Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Let's Find Those Trait Improvements

Comments

• WelshyWelshy Posts: 43 Member
    edited March 2021
    You guys are too cheerful 😂😂😂 nearly all of my sims are mean evil jealous insane argumentative slobs😂😂
    I'm waiting to hear about jealous sims lol

I had a sim with the jealous trait who went for a jog, came into the kitchen and saw her husband talking to the neighbour and got jealous (a negative buffer and she kind of glared at them for a moment) which was nice to see that kind of reaction that seemed natural. But the husband is a hot head and seems to get angry at the drop of a hat, especially in the morning, so I hope that becomes a little more natural otherwise it’ll be too perma-angry
  • WelshyWelshy Posts: 43 Member
    I noticed my active sim got out of the shower, before even getting clean and after working out, to go and do push ups on the bathroom floor in the gym..

I’m a bodybuilder irl and even I think that’s excessive.
  • FinvolaFinvola Posts: 1,041 Member
    I haven't noticed anything different with Good or Perfectionists. In fact, my Good sim easily befriended the Mean, Evil, Hates Children sim. Their buffs were the same as they were before when interacting with Good vs. Evil. I didn't notice anything with my Perfectionist either. She also happens to be Neat. Apart from cleaning, the only other positive buff she had was that she was happy to be near another Snob like herself. I didn't see any special interactions or anything with regards to Perfectionist. I wish I could have had more feedback, but it seems there isn't much of a change with the two other traits I tested in the group house.
  • lanlynlanlyn Posts: 5,011 Member
    I think adding more trait actions or increasing the instances of existing actions is a positive. What I plan to do, though, if I see any obsessions forming, is direct sims to do other things or create choices to help them balance their behaviors. I've noticed that the more a sim does something, the more ingrained it becomes--or at least that's what it seems like to me. 🤔

Bonehilda was summoned and immediately ran outside to scour the grill. Over and over again. Apparently she had nothing else to do. :/
    y4mgQl32sUHKRKvlT8T5ZZiLujXmSeUSGMUH4H6JZsAYdVueF9ilN4bJn1c4ya1mMFtjwRv79q3Ff9T0vYjbNKhEilhkbFTbMs3WMGvpJf2e1ezveIJvoprTYNF-sRKO0ImeULSTpuCJqnOEs09z41vakl8eB3wDdvbz6PfjI9kBxgqJB4DlnTTsQaD6CcayHnQ?width=1920&height=1080&cropmode=none
    So I had one of my sims start a load of laundry, and Bonehilda finally left the grill and took over laundry duty. ;)
    y4mIfhKXzlHZwyDg14TShY9Gx1S_PpyAcKP7y-WjdpCP0J0lElSIHdD8J7h0kOtlLMySpC2GMTiO_P9X5o4Z9mXc-4mGzQcVywCYegz-BlSvNh1Z7g12EX7tz7jKO123YOC9silLFVHzehUc7G3ApnLvGMKHZeDvgtDMbxVhZjADCJ-q26FhV9UhIedoSKchSnb?width=1920&height=1080&cropmode=none
    Unfortunately when the laundry was done, she ran back to her precious grill. :s
    y4mT1CglHhXhXTYdm1dyKkEEFymT4kWFOAjoXlVtyNtCU7NeTxXllrhjrMBhciJsW5fUarmvYvUzmyU9lGRqysRINYF8WTL4T4Xvn6Pcgy1D7jEG_zseG4aWD6bjG_gxFyyH59tTolvbAZx4ImQMdXP5vR1j-h9jvAt9LkQ3hLNjfj4Nvjrg1CgPoFUwYzRQgjC?width=1920&height=1080&cropmode=none
    y4mplNEhZ5iq4WAMGlJ3pc4YwL7zApfjs6FoKrsh_I-lPO5NjZ0Qw0HQj8Ze6v0xllAxc1VzvZ_80ALRF3KMmVL34itHTkimj1mxcDmoFNNFJA7eFOg11OhIvfjeXxr8abBMYuFs806I2bWY93K4EpVqoBqma6BQLbmc2iYdhK6-bzHhBwh6gf4JRk9wPZTZfbO?width=1920&height=1080&cropmode=none
    The next time Bonehilda's summoned, I'll have my sims chat with her. And I'll let one of them get real hungry so maybe Bonehilda will create food again. I might even let a dust bunny escape on one of the floors for Bonehilda to hunt down! :D
  • simm621simm621 Posts: 1,037 Member
    I am seeing a lot of sims carrying books around, I am guessing they are bookworms.
    Sims-4-Screenshot-2021-03-26-21-43-31-77.png
    Gallery ID: wiccanwonder
  • mustenimusteni Posts: 5,405 Member
    musteni wrote: »
    I have played with my jealous sim and I feel that he is getting jealous less. He used to get jealous while he was at work or while he was at home and his wife was away or just from being in different parts of the house. Now it seems to take longer time for him to get jealous from not seeing his wife. On the other hand he got jealous pangs from every interaction that his wife did with a sim that was visiting. I can't remember if it worked like this, but it felt more agressive to me.

