Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Is Paris a thing?!

KokoaMilkKokoaMilk Posts: 267 Member
If you are like me you might have a folder full of CC contents and also a list of CC creators that comes handy when you need to do some "Sim Shopping" for new contents to update your game.

And if you are even more like me you check this forum multiples times a day to see if there's any news or to speculate about things.

We all speculated about a Romance Pack coming. Didn't we?

But...have you noticed that "Paris fever" that is running lately??

- AHarrisBritney00 and Ayoshi released a CC pack for CAS called PARIS and it is beautiful, indeed;
- Felixandre released a Paris themed set of B/B objects;

I learnt the hard way that AHarrisBritney00 is one of the CC creators that teases the most in a SUBTLE way, so I am very suspicious everytime I see something new on its tumblr.
Also, Felixandre... way before we knew of a pack about Japan and Asia he created and released a set for a Japanese home.

Please, take everything as it is: speculationd and craziness given by the fact that:
a: in my country there is a new, strict lockdown so I have nothing to do;
b: this is a speculation thread inside the speculation section.

EDIT AFTER POST:
I forgot to mention that when I refer to CC creators I only refers to those that are Game Changers.

"Normal" CC creators are not aware of what is coming on but GC are, because some of them are requested to test some features prior to us.
That's why I am more than sure that someting is boiling and that there are hints hidden in the most simple things.
Post edited by KokoaMilk on

Comments

• crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,342 Member
    I would love a Paris inspired world. There was speculation before that we might get a romance pack featuring Paris but who knows.
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,362 Member
    If we get a Romantic Getaway Gamepack this could happen.
  • SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,108 Member
    Ooo La La, yes please! <3B);)
  • ChatonChaton Posts: 144 Member
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but CC creators, Game Changers, etc... don't know what a pack is about before we all do. Some of them get early access, but this is AFTER the official pack announcement and trailer (they have early access between the official announcement and the official release).
    Of course, this doesn't apply to creators that collaborate with EA (for example those who created households or builts for Eco Lifestyle and Snowy Escape, or those who created content for the anniversary). But in that case, they are not allowed to tease or to speak about the future content before it is announced.
    So I think that CC creators are just surfing the wave of whatever speculation is going around. If they are hearing a lot of speculation about a Paris pack, they see that people seem interested in that idea, and they go ahead and create Paris CC. If the speculation ends up being correct, this is just a coincidence.
  • DaWaterRatDaWaterRat Posts: 3,351 Member
    Chaton wrote: »
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but CC creators, Game Changers, etc... don't know what a pack is about before we all do. Some of them get early access, but this is AFTER the official pack announcement and trailer (they have early access between the official announcement and the official release).
    Of course, this doesn't apply to creators that collaborate with EA (for example those who created households or builts for Eco Lifestyle and Snowy Escape, or those who created content for the anniversary). But in that case, they are not allowed to tease or to speak about the future content before it is announced.
    So I think that CC creators are just surfing the wave of whatever speculation is going around. If they are hearing a lot of speculation about a Paris pack, they see that people seem interested in that idea, and they go ahead and create Paris CC. If the speculation ends up being correct, this is just a coincidence.

There was a time I would agree with you, and I think certainly for CC creators who are not Game Changers this is true.

But then I remember Lilsimsie's out of nowhere "Space Bedroom" that she seemed surprisingly unenthused about (for her) just before the Batuu official announcement.

So if Romance stuff is not "on brand" I might get suspicious.

But as pointed out in one of the threads speculating we may be getting Generations, just because a Game Changer does a thing (be it romance or mansions) doesn't necessarily mean anything either.
  • ChatonChaton Posts: 144 Member
    DaWaterRat wrote: »

There was a time I would agree with you, and I think certainly for CC creators who are not Game Changers this is true.

But then I remember Lilsimsie's out of nowhere "Space Bedroom" that she seemed surprisingly unenthused about (for her) just before the Batuu official announcement.

