Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What is the best Sims 4 pack?

Comments

• Sunflowergal227Sunflowergal227 Posts: 305 Member
    Thank you all for your inputs! I got Sims 4 Seasons, Parenthood, and Spooky Stuff! (i used the create a bundle on origin!) Also, will be getting UNi next, then either get to work, and island living.
    As for my playstyle: i like a little of everything. i also play rotational.
    Favorite EP/SP
    Sims 2 (All EPs/SPs)
    Sims 3 Showtime
    Sims 3 Generations
    My Sims 3 profile page: https://mypage.thesims3.com/mypage/Sunflowergal227
  • Pamtastic72Pamtastic72 Posts: 4,545 Member
    edited March 2021
    My favorites are:

Seasons: I feel like that one really brought the game to life, and gave it a true feeling of time passing other than just going from day to night. I love having my seasons set on 14 or 28 days for a more gradual progression between them. I absolutely love the calendar and the ability to plan events and not have to have them occur instantly. I find myself looking forward to birthday parties, and weddings, and barbecues I plan in advance.

Parenthood: This added a sense of realism to my families, whether they be realistic or occult. Now how I raise my sim kids matters because their personalities are affected by traits they gain through parenting, and those personalities unlock special interactions they can have with other sims based on whether they’re responsible, have good manners, are empathetic and so on. It’s added depth to the sims I raise in game, and I absolutely love it. It also matters now if I encourage my kids to get good grades or not, because that affects my next favorite pack...

Discover University I love that performance in this pack affects where you place on the earning scale for jobs now, and I love that it can be super difficult to balance having a social life and participating in campus activities because that’s the truth of university life isn’t it, finding that balance between work and leisure? Now many in game careers make more sense. Instead of embarking on a medical career by simply picking up the phone, you can pick courses toward a degree that will place you at a higher pay scale should you successfully complete your courses.

Vampires & Realm Of Magic: Both take me out of the mundanity of ho-hum “normal” life and I can clean my bathroom with the flick of a wand, or set my cheating spouse ablaze! Mwahahahahahaha! 😈 I can slip into people’s homes and drain their life force because they stole my drink at the bar or instantly transport myself from place to place as a bat! I love the advancement systems in both packs. I love stepping out of reality and entering worlds of magic and lore.

I own all the dlc, and frankly I love it all. There’s not one pack or kit that doesn’t add another bit of depth to my game. I know not everyone can own everything the packs above are some that I feel really open up different aspects of the game whether you play strictly realistic or occult or a mix like I do. I have a “Bewitched” type spell caster who tried to keep her magic under wraps from her nosey suburban neighbors. I also have sims who are “normal” by day doing their laundry and vacuuming their homes...but after nightfall they prey on those who dare to leave the club alone at night. But I also have sims who are just raising their kids and trying to keep it moving like the rest of us.
  • marcel21marcel21 Posts: 12,341 Member
    winterday wrote: »
    I recently got Snowy Escape and I'm really enjoying it! Island living and Get to Work are also good ones

Get to Work includes the doctor career right? and for Island Living is it like Bon Voyage in the Sims 2? like vacation lots? Forgive me with the questions i just want to know!

scientists. career
    doctor career
    police career
    retail shops
    Origin ID MichaelUKingdon

• GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,496 Member
    edited March 2021
    musteni wrote: »
    winterday wrote: »
    Yes Get to Work does include the doctor career! Also, yes! I never had Bon Voyage, but to my understanding it's pretty much like that with vacation lots! I've also moved a family to the island and it makes for fun gameplay. No forgiveness needed, I'm happy to help😊 I also think City Living is a good one too. I just really like new destinations, if you can't tell :)
    Island living is not a vacation world, but thanks to a recent patch you can make any lot rental. Just had to point that out.

I think you should go by the theme or the type of gameplay that interests you most. I personally enjoy all packs, some of my favourites are Get Together, Get Famous and City Living. Get Together club system gives control of non played characters, fame in Get Famous can be achieved in many ways and is challenging, City Living comes with apartments which I love to use. Like I said it really depends what you're after.

Get Famous sounds a lot like showtime- which i found fun. so thanks!

It is and it isn't. I prefer the celebrity system from GF, but if you desire a singer career, you're going to need a mod for that. I can recommend Sacrificial's Road to Fame mod. It's fully updated for the last patch we got and will allow your Sim, once they advance their ability to sing to give concerts, either rabbit-hole, or in person. Also, if your Sim studies up on modeling, and they become a hot commodity, they'll be invited to a photoshoot to have their image on the cover of a magazine. This can be a rabbit hole, (sending them autonomously to the shoot) or you can invite the crew to wherever you Sim is located for an in-person shoot. I love this mod.

