Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Knitting is Borked.

Pre-Patch: You get charged for a knitting project and the Sim did it. After patch you still get charged but the project goes into incomplete area. Both Sims have 6 or more incomplete knitting projects. Hopefully a fix is coming before 2022.

Comments

• Options
    SharoniaSharonia Posts: 4,853 Member
    Can't you just have the resume the project?
  • Options
    Bluebeard45Bluebeard45 Posts: 3,889 Member
    Sharonia wrote: »
    Can't you just have the resume the project?

Yes but it wasn't suppose to work like that unless a Sim got interrupted. They want to but unable it wasn't always this way. It's Borked.
  • Options
    Kita5399Kita5399 Posts: 2,112 Member
    I’m not really having the problem you are describing. My Sim finishes her projects just fine, and can resume the project if she stopped part way. The only thing I’ve noticed, is I’m not getting the option to resume a project when selecting the natural looking wood chairs from outdoor retreat. If you aren’t getting the “resume kitting” option, maybe just try selecting a different seat.
  • Options
    Before the patch it got so crazy with the knitting I had to build a second bathroom because they loved knitting on the toilet. Even in the middle of winter they would knit at the edge of the pool. I just find it odd how they stopped.
  • Options
    To7mTo7m Posts: 5,467 Member
    Before the patch it got so crazy with the knitting I had to build a second bathroom because they loved knitting on the toilet. Even in the middle of winter they would knit at the edge of the pool. I just find it odd how they stopped.

It was patched because of that reason, it was out of control. Now they don’t do it all the time. It was in the patch notes.

—T
  • Options
    I thought it was quite funny when I found my sim knitting on the toilet. :D
    619jk3J.png
  • Options
    calaprfycalaprfy Posts: 3,927 Member
    What I dislike about the Nifty Knitting pack is that the Forbidden Sweater must be knitted for it to have its effect rather than bought from Plopsy.
  • Options
    CheekyimpCheekyimp Posts: 124 Member
    calaprfy wrote: »
    What I dislike about the Nifty Knitting pack is that the Forbidden Sweater must be knitted for it to have its effect rather than bought from Plopsy.

Yeah but thats how it works in real life :wink:
    (its the knitting myth that if you personally make some thing for your SO, it could potentially trigger them breaking up with you, because you committed so much of your time to it and they get spooked by it, so if you bought the jumper, it wouldn't have the same effect, its just a gift)

• Options
    bshag4lvbshag4lv Posts: 9,378 Member
    Nope, no problems here either. I find it refreshing sometimes when they want to knit autonomously, my sims usually throw the, No. More. Knitting. tantrum. :D I think there's a task in the knitting aspiration where you have to have several knitting projects going at the same time. It looked messy when she started knitting in the Onsen Bathhouse Hot Springs. :D
    In my house, dog hair sticks to everything but the dog.
  • Options
    So I started another family and no knitting again. Thinking it was a corrupt game I just started a fresh game that has been repaired.
  • Options
    edited March 2021
    Okay it does seem like knitting may be borked now that I look...
    xJdHriK.png
    I was wondering why my sim never chose to knit autonomous and when I went to tell her to do knitting I discovered all these unfinished projects lined up. I use the knitting a lot and this wasn't happening before the last patch.

It's not just knitting. My sims are starting all kinds of activities and becoming distracted two seconds later. I had to remove the yoga mat because my sims kept going over to it, changing into their fitness wear and then just walking off without doing the yoga.

The autonomy is a complete mess in this game at the moment. I hope these issues can be fixed.
  • Options
    invisiblgirlinvisiblgirl Posts: 1,709 Member
    It's working fine in my game. I had my Sim start three projects in a row and drop them to complete the 'start three projects while inspired' goal, and he was able to complete all of them when he went back to them.
    I just want things to match. :'(
  • Options
    SimsLady2000SimsLady2000 Posts: 1,236 Member
    I haven't had this problem. I play with a lot of mods though so if it was happening I wouldn't be all that surprised :D
    The Sims is NOT a game, it's a lifestyle choice.

My Plumbob is GREEN today :D
  • Options
    Update: I did a reinstall and several repairs but yet no knitting. Running a straight vanilla game. Just odd how it stop after the patch.