Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Which one of these is your favorite Sims game?

Comments

• StrawberryYogurtStrawberryYogurt Posts: 2,799 Member
    Sims 2
    Scobre wrote: »
    My absolute favorite. Still surprised and love to learn new things about it. Ive also never owned all the packs so buying one every now and then makes it exciting! I wish there was an up to date Sims 2. Ts4 graphic in my sims 2? Id give ea allll of my money
    Been trying. I would love for the Sims 1 and 2 to be playable on Steam. There are a lot of old games I played as a kid coming on Steam and Epic Store. I'm pretty excited about Kingdom Hearts coming on PC.

I really want TS1&TS2 on Steam too (and ts3 to have more sales!!) Ive got an old laptop so i can play ts2, but idk about ts1. Id love to be able to play it again.
    The Sims has currently lost its identity. Bring it back for TS5

FixedCoarseFawn-max-1mb.gif

Personality,depth,humor,consequences,lore,customization.
  • GenkiderGenkider Posts: 70 Member
    Sims 4
    I really like TS2 and it feels like it has more gameplay options than TS4 in some aspects BUT there are some pretty good additions to gameplay in TS4 that I can't part with: sentiments, multi-tasking, CAS, expanded occult gameplay, easier to use BB (to me at least) and many other things that I really missed when playing TS2.
    One thing that really bothers me about TS2 is how there's nothing around your house except for the road and endless patch of grass 😂 makes me feel like my sims are the only people living there.
  • DaepheneDaephene Posts: 1,760 Member
    Sims 2
    I've only played 1, 2 and 4. One was good for short periods, but it would get old when nothing ever changed. Aging in Sims 2 changed everything and made family play possible and the game became very addictive. I skipped 3 because I'm a rotational player and open world with story progression had no appeal for me, so I ended up playing 2 for 10 years. When my hard drive died and I lost all my saves for the 4th or 5th time in those 10 years, I treated myself to Sims 4. I think this was about the time Get Together came out.
    There were annoyance to Sims 2, and after playing it for so long I don't want to go back really because I had pretty much done everything I was ever likely to do. I like 4 well enough and especially the last 2 years It's been addictive also. But I'm still going to go with 2 as the favorite, with 4 second.
  • MonaveilMonaveil Posts: 652 Member
    edited March 2021
    Other (write a comment which one)
    For gameplay, my favorite is Sims 2. But I have to say that Sims 1 also had a lot of neat gameplay and had some great music. But I think I'd say Sims 2 was slightly better in many ways.

For graphics and music, my favorite is Sims 4. However, TS4 has lost the unique sense of humor and whimsy that earlier versions had. Gameplay seems to have taken a backseat to other issues. Things that get broken stay broken for far too long.
  • Nate_Whiplash1Nate_Whiplash1 Posts: 4,085 Member
    Sims 4
    I've never played anything other than TS4, so I have no point of reference
  • Erja888Erja888 Posts: 4,838 Member
    edited March 2021
    Sims 3
    # 1 TS 3: Open world and CAS were new and very good additions to the series. Walking or driving through town always made the game feel alive. I remember that I once paused the game when my rockstar Sim (Tina Greening) was giving autographs at the cinema. I looked around and I could name every single Sim due to their uniqueness (e.g. clothing pattern or highlights in their hair). And I also remember some great seasonal festivals at the central park. :) I also liked the introduction of traits. They made the Sims distinquished from each other. Through the store you were able to customize your game the way you wanted and I ♥ all the farm content (chicken, cow, horses). If the game would perform better and the Sims looked better, I'd still play it. (I only switched to 4 because the game was performing so badly I could hardly play.)

# 2 TS 2: It was great at the time, but after playing 3 and 4 there is just not enough customization/choice of different hair/clothing/make-up... without CC. However, the improvments it had (coming from the original TS) made the experience unique: Sims aging up, toddlers, teenagers and young adults as new life stages. Learning different things in life and passing some genetics to the na-na-na-na-new generation.

# 3 TS 4: After all these years it has been out, it grew on me. I especially like all the families that came with Get Together. We have tons of clothing/hairstyle/furniture options to make our Sims look/live unique and a lot of things we couldn't do in earlier iterations (skiing, playing all worlds in connection, celebrities that are not too obsessively followed by paparazzi, studying at uni from your home lot, visting the spa actively. New careers like critic, stylist, freelance jobs...).