Yes, but remember that Journey to Batuu's icon leaked several weeks (months ?) before the official announcement. Everyone knew that a space-themed pack was coming because of that icon. It was pretty obvious that it was Star Wars related, even though some of us (including me) were in disbelief. Lilsimsie just jumped on the speculation bandwagon. She was like "well, after that icon leak it's 99% sure we're getting a Star Wars pack, so I'll just go ahead and build space-related rooms".
  • KokoaMilkKokoaMilk Posts: 267 Member
    DaWaterRat wrote: »

So if Romance stuff is not "on brand" I might get suspicious.

But as pointed out in one of the threads speculating we may be getting Generations, just because a Game Changer does a thing (be it romance or mansions) doesn't necessarily mean anything either.

T H I S.

And, the thread speculating over CC on Generations was mine too :D
  • x4m1r4x4m1r4 Posts: 3,901 Member
    It's an interesting destination to inspire a pack for romance as it's always been associated with romance, love, pink, etc. And I play vanilla, so, having a new gameplay that focusing on the relationship is quite fun... but, I hope it's something new, innovative, & creative.

It can add in the old school elements, but as far as I can see, the Sims franchise always changes their "vibe" aligning with the current trend & generation. For example, renting a limo for a date is not something considered as a "new" thing nowadays or even exchanging love letters. So, I am looking forward to the new & more experimental gameplay rather than what we've known so far.

However, I'm open to any idea & I'm pretty sure the developers know what they are doing & have a great brainstorm on ideas.
    OID:- x4m1r4
  • manicobsessivemanicobsessive Posts: 1,103 Member
    A romance pack would be really cool, especially if they improved weddings. I've always wondered how sims can get married without a priest/vicar. Where is he/she? Lol.
  • MyriadSimsMyriadSims Posts: 1,197 Member
    the return of Champs Le Sims?! *Gasp*

but in all seriousness, I don't think this paris world thing will happen.
    edited March 2021
    If we get a Paris Pack there are 4 things I'd like to see added

The Eiffel Tower were our sim couples can get a picture made in front of it and we can hang it on the wall.

Gondela Boats so our sim couples can cuddle,share kisses and woohoo going into a tunnel of love. We got a taste of this from the Sims 3 Store but the camera made it hard to follow the gondela.

A Instrumental French Music Station Now that would set the mood for romance and make sims flirty. Prehaps they'd also get a special moodlet.

Photobooths would go good with this pack.
  • texxx78texxx78 Posts: 5,657 Member
    I would want a bakery with new kinds of bread and a bread hoven, maybe a new skill of bread making...
    I would love a Paris Royalties, Joan of Arc sim, War of the Roses Achievement Challenge, French Foods, The Three Muskateers, French Kissing, French sleepwears & French Landmarks. <3
    If a LOVE pack is coming (and I hope so), I would like it to be more European and less Parisienne, with a bit of european culture spread allover the map with some new gameplay (like Snowy Escape).
    That would be fine too. My fave worlds are Windenburg & Mt. K, so a Romantic European World with new Romantic Interactions would be appreciated. :)
  • crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,342 Member
    KokoaMilk wrote: »
    If a LOVE pack is coming (and I hope so), I would like it to be more European and less Parisienne, with a bit of european culture spread allover the map with some new gameplay (like Snowy Escape).

I think European is a very broad term to describe cities of Europe as they can be very different in terms of architecture but also lifestyle. Paris would certainly be nice, especially if they add things like fashion career or perfume, wine making and tasting, the Louvre as an museum and the Eiffel tower that you could visit at the top. I would also like to see worlds based on Wien, Amsterdam and Stockholm.
    SERVERFRA wrote: »
    I would love a Paris Royalties, Joan of Arc sim, War of the Roses Achievement Challenge, French Foods, The Three Muskateers, French Kissing, French sleepwears & French Landmarks. <3

Yes French kisses. We need more kiss types anyway. Are you talking about the friendly greeting or romantic kiss?
    The romantic kisses. Ooo, La La. :*<3
  • SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,934 Member
    xamira99 wrote: »
    It's an interesting destination to inspire a pack for romance as it's always been associated with romance, love, pink, etc. And I play vanilla, so, having a new gameplay that focusing on the relationship is quite fun... but, I hope it's something new, innovative, & creative.

