Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Seasons Calendar might be coming to the base game

catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
It seems to have been leaked in the livestream. I mentioned this in my April Patch Speculation but some people might have missed it there so I'm posting a thread on it here.

Iron Seagull
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SbwxTQrpFYM

Comments

• catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    rudy8292 wrote: »
    Lol. What's the point of buying packs if they patch in all the selling points of EP's in for free anyway?

I just can't anymore with their plum practices.

I'm not expecting holidays to come with the calender to the base game. That will be Seasons exclusive.
  • AnmirlaAnmirla Posts: 3,836 Member
    edited March 2021
    Well, if they are going to add the calendar to the base game, I REALLY hope it's going to include a new feature that isn't in Seasons and doesn't require Seasons. Otherwise, it would be giving away another feature that we had to pay for and people will have the right to be livid. Make it worth putting in base game.
    baby%20bat_zpsgzvzhrnc.gif
  • ChadSims2ChadSims2 Posts: 5,090 Member
    Hopefully its actually something new to the calendar and not giving out something we already paid for holidays are for seasons if they want to add more patch it into that expansion.
    Sims 4 went from "You Rule" to "One of the stories we want you to tell"
  • texxx78texxx78 Posts: 5,657 Member
    I think that if they're adding the calendar to the base game it means that it will be needed in the next pack. I have no idea how but i'm really curious...
    About it being part of seasons and probably being given now in a patch, i'm not upset. I bought seasons for the weather itself.
  • simmietimesimmietime Posts: 103 Member
    Yeah Im not happy about this. They keep giving paid features away for free...
  • thatpinkcoconutthatpinkcoconut Posts: 187 Member
    edited March 2021
    83bienchen wrote: »
    Adding the base functionality of the calendar to the base game will allow them to add on it with each pack. Maybe we'll be able to see when the festivals occur in the future. I'm all in for that.
    I highly doubt that it means everyone will get holidays or weather for free just because you can see those in the calendar.

Yes. With the latest updates, I strongly think they're finally improving cross-pack features and such.
  • LeGardePourpreLeGardePourpre Posts: 15,232 Member
    edited March 2021
    Like the Photography skill and SP15 Moschino Stuff, the basegame version could be extended by GP10.

The snowy weather is also available in EP10 Snowy Escape, but I don't think they will put the weather in a free patch.

We had apartments in EP09 Eco Lifestyle, so it won't be the first time that a feature isn't exclusive to one pack.
    Post edited by LeGardePourpre on
  • TTNsimmerTTNsimmer Posts: 669 Member
    They might add the calendar because the next pack (generations) will probably feature family get togethers and family traditions like gathering to eat on sundays etc.
  • logionlogion Posts: 4,719 Member
    edited March 2021
    They better add more pack functionality if they are going to do that, let me see festivals in San Myshuno, Sulani, Mt. Komorebi, parties in Windenburg, bar nights, karaoke nights, maybe even scheduled club gatherings or planned parties from other households.

Otherwise it feels like they are just taking features from existing packs that they sold to us because there is only so much that they can do with the base game.
  • SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,959 Member
    edited March 2021
    i dont really mind
    hopefully if they do make it base game it shall also be updated so events and festivals and such from other packs show up on it
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • drake_mccartydrake_mccarty Posts: 6,115 Member
    Really don’t see the point in adding calendars to the base game when players have been asking for cross-pack content for years. Let them add content that can use the calendar, but leave the calendar as a seasons exclusive and have it be an extra layer to the new stuff not just built on top of a feature in the seasons expansion pack. That’s dlc for dlc and it does little to expand the game.
  • SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,971 Member
    edited March 2021
    83bienchen wrote: »
    Adding the base functionality of the calendar to the base game will allow them to add on it with each pack. Maybe we'll be able to see when the festivals occur in the future. I'm all in for that.
    I highly doubt that it means everyone will get holidays or weather for free just because you can see those in the calendar.
    This is what I was hoping too, that they add the festivals from all packs so that we can see when festivals are happening before hand so we can plan for them. I hope that we will be able to check the weather for all towns before going there too, it would make vacations more pleasant
  • RouensimsRouensims Posts: 4,858 Member
    Maybe they need it for a farmer’s almanac.
    Ooh Be Gah!! Whipna Choba-Dog? Whipna Choba-Dog!! :smiley:
  • SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,971 Member
    I posted this in another thread, but I'll post it here as well:

People are actually upset that the calendar might get added to the basegame? Really? I don't mind them giving away a few things for free. The calendar will make a nice little addition to the basgame for the folks that can't get the EP's. This is coming from someone that has Every pack in the game (except Star Wars). It's really nothing to get upset over. Happy Simming!
    I agree, I have all the packs and kits so far including star wars and giving away the calendar doesn’t bother me either. I hope we can use it to see the weather in every pack we have before taking a trip there. I also want to see all festivals included on it.
  • CAPTAIN_NXR7CAPTAIN_NXR7 Posts: 4,464 Member
    edited March 2021
    Great! Offering an option to manage time is in my opinion something that should be part of basegame anyway, since sims have birthdays and jobs and engage in other social events without the need for separate DLC. It makes sense to add a calendar. It’s part of a sims life.

Of course same can be said about weather, although that’s a complex system that not everybody wants to run on their machine, plus... EA makes good $$$ out of that one!
    Seasons still offers a completely different experience without the calendar (or to snowy escape ) so I don’t mind a bit. 👍🏼
  • filipomelfilipomel Posts: 1,693 Member
    logion wrote: »
    They better add more pack functionality if they are going to do that, let me see festivals in San Myshuno, Sulani, Mt. Komorebi, parties in Windenburg, bar nights, karaoke nights, maybe even scheduled club gatherings or planned parties from other households.

Otherwise it feels like they are just taking features from existing packs that they sold to us because there is only so much that they can do with the base game.

This!!!!!
  • CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    Lol, that would suit me if I was still playing, since I didn't like this version of Seasons. Maybe it is a precursor to Generations or something that will need a calendar. Such as proms, graduations, whatever. I don't know but I would think if the base game gets it then it has nothing to do with weather but other events that don't necessarily have anything to do with a season of time. Or maybe it does. lol
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • DoloresGreyDoloresGrey Posts: 3,490 Member
    I have the Seasons EP and I am perfectly fine with calendars being a base game feature.
    -probably just playing Phasmophobia :p
  • crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,382 Member
    Hope they will make it household specific so they don't get bad moodlets from not celebrating some holidays.
  • Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    Ok so if they allow us to finally schedule vacations, honey moons, dates and if they make it so that NPC's can invite you to parties more often on their houses in advance and if tracks it in the calendar sure. Creating holidays better stay exclusive to Seasons though.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,382 Member
    Maybe it's a farming calendar, it tells you when to plant and harvest vegetables and fruits.