Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Would You Like More Occults??

Comments

• Options
    HillyBethHillyBeth Posts: 3,505 Member
    No
    Amj1995 wrote: »
    Would you like more Occults/Lifestates in the game? I think for how long the game has been out, we should definitely have more than the few we have.

And what kind of Occults/Lifestates would you like to see?

TBH I never- or rarely- played with werewolves and fairies in Sims 3. I rarely play with witches and vampires in Sims 4 anymore, and I'm not a fan of aliens at all.
    Origin ID
    HillyPlays
    P.A.C.E- Positive Attitude Changes Everything
  • Options
    silentcyborgsilentcyborg Posts: 210 Member
    Yes
    Mixed. I love playing with supernatural families, so I want to see some good, solid, family gameplay first, and also, some fantasy items for kids/toddlers too. I'm tired of packs like rom not coming with either cas or bb child-specific objects. That said, I do love fairies, and if they were done well (better than spellcasters) I wouldn't be too sad if they came before a family pack.
  • Options
    hvdiodehvdiode Posts: 13 New Member
    Yes
    Would love more occults as soon as the old ones get fixed :(
  • Options
    HeyHeyyHeyHeyy Posts: 465 Member
    I'm not opposed to more occults although I mostly just play vampires.
    GALLERY: jdm14_xx
    LIKE my page on FACEBOOK. @jm.violetsims14

<3
  • Options
    BanjoraBanjora Posts: 19 Member
    Yes
    I'd love for them to add werewolves, but I think I want a complete overhaul of mermaids and plant sims more. An "Occult Hunter" career would be nice too.
  • Options
    Amj1995Amj1995 Posts: 4,068 Member
    Yes
    Banjora wrote: »
    I'd love for them to add werewolves, but I think I want a complete overhaul of mermaids and plant sims more. An "Occult Hunter" career would be nice too.

@Banjora - That would actually be a cool career 😳
  • Options
    IObelleIObelle Posts: 136 Member
    Yes
    I mostly want a real plantsim occult!
    Then werewolves. But also bigfoot, since I really like him in the sims 2!
    I'm a little worried that if fairies are added, that they'd think they're like a replacement for an actual plantsim occult...
    But if they'll get added I don't want them to be like in the sims 3, and I prefer if their wings aren't visible in regular sim size. Insted they'll appear when they turn into tiny fairies.
    There Are No Plantsims In The Sims 4
  • Options
    silvercandy79silvercandy79 Posts: 494 Member
    Yes
    Definitely. I would like to see fairies and imaginary friends back in the game. However I would like an option to toggle specific occults off, as needed. I imagine there would be some occults that some people want that others would want to avoid.
  • Options
    GoldmoldarGoldmoldar Posts: 11,966 Member
    edited March 2021
    I do not mind occults as long they do not out balance everything else and there is an way to control the amount by enabling or disabling.
    Post edited by Goldmoldar on
    Omen by HP Intel®️ Core™️ i9- 12900K W/ RGB Liquid Cooler 32GB Nvidia RTX 3080 10Gb ASUS Ultra-Wide 34" Curved Monitor. Omen By HP Intel® Core™ i7-12800HX 32 GB Nvidia 3070 Ti 8 GB 17.3 Screen
  • Options
    phantasmkissphantasmkiss Posts: 1,520 Member
    Yes
    I loooove occults. Where are my fairies? My unicorns? My PlantSims, not just Sims that play PlantSim with a single hairstyle for three days, then go back to being Sims?
    4TJdLHA.png
    Tumblr | Sims 4 Gallery | Sims 3 Page
    Baby Darling: My 100 Baby Challenge | Generation 1 | Donors 10 | Adult Children 8 | First Post | Most Recent
    Give Me a Story, I'll Give You a Build | The Bunker Challenge | CowplantSports
  • Options
    halloweenchildhalloweenchild Posts: 1,534 Member
    Yes
    IObelle wrote: »
    I mostly want a real plantsim occult!
    Then werewolves. But also bigfoot, since I really like him in the sims 2!
    I'm a little worried that if fairies are added, that they'd think they're like a replacement for an actual plantsim occult...
    But if they'll get added I don't want them to be like in the sims 3, and I prefer if their wings aren't visible in regular sim size. Insted they'll appear when they turn into tiny fairies.

