Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

🔨 [B/B] Ideas

Comments

• PatricePatrice Posts: 361 Member
    In wall shelving :*
  • LeGardePourpreLeGardePourpre Posts: 15,175 Member
    edited July 2020
    Marble counter/island
    dashin10.jpg

In-floor plants / corner sofa
    dashin11.jpg

Industrial Loft apartment
    ts-str10.jpg
    indust10.jpg
    Post edited by LeGardePourpre on
  • SthenastiaSthenastia Posts: 651 Member
    Ikea style kitchens:

bright-voxtorp-ikea-kitchen-with-highgloss-beige-cabinets-st-745fee3e2fd46450e775fd7ec081c8fa.jpg?f=xxxl

urban_gloss_cream_and_forest_haze.jpg

a-small-white-kitchen-with-marble-effect-splashback-and-dark-ce951ba16262bc6c96202e017536f3e6.jpeg?f=s

And honestly more swatches and more matching furnitures. I am a hostage of several items.
  • Brenda358pBrenda358p Posts: 1 New Member
    Wish The Sims Team could fix the windows on diognal walls, like when you try to put them next to each other, it just doesn't look good. Even when pressing Alt, the glass kinda goes away making you see the wall.

Anyways, I think that making diognal walls the same size of the normal walls will help a lot with the window/glass problem.
  • SimCivicSimCivic Posts: 2 New Member
    Not sure if this has been suggested yet:

- ALT placement of walls.
    - change wall snap to grid from 1 tile to half a tile.
    - Allow for a change of wall thickness (e.g make a wall thicker - suggestion: modifier key + click and drag for thickness)
  • SimCivicSimCivic Posts: 2 New Member
    Second suggestion: dragging walls under stairs without deleting the staircase. (adaptive wall height)
    edited September 2020
    Living room

Post edited by LeGardePourpre on
  • Mak27Mak27 Posts: 1,111 Member
    edited March 2021
    Many are legacy objects from The Sims, The Sims 2, The Sims 3, The Sims Medieval and The Sims Freeplay

No cribs or other baby related items, neither horses related items. Also spiral staircases, that will return anyway.
    Sewing machines (manual and electric) - The Sims 2 - Freetime
    multi-purpose-foot-basic-sewing-machine-500x500.jpg

61H9r-zz6WL._AC_SX522_.jpg

Pottery turneable The Sims 2 - Freetime
    potter-s-wheel.jpg

Forging station: anvil, bellows, grinder and forge - The Sims Medieval
    blacksmith-forging-knife-on-anvil-with-hammer-in-workshop-CAVF50414.jpg

Axe and stump - There's a stump and a axe in The Sims 4 - Outdoor retreat
    axe-tree-stump-6491190.jpg

Deep fryer - The Sims 3
    1*H3A5-kZx9Eoo1ZsMOOiqcA.jpeg

Compost bin - The Sims 2 - Seasons
    61023.jpg

Vermicompost bin - New
    vermicompostera-lombrices-californianas.jpg

Log rolling - The Sims 2 - Bon Voyage
    LogRolling_Scheer%27sLumberjackShow.jpg

Axe throwing
    d47e2bf6-f8b6-464c-bff7-9a52eec352bf-throwing.jpg

Archery range - The Sims 3 Store
    5d9cb22451d08.image.jpg?resize=700%2C450

Cotton candy maker
    10ccm002-fm02-p12.v1_01a_1400x.jpg?v=1594920192

Lemonade stand - The Sims 2 - Freetime
    6BKXZOJOCMZGWC6FFGOBOASG6Q.jpg

Bake stand - The Sims 3 - Generations
    592e8b91ae0e48ca2e313c7ee6897265.jpg

Wall oven
    Wall-oven-hero2.jpg

Swimming pool pump - New
    Water-Treatment-Sand-Filter-Swimming-Pool-Filtration-Equipment.jpg

Swimming pool filter - The Sims Freeplay
    GRI-181-Filter.jpg

Grill with smoker - New
    71UPUMTZnQL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

Discada (basically a iron dish grill) - New
    b8fb143a1af146b77cc73ca2cb0ee4e4.jpg