It's best to have Get to Work along with the Get Famous and the mod above. And your Sim will have to earn hitpoints 100/100 in order to be invited to give a concert, but it isn't all that hard to do. Once your Sim starts to achieve a level of fame, and professional singing ability, they'll be able to search (via the mod) for Singing telegrams without that silly uniform. They'll get paid a nice §1000 per client plus additional fame points. Plus they can start recording songs and put them out into cyberspace, via the mod. The more songs, the more hitpoints they earn.
    Erik Cantrell in Concert, LIVE:
    7vYDdxm.jpg
    v4EHner.jpg
    IJSA7HW.jpg
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • alanmichael1alanmichael1 Posts: 5,404 Member
    Vampires are ten miles above everything.
  • DevSims91DevSims91 Posts: 470 Member
    Get together, it has a beautiful world the club feature is amazing and the sims are actually fun to play and I enjoy the sims living there. I also enjoy island living while it’s a small world and the mermaids have hardly anything to do, I still enjoy the world and actually enjoy a few of the the families there too, plus you can make beach houses. City Living is also fun, and it has a few cool sims.

I honestly feel in most sims 4 expansions I don’t care about the sims at all. I never had that issue with the sims 2 and 3, the families were fun to play.
  • MoofytheManMoofytheMan Posts: 16 Member
    Seasons and Parenthood are probably the best for adding more realistic immersion and fleshing out pre-YA life stages.
  • Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,422 Member
    Best packs for me include all types of pack types. I rank some game packs higher than certain expansion packs. I think it is more important to go for the themes you like rather than a certain pack type.

I tried to make my personal top but as others pointed out this depends on playstyle and can be different for different people. I like a mix of supernatural elements and family gameplay.

realm of magic (GP) what can I say, I need magic in my world. I wish the world was bigger but I like the general feel of the pack.
    Seasons (EP) the weather makes the worlds come alive. The calendar and holidays are fun to play with
    get together (EP) the club system is very useful for groups of friends to gather and windenburg is still my favourite world
    jungle adventure (GP) visiting the jungle and digging for treasures is more fun than I ever thought it would
    laundry day (SP) a nice touch of realism and some extra chores to make life just that little bit more challenging for my sims
  • imhappyimhappy Posts: 1,988 Member
    Thank you all for your inputs! I got Sims 4 Seasons, Parenthood, and Spooky Stuff! (i used the create a bundle on origin!) Also, will be getting UNi next, then either get to work, and island living.

Don’t get Uni if you play rotational. All my sims fail out of school because I can’t keep up with homework if playing a different house. Get together is awesome. I recommend that one instead.
    imhappy wrote: »

Don’t get Uni if you play rotational. All my sims fail out of school because I can’t keep up with homework if playing a different house. Get together is awesome. I recommend that one instead.

Good to know! Got uni already tho but it's okay. Lately with the sims 4, i been playing one household at a time- i usually do play rotational tho on all the other games. But anyways. it is also that i have to learn the game a bit!
    Favorite EP/SP
    Sims 2 (All EPs/SPs)
    Sims 3 Showtime
    Sims 3 Generations
  • KerriganKerrigan Posts: 1,572 Member
    Vampires is the best pack
    Get to Work has a lot of classic Sims series content in it so it's a must have
    Island Living because it's just beautiful.
  • SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,122 Member
    Just wanted to share with you, Sunflowergal227 what my rotational Sims 4 game saves are.

1. PREHISTORIC with households of Adam & Eve, Fallen Angels, Ghosts and Mythical Immortals. Worlds with most of the lots have Tropical Trees & Huge Stones and outdoor homes.

2. CIVILIZATION with households of Cleopatria, Empress of China, Shogun Warriors, Greek Warriors & Oracles. Worlds with most of the lots have Japanese Pine Trees, Palaces and a Stonehenge Haunted House.
    3. RENISSANCE with households of Peasants, Inventors, Aristicats, Royalties, Knights, Belle & Beast, Snow White & 7 Children and Rapunzel. Worlds with most of the lots have Pine Trees, Cottages, Manors, Castles, Towers and Tudor Haunted House.

4. 20th CENTURY with households of Threes Company, Original Charmed, Stargate SG1, 1960s Hippies, 1980s Pops, 1920s-1940s Old Hollywood and Shirley Temple & Little Orphan Annie.
    Worlds with some lots have Pine Trees, Rustic Small Houses, Hollywood Manors, Tiny Shacks, Haunted House and Stargate SG1 Bunker.

