Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Agree or Disagree? Assumptions /opinions across the franchise.

StrawberryYogurtStrawberryYogurt Posts: 2,799 Member
Hopefully this makes sense and the thread turns out well :lol:

Make an assumption/opinion/statement about the games across the franchise.

The next user says agree or disagree and explains why they feel that way. Then you make another statement yourself.
Example:

User1: Sims 1 has the best soundtrack.

User2: disagree! Sims 4 soundtrack is the best! Its more my type. Sims 4 has the best CAS.

User 3: disagree! TS1 is even better. Can even upload your own image! TS3 has the best pets.

Etc.

Rules: you must say agree or disagree and provide a brief explanation. Keep it civil! And leave a true/false statement.
The Sims has currently lost its identity. Bring it back for TS5

FixedCoarseFawn-max-1mb.gif

Personality,depth,humor,consequences,lore,customization.

Comments

• StrawberryYogurtStrawberryYogurt Posts: 2,799 Member
    I will start:

Sims 4 players prioritize freedom over challenge.
    Agree or disagree?

• NationalPokedexNationalPokedex Posts: 829 Member
    edited March 2021
    Agree.

I'm mostly assuming that you mean gameplay freedom and challenge (as opposed to say Build mode, where there is less freedom in TS4 than in previous games -- not being able to edit or create worlds, for example).

I think some TS4 players value freedom over challenge because I've read a lot of posts here on the forums where people like that there are not Wants/Fears, Attraction systems, lasting consequences, etc. in the game. All of these systems would, in previous games, create challenges for Sims and for players. For example, an Attraction system meant interacting with Sims and their opinions on attraction with regards to other Sims. If Sims were not attracted to another Sim that a player had in mind as a pairing, then it becomes more difficult to get these two Sims together because the challenge of the Attraction system has to be overcome. This is not to say that it is actually very difficult to get two Sims who aren't attracted to one another together, and it's not to say that these two Sims will never end up together. It just takes some work to get them to the point of wanting to be together. These players don't want to have to go through the bother of working through all of that. Not having the Attractive system removes the challenge and gives them the freedom to do whatever they want without the challenge. They do not want the game to challenge them by telling them that what they're doing is wrong, because in their minds, they decide what is right or wrong. TS4 does not have many systems in place that exhibit consequences, so this works for them.

There should be more options for tattoos and piercings in CAS. Agree or Disagree?

• MMXMMX Posts: 4,426 Member
    Definitely agree.

There should be a static gender preference system in TS4 instead of the ‘dynamic’ one used in-game. Agree or disagree?
    9d1z2m12k175.png
  • LogicallyironicLogicallyironic Posts: 137 Member
    I agree to an extent. I feel like there should be an option to change it between dynamic and static? Because if static, I'm assuming most sims would be randomized including the player's households. I can see why some players would like the freedom to influence their own sim's gender preference.

There should be CAS options to represent disabilities. Hearing aids, prosthetics, etc. A/D?
  • Sunflowergal227Sunflowergal227 Posts: 305 Member
    Agree!
    i agree because i wear hearing aids in real life and it would be cool for a sim to have that too. Even add the hearing aid to elders who may need it.
    The sims 2 is the best in the franchise.
    Favorite EP/SP
    Sims 2 (All EPs/SPs)
    Sims 3 Showtime
    Sims 3 Generations
    My Sims 3 profile page: https://mypage.thesims3.com/mypage/Sunflowergal227
  • ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    edited March 2021
    I agree, the Sims 2 is my favorite of the franchise. Babies being objects don't qualify them as a real life stage. Agree or disagree?
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • PlayerSinger2010PlayerSinger2010 Posts: 3,267 Member
    Agree. To be honest, the "free babies" in 2 and 3 weren't all that great. At least in 4 I know where the kid is at all times...

It was frustrating to be stuck in one world (WITHOUT MODS OR THE VACATION WORLDS) in TS3. Agree or disagree?
  • texxx78texxx78 Posts: 5,657 Member
    edited March 2021
    Agree. I prefer smaller but different worlds available for travelling all the time.

Sims fighting and instantly being happy right after the fight takes away part of how life really is.
  • CAPTAIN_NXR7CAPTAIN_NXR7 Posts: 4,451 Member
    I Agree to an extend. It depends on the fight. I also believe a sim’s happiness should be determined by what kind of personality they have and their relationship and history with the other sim. I can imagine certain sims feeling invigorated after a fight, but another feels insecure, sad or angry and needs time to reflect before they can feel happy again.