Lawn mower (manual, electric and gas powered) - New
    mower-1568302588.jpg

Earthwise-50214.jpg

manual-lawn-mower-500x500.jpg

Soundbar - New
    JBL_Link_Bar_A_X1_NewCouple_x4_RGB_904x560px.png

Sculping station - The Sims 3
    MTS_gesimz-1249161-gesimzFasterInventingSculpting.jpg

Nectar maker - The Sims Freeplay
    Screenshot_2018-11-15-18-38-27.png

Telescope - The Sims series
    u_10214647.jpg

Microscope - New
    66c3183595f5b5580894982c6e9f9cf3_8856000_m_2_v1118.jpg

Bathroom air extractor - New
    vent-axia_pureair_pure_bathroom.jpg

Pool table and clutter - The Sims series
    valley_deluxe_table_7ft_.jpg

BACCPACKSUP.jpg?20200704031557

Junk restorarion car - The Sims 2 - Freetime
    restore-junk-car.jpg

Butter churn (this should be a free update for Country Kitchen kit) - The Sims Makin' Magic
    bc-870_6097c58c-f112-4591-885a-e1e015df80f3_shopify_800x.jpg?v=1571714803

Fuse box - New
    Fuse_box_after_finishing.JPG

Dog house - The Sims series
    https%3A%2F%2Fs3-sa-east-1.amazonaws.com%2Fcentryproduction%2Fbelanit-inventario%2Fproducts%2F5d3b16142a383743bd693a47%2Fimage%2F5d3b16142a383743bd693a47%2Foriginal%2FJARKET045_3.jpg?w=750&h=555&ch=Width&auto=format&cs=strip&bg=FFFFFF&q=60&trimcolor=FFFFFF&trim=color&fit=fillmax&ixlib=js-1.1.0&s=6843ce4d743e55d331318c318856782f

Portable air conditioner - NEw
    portable-air-conditioner-2019-2048px-1006.jpg?auto=webp&quality=75&width=1024

Shower (1x1) with sink (for toddler and pet washing) - New
    small-shower-tub-for-tiny-houses-tiny-house-bathtub-tiny-tiny-house-tub-225x300.jpg

Irrigation control - The Sims Online
    sprinklers_control_timer_set.jpg

Juice extractor - The Sims 2 - Seasons
    71meaaMcT-L._AC_SL1500_.jpg

Roof gutters - New
    House-with-new-white-gutters-hs.jpg

Zen garden
    maxresdefault.jpg

Bird cage - The Sims series
    large-parrot-cage-500x500.jpg

Aquariums with interactions (clean, feed, replace) and upgrades (filter, heater, feeder)
    juwel-rio-450-led-aquarium-77729-en.jpg

Water heaters (electric, propane, basement) - New

psh-plus-lifestyle.jpg

Eccotemp-L7-mounted-cabin-wall.jpg

hot-water-heater-and-furnace-in-basement-86517326-5798bb2b5f9b58461f1ccf72.jpg

Propane tanks/cylinders - New
    propane-tank.jpg

51uKaL4xH1L._AC_SX679_.jpg

Soccer goal - The Sims 2 - Freetime
    818f0Seu7qL._AC_SX425_.jpg

Ballet barre - The Sims 2 - Freetime
    custom-barres-floor-mounted-ballet-bars-mobile-pix-2.jpg

Records player - New
    Sony-PS-LX310BT-Belt-Drive-Turntable-FI.jpg

Air conditioner (outside unit) - New
    Air-Conditioner-Unit-Outside.jpg

Obstacle course - The Sims 2
    a712fcd80b741fd84315844d63e96bff.jpg

Mini golf - The Sims 2
    mini-golf.jpg

Disco ball - The Sims 3 - 70s80s90s
    disco-ball.jpg

Walled bicycle option - New
    SteadyRack_Classic_cover_2018__94766.1537195811.jpg?c=3

Tools pegboard - The Sims 3 - Fast Lane
    20ce02cef5d123242185f5e4f970fc39.jpg

Electricity meter - New
    service-upgrades-1.jpg

Water meter - New
    47871559-water-meter-at-home-location-in-nonthaburi-thailand.jpg

