Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

S4 BuildnShare Winners Circle

Comments

• AlJayAlJay Posts: 1,649 Member
    Thank you @BuildnShare :)
    Congratulations as well @AIRIS6962 Twins till next time :) Your entry for this months challenge looks amazing!!!
  • AIRIS6962AIRIS6962 Posts: 5,611 Member
    AlJay wrote: »
    Thank you @BuildnShare :)
    Congratulations as well @AIRIS6962 Twins till next time :) Your entry for this months challenge looks amazing!!!

Thank you so much, sweetie! :blush: Not more than yours!!! <3
  • AliSim19AliSim19 Posts: 443 Member
    Congrats to you both @AIRIS6962 & @AlJay - they were both awesome builds :)
    Thanks @AliSim19 :)
  • BuildnShareBuildnShare Posts: 4,061 Member
    edited April 2021
    fcuRqPI.png
    Starting Out Results - BnS 147 - Empty Nest

@DeanXeL
    BeOxlg1.png
    The mid-century home that you have designed for Robin and Wren is beautiful! The house has a very nice layout that the couple should find quite comfortable. The exterior finishes and textures work very well with the style of your build and the interior is nicely furnished as well. The sunroom is a special treat, the hanging plants were a very nice addition.

Suggestions: Adding a dining room table for some extra seating when the couple has guests would have been a nice feature. Some of the walls seemed a bit bare, adding some artwork would help with that.

@tatselk
    ScqZ7hU.jpg
    Nestlehut nook is a very nice double gallery house! The exterior colors that you have chosen give the house a nice cheery feeling and the couple will be sure to enjoy all the deck space that you have provided for them. The interior of the home has a nice classic look to it and it was nice to see that you added many skill building activities for the couple to enjoy.

Suggestions: One thing I noticed was that your curtains were bumping into your desk. Always remember to be careful when placing items, making sure that they are not cutting into each other.

@ellejoyner
    tJT0Zmg.png
    What a beautiful Victorian home for the Nestlehut couple. The wraparound deck and the Victorian tower give this house excellent curb appeal and you have done a wonderful job of the landscaping. The interior of the home is decorated very nicely. You have added so many nice little details throughout the home, giving it a very cozy feel.

Suggestions: Although I’m sure it was an intentional choice, adding some railing to the deck would have really made the exterior of the house stunning.

@LadyPepper
    tfdjx4A.png
    The house that you have built for the Nestlehut’s is so cute! It blends in with its surroundings very nicely and the siding and shingle choice is perfect for a warm climate. The flower beds are a nice touch as well. The interior of this home is nicely decorated. Your kitchen has a nice design and you have given the couple a very spacious bedroom. The hobby room is especially nice, having a game table and separation for the guest bed.

Suggestions: It would have been nice to see a living room or dining space other than just in the sun room.

@TrillianAstra042
    ZrUFEu7.png
    The design of your Canadian Pacific Northwest home for the Nestlehut’s is beautiful! The exterior compliments the wooded area well and the landscaping adds extra interest. The interior of the home is well done. The feature walls look great and you have been so very creative with the fireplace. You have added so many nice details to this house. The art on the walls really adds that extra special touch.

Suggestions: I don’t really have many suggestions, other than using the terrain paint. It can really add texture and dimension to your landscaping.

@sarabeth2984
    pqkoadW.png
    You have built Robin & Wren a beautiful home for Oasis Springs. The style of the home suits the world so nicely. The yard is decorated beautifully and it was nice that you thought to add a place for them to park their camper. The interior of the home has a very comfortable feel to it and the color scheme works well with the home. You have given the couple a very nice large open concept living space for them to enjoy and the hobby room is very well done.

Suggestions: Rather than placing the dining room table up against the wall, it would have looked very nice to have it in the open area beside it.

3gHHX7s.png
    And the winner is .... @TrillianAstra042
    Second place goes to .... @DeanXeL
    p4MZwBn.jpg

3gHHX7s.png

Sim Challenge

@ellejoyner
    1bsL9MX.png
    Robbie & Wren are a wonderful looking couple! Their outfits suit their personalities nicely. You can tell that Robbie still has that love of jazz and Wren takes great care in her appearance. You have done a nice job of creating the couple.