I was wondering if it's just me....... I could swear jealousy was toned down......🤨

Yep I definitely felt that way, but wanted to hear other opinions. Jealous was more like regular trait and not like this really obsessive one that I had gotten used to. It's weird that they would tone down one trait, but then again it was rather over the top.
  • TTNsimmerTTNsimmer Posts: 669 Member
    Jealous trait is much more fun to play now. They toned down the constant tense buff. Now every time my sim sees her boyfriend speaking to someone else she is getting angry or unconfortable. This has actually created tension between them.
  • haisinhaisin Posts: 948 Member
    edited March 2021
    Gloomy sims get inspired by ghosts. Is this new or old?

DtXzvm7.png
    The moodlet fades away when they aren't near a ghost anymore. It seems to happen with all ghosts, not just Guidry.
  • EgonVMEgonVM Posts: 4,935 Member
    haisin wrote: »
    Gloomy sims get inspired by ghosts. Is this new or old?

DtXzvm7.png
    The moodlet fades away when they aren't near a ghost anymore. It seems to happen with all ghosts, not just Guidry.

That is new.
  • Nekia33painterNekia33painter Posts: 336 Member
    Traits lack a lot of nuance and most of the time they end up going into extremes. There needs to be some sort of tuning so players can decided how neat, hothead and clumsy sims are. Other wise they end all being the same. Not every sim who is jealous needs to get tense every time their away from their partner. You'd think my hothead who is also family oriented would have some sort of reaction when he breaks his daughter's doll house and she becomes sad. His wife who is a neat, perfectionist should react to the damage he cause. Either by telling him off or fixing it herself. Maybe I should make a thread about how the traits could play off each other.
    Carl's Sim Guides made a video showing trait improvements. There's a lot of new info that hasn't gone through this thread.
    https://youtu.be/v30EHIgVmJI
    edited March 2021
    Looking at this thread and Carls' video there appears to be one trait we've found nothing new about: noncommittal. I have played two noncommittal sims for maybe a sim week each and the trait did barely anything. One of them got tense because of work and it repeated. They're both in a relationship, one has kids with his girlfriend and the other one is married.

Edit: Oh I completely forgot I've seen reports of noncommittal sims not wanting to try a baby. Oh my I'm planning my noncommittal sim to have babies :joy: I hope it will work out if he initiates.
    edited March 2021
    Looking at this thread and Carls' video there appears to be one trait we've found nothing new about: noncommittal. I have played two noncommittal sims for maybe a sim week each and the trait did barely anything. One of them got tense because of work and it repeated. They're both in a relationship, one has kids with his girlfriend and the other one is married.

Edit: Oh I completely forgot I've seen reports of noncommittal sims not wanting to try a baby. Oh my I'm planning my noncommittal sim to have babies :joy: I hope it will work out if he initiates.

Good catch!

You know, I have an idea. As there are also changes to reactions according to Carl's video, perhaps get two more sims and have them get married. Make sure these noncommittal sims attend the wedding and see how they react.
    Are you willing to do that or sould I do that?
    EgonVM wrote: »

Good catch!

You know, I have an idea. As there are also changes to reactions according to Carl's video, perhaps get two more sims and have them get married. Make sure these noncommittal sims attend the wedding and see how they react.

I could test further noncommittal sim's reaction to trying to have babies. I haven't seen anyone post if they get a moodlet from it (also if they still refuse when they're married). I could also test reaction to a proposal with my other couple... although last time I tried to marry them the one who isn't noncommittal refused, so I probably wasn't doing a very good job. I'll try to do better :smiley: If you don't mind doing the wedding reaction test I'll rather leave that to you.
    Trying to have babies didn't work out, even when they were married the noncommittal sim refused. They both got awkward socialization moodlets from it. Their relationship isn't maxed because Amy Lee accidentally drank from Royce. Not sure if it would work with full relationship bars.
    kgMrRyP.png

I managed to get the noncommittal sim to accept the proposal. Proposed when the conversation was amorous and their bars near full. He got a positive moodlet from it. I think this works like before, but I noticed something else while playing them. My noncommittal sim reacted badly to professing undying love. They both got embarrassed moodlets and he started to discuss about fear of commitment as a reaction to it. Not sure if it's new?
    rgsdmcY.png
    edited March 2021

Good catch!