5. FUTURISTIC with households of Human/Alien Families, Star Trek Voyager Family, Stargate Atlantis, Xmen's Storm & Wolverine, Borg Sim, Apocalyse Survival Warrior, Futuristic Fighters, Doctor Who with his Companion Wife and Star Wars households.
    Worlds with some of the Foxfury Statue Trees, Spaceship Homes, Underground Apocalyse Bunker, Domes, Sky Homes, TARDIS and a Metal Haunted House.
  • jimbbqjimbbq Posts: 2,734 Member
    Seasons and get together are most integrated with the base game.
  • ChadSims2ChadSims2 Posts: 5,090 Member
    Besides Seasons which you said you were going to get I'd have to say Get Together and Parenthood add the most replayability as their main features expand the entire game and are not mini games like pretty much every other pack even Cats and Dogs leaves only strays to the world it comes with pretty sad.
    Sims 4 went from "You Rule" to "One of the stories we want you to tell"
  • haisinhaisin Posts: 948 Member

Good to know! Got uni already tho but it's okay. Lately with the sims 4, i been playing one household at a time- i usually do play rotational tho on all the other games. But anyways. it is also that i have to learn the game a bit!

Yeah it takes a bit to get the hang of how everything works :smiley: I just wanted to say that you can play uni rotationally just fine, as long as you finish the ongoing semester and don't start a new one. Then you can switch the household you are playing and when you return to play the students you just need to enroll them to uni again and their next semester will start. Also, it's good to enroll them as soon as you start playing them again, because if they are in a university housing and aren't enrolled the game will make them move out.
    haisin wrote: »

Yeah it takes a bit to get the hang of how everything works :smiley: I just wanted to say that you can play uni rotationally just fine, as long as you finish the ongoing semester and don't start a new one. Then you can switch the household you are playing and when you return to play the students you just need to enroll them to uni again and their next semester will start. Also, it's good to enroll them as soon as you start playing them again, because if they are in a university housing and aren't enrolled the game will make them move out.

Thanks for the tips!
    Favorite EP/SP
    Sims 2 (All EPs/SPs)
    Sims 3 Showtime
    Sims 3 Generations
  • SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,961 Member
    If you want a big world, games, synchronized dancing, or being a DJ Get Together is a good one too. I also love get to work because of the careers.
  • Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    edited April 2021
    I think the best EP's for TS4 are Eco Lifestyle and Get Famous and Seasons.
    Post edited by Sigzy05 on
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • ArcherDKArcherDK Posts: 1,130 Member
    Vampires, Seasons and whatever it was that added Windenburg and San Myshuno.
    GaBDvM2.jpg
    Click the banner to follow the link.
  • SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,961 Member
    ArcherDK wrote: »
    Vampires, Seasons and whatever it was that added Windenburg and San Myshuno.

Windenburg was Get Together ( I love that world) and San Myshuno was City living ( I almost have my Apartments full there now ).
  • nerdfashionnerdfashion Posts: 5,947 Member
    My personal favorite vampires, I can't go through a save without making a vampire now, I almost use it more than Seasons :D
    funny-gifs20.gif

• PriestessDreadfulPriestessDreadful Posts: 284 Member
    Depends very much on what you personally want to include in your game. I was surprised by how much I liked Get To Work and Get Together. I also like Cats & Dogs, even though I only use it sometimes (but I'm also a dog-obsessive person irl). I also was surprised by how many great build mode items I got with Cats & Dogs, a lot of the furniture has a bit of a country/cottage feel, and I use these pieces a LOT.

I like the glam stuff too, like Vintage Glamor.
  • PriestessDreadfulPriestessDreadful Posts: 284 Member
    What I did surprise myself with was Vampires and Realm of Magic.

The surprise being that I thought I would use both of them a whole lot more than I actually do. As it turns out, I hardly use them at all.
  • Lilacsky22Lilacsky22 Posts: 43 Member
    > @Sunflowergal227 said:
    > Thank you all for your inputs! I got Sims 4 Seasons, Parenthood, and Spooky Stuff! (i used the create a bundle on origin!) Also, will be getting UNi next, then either get to work, and island living.
    > As for my playstyle: i like a little of everything. i also play rotational.

Hi there, I am also sort of new to the sims 4, well I got the game in 2019. My first pack was Seasons and I don't regret it. I am also a rotational player and love to do everything the game offers. I think vampires is a very fun pack, that was my second pack I got. I think they did an excellent job on the Vampires pack. I love Get to work for the simple fact you can own a retail shop of any type. It really adds a ton of gameplay to the game for me. I love building stores with apartments on top and I have my sims live in them. Not to mention you can make extra money selling anything created. I also like get together, it is pretty cool with the club system and the cafe's it brings to the game. I opted for that instead of Dine out, due to the many glitches it has. So with Get Together , the bartenders now serve food and you can create your own cafes that also serve food, so It works out well for a back up in creating restaruants without Dine Out.

As far as Island living goes, I honestly didn't care for it all that much. I mean the world is awesome but I hardly play there honestly, I do take my sims there for vacations which is cool, but I use Get To Work more than IL. The little things with Get To Work count for me, for example if your sim is pregnant you can click on your sim that is in labor and choose to have your baby at the hospital and go with them to see, its pretty cool.