@TrillianAstra042
    q4wUYqc.png
    Robin and Wren are a delightful looking couple! The eclectic style that you have designed for them suits them so well. You can tell that Robin definitely does not like to over dress and I like all the color in Wren’s wardrobe. It looks like they are settling into their new home so nicely.

@sarabeth2984
    wGMBsRk.png
    Robin and Wren are a lovely looking couple! I love the backstory that you have created for this couple! Their farming background really shows through by the outfits that you have chosen for them and you have given such a nice description of the couple’s personalities and interests.

3gHHX7s.png
    And the winner is .... @sarabeth2984
    j2puicD.jpg

3gHHX7s.png

GArBA5W.jpg
  • PinkusfamilyPinkusfamily Posts: 587 Member
    @BuildnShare Did I miss the results for BnS 146 - The Bradley Bunch, Expert category ?

Thanks

Diane Pinkus
  • SimTresaSimTresa Posts: 3,210 Member
    @BuildnShare Did I miss the results for BnS 146 - The Bradley Bunch, Expert category ?

Thanks

Diane Pinkus

Thanks

Diane Pinkus

Those haven't been posted yet.
    image.png
  • SimTresaSimTresa Posts: 3,210 Member
    Congratulations to the winners!
    image.png
  • TrillianAstra042TrillianAstra042 Posts: 25 Member
    @BuildnShare Thank you, I’m very honoured and really appreciate the feedback! I’ve been kicking myself for forgetting the terrain paint, haha. The challenge was so much fun and I loved seeing everyone’s unique interpretations of the brief.

Congrats to all the winners!
    EVxjqb3.png
    Master Results - BnS 147 - Empty Nest

@AlJay
    c2wj2D6.png
    Cottage with a View is picture perfect in the heart of the beautiful countryside, a prime location for privacy, peace and quiet far away from any bustling city. Stunning views all around and the river offers plenty of fishing spots for enjoying retirement. Very pretty façade with natural colours and textures which blend in well with the surroundings. The flower beds are gorgeous and welcoming at the front of the porch. Great interior layout with all rooms easily accessible. The open plan concept of the living areas creates space and the earthy tones add to the cosy and homely feel. Love the country style kitchen with the sunny pops of yellow! I also really like the design of the bed head in the master room, very creative and all the pictures of family and farm are wonderful. The memory wall is a perfect reminder of times gone by.

Suggestions: This house is absolutely ideal for the couple. I love all the windows providing light in the sun room and I think the addition of lots of plants and pots in here would really enhance this space.

@AIRIS6962
    9sAQA5L.png
    The exterior of Bridgelands is absolutely stunning, you have chosen textures and tones which contrast beautifully together. The front window design makes a fantastic feature to the façade and the chimney really enhances the appearance. The abundance of plants and flowers surrounding the cottage are very pretty and welcoming. The rear garden looks a private, peaceful and quiet place to relax under the gorgeous arbor and when energy permits the garden planters are ideally situated for pottering. Great idea to keep everything on one floor for the elderly couple, it will make getting about easier. The open plan concept provides spaciousness and I love the soft pastel colour theme. Fantastic design of the bed area in the guest room and the shower arrangement in the bathroom is ingenious. You are extremely creative with moo!

Suggestions: Very difficult to find anything here but to add more interest to the cottage I would have used different floor textures in one or two of the rooms, perhaps the bathrooms, just to break up the stonework.
    3gHHX7s.png

And the winner is .... @AlJay

Jt0kRGo.png
    3gHHX7s.png

GArBA5W.jpg
  • ellejoynerellejoyner Posts: 25 Member
    Congrats to the winners of the Empty Nest build! Had such a great time :-D And thanks for the critique! I didn't even think to add a railing but what a good idea!

