Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Collection of Creepy Things in The Sims Series

Comments

• notthatbellagothnotthatbellagoth Posts: 20 Member
    I will always miss the Olive Specter storyline and the "gold digger" aspiration. Just super, super useful for storytelling and it made the Caliente-Goth-Lothario storyline in TS2 one of the most memorable I can think of in any video game I ever played. (Not that I don't adore Dragon Age but Sunset Valley, man.)
  • Sunflowergal227Sunflowergal227 Posts: 305 Member
    edited March 2021
    The most creepiest thing in The Sims series- anyone play the sims 2 for PSP and gotten to the graveyard where you push zombie back in their graves? Most creeepiest music plays ever from the start of the minigame to the end. even Paradise Place has creepy music at night. Even creepier music comes into where you enter the town of deadtree. Even the whole Doctor Dominic Newslow thing is creepy because he wants to control other sims.
    Here is a link for the graveyard scene: (10:37 tracking)
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=InUpgljG2GQ&list=PL3E2C7706BB1E126A&index=7
    Post edited by Sunflowergal227 on
    Favorite EP/SP
    Sims 2 (All EPs/SPs)
    Sims 3 Showtime
    Sims 3 Generations
    My Sims 3 profile page: https://mypage.thesims3.com/mypage/Sunflowergal227
  • GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,284 Member
    The most creepiest thing in The Sims series- anyone play the sims 2 for PSP and gotten to the graveyard where you push zombie back in their graves? Most creeepiest music plays ever from the start of the minigame to the end. even Paradise Place has creepy music at night. Even creepier music comes into where you enter the town of deadtree. Even the whole Doctor Dominic Newslow thing is creepy because he wants to control other sims.

I only ever played this game on PC. Still don't own a console — of any sort. But, yeah, that would be creeeepy.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • MeowchaFrappeMeowchaFrappe Posts: 840 Member
    Sims 4 is the first version of Sims I've ever played and while I haven't experienced anything creepy in my game as of yet. But there is something I've heard of happening in one pack that makes me scared x 1000

And that's with Get to Work. The birthing machine having a chance at taking your Sims heart out when you give birth at the hospital really freaks me out. Like biiiiiig time. I've seen a few pictures before and I have to quickly scroll past them since it creeps me out bad. If I'm being honest, this animation alone has made me very weary of getting Get to Work.

I don't even know if it's just when your Sim gives birth at the hospital or surgery, but I don't ever want to send my Sim to the hospital and find out. If anyone could clarify this, I'd really appreciate it.

The pet death also sounds terrible. I haven't experienced that yet since I play with aging off. But wow... I also didn't even realize the ocean threat was a thing, Lol.
  • EgonVMEgonVM Posts: 4,926 Member
    Sims 4 is the first version of Sims I've ever played and while I haven't experienced anything creepy in my game as of yet. But there is something I've heard of happening in one pack that makes me scared x 1000

And that's with Get to Work. The birthing machine having a chance at taking your Sims heart out when you give birth at the hospital really freaks me out. Like biiiiiig time. I've seen a few pictures before and I have to quickly scroll past them since it creeps me out bad. If I'm being honest, this animation alone has made me very weary of getting Get to Work.

I don't even know if it's just when your Sim gives birth at the hospital or surgery, but I don't ever want to send my Sim to the hospital and find out. If anyone could clarify this, I'd really appreciate it.

Oh, that reminds me.
    The heart that can be removed with that surgery machine was so much toned down (fortunately, sims don't die by this). After release, the heart is just a red heart shaped thingy. However, in The Sims 4 Get to Work announcement trailer, you can see that the heart used to be more realistic. I'll put the video down here at the spot it can be seen on. Of course under spoilers.

I unfortunately don't have The Sims 2 for PSP, but I'd do wish to try it out someday. I have talked about it in this discussion before, so I'll won't start repeating what I said. The Sims 2 for consoles are certainly unique games, and all The Sims 2 (not Pets or Castaway) for handheld consoles take place in Strangetown.

Getting a little bit off-topic, but The Sims 2 console games are like The Sims Stories, The Sims spin-off based on The Sims 2 (or The Sims 2 for laptops). There's The Sims Life Stories (The Sims 2), The Sims Pet Stories (The Sims 2 Pets), and The Sims Castaway Stories (The Sims 2 Castaway).
    Let's get back to topic!
  • Sorak4Sorak4 Posts: 3,934 Member
    edited March 2021
    Here's one of the creepy things that probably goes overlooked across all games, but Sims just freely give out their phone numbers to *everyone* they meet. Even your children do. So your Sim can end up getting random outing calls at 1am from a sim three times their age, and frankly thats creepy!

Also then there's the Sims 2 on the DS with the cult worshipping cows, the whole alien invasion thats beyond your normal abductions as they wreck havok leaving you permamentally slowed the whole game if you cheated... And Honest Jacksons "disappearence" for the rest of the game. What happened to Honest Jackson? The last we saw him was before we got told to bury a wiggling briefcase...