# 4 TS: The original started it all! I can still remember the cake dancer, a date at a restaurant, visiting a café at Old Town or jumping through a hole in the ground to travel to a magic world... Oh nostalgia. However, I could not go back to this game as Sims don't age.
    I'd love to see a singing career in game, EA! You can't let the singing skill go to waste! My TS4 EPs: GTW, GT, CL, C&D, S, GF, IL, DU, EL, SE, CoL, HSY, GrT, HR, FR GPs: OR, SD, DO, V, P, JA, SV, RoM, DHD, MWS
  • Sunflowergal227Sunflowergal227 Posts: 305 Member
    Sims 2
    i like the sims 2, and all the bonus stuff that comes with it. However, i am taking a more of a liking to the sims 4. I like how toddlers learn alot more- however with the drawbacks of that it is easier if they gain a logic skill as a toddler. however, no bother. the sims 2 also is more fun because you get to build houses. i finally learnt how to build a 2-story level house that didn't cost much!
    Favorite EP/SP
    Sims 2 (All EPs/SPs)
    Sims 3 Showtime
    Sims 3 Generations
    My Sims 3 profile page: https://mypage.thesims3.com/mypage/Sunflowergal227
  • bookish_sammybookish_sammy Posts: 223 Member
    Sims 2
    Sims 2 is my favorite because the sims had personality. You can tell a lot of love and care went into that game. I loved that their traits made them respond differently to the world around them. It came out when I was 18, and I used to dedicate hours and hours to playing it. Sometimes, I would start playing the game Saturday afternoon and not close it until early Sunday morning. I loved all of the expansion packs, but my top favorites were Bon Voyage, Free Time, Seasons, Nightlife, and University.

I'm also quite sentimental about Sims 1. I adored all of the packs for that game as well, and I used to play it for hours and hours. Despite my criticism of Sims 4, I do like it as well. It has one of the best build modes we've ever had, and it is visually stunning. I just wish it had more depth of personality and offered more for sims to do (especially as groups). I also don't like that they've been adding more rabbit holes lately. That is the thing I hated most about Sims 3.
  • SweetieWright_84SweetieWright_84 Posts: 4,120 Member
    I never played TS1, and only played TS2 when Origin had the Ultimate Collection for free a few years ago. I came into the franchise with TS3 about a year before Supernatural was released, and I instantly fell in love. TS4 is the first game of the franchise I've played since release. I like each game for what they are. If I'm in the mood to play TS2, I play it. Each game has its strengths and weaknesses. However, if I had to choose, I would probably go with TS3 because it was my first introduction to the series. I do enjoy TS4 though and probably play it more. Yes it has flaws but I still enjoy it.
    Gallery ID: SweetieWright_84--Save File Thread--Youtube Channel
  • BastetBastet Posts: 56 Member
    Sims Medieval is my #1. Oh, the sweet joy of feeding peteran heretics to the pit monster and throwing eggs at peasants in stocks o:) Other games could never <3
  • thenightcourtthenightcourt Posts: 173 Member
    edited March 2021
    Sims 3
    Can’t play 3 anymore because I lost the discs and refuse to buy it again, but if I could I’d definitely still play it.
    Never forgive, always forget.
  • SallycutecatSallycutecat Posts: 269 Member
    Sims 4
    Sims 4 allows me to do what I want, has the nicest graphics, runs smoothly, and is an easy game to play. I can easily manage their needs, job, skills, and still have time to have them pursue fun activities without cheats. It also has some of the best packs in the entire franchise. My favourite ones are Island Living and Snowy Escape.

While Sims 4 is my favourite I also really enjoyed Sims Castaway. They are 2 very different games and if they were to remake Castaway I would probably spend equal time on both.

Out of the Sims games I've played my ranking goes:
    1. Sims 4
    2. Sims Castaway
    3. Sims 1
    4. Sims 3
    5. Sims 2
    Please check out my YouTube Channel. I cover features from The Sims 4 game.
    https://youtube.com/channel/UCaj9o4hycNSPy8U1Ip0OCFA/videos
  • CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    Sims 2
    I'm pretty sure it's going to be The Sims 2 forever for me. lol No other game seems to bring the gameplay this version had. And though I liked a lot about TS3 and TS4, it is the last sandbox without a moodlet and buff system. A true sandbox without so many RPG flavors as the main system.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • SimAlexandriaSimAlexandria Posts: 4,845 Member
    Sims 4
    Sims 4.
  • fruitsbasket101fruitsbasket101 Posts: 1,530 Member
    Sims 3
    Sims 3 only because its the one I currently play the most. Sims 2 for console is a very close second though and sims bustin out and the urbz are not far behind.
    Have a super fantastic awesome splendid amazing day! -TheQxxn
  • GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,290 Member
    edited March 2021
    Sims 4
    I used to say the Sims2, which is the game I first got 'initiated' with. But, unfortunately, unless you play with aging off you don't get much time with your Sims. Certainly, it's hard to have the Toddlers achieve much. So, that's what I did. I would only turn it back on when I was ready for the Toddler to age up. Then I went right back to the off position. And so on and so forth.