I could test further noncommittal sim's reaction to trying to have babies. I haven't seen anyone post if they get a moodlet from it (also if they still refuse when they're married). I could also test reaction to a proposal with my other couple... although last time I tried to marry them the one who isn't noncommittal refused, so I probably wasn't doing a very good job. I'll try to do better :smiley: If you don't mind doing the wedding reaction test I'll rather leave that to you.

Ok. I'll test it out and report the results. Good luck with your thing!
  • texxx78texxx78 Posts: 5,657 Member
    I have been noticing a lot of different reactions to conversations that im sure didn't used to happen so often. For instance my geek sim got embarassed when he was talking about videogames with my dancing machine sim, while this sim got bored.
  • LazzialLazzial Posts: 159 Member
    edited March 2021
    I created a sim in vanilla game today with the neat and goofball traits. This sim lives alone and I have to say if you want a sim with an IQ in the negative numbers pick these 2 traits together. Entertaining for a bit, but I'd rather have smarter sims that don't set themselves up for disappointment and misery every single day.

One thing I noticed is that they really didn't clean much more than any other sim, however when a visiting sim with the neat trait came over to the house that's all they would do.

I finally stopped repairing the toilet. Since they don't do it autonomously they are now taking a lot more baths than usual. Brilliant.
    Post edited by Lazzial on

Good catch!

Ok. I'll test it out and report the results. Good luck with your thing!

I'm back! And the results are... disappointing.

No special reactions. Nothing special. Though I did notice some things.
    • Noncommital sims need higher relationship to get engaged. Like soulmate high. Sims without that trait needed lower relationship.
    • If the proposal is rejected because it's too early, even noncommital sims push the ring back. However, if it's not "early" anymore, they still slap the ring out of proposer's hand.
    • After successful proposal, my noncommital sims got "Deeply connected" sentiment while sims without it got "Deeply in Love".

Slapping the ring out of hand to reject a proposal has been there before. Perhaps I could look more into that sentiment difference or so, but it seems like changes aren't hidden there.
    About the sentiments after proposal. Both of my sims got deeply in love. There could be some randomness?
  • texxx78texxx78 Posts: 5,657 Member
    About the sentiments after proposal. Both of my sims got deeply in love. There could be some randomness?

Sometimes they get deeply in love or both sentiments or none. And sometimes one sim gets one of this sentiments while the other gets none, or a different one...
  • calaprfycalaprfy Posts: 3,927 Member
    I've yet to see a mean sim be mean. I hope that trait has not vanished from my game like mud puddles did.
  • invisiblgirlinvisiblgirl Posts: 1,709 Member
    This thread is helpful - I hadn't noticed any changes in my bookworm or neat Sims, but that's partly because I never play with autonomy on. Also, I didn't realise that some of the interactions were new, such as the 'Solve Hard Problems', 'Clean to Perfection' and the ability to clean things that the non-neat Sims could not clean. I thought the changes to 'neat' were due to the Dust kit. (Though, I did notice that only my neat Sim had these options.)

Also, now that I see some of the other new interactions, I think the ability to 'study' a non-fiction book is a new interaction for bookworms. (This is different from 'analyse', and it's only available for certain books: non-fiction are the only ones I've noted, but there might be other types, such as homework or textbooks, that also allow this interaction.)

Off-topic, but I also noticed that the 'energetic' moodlet for Sims who get the 'Active' lifestyle seems a bit toned down. That lifestyle was highly annoying, since all my Sims start their day with a yoga session designed to get them in the right moodlet for their day: if they're going to be doing something that requires focus, they do the focusing routine, and likewise for creativity. Since they do yoga every day, they were all ending up with the 'Active' lifestyle, and the energetic moodlet would wipe out the focused or inspired mood I wanted. They still get 'energetic', but I can get them back on track with a focusing or inspiring interaction.

I love the 'look on the brightside' interaction for cheerful Sims - I'll have to try that (no cheerful Sims in my house atm). And cheerful Sims annoying other Sims is a rather realistic touch, too.
    I just want things to match. :'(
    I went back to try for baby with Amy Lee and Royce (noncommittal). With full relationship bars Royce still refused, so it seems impossible to have a baby with a noncommittal sim without controlling them. It worked just fine when he suggested trying for baby. He also seemed happy about the baby.
  • calaprfycalaprfy Posts: 3,927 Member
    @musteni Did Royce get the whim to try for baby though?

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top