Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Crush Mafia | Town Win

Comments

• Options
    Pandorrax4Pandorrax4 Posts: 725 Member
    I have to leave for work and I won't be back before flip so for now - based on what I have and my EMMMs so I'm going to vote Nush.

Something about those paranormal posts and not checking in so much is throwing me off.

VOTE: NUSH
  • Options
    Pandorrax4Pandorrax4 Posts: 725 Member
    Also we all need to remember there is an eliminator out who can win if their target gets out and it will be game over - so be careful when voting with others!
  • Options
    xSongxxSongx Posts: 1,562 Member
    Pandorrax4 wrote: »
    xSongx wrote: »
    DeKay wrote: »
    I'm intrigued by the fact that I've landed on two of the three EMMM lists already...

Why is that intriguing?

It's just interesting because I don't tend to end up on the lists very often, but I do tend to be town when I do.
    I'm intrigued by the fact that I've landed on two of the three EMMM lists already...

I've landed on everyone's EMMM too... *shakes head*

Hmm, does that indicate something?

I don't know. Does it?

I suppose we'll just have to see if it does.

Okay, what are you trying to imply here...??

tenor.gif?itemid=12636162

Just that the likelihood of you being mafia is higher because you've landed on more EMMM lists. Although, on the same token, I suppose it means that I might be considered suspicious because I've landed on two EMMM lists as well.

For now tho, I think you, DeKay, are acting fairly normally. Plus it's day one so I'd really hate to be pointing fingers at the scumslayer.

I don't understand this logic? It might be perfectly accurate, but can someone explain? However, how can she go from "i tend to be town when I'm on EMMMs" to "DeKay is more likely to be mafia because she's on EMMMs"?

The second bolded quote also kinda iffy. Feels like something I'd say as mafia; but I could also say it as town. Lol.

In all fairness she did point out her mistake there by stating she also landed on two EMMMs as well.

But what part of that last part is iffy? Does mafia Bella normally try to townread Dekay or someone?

Like saying a sus of someone but then saying you’re not sus of them. Like kinda backtracking so that nobody calls you out or asks you to explain what you mean, so nobody tries to sus you. And here I go, I’m gonna do it too: it’s something I think people do as town or mafia.
    they/he
  • Options
    MousellineMouselline Posts: 4,845 Member
    Right now I don't have any real reads on anyone just yet. There hasn't been too much going on fully. I was surprised not to see Tuti on here already though.

Song, Bella and Nush - do you have any thoughts or EMMMs related to what has been said so far?

Dekay - What do you think of Bella so far?

Mouse - What are your thoughts on Dekay, Bella and Tuti being on most of the EMMM lists so far?

I don’t think anything of it. I just post EMMMs out of habit. I don’t think they actually can predict who it is just off staring at the player list
  • Options
    I think Pandora and Bella have both mentioned thr accuracy of EMMMs. Maybe one of them is the Eliminator. In that case someone who was named in the EMMMs might be their target
  • Options
    @Keyenpeydee do eliminators with if they are dead and their target gets eliminated? Or do they have to be alive to win?
  • Options
    NushnushganayNushnushganay Posts: 9,418 Member
    Mouselline wrote: »
    Right now I don't have any real reads on anyone just yet. There hasn't been too much going on fully. I was surprised not to see Tuti on here already though.

Song, Bella and Nush - do you have any thoughts or EMMMs related to what has been said so far?

Dekay - What do you think of Bella so far?

Mouse - What are your thoughts on Dekay, Bella and Tuti being on most of the EMMM lists so far?

I don’t think anything of it. I just post EMMMs out of habit. I don’t think they actually can predict who it is just off staring at the player list

agreed. Oh, and hi everyone. I'm here. reading up now.
    Racism is EVERYONE's fight #BLM #StopAsianHate
    Let's make Liberty and Justice For All a reality.

xicwqMCm.jpg
  • Options
    Awww always so sad when prom gets cancelled!

Hopefully we can play that set up another time!

I can't say much on prom because I never went :sweat_smile:

I went and found the entire thing to be yet another exhausting ritual that others glamorize but it seems no one truly enjoys. I think everyone was very self-conscious while feeling pressured to be appearing to have the time of their lives in uncomfortable clothes they felt self-conscious in, trying to look sophisticated and graceful when almost no one really knew how to dance (gyrating wildly in place next to each other isn't quite what formalwear and all that pretend elegance is about) and I heard the bathrooms were full of crying girls and drama, while guys were trying really hard not to make fools of themselves, and a lot of *assaults* happen on that night typically, or if not outright assaults, then heightened expectations of certain outcomes. But proms in my generation also really didn't make room for anything but the gender binary and heteronormative expectations, so inevitably, they had to be very uncomfortable for a large, quiet minority of students for whom all that was intensely magnified and their uncomfortable act of conforming, put on display.

Anyway, Bella, despite what people will insist, you didn't miss anything. At least, I wish I had missed mine. It was so boring, uncomfortable, I was tense, and it seemed like everyone else was, too, but we were all stuck having to pretend to be having a good time lest we look like losers.

But a bloody murder mystery prom sounded like fun fiction.

xicwqMCm.jpg
  • Options

Why is that intriguing?

It's just interesting because I don't tend to end up on the lists very often, but I do tend to be town when I do.

I don't know. Does it?

Just that the likelihood of you being mafia is higher because you've landed on more EMMM lists. Although, on the same token, I suppose it means that I might be considered suspicious because I've landed on two EMMM lists as well.

