Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Things you didn't know!

Comments

• Options
    Hearts4uHearts4u Posts: 1,775 Member

I didn't know that if a Sim is sleeping on one side of the bed and you click for them to sleep on the other side of the bed--they just wake up and move to the other side without getting out of the bed. Discovered this by accident because he was sleeping on his wife's side of the bed.

There are so many little things to discover about the Sims 4. Thank goodness for this thread.
    Moving-to-other-side-of-bed.jpg
    Origin ID: littlebonnieblue
  • Options
    Akl500PAkl500P Posts: 2,986 Member
    Did you know if you have a couple sit together and watch a movie they can cuddle while watching the movie? It’s an actually option you can click and they will cuddle till the movie is over. It’s really sweet.
  • Options
    calaprfycalaprfy Posts: 3,927 Member
    Handel wrote: »
    Here's a general tip. There is the Other Sims section in the Friendly options. You can use it to talk up people the Sim knows in order to establish friendships. Good for say, getting that celebrity to acknowledge other members of the family. Or getting that reclusive loner some friends!

This requires Get Together. I use it all the time to, well, get sims together!
  • Options
    Mstybl95Mstybl95 Posts: 5,883 Member
    Akl500P wrote: »
    Did you know if you have a couple sit together and watch a movie they can cuddle while watching the movie? It’s an actually option you can click and they will cuddle till the movie is over. It’s really sweet.

But first, how do you get them to sit down together? My sims just stand watching the movie, even when I tell them to sit, they just stand back up.
  • Options
    telemwilltelemwill Posts: 1,752 Member
    Akl500P wrote: »

I love the couch options! They can also make out during the movie.
  • Options
    manicobsessivemanicobsessive Posts: 1,111 Member
    I didn’t discover this in game, I just now learned it on Twitter and my life is forever changed. People need to know about this...

:o:o:o Mind Blown. I needed to know this so bad!
  • Options
    Admiral8QAdmiral8Q Posts: 3,326 Member

I didn't know until testing, that you can have a ladder going through a glass floor.
    (Makes sense since ladders and stairs go through floors/ceilings normally)
    Good to know since having the ladders at the edge wall for some reason 'conflicted with the roof'.
    FSAfEUO.png
    Reticulating Splines...
    9ODVlJh.png

• Options
    Coka1oveCoka1ove Posts: 1 New Member
    Oh, this information is interesting. Thanks for telling us!
  • Options
    GrumpyGlowfishGrumpyGlowfish Posts: 2,208 Member
    With the ladders from Island Living, sims can jump into the water from great heights, without ever breaking the animation.

sprungaushchsterhhe2fjq3.jpg
  • Options
    PastelMermaidPastelMermaid Posts: 1,298 Member
    I didn’t discover this in game, I just now learned it on Twitter and my life is forever changed. People need to know about this...

:o:o:o Mind Blown. I needed to know this so bad!

i haven't seen this on my game, do you need to wait a bit or do it right away?
    tumblr_nvqukkenkr1udwsc5o7_250.gif

"wahoo" - aquaman
  • Options
    mightyspritemightysprite Posts: 5,882 Member
    The fixer-bots can get electrocuted while repairing electronics!!!

I wish I had been quick enough to get a screenshot. Poor fixer-bot looked quite rattled.

• Options

Food fight anyone?
    Plan-to-start-a-food-fight.jpg
  • Options
    TheBristolSimmerTheBristolSimmer Posts: 705 Member
    So my Sim had her boyfriend as a roommate, they got into an argument and broke up without any of my direction! I had no idea Sims could do this, and I think its brilliant. I wish more things like this happened in game, other sims asking you out, proposing without being told to. Asking to move in with eachother etc. xoxo
    The Bristol Simmer||Find my builds and legacy updates on the gallery! Have a happy day!

68OUgVc.jpg
  • Options
    edited March 2021
    If you visit a sim and they have dust bunnies, you get any money they generate and ask them for valuables.

Post edited by calaprfy on
  • Options
    texxx78texxx78 Posts: 5,657 Member
    edited March 2021
    Having Guildy around is like having a maid but cheaper :lol: he cleans the floor, washes dishes, take the garbage out...
  • Options
    mlnov39mlnov39 Posts: 2,294 Member
    Maybe I'm late to the game, and I've been playing since Sims 2 ;)
    but I didn't know they could play at the kitchen table.
    mTVMlvY.png
    tqhehCa.png
  • Options
    grassharpgrassharp Posts: 70 Member
    mlnov39 wrote: »
    It's probably been mentioned before, but yesterday while playing I noticed the laptop in my Sims house was broken. I was about to call the repair person when some guy came to the door and offered to fix it for my sim. My sim invited him in and he went straight upstairs and repaired the computer, no charge, like a nice neighbor.

Sure, it sounds sweet and neighborly until you wonder how he knew. :open_mouth:

• Options
    mlnov39mlnov39 Posts: 2,294 Member
    grassharp wrote: »
    mlnov39 wrote: »
    It's probably been mentioned before, but yesterday while playing I noticed the laptop in my Sims house was broken. I was about to call the repair person when some guy came to the door and offered to fix it for my sim. My sim invited him in and he went straight upstairs and repaired the computer, no charge, like a nice neighbor.

Sure, it sounds sweet and neighborly until you wonder how he knew. :open_mouth:

:o:D
  • Options
    mightyspritemightysprite Posts: 5,882 Member
    A fixer-bot can autonomously come along and fix another bot if the broken bot is sitting on the workstation

bot-fixes-bot.png

"Don't worry, buddy! I've got you!"
    :)

• Options
    Do you hate dust bunnies appearing all over your sim's home? Have an inaccessible loft and it will become dusty. Eventually the three dust bunnies that the game allows will congregate in the loft, leaving the rest of the lot dust bunny-free.
  • Options
    BookBearBookBear Posts: 488 Member
    calaprfy wrote: »
    Do you hate dust bunnies appearing all over your sim's home? Have an inaccessible loft and it will become dusty. Eventually the three dust bunnies that the game allows will congregate in the loft, leaving the rest of the lot dust bunny-free.

I believe a forum user did this, and then the dust bunnies made a fire that they couldn't put out.
    Offering free hugs for your time of need.
    8763f1fcdeee963323782673c8c95eee.gif
  • Options
    Pamtastic72Pamtastic72 Posts: 4,545 Member
    BookBear wrote: »

I believe a forum user did this, and then the dust bunnies made a fire that they couldn't put out.

This is true. It wasn’t me, but I commented on the thread they made about it.
  • Options

At the night club. I didn't know that Sims will drink on the toilet.
    Drinking-on-the-Toilet.jpg
  • Options
    Evee95Evee95 Posts: 66 Member
    BookBear wrote: »

YES IT WAS I! beware of the bunnies @calaprfy dont make my mistakes. If anything make sure u have the sprinkler system to put the fires out before they start spreading!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top