Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

EPs / GPs / SPs you regret buying?

14567810...Next

Comments

• HarukotyanHarukotyan Posts: 513 Member
    Regret is a strong word. Usually I find out that I'm making use of something from every pack. But if I'll had to put it this way I'd say Island Living and Snowy Escape. I guess I can't get into their design. I do not like theme-parks and since Build/Buy is very themed in each case I also notice I do not use objects from these packs often.
  • telemwilltelemwill Posts: 1,752 Member
    No regrets for me.
  • OnverserOnverser Posts: 3,364 Member
    Mainly stuff packs, the one with the waterslide I forgot what it's called. The autonomy on the slide is too strong and sims use it constantly so I never place it, no idea what else comes with the patch but it's pretty useless.

Spooky Stuff, it's just not a good pack. Adds nothing useful to the game and the stuff should've been in Seasons.

Moschino, bought it for one hair, didn't like that hair. Only thing I like from that pack is the windows.

Bowling Night, I sent my sim to a bowling alley about twice. It's nice to have I guess but should've been in Discover University.

Snowy Escape, I don't necessarily regret buying it but I wish I waited for it to go down in price. The single week of interest I got from it wasn't worth 30 bucks.

Eco Lifestyle, again wish I waited for the price to go further down.

Toddler Stuff sort of as well, but I do like the string lights they're one of my favorite items in the game along with the cushions and the slide is nice. Just wish it added more useful items for toddlers like, yknow, toddler beds, or toddler pottys, or high chairs. The things that toddlers actually use on a regular basis which we didn't get a single one of for some reason despite the pack literally being called "Toddler Stuff"
  • SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,122 Member
    Eco Lifestyle; garbage & pollution is very gross, can't properly plant a garden with the green environment. :s:'(
  • Jasonschick80Jasonschick80 Posts: 686 Member
    Well, since I never bought JtB I dont have any regrets 😋😏
  • Destin2016Destin2016 Posts: 568 Member
    Of the packs I own, I regret buying City Living. Must’ve had brain freeze when I bought it!
    You like me because I'm a scoundrel. There aren't enough scoundrels in your life.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 New Member
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Umbreon12Umbreon12 Posts: 881 Member
    I usually wait for sales to buy my stuff, some are more discounted than others. I bought University and Snowy Escape on sale, but not on the 50%, but on a 30% sale.
    I don't own everything, and I am still missing quite a bit. However, if I choose anything I regret, it may be University. Don't get me wrong, but University packs have been my must have since Sims 2, and later Sims 3, so there was no way I was skipping on it. I think I regret it is partly comparing it to its previous incarnations, and also most of my sims can't afford to attend college.
    Also, kind of regret buying JtB, I bought it on sale, and by that time they nerfed the "aliens," so there was nothing but bald people running around the area. i haven't checked to see if it has been fixed. Also, I kind of regret it, because every family has a request to go right away, even though I will eventually send them, it is kind of annoying getting the pop up when you don't want to send them yet. Also, point and click for buildings, and stuff, isn't all that fun. I mostly bought it for creating Sims that had no business owning light sabers, which the humor of it is still there. I created Anna and Elsa, and originally was going to have Anna on the good side, and Elsa on the bad side. I may switch it the next time i play. Next I want to do the same with Goku and Vegeta.
  • Nekia33painterNekia33painter Posts: 336 Member
    I regret buying the photography stuff pack. It was a good idea but poorly executed...or not executed enough? The poses in the pack aren't really that interesting. And honestly they have plenty of poses they could have chose. Sims proposing, hugging, actually being able to take selfies with their kids. I don't know, maybe they'll add more eventually.
  • simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,832 Member
    Not a single one. 😄
  • SailorCetiSailorCeti Posts: 807 Member
    None. I have everything except eco living. The naps were enough for me not to get it, even with the option to turn off townie voting.
    This game needs more Sailor Moon!

Hold SHIFT while using the FRIEZE tool to apply it to a single wall, and not an entire room!