Gas meter _ New
    Gas_meter.JPG

Wi-Fi router (walled and tabletop) - New
    actualidad_275986439_130095550_1706x960.jpg

Arcade cabinet - The Sims series
    24fbaac4bf43a2a8efff7bfa89e4fe65.jpg

Mechanic bull - The Sims 1
    1200px-Rodeo_in_a_sportclub.jpg

Loom - The Sims 1
    Screen_Shot_2018-08-27_at_19.08.23_grande.png?v=1535557914

Drafting table - The Sims 2
    81qmmNM-oCL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

Drums - The Sims series
    roland-vad506-v-drum.jpg

Bass
    340?cb=20101221200601

Solar panels with water heater - New
    National-Geographic.jpg

A CTR TV[img]- The Sims 1 https://ak.picdn.net/shutterstock/videos/1016668390/thumb/1.jpg[/img]

Tools drawer - The Sims 3 - Fast Lane
    SATA-95107P15A-3.jpg

Fireplace tools and logs holder - New
    originoo203858.jpg?v=1553493600

39d2ff62109edccd6f964c73ca22c305.jpg

Train model table - The Sims 2 - Freetime
    0c060fe80ff4c3b68f4452f7f9baabe6.jpg

Break dance mat - The Sims 2 - Apartment Life
    hqdefault.jpg

Ceiling fans with light upgrades - New
    61pCEWdTHXL._AC_SY355_.jpg

Built-in trash compactor - The Sims series
    stainless-steel-kitchenaid-trash-compactors-ktts505ess-66_600.jpg

Kayak - New
    81HkWDksqFL._AC_SY450_.jpg

Chlorine dispenser - New
    61diAbo9AVL._AC_SL1262_.jpg

Chicken coop - The Sims 3 Store
    latest?cb=20190715131055&path-prefix=es
    Post edited by Mak27 on
    edited April 2021
  • SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,108 Member
    Most of these pictures reminds me of the objects in Sims 3, I would so love in Sims 4.
  • SuceressSuceress Posts: 1,679 Member
    edited June 2021
    I'm going to go through and respond to things I like from the entire thread.

@LeGardePourpre I like the pass-through for the kitchen. There is a Chef Station that comes with a pass through window for Dine Out but it would be nice to have one detached from the station. Or he ability to custom make pass-through windows. Maybe an arch that fits over cabinets or something would be nice. Right now the way to make them is to either use a full arch or to use spandrels.

I love the photo example you have of microwave up higher. I would love for there to be a microwave shelf. Not sure if microwaves can only be placed on counters or not, but a shelf that is flagged to be able to hold a microwave would be neat. An addendum to upper cabinets with a compartment for microwaves would be awesome.

Ceiling mount TV would be cool for when you don't want something on the floor and don't want to put it on a wall.

For beams and pillars-- It would be nice to have some coordinating beams for pillars. They could be like spandrels perhaps but maybe be drawable like fences. There could be wood versions for different eco footprint.

I like the backyard fence. It would be cool if we could build smaller fences on top of larger ones.

Shoji screen sliding doors would be neat. Not recommended in real life for people who have cats though. LOL.

More water color options would be nice.

Adirondack style for deck stuff would be neat. I hope I spelled that correctly. LOL.

@FreezerBunnyCowplant I love the idea of beaded doors. I've been wanting those forever. Would also like curtain doors too. Maybe even leather/pelt flap doors for more rustic lower tech lots too.

Curved walls and windows would be awesome.

The glass accordion doors (windows) are very neat.

@QueenMercy Love the suggestion of manually placing end walls. My game does not want to put the end trim where I want it to go.

@AlbaWaterhouse the more vibrant colors and different style arches would be awesome.

I don't begrudge people wanting more modern furniture-- although, it looks to me like there is quite a bit of it already. I'd prefer more retro/vintage style stuff but we can have both.

I'm trying to visualize what @Slyvanas was describing but my brain is not cooperating. Nice name btw. I named one of my cats Lady Sylvanas.

Curtains as dividers would be neat. You could perhaps set how far they open and close. Similar with accordion doors as walls. The house my mother grew up in had a giant accordion door/wall that closed off as a bedroom at night but opened up in the day to give the area a feeling of more space.