I'm trying to think of little details that make gameplay better with each pack. I think most of them have something unique to offer. I got Spa Day for the building items, and it is awesome! I also love to create spa/resort's for my sims to go on vacation to.

I am all over the place with play style and it sounds you are similar, so honestly any of the packs work with that play style, I find something useful in all of them. :)

The worlds that come with Get Together and Cats and Dogs are truly beautiful and rather large as well. I am working on getting Cats and dogs next because the world is just so pretty, plus I love animals. Another one that I seem to skip over is Strangerville, which I love stories in this game and I have no clue why I have yet to get it, for me its either Cats and Dogs or Strangerville next.

As far as stuff packs go, I love the backyard stuff for all the things it offers. I think it offers some of the best interactive objects to the gameplay.
    Also the Cool Kitchen one for the simple fact you can create an ICE CREAM PARLOR!!!! haha!

In all honesty though, its up to you and ALWAYS GET THEM ON SALE! I started building about half way through 2020 and I am addicted to it, it is so fun in this game. But I also love creating stories but I never had kids(family) in this game and I finally created a vampire family that has 5 kids!!! very fun to play with vamps, I love the world as well, even though small, it is one of my faves.

Hope this helps, also how are you liking the packs you got so far?
    Lilacsky22 wrote: »
    > @Sunflowergal227 said:
    > Thank you all for your inputs! I got Sims 4 Seasons, Parenthood, and Spooky Stuff! (i used the create a bundle on origin!) Also, will be getting UNi next, then either get to work, and island living.
    > As for my playstyle: i like a little of everything. i also play rotational.

Hi there, I am also sort of new to the sims 4, well I got the game in 2019. My first pack was Seasons and I don't regret it. I am also a rotational player and love to do everything the game offers. I think vampires is a very fun pack, that was my second pack I got. I think they did an excellent job on the Vampires pack. I love Get to work for the simple fact you can own a retail shop of any type. It really adds a ton of gameplay to the game for me. I love building stores with apartments on top and I have my sims live in them. Not to mention you can make extra money selling anything created. I also like get together, it is pretty cool with the club system and the cafe's it brings to the game. I opted for that instead of Dine out, due to the many glitches it has. So with Get Together , the bartenders now serve food and you can create your own cafes that also serve food, so It works out well for a back up in creating restaruants without Dine Out.

As far as Island living goes, I honestly didn't care for it all that much. I mean the world is awesome but I hardly play there honestly, I do take my sims there for vacations which is cool, but I use Get To Work more than IL. The little things with Get To Work count for me, for example if your sim is pregnant you can click on your sim that is in labor and choose to have your baby at the hospital and go with them to see, its pretty cool.

I'm trying to think of little details that make gameplay better with each pack. I think most of them have something unique to offer. I got Spa Day for the building items, and it is awesome! I also love to create spa/resort's for my sims to go on vacation to.

I am all over the place with play style and it sounds you are similar, so honestly any of the packs work with that play style, I find something useful in all of them. :)

The worlds that come with Get Together and Cats and Dogs are truly beautiful and rather large as well. I am working on getting Cats and dogs next because the world is just so pretty, plus I love animals. Another one that I seem to skip over is Strangerville, which I love stories in this game and I have no clue why I have yet to get it, for me its either Cats and Dogs or Strangerville next.

As far as stuff packs go, I love the backyard stuff for all the things it offers. I think it offers some of the best interactive objects to the gameplay.
    Also the Cool Kitchen one for the simple fact you can create an ICE CREAM PARLOR!!!! haha!

In all honesty though, its up to you and ALWAYS GET THEM ON SALE! I started building about half way through 2020 and I am addicted to it, it is so fun in this game. But I also love creating stories but I never had kids(family) in this game and I finally created a vampire family that has 5 kids!!! very fun to play with vamps, I love the world as well, even though small, it is one of my faves.

Hope this helps, also how are you liking the packs you got so far?
    Hi there! Thank you for the suggestions. i actually got Get to Work recently before the origin 75% off sale ended. i am liking for what it adds to the game such as the interactive scientist and doctor carreer. i like that you can go to the hospital also.
    Good to know that the worlds that come with Get Together and Cats and Dogs are quite large. most of the neighborhoods are small, which is fine but once i start building or something i probably should make sure i have room. Next for me would probably be strangerville (after playing the sims stories on alexa, i was like O-O strangerville sounds an awful lot like strangetown from the sims 2 (which i also love!) Definetely will take advantage of any sales- because like $40 is expensive! probaby going to buy a bundle as i wanted toddler stuff/ kids stuff as well.

Favorite EP/SP
    Sims 2 (All EPs/SPs)
    Sims 3 Showtime
    Sims 3 Generations