Thank you very much for your feedback @BuildnShare and Congrats to @AlJay !
    fcuRqPI.png
    Starting Out Results - BnS 148 - Spring Designer Showdown

@ellejoyner
    PoC1l7n.png
    You have done a very nice job updating the home for this challenge! The white exterior with the flower boxes gives the house a warm welcoming feel. You have done a nice job on the landscaping of this home as well, making good use of platforms. The rental unit has a nice open concept design and the window seating that you have created is just lovely. The rest of the home is decorated very nicely, you have used many nice clutter items to make the house look lived in. My personal favorite of this home is the master bathroom.

Suggestions: Some of the spaces seemed a bit bare, in the office area of rental unit. I would suggest even just adding a rug to fill the space. Also, it would have been nice to see overhead photos of each floor of your house. It helps give the judges a better idea of the layout of the home.

@LadyPepper
    Plw7jVz.png
    The house that you have designed looks wonderful! The way that you have adjusted the landscaping to work with the basement is great. The flowerbeds in the front yard give this home nice curb appeal and the backyard has a very nice design as well. The interior of your house is decorated nicely. The stone artwork on the walls worked so well with the style of the home and the cabinetry in the living room was a nice touch. The kids’ room was especially well done.

Suggestions: The dance hall seemed a bit empty. It would have been nice to have some seating around the edges or maybe some artwork on the walls to spruce it up a bit.

@VeeNomNom
    pNPemlt.png
    Wow! Very well done for only having one day to work on this house. The blue siding with the white windows and other exterior details that you have chosen look very nice together. The pops of red from the window planters add a nice touch as well. The interior of the home is designed well. Your color choices work well together and your home has such a warm and comfortable feel to it.

Suggestions: I understand that you didn’t have much time, but we always judge your entry by the slideshow that you present. The more we can see of your build, the better we will be able to judge it.

@ScholarSim
    r5HfKGO.jpg
    You have been so creative with this house! The roof design, the deck on the third level, and the patio blocks used for the landscaping are all wonderful additions. The way that you have landscaped this lot is very nice and you have done a great job of hiding that awkward hole by the edge of the house. The in-law suit is designed very nicely and has a good flow to it as does the rest of the home. The different colors and textures that you have used throughout the house work well together. You have added so many nice details to this home.

Suggestions: The roof on the upper deck didn’t seem to connect well with the rest of the house. I know roofs can be difficult, but I would suggest keeping it the same style as the roof behind it or you could have given it a fun curve like you did with the roof in the front of the house.

@ForeverTuesday
    NRQVzHD.png
    Your house looks very nice in Windenburg! The white and brick exterior suits the house nicely and it is great that you have used the bushes to hide the awkward gap around the edge of the house. Although there is not much space for a yard you have made good use of the space that is there. You have done a great job of creating a nice space for the family to enjoy in the home. All of the bright colors and play areas are wonderful to see. You have added so many nice details to this home. The custom headboard in the master bedroom was especially nice.

Suggestions: I don’t have much to suggest except maybe adding railing to your front steps.

@CBSSDH
    KPzcEC0.png
    You have done an excellent job in combining the city with the country on the design of this house. The casual landscaping is nicely done and it is nice that you added a pond for the family to enjoy. The interior of the home is well done. The beams, and the view overlooking the living room along with the plants add so much to this house. The pantry is a nice addition to the home and all the windows give this house a very nice open feel. Great job on all the little details of this house. The reading nook in the crawlspace was especially creative!

Suggestions: Some of the walls seemed a bit bare. Adding some artwork would have just given those rooms that extra pop.

3gHHX7s.png
    And the winner is .... @CBSSDH
    Second place goes to .... @ForeverTuesday

PAopAk0.jpg

3gHHX7s.png

GArBA5W.jpg
  • CBSSDHCBSSDH Posts: 20 Member
    Thank you! I always appreciate the feedback. I was going to add the artwork last, but then I sick and ended up rushing to complete it in the end :( But I will try not to have that problem next time haha
  • pammiechickpammiechick Posts: 12,262 Member
    edited May 2021
    Sorry...wrong area! 😝
    iTvMKZ8.jpg
  • ellejoynerellejoyner Posts: 25 Member
    Thanks for the feedback!! I was gonna add the overhead views but I just sadly ran out of time packing for vacation haha - next time for sure :-D
    EVxjqb3.png
    Master Results - BnS 149 - The Hawthorne Project XII