It can add in the old school elements, but as far as I can see, the Sims franchise always changes their "vibe" aligning with the current trend & generation. For example, renting a limo for a date is not something considered as a "new" thing nowadays or even exchanging love letters. So, I am looking forward to the new & more experimental gameplay rather than what we've known so far.

However, I'm open to any idea & I'm pretty sure the developers know what they are doing & have a great brainstorm on ideas.

Yes I play a vanilla game too a France inspired romance expansion would be nice. I need another world too. Don’t forget the romantic bear rug, and picnic basket either, and of course partner dancing, slow and otherwise.
  • BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member

I beg to differ. Thesimscommunity Jovan was giving hints before the firefighters came like taking a pic with a fire extinguisher and he even admitted to it. And there has been other such cases. 🤷🏻‍♀️
    Though i don't believe cc creators would know.... I'm not ruling anything out 😃
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
  • Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    edited March 2021

I beg to differ. Thesimscommunity Jovan was giving hints before the firefighters came like taking a pic with a fire extinguisher and he even admitted to it. And there has been other such cases. 🤷🏻‍♀️
    Though i don't believe cc creators would know.... I'm not ruling anything out 😃

The bigger influencers have meetings and other crap to give input when a pack is being developed and they even play it early on to give feedback, play test and do content for their platforms. They know much better than us what is coming. But yeah that's not the same as CC creators.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
    First post edited.
  • LihtarukLihtaruk Posts: 271 Member
    I think players in general into 2 opposite styles, it's either something castle like or dream like or big cities styles - urban, modern... I don't mind Paris , as long as it's has at least one breath taking building to look at and at least 3 really nice places for my sim to visit. Personally me would prefer world that has more rustic or old feeling into it, maybe some kind of fairyland. I really appreciate fairy costumes that show up lately, but feel like it's not enough. Still remember how my daughter cried while smiling when created her first fairy (think it was sims3, if not confusing it with something else) . Hope more optimism and exploration will be put into that content :blush:
    I am reviving this just because we are one year after and Paris DID became a thing.
    Between the SDX drop with the french style table and chair and the "Modern parisienne style" I was having a clue about it.

SO THIS: if many Modders release CC that have similar theme they might know prior.

I hope this might be a hint to something more, like Paris themed world (or european style romantic venues) or hotels!
  • VeeDubVeeDub Posts: 1,862 Member
    KokoaMilk wrote: »
    I am reviving this just because we are one year after and Paris DID became a thing.
    Between the SDX drop with the french style table and chair and the "Modern parisienne style" I was having a clue about it.

SO THIS: if many Modders release CC that have similar theme they might know prior.

I hope this might be a hint to something more, like Paris themed world (or european style romantic venues) or hotels!

It's possible. But it's also possible that various themes picked up by a lot of modders are just a way to make collaborations a bit easier to coordinate, or to show off one's stuff or just personal enthusiasm for a particular theme in a "me too" kind of way. I've seen a few themes taken up by multiple modders that haven't (yet) taken flight high enough to make it onto very many radars (apocalyptic styled CC, for example). Doesn't mean we won't eventually get something from those themes, but just because themes exist in multiple places is no true indication that it means something is coming.

Sometimes we just want certain things so much that we see hints almost everywhere without realizing that we're actually looking for them. We don't as easily notice hints about things we care little about, so the perceived hints that we do notice are always going to have the appearance of bearing more weight, especially if they do eventually make it into the game in some form. :)
    FYI: Just because you can see my signature, don't assume that I can see yours.
    Because I can't; I keep all sigs turned off. ;)