Indoor shutters would be cool.

We do now have bunk beds but I would like more versatility to them. Loft beds and bunk beds with stairs instead of ladders would be nice. The 3 tier bunk bed is neat as well.

I used to have a trundle bed so that would be neat. I will add that modular beds where you can place different headboards and footboards on different frames would be neat. Or at least being able to add different mattresses on to different bed frames.

The extended lounge cough thing is neat. Friend has one of those- looks nice but is sooo uncomfortable. LOL.

Absolutely YES on pool stairs! Would be nice to be able to add little ledges/seats inside where Sims could sit. I used to live in a house with a peanut shaped pool that had steps in the shallow end and a ledge/seat in the deep end where we could rest nad relax. It was underwater so we were still submerged but we could still keep our heads above water when sitting. The little hut you included with the pool pic is nice. Also: CURVED pools!!!

@w_w_waiyiiiiii9813 Connecting rooms to different levels would be nice. I get so frustrated when I have a 2 or 3 story tall room and the ceiling lights don't work for lower levels.

Hanging beds would be interesting.

More garage clutter would be great. I don't have a garage on my house (although I have an actual separate workshop) but I used to live in houses with them and I miss it. Would be so nice to have the objects. The garage worskshop stuff, lawnmowers, yard tools, storage stuff, etc would be so nice. I would absolutely love functioning garage doors to go with it.

I was just thinking the other day how I wish we could have rafters instead of full walls for attics and then add walls on top of the end pieces. Would be nice to customize the looks of the rafters- metal, steel, and maybe have some gusset plates on some of them. (I have been planning to build a shed and watched videos on how to make roofs for them so I picked up at least some of the terms).

Water heaters both tankless and tank style and maybe even plumbing manifolds would be nice. I'd love to have a pex manifold near the water heater. And for off-the-grid homes it would be cool to have a functioning well system with cistern, pressure tank, pumps, water filters, etc. The cistern can store the water and pumps act as water collectors. I'd add in gutter systems and rain barrells to collect water that goes through a filtration system as well.

I like the pegboard wall with tools. Would be nice if we could place tools on it wherever we wanted.

The all-in-one bunk bed is a type of loft bed. They are very cool. I wish I had pictures of the loft bed my brother had. He had a lower bunk that came out like an L. He had a little cubby with shelves behind some drawers and there was a small closet next to the ladder.

Triangle windows that fit under the roof would be nice. I'd love to be able to have windows that also adjust with the angle/height of the roof. I suppose it would sort of be like glass walls. Would work well for a covered pool area that has windows for ceiling and walls. Or for a greenhouse.

Looks like @crocobaura had the same thought about glass walls.

I agree with @Calenlas about spiral staircases and other musical instruments.

Marble counter islands where there is a part that raises up for an eating area would be fantastic. I wish you could manually draw in higher ledges on top of the islands as extra island pieces if you want higher spots on it. My sister's kitchen has an island with a raised portion near a seating area. The backsplash of it has electrical outlets.

Angled windows on roof slopes would be neat. I suppose it's somewhat like skylights. I hate them in real life but they are cool for fictional worlds.

@SimCivic being able to build half-tile walls and/or have walls on half tiles would be so nice. Being able to have thickier walls so we could add in bulkheads, in-wall plumbing/ducting, etc would be neat. Also on board with being able to drag walls under stairs without deleting the stairs. So frustrating when stairs get deleted. Adaptive wall height might be tricky, but it would be cool if they could figure it out.

Mixed counter-islands where we can have some drawers/doors on the island would be fantastic. Maybe it could be added to the styles available for the existing ones and we could have ones where it works sort of like at able as in your image. Being able to connect islands to regular counters and having some counters that don't have backsplashes would be nice.

I'm not sure if you can have sunken living rooms now that they have pedestals. I'll have to play around and see if we can do that. I think so long as it's only a step down the sims won't need stairs. I once lived in a split level home where the garage living room and bonus room were lower but there was a step up to the kitchen and dining room.

Larger bunk beds would be cool. Would be nice to be able to have larger on top smaller on bottom and vice versa. I still vote for stairs to get up them as an option.