@AlJay
    bsW4fU9.png
    I am mightily impressed by how much you have packed in to ‘A Home for a Runaway’, a tiny 46 tile lot. This modern house has everything Elspeth could ever wish for! Great combination of exterior textures which blend and contrast well together and fit into the surroundings of Evergreen Harbor perfectly. The landscaping is spot on with lots of greenery as well as pops of colour and I love the paving design. The planters provide a neat and tidy appearance and the high fencing ensures privacy. Lovely patio and yoga by the pool looks very idyllic! Wonderful idea to use large windows which give lots of light and airiness to the interiors. The open plan design also helps make the interiors larger than they actually are. I really like how you’ve divided the areas using a different flooring for the kitchen as well as the counters and the study nook is so cute. The dark walls work well adding warmth and the beautiful artwork provides great character to the rooms.

Suggestions: This home is perfect in every way and I wouldn’t change one thing about it!

@AIRIS6962
    wwzX11a.png
    Stunning design to Aubergine Divine, a wonderful tiny starter home with a very unique and interesting façade. Great choice of fenestration and the trimmings used give lots of character to the build. Love the carport at the side, this really evens the house out nicely and the pathway design is perfect for this modern design. The high fencing provides lots of privacy to enjoy the peaceful patio and planters with home grown goodies. Very cute balconies which are put to good use for painting and chess. Lovely industrial vibe to the interiors and the soothing blue tones bring tranquility. I love how you’ve separated the living space from the kitchen with the table. Your use of moo is always spot on! I also really like the bathroom design with the raised platform for the shower. Going upstairs to the loft bedroom I’m very impressed how you’ve multi-tasked this area with the addition of a study nook, treadmill and guitar!

Suggestions: There seems a lot of the same brickwork inside this home which I feel could be enhanced by perhaps a painted or paneled wall here and there, maybe tiles in the bathroom.
    3gHHX7s.png

Jt0kRGo.png
    3gHHX7s.png

GArBA5W.jpg
    EVxjqb3.png
    Master Results - BnS 148 - Spring Designer Showdown

@AlJay
    W0Rx9Wv.png
    Wow… this home certainly looks 100% better than the original! Someone had fun making this run-down home, and I hope you had fun redeeming it!

The greys and blues throughout have a clean, modern feel. The back grill/deck area is a nice addition. I like the mud room and closet. The order, size, and content of the rooms would serve a family well. Love the open and angled stairwell/entryway! Creative and striking! I also find the front porch/exterior and design of the entry and garage entry to be creative and striking.

Suggestions: Were the unused, empty areas under the decks there for a reason of keeping to the half-wall rules? I was surprised that the area under the back deck/stair area had bushes inside it and no exposure to them – either to light or view? It seemed like an unusual use of the space. I would have liked to see a bit more landscaping (bushes, potted plants, clutter, garden, or flowers/trees) in the backyard. It feels a bit sterile for some reason I can’t fully put my finger on.
    3gHHX7s.png

Jt0kRGo.png
    3gHHX7s.png

GArBA5W.jpg
    Thank you @BuildnShare !
    @AIRIS6962 your house was so beautifully done!
    As for challenge 148, I removed the platforms because they were messing with the landscaping and was unsure whether I was allowed to make them usable space so I planted "weeds" lol! Thank you for your helpful suggestions.
    fcuRqPI.png
    Starting Out Results - BnS 149 - The Hawthorne Project XII

@DeanXeL
    xS2J7e3.png
    You have designed such a lovely and unique home for Elspeth. I am impressed that you were even able to add a pool with the tight budget! The black and white color scheme on the exterior looks very nice, especially with the different textures of brick. The roof adds such a nice flair to both the interior and exterior of the home. You have made great use of space and designed a nice layout for the interior of the home. Great idea to have Elspeth craft her own guitar. Overall, you have made a wonderful home for Elspeth!