I do like the idea of wingless fairies, though how to distinguish them from Spellcasters would be the issue, maybe different idle animations? Like how vampires have the annoying "rawrh!" idle animation?
    Give our Vampires back their fangs!!! Reverse the Nerf!!! Occult simmers should not be shoved aside for the "realism players"! It's time Occult lovers/players started to demand equal treatment. #JusticeForOccults
  • Options
    khnum21khnum21 Posts: 28 Member
    I want werewolves so I can create my "Being Human" household of occults! :wink: Plus I have so many Ideas how to make them better than the ones from Sim 3. First of all I want them have different forms of transformations ranging from just very hairy humans like teen wolf, to large actual four legged wolves, to huge scary two legged monsters like in Underworld. It would be the first supernatural that has three extra customizable forms and it would be great if they were all effected by the phases of the moon. Next I think they should have abilities like being able to dig up special collectables that only they can sniff out, to be able to detect other types of occults by scent, and skill tree of many other advantages and weaknesses like the Vampires. They should have special interactions, especially with other werewolves in sort of a wolf pack like mentality where one can become the alpha. Also they could have traits and asperations for both reluctant werewolves that try to control their transformations and chain themselves up during the full moon; or those that embrace their inner beast letting it run wild and dangerous around the neighborhood. If they made these and also improved on ghosts so they had more to do (like possessing other sims and sleeping in their graves/urn), I would be completely satisfied! :smile:
  • Options
    Amj1995Amj1995 Posts: 4,068 Member
    Yes
    khnum21 wrote: »
    I want werewolves so I can create my "Being Human" household of occults! :wink: Plus I have so many Ideas how to make them better than the ones from Sim 3. First of all I want them have different forms of transformations ranging from just very hairy humans like teen wolf, to large actual four legged wolves, to huge scary two legged monsters like in Underworld. It would be the first supernatural that has three extra customizable forms and it would be great if they were all effected by the phases of the moon. Next I think they should have abilities like being able to dig up special collectables that only they can sniff out, to be able to detect other types of occults by scent, and skill tree of many other advantages and weaknesses like the Vampires. They should have special interactions, especially with other werewolves in sort of a wolf pack like mentality where one can become the alpha. Also they could have traits and asperations for both reluctant werewolves that try to control their transformations and chain themselves up during the full moon; or those that embrace their inner beast letting it run wild and dangerous around the neighborhood. If they made these and also improved on ghosts so they had more to do (like possessing other sims and sleeping in their graves/urn), I would be completely satisfied! :smile:

@khnum21 - I would buy this no doubt! I love both of those forms and the yes I hope they come with a skill tree unlike mermaids and aliens!
  • Options
    Fuchsia_RainbowFuchsia_Rainbow Posts: 14 New Member
    Yes
    Yes, but with the caveat that only if they were done well, like the Vampires. I certainly don't want to see more occults that are all aesthetics and no gameplay, like the mermaids. I wish they'd team up with modders that work on occults, because they've done some great work.
  • Options
    drakharisdrakharis Posts: 1,478 Member
    Yes
    I only play occult sims. More options done right would be fantastic. Yes, I would like better gameplay, bugs fixed, issues in the game that for some make it unplayable for some simmers out there fixed and little things like favourites like favourite colour, favourite kind of music, favourite food, favourite clothing styles, an attraction system, proms, school dances, bachelor/ette parties, bridal and baby showers. Even for those wanting Barmitzvas Baptisms for babies and First Communion (even though it's religious-based) wouldn't bother me even though I am neither Jewish nor Christian. I wouldn't throw a fit if it was added to the game because there are players who want religion in the game. Wedding planning like the ability for our brides to go bridal shopping and the couple shopping for rings, engagement and wedding rings, promise rings for our teens and more that isn't occult-related in the game too.

The sims team needs to be given the time to do added occults right. I love spellcasters but I will be the first to tell you how they need to be improved.
    Playtesting - not just tabletop games and card games any more. Really that should have been playtested in Beta and not [img]just with accounting and marketing but actual players. https://i.imgur.com/t48COW6.jpg[/img]
  • Options
    Vitmans39Vitmans39 Posts: 3 New Member
    Yes
    > @Fuchsia_Rainbow said:
    > Yes, but with the caveat that only if they were done well, like the Vampires. I certainly don't want to see more occults that are all aesthetics and no gameplay, like the mermaids. I wish they'd team up with modders that work on occults, because they've done some great work.