Honest Jackson is dead. And you buried him alive... In a Sims game.
    L9q8VGi.png
    Sorak4 wrote: »
    Here's one of the creepy things that probably goes overlooked across all games, but Sims just freely give out their phone numbers to *everyone* they meet. Even your children do. So your Sim can end up getting random outing calls at 1am from a sim three times their age, and frankly thats creepy!

Also then there's the Sims 2 on the DS with the cult worshipping cows, the whole alien invasion thats beyond your normal abductions as they wreck havok leaving you permamentally slowed the whole game if you cheated... And Honest Jacksons "disappearence" for the rest of the game. What happened to Honest Jackson? The last we saw him was before we got told to bury a wiggling briefcase...

Honest Jackson is dead. And you buried him alive... In a Sims game.

Well, before you can bury the chest, Penelope Redd catches you in the act and confiscates it. But Honest Jackson is still gone though...

And about the phone number thing. The Sims 2 has a business perk called "Head for Numbers" that allows sim to call every sim in the neighborhood (sims living in houses in main and sub-neighborhoods + NPC sims + Townies), even when they haven't met yet.
  • LogicallyironicLogicallyironic Posts: 137 Member
    1. I rarely play with dogs so idk if this applies to them as well, but in the Sims 2 the ghosts of cats will have translucent heads and bodies, but their eyes, teeth, and tongue will be slightly less transparent.
    (pic: https://i.redd.it/kkm9l8k14aj61.jpg)
    My sims have a ghost cat, and the amount of guests that have peed themselves after seeing him is hilarious. Even better, my actual household has never seen the ghost.

2. The screams of Sims 1 sims when they burn.

3. The bayou in the Urbz for GBA always unsettled me at night. And Lloyd. He always freaked me out.
    1. I rarely play with dogs so idk if this applies to them as well, but in the Sims 2 the ghosts of cats will have translucent heads and bodies, but their eyes, teeth, and tongue will be slightly less transparent.
    (pic: https://i.redd.it/kkm9l8k14aj61.jpg)
    My sims have a ghost cat, and the amount of guests that have peed themselves after seeing him is hilarious. Even better, my actual household has never seen the ghost.

2. The screams of Sims 1 sims when they burn.

3. The bayou in the Urbz for GBA always unsettled me at night. And Lloyd. He always freaked me out.

The second one is indeed... different from future games. I even accidentally created an acronym on YouTube: USOD, aka Unbearable Sounds Of Death. Thus if you wish to refer to these sounds, feel free to use USOD instead (unless it has another meaning...)!

The first one can be creepy... The third one I have faint memories of. Well then, if I want to track down that experience again, I'll have to seek it for DS. Yes, it will have some more things and some less from GBA, but the bayou still exists there.
    Oh look! I just found a video of those gravestone noises I have written about. Here, have a listen!
    https://youtu.be/zvIK3hkW4C0

These noises happen during night near gravestones, even when no ghosts are out.
  • Mizzila1297Mizzila1297 Posts: 620 Member
    I don't know if it's been mentioned here yet, but the whole "Social Bunny" challenge thing that went around for The Sims 2... Isolate your sim until the bunny arrives? That scared me half to death!
  • PuddinroyPuddinroy Posts: 4,451 Member
    Sims 1: Tragic clown as I'm scared of clowns. When I played the Sims1, I would cover my eyes if the clown showed up.

Sims2: Messing up my game!

Sims3: Burglar music!

Sims4: Don't know as I don't play that one anymore.
    :) Smile!

• TrowiciaTrowicia Posts: 2,027 Member
    z7eRvuO.png

this prank call spooked young Trowicia because I didn't know anything about them being a thing in the game.

i had my sim do everything but go to the front door ever since :joy:
    // take me back to 2018.
  • LJKLJK Posts: 257 Member
    edited March 2021
    I had no idea the heart from Get to Work was toned down at all. I can see why they did so, though. Personally, I'm surprised nobody has mentioned the Possessed emotion from Strangerville. At times, it has amused me, but the sound effect that plays when the emotion first appears has made me jump twice. And I'm a (young) adult man. :D With the right Sim and even some lighting, it can look especially creepy. Definitely one of my favorite things about Strangerville.

Also, something I didn't know about TS3. You can stalk Sims. If you constantly text, call, and start following another Sim around, they'll get creeped out. I found this out by accident and felt both fascinated and a bit bad about it.
    LJK wrote: »
    I had no idea the heart from Get to Work was toned down at all. I can see why they did so, though. Personally, I'm surprised nobody has mentioned the Possessed emotion from Strangerville. At times, it has amused me, but the sound effect that plays when the emotion first appears has made me jump twice. And I'm a (young) adult man. :D With the right Sim and even some lighting, it can look especially creepy. Definitely one of my favorite things about Strangerville.