For now tho, I think you, DeKay, are acting fairly normally. Plus it's day one so I'd really hate to be pointing fingers at the scumslayer.

how does landing on more random lists make a person more likely to be mafia? Do you actually believe that?

xicwqMCm.jpg
  • Options

Why is that intriguing?

I don't know. Does it?

I don't understand this logic? It might be perfectly accurate, but can someone explain? However, how can she go from "i tend to be town when I'm on EMMMs" to "DeKay is more likely to be mafia because she's on EMMMs"?

The second bolded quote also kinda iffy. Feels like something I'd say as mafia; but I could also say it as town. Lol.

I have to agree with you on this, Song. Bella acting like EMMMs hold any weight, then half-heartedly backpedaling on it so as to appear more reasonable seems sus to me too, simply because I don't buy that Bella actually puts such stock in EMMMs. But would she feign doing so, so as to perhaps have more justification in voting someone?

It does twig my brain as being a bit revealing somehow.

xicwqMCm.jpg
  • Options
    I have to leave for work and I won't be back before flip so for now - based on what I have and my EMMMs so I'm going to vote Nush.

Something about those paranormal posts and not checking in so much is throwing me off.

paranormal my behind. It's not doing it today. Last night, on this site only, I was getting bizarre characters when I typed certain letters, but not every time! It was really weird and I thought something was wrong with my keyboard. But it only happened here. Very vexing. But it seems to be resolved, whatever it was, so that's a relief.

Not checking in was me messaging a therapist I finally paid out of pocket for online sessions with, if you want the nitty gritty. 4 months waitlisted for a local therapist (again, for distance only, not in person) then to be told "you better look elsewhere, we're reducing hours" and then everyone recommends all the others because each of them is full. So in the end, I got on yet another waitlist. But in the meantime, I'm paying high and mighty insurance so as to have better options, and not able to use it, just paying and paying. So I finally paid for 4 weeks' out-of-pocket for an online counseling service and last night, the therapist messaged me. Then I went to sleep way too late and here I am. That's why I wasn't here much. But in all fairness, if nothing was going on, I might or might not have been feeling like being here a lot, except to say "hi...welp, nothing going on here" it all just depends on where I'm at, whether any conversation is happening, etc.

I realize I tend to run hot and cold with mafia: either you can't get rid of me, or I'm not there as much, just depends on life, and the particulars of the game, whether anything's really going on, vs. what all is going on irl.

xicwqMCm.jpg
  • Options

Why is that intriguing?

I don't know. Does it?

EMMMs are just completely random though aren't they? I want to read through some past gestures and see what the liklihood of a person being an EMMM and coming out scum would be like.

you'll undoubtedly find patterns that don't appear random, if you do look, simply because in order for that not to be the case, you'd need a staggeringly huge sample size and even then, an even, ideal distribution (which people expect) wouldn't happen. There would still be clusters and enticing temptation to see patterns because that is how our brains work.

xicwqMCm.jpg
  • Options
    so...where is Tuti, anyway? It will be good to hear from her soon, I hope.

xicwqMCm.jpg
  • Options
    so...where is Tuti, anyway? It will be good to hear from her soon, I hope.

She was probably at school most of the day. Idk where she is now tho
  • Options
    KeyenpeydeeKeyenpeydee Posts: 9,280 Member
    It is now Day One! Day One will end in approximately 24 hours from now at 4:30 PM EST. Plurality elimination is in effect. With 7 alive, it takes 4 to eliminate.

Keyen, you wrote here it's using plurality elim which means the person with the longest/most votes will be elimed. But then you wrote it needs 4 to eliminate (which is the majority elimination type). So can you clarify? Or is the second sentence just referring to a normal hammer?

Oh, I didn't realize. What I meant is the hammer is 4.
    Queen of Rap, Nicki Minaj // minajsalad
    tumblr_nijden3ooM1qb9pa3o1_500.gifv

• Options
    edited March 2021
    Vote Count

[1] Song - DeKay
    [1] Nush - Pandorra

With 7 alive, the hammer is 4.

• Options
    edited March 2021
    Mouselline wrote: »
    @Keyenpeydee do eliminators with if they are dead and their target gets eliminated? Or do they have to be alive to win?

The eliminator has to be alive in order to win.

• Options
    edited March 2021
    Seeing that people are inactive, day has been extended for 2 hours. Day will end at 7 PM EST. In case of a tie, I will randomize.

• Options
    VOTE BELLA

she’s my only sus atm.
    they/he
  • Options
    DeKayDeKay Posts: 81,602 Member
    As much as I wanna vote Bella cuz yeah I do agree her saying that is a bit scummy, but what if she's the target of the eliminator...? 🙈
    My Top Song of the Day: Innocence by Avril Lavigne
    x3vZicL.gif
  • Options
    And Pandora is being very like "researchy" with her saying "I might check out past games to see this or that..." It's kinda weird.
    x3vZicL.gif
  • Options
    Vote: Bella.
    x3vZicL.gif
  • Options
    As much as I wanna vote Bella cuz yeah I do agree her saying that is a bit scummy, but what if she's the target of the eliminator...? 🙈

I feel like her being scummy is solely because of things she’s done, not others. Of course, I could be the eliminator, but I’m not.
    they/he
  • Options

I'm voting Bella cuz I think this might be like Pandora is the eliminator and Nush is her target... But then again, she also mentioned about the eliminator thing, so I'm not sure what that's supposed to imply.
    x3vZicL.gif
  • Options

I feel like her being scummy is solely because of things she’s done, not others. Of course, I could be the eliminator, but I’m not.

Yeah, I mean, the things she said were kinda contradicting and weird. Let's just hope she's not the target if she is town here... 😂
    x3vZicL.gif