot of kids.

I am reading & enjoying everyone's stories. I'm sorry I'm not responding much beyond hitting the 'awesome' button, I've been a tad under the weather lately.

• DoodlyDoofusDoodlyDoofus Posts: 1,182 Member
    Alright you know the deal, only have screenshots of today's activity. Not a lot of screenshots, not a lot of story....But it's most certainly what happened in my game today.

So here we see young Samara encountering what the people of this world refers to as "A bug".
    qeGiw4E.png
    Samara: "Oh sorry, my mistake. I'll take care of that."
    Cw4BffH.png
    Meanwhile, Grim decided to throw a party and had a nice keg set up.
    MAHoThp.png
    Yes, mostly so he can do some sick kegstands.
    CVAoAed.png
    Grim Sr: "Boy, my boy sure can drink!"
    A7sM8ci.png
    Grim Sr: "Ah look, my other boy. Now don't go around causing more clone massacres, okay?"
    RWNDxaS.png
    Octavia: "You know Grim, this is a nice party. You made sure to invite your Aunt Sophie right? I haven't seen her anywhere."
    5sWyLVy.png
    Grim: "Of course I invited her! Let me call her up and see if she's on her way."
    l8cytD0.png
    BoKL8H4.png
    Grim: "Oh......"
    OBjqfXn.png
    Now it's a funeral
    3TRtSd3.png
    Rest in Peace Aunt Sophie....I use this picture to represent her just because this is the look she stayed in until she died of old age. Not many seniors could work that outfit till the day they died.
    ba5mDFm.png
    And of course as is tradition in this country, everyone made sure to wear their best black OR white clothing for this funeral. As is tradition.
    To4XGdn.png
    And yes, the Keg was still there.
    RuBJLkb.png
    Grom: "Is it a good idea to drink at a funeral?"
    QopPkc5.png
    Grim: "Don't stop me from drinking!"
    PVJ4nZV.png
    Grim: "Hey Elle, sorry about your Mom. Gotta be hard to lose both parents in such a short time. But hey at least you picked out your best white mourning dress for the occasion."
    PvNAHtH.png
    Elle: "It's what Mother would've wanted."
    BkvF9zv.png
    Luna: "Now typically I'd take the opportunity to rock a black dress, but hey, it's great to have some variety."
    sT7JTPy.png
    And here we see Octavia pouring herself a drink, after all this is what Sophie would've wanted.
    o8lraH5.png
    Octavia: "Man....I can't believe my little sister is dead.....Hey wait a minute, if she's younger than me how come I'm still ali-Oh yeah, I'm immortal.......Hey wait a minute!"
    gWCojyO.png
    Octavia: "Mom, why didn't you teach Sophie the spell for immortality?"
    9Bjvv5p.png
    Luna: "I guess I forgot!"
    mDKz5DC.png
    Samara: "Can I sit at this table with you guys?"
    Grim Sr: "NO. This is the cool kids table, now please leave, I'm busy showing everyone my favorite robot toy."
    Biwvrx5.png
    Later that night, Grim Sr helped Grim Jr do another kegstand.
    Grim Sr: "Seriously Grim, this is your third kegstand in one day. I thought I was the one with the problem."
    HRxWxkE.png
    Well funeral's over, time for the guests to pour out into the street.
    mKvngTl.png
    Fan: "OH MY GOD IT'S THE GRIM REAPER!"
    fkrnOMB.png
    Aww how cute, Sonya thinks the fan is here for her.
    T3UOHZd.png
    Turns out during the party, someone just flat out gave Grim a starring role in a movie......No idea why they did but they just called him and said "Ey yo you wanna be in a movie?" and he was like "Yo dawg, that's a great idea!" so here he is practicing his acting skills to get himself ready.
    yqpsVNM.png
    No one could actually make out what he's saying. You try delivering a dramatic monologue when your insides are now 75% liquor.
    bbwbfvy.png
    By golly, I think he's gonna go far in this industry.
    C8cQXbd.png
    edited March 2021
    Ok. This 3rd gen family bloodline cut off is becoming harder to manage the higher in the line my family gets. I just took Harrison to the main Denny Family house where his great-great grand uncles are, and one of them has taken Brandi V between the sheets(yes, a Ronald Islay reference), and since she hasn't had a child(2 max for her gen) yet, she's not set to "can't get pregnant".

tl;dr: Might have the first child born from inbreeding >_____________>. My mistake for not building a house for her sooner and moving her out so that this wouldn't happen.