Also, something I didn't know about TS3. You can stalk Sims. If you constantly text, call, and start following another Sim around, they'll get creeped out. I found this out by accident and felt both fascinated and a bit bad about it.

Of course. I totally forgot about Possessed emotion! Yes, wide open eyes, weird body movements, and cryptic messages.

Ah yes, The Sims 3 and the ability to look through other sims' windows to see what are your neighbors doing.
  • AngeliqueAdelaideAngeliqueAdelaide Posts: 1,026 Member
    edited March 2021
    Zombies. One time was enough for me to go looking for a mod to turn them off. What's even creepier, the zombie for some reason spawned looking exactly like my sim.
    Zombies. One time was enough for me to go looking for a mod to turn them off. What's even creepier, the zombie for some reason spawned looking exactly like my sim.

Sometimes, the game really wants to be creepy, huh? At least your sim has an evil twin. That's great, right? Right? :s

For me, the scariest life state in The Sims 3 is mummy. The face and the fact how mummy's curse affects your screen when you have selected the cursed sim. That face that appears when the sim is close to death...
    But anyway, it is really interesting to see what each player finds scary in The Sims series. And the many responses bring out so many things.
    So far, thank you for all. This discussion has been doing great, so let's keep it that way, shall we?
  • Sorak4Sorak4 Posts: 3,934 Member

At least for the Sims 3 a lot of the Sims can sometimes be taken from copies of the SimBin. I've had it happen back in 2011 where one of my Sims' Papparazi stalkers WAS his wife's clone. Definitely a weird case to see whenever it happens.
    L9q8VGi.png
  • AngeliqueAdelaideAngeliqueAdelaide Posts: 1,026 Member
    Sorak4 wrote: »

At least for the Sims 3 a lot of the Sims can sometimes be taken from copies of the SimBin. I've had it happen back in 2011 where one of my Sims' Papparazi stalkers WAS his wife's clone. Definitely a weird case to see whenever it happens.

Didn't know about it. Good to hear that there is an explanation, I was worried that my game may be bugged. (Only started playing Sims 3 last year, so it was a quite recent event)
  • MorgaineWitchMorgaineWitch Posts: 42 Member
    I tried out Sims 4 on my little sister's computer before I got enough money to reinstall origin on my own computer. I made a family for my first game. Anyway, I didn't buy a high chair because I find them frankly annoying. I make food for the whole family and made someone give him a serving. My sim son then went and found an adult arm chair to sit in an eat. His arms and legs stretched out freakily to get up into the chair.

I don't remember which Sims game it was but...the tragic clown.
  • GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,284 Member
    I tried out Sims 4 on my little sister's computer before I got enough money to reinstall origin on my own computer. I made a family for my first game. Anyway, I didn't buy a high chair because I find them frankly annoying. I make food for the whole family and made someone give him a serving. My sim son then went and found an adult arm chair to sit in an eat. His arms and legs stretched out freakily to get up into the chair.

I don't remember which Sims game it was but...the tragic clown.

You don't have to purchase Origin. Just sayin'. But, I'm glad you had the opportunity to try the game before you purchased it. :) Also, just have a Sim Call to Meal and the Toddlers can help themselves. Just a friendly tip. :)
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • MorgaineWitchMorgaineWitch Posts: 42 Member
    > @GalacticGal said:
    > You don't have to purchase Origin. Just sayin'. But, I'm glad you had the opportunity to try the game before you purchased it. :) Also, just have a Sim Call to Meal and the Toddlers can help themselves. Just a friendly tip. :)

The monthly Origin subscription was the least expensive option at the time. Plus, it came with a free copy of the base game.

Yes, I figured out the call to meal afterwards.

-----

Another thing that creeped me out is in Sims 4. I found out that if your sim eats a strange fruit in Strangerville and has an infant it is not considered child endangerment to leave them home alone when your sim is wandering around town possessed from 12 am-4 am.
  • LogicallyironicLogicallyironic Posts: 137 Member
    Today I learned that: if you take a kitten/puppy into CAS in Sims 3 (with cheats of course) and age change their breed without aging them up, you are greeted with a monstrosity.
  • RememberJoyRememberJoy Posts: 1,138 Member
    The spooky noises from the haunted house lot type that came with Paranormal has made me jump a couple times. They did an awesome job making haunted houses really feel haunted in this pack.

Also possessed vampires with black or glowing eyes is very creepy.
    The spooky noises from the haunted house lot type that came with Paranormal has made me jump a couple times. They did an awesome job making haunted houses really feel haunted in this pack.

Also possessed vampires with black or glowing eyes is very creepy.

I totally forgot about possessed vampires! Yes, possessed sims are one thing (still creepy), but possessed vampires... I avoid it so I won't have nightmares.
    Today I learned that: if you take a kitten/puppy into CAS in Sims 3 (with cheats of course) and age change their breed without aging them up, you are greeted with a monstrosity.

Same story here, but some years ago.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top