Suggestions: I would suggest adding a rug or some curtains to the bedroom, it really would have made the room pop. I’m also unsure of the placement of the corner counter in the bathroom. It seems like it would have been better suited connected to both walls.

@LadyPepper
    eFMsWHJ.png
    The home you have created for Elspeth is such a beautiful and cozy home. The roof design adds a nice touch to the house and it is a great idea to have used the roof to create a covered patio for Elspeth to enjoy. The interior of the home is nicely decorated, you added just enough little touches to make the house feel like a home. The second level office/bedroom is a wonderful idea and a good use of space as well. You have done a very nice job on Elspeth’s home. She should feel very comfortable living here.

Suggestions: It would have been nice to see a little more landscaping, the backyard seemed a bit bare. Also, for safety reasons in real life I always like to see railing on the stairs.

@ForeverTuesday
    KBHms07.png
    Little Barn and Schoolhouse is a delightful home for Elspeth! You have been very creative making the home look like a barn and a trailer. You were able to pack so much into the home, using every bit of space and remembering every detail. You were even able to add a washer and dryer! You have made great use of all the free debug items, and have given the property such beautiful landscaping. The bonus school house is a great place for Elspeth to do online teaching, you have designed the layout well. Elspeth should be very pleased to call this home. Well done!

Suggestions: My only concern is the large oven in the kitchen. I feel that it would have been better placed up against a full wall.

3gHHX7s.png
    And the winner is .... @ForeverTuesday

tk1dhL0.png

3gHHX7s.png
    GArBA5W.jpg
    edited June 2021
    AlJay wrote: »
    Thank you @BuildnShare !
    @AIRIS6962 your house was so beautifully done!
    As for challenge 148, I removed the platforms because they were messing with the landscaping and was unsure whether I was allowed to make them usable space so I planted "weeds" lol! Thank you for your helpful suggestions.

Thank you so much, dear @AlJay !
    Congrats, my dear! Very well deserved!
    Your house got me very impressed because all the stuff you were able to add in such beautiful tiny home. A stunning work <3

Edit: I forgot to say thanks to @BuildnShare for their feedback! Thank you!
    About the same pattern in the walls or/and floor you can call me lazy or stubborn ( I am both LOL) Simply it´s that I thought that why was I to change to tiles if I had so beautiful bricks? I wanted to give some cohesion inside the building.

Post edited by AIRIS6962 on
    Thanks @AIRIS6962 :)
    edited June 2021
    bhaXpM1.png
    Expert Results - BnS 146 - The Bradley Bunch

@Alisim19
    pWs5A7M.png
    The exterior looks so much more bright with all the new changes. The brighter paint and new spandrels help add some life to the exterior. The little garden area out front is adorable. Nice idea to do some research on the styles used in New Orleans. You were able to fit so much into a small house and there is room for the whole family in each room! You also did a good job of adding lots of bright colors all throughout while also adding personal touches from the family.

Suggestions: Only thing I could think to suggest is maybe find a way to tie all the bright colors together so that it flows more instead of looking like random bright objects put together, however I know it can be hard to find a lot of matching items with the options in the game

@PINKUSFAMILY
    Nu3PaK8.jpg
    The new brick siding gives this home a nice calming feel while the new stained glass window gives a nice touch of color. I have seen the Brady Bunch before so I know the style you were going with, I believe the colors and style you chose for the main level match very well. Creative layout with the fireplaces and half walls in between the study and living room. The master bath looks like a luxury bathroom! Niec job expanding the house while leaving space for the yard.

Suggestions: The house looks nice but like it might be lacking in seats in some rooms. The family may not do everything together all the time but filling the empty space with more seats will help if they do decide to have a family function.

@Allears
    m5SyQZu.png
    The white exterior with blue trim makes the house bright and the window boxes of flowers help add a pop of soft color. The wraparound porch was a great idea for this location so the family can watch the steamboat pass by. The main floor looks very relaxing and looks nice together with the warm wood tones. Everything throughout the house flows nicely and matches very well.