** SailorCeti's Builds **

If you download one of my builds, by all means, leave me a message and tell me what you did and did not like about it.
  • FinvolaFinvola Posts: 1,041 Member
    I had to look back and make sure I hadn't commented on this thread before. I know I've said it elsewhere before, but the one I really felt disappointed with was Bowling Night. Bowling itself is unplayable mess and it's never really worked right. I wouldn't say I regret it, but it was a pack I was looking forward to and ended up being very disappointed with.
  • LazzialLazzial Posts: 159 Member
    I regret buying Star Wars. It doesn't feel like it belongs in the Sim Universe and it just seems like a shameless cross promotion for EA. Such a corporate thing to do.
  • Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,422 Member
    I regret buying get Famous. I have zero interest in the fame system and the world is my least favourite of all . I mainly bought it for the costumes and while I do like them, they feel kind of pointless so I rarely use them. Had it been released later, with already more dlc available, I would have skipped this one.

Spa day : for some reason I never use it. I keep forgetting about the wellness skill and the spa to visit.

Perfect patio stuff : the pack was OK when I got it but if I had known that hot tubs would be added a little while later (I didn't get it at release) I would have never bought it.

Not quite sure about city living and cats and dogs.. I barely touch the main features (apartments and pets) but use the cas and build buy constantly. So I like them but I don't know if they are worth their money.
  • NikkihNikkih Posts: 1,758 Member
    edited March 2021
    I have no regrets of what packs I got ( I have them all plus the 3 kits) I couldn't help myself lol, I use it all, I play with aging on and my sims have kids so eventually I will go through everything 😂, I'm currently wanting my teen to become a celebrity so I'm working on it, I have a sim in the science career, I have a vampire and witch household, I would say there's a couple I wish the sims team done a bit differently for example fitness stuff I wish they added 2 exercising equipment we don't have already and my first pet I wish it was all about small animals, I still enjoy those packs, I use my first pet stuff to decorate children and toddler rooms and I love the rodents and fitness stuff the cas & bb I love , so no regrets
  • SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,961 Member
    I don’t regret buying any of them including the kits. I own everything up to this point. I have my favorites, but every pack has added extra content I use.
  • LilMoonLilMoon Posts: 18 Member
    GTW/IL/RoM/Vampires.
    I tried to play a vampire court and got bored with them real quick. For me Spell Casters are cheats with extra steps, Aliens and Mermaids are major letdown.
    Occults in TS4 are not as fun as I expected but I don't regret buying them, as there are some good objects/worlds shipped with these packs.
    Lx0wdtT.png
  • UniqueKhaosUniqueKhaos Posts: 470 Member
    Not a single regret.
  • Sunflowergal227Sunflowergal227 Posts: 305 Member
    edited April 2021
    No regrets honestly. sure some EPs like get to work may require some playing around to see how they work. like i finally figured out the bust the dust kit!
    if i had Journey to Battu i'd probably not like it because i don;t like star wars. but again if you don't like it don't get it!
    Post edited by Sunflowergal227 on
    Favorite EP/SP
    Sims 2 (All EPs/SPs)
    Sims 3 Showtime
    Sims 3 Generations
    My Sims 3 profile page: https://mypage.thesims3.com/mypage/Sunflowergal227
  • MisslizardMisslizard Posts: 162 Member
    There is always something in the packs that I think I would love however the last few packs I haven't bothered buying because the things I wouldn't use ever outweighs the things I would use so it isn't worth spending the money on it. Journey to B I thought was stupid and everything since pretty much. The packs that I have that a regret buying? Knifty knitting doesn't get much in my game because i always forget about it. City living is ok, I do like the festivals but don't play too much in San M. The movie pack again doesn't get much time in my game....I don't regret buying them so say however I think instead of releasing new packs- Improve the game first. Buy I have finally learnt my lesson and am not spending anymore money on game packs that are useless.
  • SepiaSepia Posts: 101 Member
    If I could go back, I wouldn’t repurchase EcoLiving, Discover University, Cats and Dogs, or Get Famous.