Edit: If she does have a child and it's a girl, how am I gonna name her.. Brandi V-II?

Edit 2: Just remembered I have it set that pregnancy is turned off for sims that I don't control. This was set in the first month that I started my family because the townies were way too frisky and there were babies everywhere.
  • drakharisdrakharis Posts: 1,478 Member
    I just worked on building in The Young Sages game I started. I made them all kids Simeon with a horrible family, L with a silly light-hearted fun family. Morgyn with a laidback easy-going family. I wanted to do a game to better explain them and why they are the way they are. What happened. Just building no that I have the households in the game that I want to replace all the premade I got rid of. I am starting on Simeon's family home because I can envision clearly in my mind how I want it to look.
    Playtesting - not just tabletop games and card games any more. Really that should have been playtested in Beta and not [img]just with accounting and marketing but actual players. https://i.imgur.com/t48COW6.jpg[/img]
  • LyrieLyrie Posts: 881 Member
    Hello everyone been extremely busy lately here to respond to mentions.

@sarabeth2984 I am glad for Simeon and glad he can rely on his family and friends and power through <3 I have bounts of depression to so I understand and was wondering about him, I have some hopes left for Dec but I dunno, I am happy Vanessa is there for her too~ and her cousin Yu is also there so a good father role, if not, I feel she be worse off. Declan is not interested in others, though he did have a few woman wanting to get to know him, it kinda sad about that he really can't move on and some of the gals were really cute If I remember right, I got them off the gallery some older (Adults) and most young adults.

Aww I love Si so much! You are right he is powering through and is such a strong man and father <3 I love the comic book store idea, I am wanting to do retail (lol I never have in 4 years of playing sims 4) I usually sell things via the sells tables or mats but I am gonna try retail soon~

I dunno if I ever said, but I love your elves! They are one of my top favorite fantasy creatures :)

Whoa! I don't think I knew that of realm of magic (don't have the pack yet) the duplicate was neat, though sad that he poofed, I LOL'ed at the double mint twins comment xD

Awww all the kids are lovely~ I love little Kirk bookworm is a great trait and I heard they will prefer to read more and gain fun form it.

There is a mod out there called talented kids by Zulf, it can let little Picard learn to garden :)

I just gave Rainbow and Hazel their more preteen make overs myself heh, it is fun to do that. They are 10 then at 13 (I see teens at 14-17ish but everyone is different) so I found some CC to make them look a bit older like painted nails and lip gloss. I do that too, if the hair color does not make sense I change it, Janeway is sooo cute heh independent is a hard trait, I love the shirt is it from a pack?

@Metior_Ice Thank you! I enjoy your updates even without the story, it nice to see your process building your game to how you can to fit all your merefolk, you gave me an serious itch to play mermaids and elements children!

@mightysprite thank you for the lovely comment, I do enjoy when someone enjoys my story. A story thread huh? I could do that, that is a good idea, give me a bit and I'll even tag or pm you when its done :)

I will be back with an update soon, maybe this busy spell will settle down after Easter! Happy simming!
  • LyrieLyrie Posts: 881 Member
    @GrimlyFiendish don’t worry about it too much the awesome button is a great response :) I know it’s appreciated! Get well soon! I am enjoying your story about meeting the parents
    @Lyrie Thank you, I appreciate the kind words. :)

edited April 2021
    Called Laitha's ghost back and added her back into the family where she's once again a member of the Denny Family houshold. Lol it was also the only way to stop her from destroying stuff.

I talked about Brandi V and Leslie earlier and that ended up being a jinx. She gave birth to 2 girls. I decided to just let her have them rather than terminate the pregnancy. Leslie somehow got a hold of Nancy Landgraab(a townie) and she gave birth to twins.

Welcome to the family, Brandi VI, Celeste, Natasha and Latasha haha. (I need more males into the family..)

Side note: Leslie will die for his actions.
    Post edited by Ersa_Middleton on
  • Lilacsky22Lilacsky22 Posts: 43 Member
    one crazy night, my vampire couple have 4 toddlers, 2 of them had birthdays and aged up, meanwhile the house is in complete chaos with my pregnant lady going into birth yet again, she had a girl!!!! finally after 4 boys.............lmao, what is up with that anyways. so I have to constantly hire a nani because her husband is not very reliable...he gets bored often...so we now have two toddlers a baby girl and two preteens, hahaha! complete and utter chaos!!!!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top