I think the only way an occult would get that level of gameplay would be if they came in their own game pack. I personally miss getting a new occult with each expansion. While I agree popular occults, like Werewolves, should definatly get their own pack, I wound't mind more minor occutls, such as Plantsims, in expansions as long as they are on par with what came in the Sims 3.
  • Options
    AnterosAnteros Posts: 2 New Member
    I would love if there was a pack just about Mermaids. In the Sims 4 they're cute and all, but they don't have much relevance and just come as an additional perk with Island Living. For example, Vampires have Lore, lot mods and a whole world just for them and allow much more creativity. It would be cool if you had an underwater world just for Mermaids with building mods, merfolk lore and more interactions with marine life. I always mix my household with Mermaids and the only moment you get to play in Mermaid form is obviously when you're in the ocean, but it's a bit limited also because whenever they have a need they go out of the water. Please make it happen if not for The Sims 4 in The Sims 5!
  • Options
    WaytoomanyUIDsWaytoomanyUIDs Posts: 845 Member
    Yes
    Yeas, but only if they are as well done as vampires and if they dont nerf them after launch.
    Origin/Gallery ID: WaytoomanyUIDs
  • Options
    temporalgodtemporalgod Posts: 800 Member
    Yes
    It's a no brainer of course I would want more, bring back every occult from sims 3 and then add more newer ones like Demons, Centaurs, Satyrs, Liches, Gorgons, Kitsunes and Elves.
  • Options
    TwinkiesLATwinkiesLA Posts: 181 Member
    Yes
    I miss a lot of the Supernatural Sims from the Sims 3. I hope they come up with the Sims 4 Supernatural because that is one of my favorite TS3 packs.
    source.gif

Gallery ID: Shockmsd
    Forum Name: TwinkiesLA
  • Options
    LazzialLazzial Posts: 159 Member
    edited April 2021
    No
    More occults? Why, so they can nerf those too after selling them. No thanks. Unless they fix the ones we have now I won't buy an occult pack again.
    Post edited by Lazzial on
  • Options
    LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,448 Member
    Yes
    Wow, the poll results are 75% in favor! I'm so proud of the Sims Community. *Sniffle*

Occult players have come a long way, fighting the good fight. <3
    #Team Occult
  • Options
    temporalgodtemporalgod Posts: 800 Member
    Yes
    LittleFox2 wrote: »

Hoping for a world for Elves with some serious skills like Legolas.

Elves.jpg
    Elves-2.jpg

There definitely need to be an elf themed sims pack, you have High Elves, Wood Elves, Drow, Wild Elves, Aquatic Elves, Avariel, Eladrin, Shadar Kai, Lythari and Half Elves.
  • Options
    DaraviDaravi Posts: 1,144 Member
    No
    I voted with no because I'm fine with my spellcasters and I don't care about other occults in the sims-series. Imagine the dignified thousand years old elf reacts with the childish woohoo animation. Uhm no thanks. And more occults means more intrusive gameplay, with demand of no nerfs I can only say: Sorry no thanks, then we have enough occults ingame. Obvisiously I'm the only one who get break ins and alien captures all the time. One of my Sims was captures twice in one night, one of other my sim was captured and bitten in one night, before I could do anything to avoid those happenings with the ingame mechanic. Even the door mechanic doesn't work to keep the vampires out. And the last break-in happened just a few days ago.

Sorry to say, just watching and can't do anything while my sims is gone or passed out isn't a fun game to me, then I could just watch the boring tv. Another reason why I say no, is that the devs always combine the antique-looking furnitures with occults and never offers those without occults, because they know they would sell less. But I want these things seperate from each other, a werwolve could also come with a future-looking style, it shouldn't be only the old antique stuff.

That's my opinion, I respect that other have a different opinion, so please, respect mine. It doesn't mean that I'm against occults in general. I like to play my spellcasters in one save and my normal sim in another save, I just want both gamestyles separate from each other. It's just my opinion for the moment, it could change anytime, it depends how the new occults will be introduced and how their gameplay is.
  • Options
    ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    Yes
    LittleFox2 wrote: »
    I picked Elves because, personally, I want something different from past iterations. Some folks may not like JTB, but I like it and I'm happy they ventured out to add something new and different.
    I like it too. Honestly was very disappointed in PlantSims this time around having them be temp states. I would love elves to expand upon what I wanted PlantSims to be like. I actually like when fairies look more elven too. I didn't mind JTB either since I view it like taking my Sims to Disneyland.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller