Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Country Living is actually country kitchen?

I remember last year there was a leak about a potential "country living" pack (with speculation about farm animals/better gardening and farming) do you think they scrapped that idea and salvaged the kitchen components to make the country kitchen kit? Do you think the pack is still coming? Do you think the speculation was simply that and there was never any "Country Living" pack to begin with?

Comments

• GordyGordy Posts: 3,015 Member
    The leak was a fake thing, editing old screenshots of other leaks to look legit. Considering how long it takes to make an EP, I don't see them having it even close to ready around the time of another EP's release, and I don't see them nixing a popular idea like farming, especially after 2020 was already a bad year for simmers.

The Country Kitchen stuff was probably made to cater to farming fans, or because the stuff would be fairly easy to make. Best case scenario, they're making a farming pack and pulled a minor MFPS in reverse, hoping people won't catch onto them selling DLC for DLC made this pack to compliment a future pack and encourage players to buy both, while also leaving a little extra budget to give the EP some wiggle room.
    TS1_dragons_hatching.jpg
    The Sims 4 hasn't introduced a new musical instrument since 2017
  • texxx78texxx78 Posts: 5,657 Member
    I think there was never a country living pack to begin with. But it doesn't mean that we're not getting something country/farm related in the future. Devs know well how that's one of the most required packs for a long time now... Country kitchen imo doesn't take that chance away... there was really a need for rustic kitchen counters, well kitchen counters in general...
  • cheescaekscheescaeks Posts: 902 Member
    country living was fake, which added to the backlash against eco living. was a whole mess last year.
  • LoanetLoanet Posts: 4,079 Member
    I expect the lovely farming kitchen was stripped from a Farm pack, the way My First Pet Stuff was stripped from Pets
    Prepping a list of mods to add after Infants are placed into the game. Because real life isn't 'nice'.
  • Mak27Mak27 Posts: 1,111 Member
    There's no butter churn or nectar making, but from The Sims Mobile instead Sims 3 or Makin Magic
  • KokoaMilkKokoaMilk Posts: 267 Member
    Loanet wrote: »
    I expect the lovely farming kitchen was stripped from a Farm pack, the way My First Pet Stuff was stripped from Pets

I do think this is the case. As I said before, they took off the country kitchen to have more space for "else" in the farm pack (which at this point might be a GP rather than an EP)