Suggestions: Some spots of the house looked a little bare because of the tall walls. Placing art higher or more clutter lower might draw the attention away from the empty spaces along the ceiling of the room.

3gHHX7s.png
    And the winner is .... @Allears
    2nd Place goes to @alisim19
    3rd Place goes to @PINKUSFAMILY
    WAqWo9f.jpg

3gHHX7s.png
    Room Challenge

@x4m1r4
    2jOpzYq.png
    I like your explanation for using green for growth and calming. I am sure the maid appreciates the dresser being close to the door. The layout of the bedroom was nicely thought out and helps add privacy and personal touches for each boy while still giving them a shared study space. Childrens’ minds are always running crazy, all the decor goes well with this in giving them distractions or things to think about. This is a great room for three growing boys of all different ages!

3gHHX7s.png
    And the winner is .... @x4m1r4
    9BCQYHh.png

3gHHX7s.png
    Sim Challenge

@PINKUSFAMILY
    i81LpF8.png
    First off I enjoyed your new Brady Bunch lyrics. Good job in making each side of the family look similar in their looks. Giving both Dan and Agatha family oriented traits will help a lot with all the kids! I like that each member, while sometimes sharing traits, still have their own personalities. It will add a nice dynamic to the household but they all should still get along nicely. The Bradley Family looks like a beautiful and cheery family!

3gHHX7s.png
    And the winner is .... @PINKUSFAMILY
    Td7Tvzj.jpg

3gHHX7s.png

GArBA5W.jpg
    EVxjqb3.png
    Master Results - BnS 141 - A Small Family in Need

@Pronterus
    U7ezWel.png
    The landscaping around the house blends well with the neighborhood you chose. The exterior has a nice crisp modern feel. Nice use of the roof and some wall dividers to add a front porch area. The inside continues the modern theme well. The curtains on the walls and doorways help add a more comfortable feel to the home. The layout of the living area and the dining area looks so cozy. The bookcases on either side of the murphy bed in the den help the bed not stand out as much. The sun roof in the den is an excellent idea to let in more light!

Suggestions: I was a little unsure when I saw the laundry machines on the veranda. Maybe finding a spot inside and using that space for other activities or skill building would look a little more natural.

@Simming_Spoonie
    PWbOsi1.jpg
    Placing the fence around the lot was a good way to make a tiny house look bigger from the outside. The backyard, while small, still looks like a nice space to relax with the landscaping around the pool. Adding a little study/work area to the kitchen is a nice way to save on space. I like that the kids bedroom carries the same black and red colors as the main room but has its own pet theme. Reducing space from the living area so that the mom could have her own private bedroom will help her relax at the end of long days.

Suggestions: Switching up the wallpaper in different rooms will help add some definition between spaces and may help the house feel bigger from the inside as well.

@AlJay
    Z4zcOHr.png
    The shrubs around the house give it a nice homey feel. The backyard, while simple, looks perfect for entertaining the two of your sims or even a guest or two. The main room is laid out in a way that doesn’t make it feel as small as it really is. The white woods and blue tones help make it feel relaxing. Your use of space in the bedrooms also helps make the house feel bigger and more inviting. Having Olivia’s workspace in her bedroom will help her get some privacy when she needs to get to work.

Suggestions: Not much to suggest… maybe a fence or some shrubs around the backyard so that it is a little more closed off to just the house instead of the entire neighborhood.

3gHHX7s.png
    Jt0kRGo.png

3gHHX7s.png
    Sim Challenge

@Simming_Spoonie
    j3rs8AT.jpg
    The Weirs look like an adorable little family. I like that you had Francis wearing the same shirt a few times, adds to their struggling backstory. Finding Wilson would be the perfect surprise for little Francis and help make their family feel more full.

@AlJay
    uhcyB9F.png
    The Green Family is a cute little family! Some of Olivia’s outfits seem to match the story given in the challenge prompt but not too much to make her seem shabby. The similarities in the face between the two sims is a nice touch as well.

3gHHX7s.png
    And the winner is .... @Simming_Spoonie
    y57ILKY.jpg

3gHHX7s.png
    GArBA5W.jpg

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top