I had a love/hate relationship with Sims3. I loved the open world, the ability to make the wood match and most of all, the different age choices! I played on Epic and then tweaked each age-stage to suit my needs. (I so hoped we'd get this option in Sims4, too.) But, I needed 20+ mods from NRaas, Ind. just to make the game more stable. And I play on a gaming rig!

However, with Parenthood (and the Toddlers we got with all those options) and the Values from Parenthood to help teach them and guide them into adulthood, I am much more satisfied with Sims4, despite the very few options on just how long our Sims can exist (barring any unforeseen incidents, that is). I play on Long and use mods to fill in some gaps and to add variety to the gameplay. I'm very satisfied. The CAS is far superior, too. While the Sims, themselves, are not quite as quirky and funny as they were in Sims2, they are far and wide more fun to play than the Sims, in Sims3. I have most of the packs, too. I think I'm only lacking five, at best. But, I love the mods I use. My Rock Star is back in full swing and has six children. I love this game.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Randie_ReignsRandie_Reigns Posts: 59 Member
    Sims 2
    If Sims 5 was an updated version of Sims 2, I would be in heaven! Sims 2 with Sims 4 graphics, CAS and building system. I'm good. Add in an open neighborhood, lifespan sliders from 3, maybe a toned down version of the color wheel ... OMG!

I loved the animations. Detailed. Funny. Personalities were truly unique. I loved how they broke the fourth wall and looked at you. This was a true escape from reality that made you smile no matter how bad your day was.
  • LogicallyironicLogicallyironic Posts: 137 Member
    Sims 2
    I mean it's pretty simple. I get bored with The Sims 4 after i'm done building. I've never been able to overcome the Sims 3 performance issues. The Sims 1 is an incredible start to an incredible series, but aside from the heart and charm it's obviously limited.

So Sims 2! I can spend hours playing it without getting bored because theres so much detail and there's just enough unpredictability.
  • luxsylvanluxsylvan Posts: 1,922 Member
    Sims 2
    TS1 for originality, TS2 for gameplay, TS4 for CAS, Medieval for adventure. TS3 and I have a tumultuous relationship since it got corrupted on me and my saves were ruined 🙃 TS2 is my overall favorite because it is the most well rounded game for me.
  • thatpinkcoconutthatpinkcoconut Posts: 187 Member
    Sims 4
    Ironically, everything has been working out pretty well for TS4. I have all the packs btw. I feel it'll get decent or at least above-average by the end of its cycle.
  • Sorak4Sorak4 Posts: 3,934 Member
    edited March 2021
    Sims 2
    The Sims 2 does everything 1 does, but better, (except magic town admittedly) plus it has Bigfoot. So it gets my votes. I just can't get into how PG 4 feels. And while 3 is fun, wow is it still too laggy even on a high-end system to play for too long
    L9q8VGi.png
  • kokoro80kokoro80 Posts: 651 Member
    Sims 4
    Sims 4 but Sims 2 is a close second
  • Ersa_MiddletonErsa_Middleton Posts: 697 Member
    Sims 4 is the only game I've played in the Sims series. If you were to ask me which of the SimCity games is my favorite, that is undoubtedly SimCity 2000.
  • OldeseadoggeOldeseadogge Posts: 4,973 Member
    Sims 2
    2, with 1 & 3 essentially tied for 2nd place. For me, this is a no-brainer, like asking someone from Boston if they're a Red Sox fan. And I remember the days when Ted Williams owned left field.
  • Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    Sims 2
    Genkider wrote: »
    I really like TS2 and it feels like it has more gameplay options than TS4 in some aspects BUT there are some pretty good additions to gameplay in TS4 that I can't part with: sentiments, multi-tasking, CAS, expanded occult gameplay, easier to use BB (to me at least) and many other things that I really missed when playing TS2.
    One thing that really bothers me about TS2 is how there's nothing around your house except for the road and endless patch of grass 😂 makes me feel like my sims are the only people living there.

That was changed with Apartment Life. You can turn on viewing the rest of the neighborhood in the options.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1