Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

How would you feel if into the future and into the past came out for the sims 4 ?

2...Next

Comments

• texxx78texxx78 Posts: 5,657 Member
    Nikkih wrote: »
    texxx78 wrote: »
    I like to play challenges in the past with the help of historical cc. But i'm not sure i'ld like an historical world. It would feel like Batuu, that is not integrated with the rest of the game.
    Time travel, i don't know... if it's a trip to a destination world i would say no, but if it changes all the worlds for as long as my sim is there, then yeah...

That's a good idea that the things your sims do when travelling to past could affect the present like the future @texxx78

I assume it is how into the future worked in sims 3...? I never played it so no idea how it was handled...

Yes everything that your sims done in the present affected the future either in negative or positive ways @texxx78

That'ld be awesome! Althought i can't understand how this really plays in the game...
  • NikkihNikkih Posts: 1,758 Member
    edited March 2021
    I like to play challenges in the past with the help of historical cc. But i'm not sure i'ld like an historical world. It would feel like Batuu, that is not integrated with the rest of the game.
    Time travel, i don't know... if it's a trip to a destination world i would say no, but if it changes all the worlds for as long as my sim is there, then yeah...

That's a good idea that the things your sims do when travelling to past could affect the present like the future @texxx78

I assume it is how into the future worked in sims 3...? I never played it so no idea how it was handled...

Yes everything that your sims done in the present affected the future either in negative or positive ways @texxx78

That'ld be awesome! Althought i can't understand how this really plays in the game...

There's was 3 types of futures one was normal neither up or down, there was a dystopian future more like a waste land, disgusting but cool and a utopian future which was beautiful, it worked very well on the sims 3, in the dystopian future one of the fish had 3 eyes 🤣 an obvious nod to futurama and perhaps it swam in toxic waste, poor thing lol @texxx78
  • JustinJustin Posts: 731 Member
    I would rather have two separate packs but fleshed out. If I had to choose one though I would rather go back in the past since we already had the future for sims 3. I would prefer to go pre historic though. Like dinosaurs
  • NikkihNikkih Posts: 1,758 Member
    Justin wrote: »
    I would rather have two separate packs but fleshed out. If I had to choose one though I would rather go back in the past since we already had the future for sims 3. I would prefer to go pre historic though. Like dinosaurs

Now you have me thinking, this has to be a time travelling series @Justin
  • AuroraskiesAuroraskies Posts: 1,834 Member
    I would go medieval.
  • CelSimsCelSims Posts: 2,270 Member

If it was an expac and changed every world to reflect the era in both npc clothes and the world backdrops Id be all for it. With a toggle for those who dont want that of course. Thatd be truly expac worthy.
  • RouensimsRouensims Posts: 4,858 Member
    I would throw my money at EA for these packs.
    Ooh Be Gah!! Whipna Choba-Dog? Whipna Choba-Dog!! :smiley:
  • OnverserOnverser Posts: 3,364 Member
    I loved into the future so I'd be very happy to see something similar in 4. The past doesn't interest me that much but could be fun I guess depending on where its set
  • CatzillaCatzilla Posts: 1,181 Member
    I love the idea of packs dedicated to the past and the future but not tied to a time machine or time travel, I think it would be too much like another vacation world or hidden realm and I'd rather have a full-time world to play in.
  • VeeDubVeeDub Posts: 1,862 Member
    I'd much prefer a future scenario, but add me to the ones who don't really think it would be implemented well inside the existing game. I wouldn't mind a past, too, except that I think many of the sims I play, who are born of what I call pseudo-ethnicities (made up ones loosely based on real-life peoples), wouldn't fit in very well.
    FYI: Just because you can see my signature, don't assume that I can see yours.
    Because I can't; I keep all sigs turned off. ;)
  • SharoniaSharonia Posts: 4,853 Member
    This type of pack doesn’t interest me as I like playing in the games current timeline. I wouldn’t be opposed to packs like this being made though for those that do want them though.
  • SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,961 Member
    I would enjoy both at some point, but wanting into the past ( medieval times ) more. And I want an update with farm animals either before a medieval pack or along with it. For an into the future I would like robots ( AI ) that are closer to sim like.

At some point I would like another world where I can use Batuu styled buildings. I need more worlds without a lot of premade sims.
  • xXPandoraXxxXPandoraXx Posts: 28 Member
    I would love an into the past pack!
    Let children ride bikes! Let sims have actual one-sided relationships!
  • msullivan789msullivan789 Posts: 16 Member
    I do miss the Sims 3 servo designs and the portable computer orb things, those were cool. Agree that if executed well it could be fun.
  • SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,961 Member
    edited April 2021
    I would go medieval.
    I would go medieval too for the past.
  • ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    I would love it. I really enjoy Doctor Who.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • GoldmoldarGoldmoldar Posts: 11,966 Member
    Calico45 wrote: »
    Honestly? Low expectations. I don't really mind the concept. I liked Into the Future in 3, but I don't think 4 can do it nearly as successfully.

It can go one of two ways: the usual open residential world with all the random NPCs and townie clothing errors of them or a closed vacation world like Batuu that does not play well with other content packs and has a number of restrictions. Either option leaves much to be desired, according to how their predecessors played out.

How much I would enjoy it would completely depend on how well it was developed and the most basic integrations and systems put into place. If it is another supernatural killer, I'd be better off not purchasing because I could hardly use it. Also, to be clear, I am not expecting anything spin off Medieval quality and quantity with a pack. I am thinking very restrictively Into the Future style.

I agree and I am looking at all the other packs made and most of them are gimped in some shape or form. But EA/Maxis would have to go outside the box on it and not half heartily and as others are saying well execution of the pack will be needed.
    Omen by HP Intel®️ Core™️ i9- 12900K W/ RGB Liquid Cooler 32GB Nvidia RTX 3080 10Gb ASUS Ultra-Wide 34" Curved Monitor. Omen By HP Intel® Core™ i7-12800HX 32 GB Nvidia 3070 Ti 8 GB 17.3 Screen
  • EA_LeelooEA_Leeloo Posts: 2,019 EA Staff (retired)
    Hey there! FYI: I moved this thread to the Ideas Corner. :)
  • logionlogion Posts: 4,717 Member
    edited April 2021
    I think it's a really cool idea, but I worry how much it could crash the game or cause bugs, having the game handle relationships for sims that are supposed to be in different years sounds like trouble.