The diagonal stuff reminds me that I created entire threads about corner objects. Corner sinks, corner toilets, corner cabinets, etc. That would be very cool. I would love to be able to have the lower cabinets/counters go at a diagonal. I have a small diagonal lower cabinet in my house.

I love love love love the idea of secret doors. I know we have some bookcase doors but I'd love more options. Brick or stone walls that are really doors would be awesome. We had at least 1 in TS3. I'd love to have some that slide away or that pivot in.

My additions to the ideas:
    Set swing of doors to lock them so they only swing in certain directions. Allow for different colors and different trim on different sides of doors-- even different knob color/style ones. I would love to be able to have a menu like we have with cabinets for selecting options where we choose door frame style, knob/handle style and are able to add features to doors-- like kickplates, knocking mechanisms (it censored the first word I used bc it assumed it meant slang for something), mail slots, peepholes, mini curtains for ones with widows (and those objects would snap to the door), mirrors that hang on doors, etc.

Similar for sinks-- allow for different faucet options.

Stainless steel backsplash walls (not to be confused with counter backsplashes) to go near stoves or wherever we want them. More regular counters without the little raised backsplash part.

Stainless steel shelves to go on walls around stoves.

Below floor/hanging from ceiling fences/half-walls that are similar to spandrels but you can draw them. So you can create soffits/frame out areas. You could paint them just like regular half walls and adjust the height and add any sort of trim you like to it.

Trim for end walls that don't have archways or doors would be cool. Could use vertical versions of some of the trims for half walls.

Pool slides with steps or ladders to get up. I would love to be able to create a staircase over a pool area to create sort of a cave and have a slide on the other side. I have a thread on it.

More kitchen clutter: Waffle irons, electric ban openers (ones that mount under cabinets, sit on counters, and mount to walls), crock pots, pressure cookers, air fryers, mixers, mortar & pestle, rolling pins & boards, marble cutting boards, bread boxes, food processors, juicers, electric kettles, toasters (4 slot as well as 2 slot), double ovens, separate cooktops, integrated dishwashers, integrated fridges, larger commercial size fridges-- both stainless steel and integrated. By integrated I mean they look like the cabinets.

Small wall deco things like electrical outlets and wall switches. Plumbing boxes for washing machines (has shutoffs/hoses & drain ).

Laundry pedestals that can store stuff and that the washing machine and dryer sit on top of.

More pet doors.

More usable space under stairs that are built with walls-- allow underside of stairs to have different wall paint than outside.

Wall mount hand rails for stairs that are next to walls.

I have more ideas but I just got brain freeze.
    edited August 2021
    Some additional stuff to create a private cinema room : single or double seat and stairs with light

90096-10.jpg
    20111010.jpg
  • hellokitty1496hellokitty1496 Posts: 243 Member
    •Empty wall shelves with more slots
    •Plush rugs, beds, and/or sofas
    •More clutter for the other rooms like: kitchen, workshop, bedroom, etc.
    •Geometric wall paintings
    •Curtains that are simple and sheer.
    •Functional forts?
    •Animatronics or an electronic toy (i.e., portable devices, racing cars, furby's,
    •Playing house for the kids (an option for adults to join). Kids can name their spot, choose the roles of participants, and live an imaginary lifestyle.
    •For fridges, the ability to add your own pictures or kid's grades as a viewing
    •Floor firepits
    •Pillar glassed candles with the option of a different size
    •Skinny trees
    •Lit up bushes
    •Walling with white trims
    •Blinds that work well with bigger/wider windows
    •Matching gates and fencing (size and color)
    •Toxic plants
    •Half-walling tables
    •Functional storage steps
    •Mats
    •More games like: dungeons & dragons, card trading, charades, the memory game, Twister, something the whole family could play. And, following back to what @Mak27 said, I'd like a good variety of games you'd find in an arcade and not just the pinball, whack-a-mole, pool, golf, 'joystick and button smashing' games.
    •Secret passage ways (i.e., floor, ceiling, doorway)
    •Garages, fake or not
    •Wall numbers
    •Mirror flooring
  • Mak27Mak27 Posts: 1,111 Member
    Corner counter sink
  • crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,342 Member
    Create a garage

fg-gar10.jpg

What good is a garage without a car?