It’s OK for a new Sims title to explore and produce content based on different and “never done before” themes before adding similar and popular content offered in previous iterations.
  • NationalPokedexNationalPokedex Posts: 829 Member
    Agree.

I will say agree as my concrete answer for the sake of the game, but honestly my thoughts or more nuanced than that.

I’m assuming when you say theme you are meaning weather and university as themes, just as much as you mean occults or pets or bowling or journeying to Batuu, etc are themes.

Personally, I think some themes are really systems that should be in the game early on. Maybe not at launch but within the early stages of the game’s post launch lifespan. Systems like weather and calendars and university and owning businesses feel like things that should come early so that the foundation is in place for thematic content like bowling or toddler stuff or backyard stuff, which are things that I view as confetti. If you as the developer are saying these are the mechanics of the life sim that we envision a life sim to be, then in my mind, you add those mechanics early and not five years into the game’s life. I’m not saying university HAS to be in the game, for example. I’m saying that if you are making a life sim game and you’re saying that university is a core component of your life sim game, then you should add that early because it’s, in your eyes, fundamental to the game. The confetti can come later.

The reason I say I agree is because keeping that in mind, there could be new mechanics/systems that the developers could include that just have never been thought of or introduced yet and so I think it would be fine if they added them early. There can also be new confetti that gets added before old confetti. I don’t mind that.

Basically, I think expansion packs should all come out before other types of small packs. They’re not themes, in my eyes, but they can play around with adding new types of systems in EPs that can come before the old standard ones. Smaller themed packs should come out after the EPs, and I’m fine with them mixing up new with old.

In TS4, there should be a mechanic that allows you to accept or decline a promotion rather than automatically receiving it if you achieved the requirements. Agree or disagree?
  • luxsylvanluxsylvan Posts: 1,922 Member
    Agree. Sometimes I want to keep my sims in the middle of the career ladder, so I'll end up just never earning the points they need to move up in order to keep them there. But it is still limiting, I'd rather refuse if I could.

Auto roof in TS2 was amazing and should be brought back, agree or disagree?
  • Chicklet453681Chicklet453681 Posts: 2,431 Member
    edited March 2021
    Agree! I think some type of auto-roofing should be implemented for those players who prefer it but not as the only way to add a roof. I know that some builders can do ridiculously amazing things with roofing (I'm not one of them lol).

The color wheel and CASt was great in TS3 and I really miss not having it whenever I play TS2 and TS4. Although TS2 is a little better than TS4 since you could change the bedding and frame, counter base and countertops, picture frame and artwork, etc to different swatches. But in TS3 you could change literally change almost everything from eye color and hair highlights to wallpaper.

Agree or Disagree?
  • luxsylvanluxsylvan Posts: 1,922 Member
    edited March 2021
    Agree. Since you can age up a baby at any time, I don't think it's a change (if possible) that would detract from the non family player experience. Plus babies are people too! They should be clickable for needs & not objects at the very least.

There needs to be a wider range of hair colors in ts4, from more shades of brown to less saturated non-natural colors. Agree or disagree?
  • NikkihNikkih Posts: 1,758 Member
    Agree, even hair colour sliders would be awesome atleast it would be something, I want to be able to give my sims lilac hair 😊

The celebrities in the sims 4 are the best in the series, agree or disagree
  • Calico45Calico45 Posts: 2,038 Member
    Disagree. It could have been. I like the perk trees, but the fame quirks are too spammy. I have to go in and remove specific ones all too often. Plus, as more packs have been added, I have noticed fame does not seem to have been well integrated with the new stuff because I start getting the spotlight fading alerts all the time while exploring the new content. Surely there could be snow sport fame, etc.?

My favorite celebrities probably have to be Sims 1 Superstar. Complete opt in and a grueling grind, but definitely fun.

Agree or disagree; a Sims spinoff or mainline that stepped a little more out of the PG realm and earned the Teen rating would still sell.
  • Chicklet453681Chicklet453681 Posts: 2,431 Member
    Agree. Totally 100% agree! I feel like a a good chunk of the player base would like a little more non-childish humor and gameplay. At least for me, I don't want gore, violence, and graphic woohoo'ing or stuff like that. But, bring back the cheeky humor and make it actually reflect it's "Teen" rating rather than the E-Everyone rating.

In TS4 only sims from your neighborhood should spawn as walk-bys and as venue guests, not sims from every world.

Agree or Disagree?

• texxx78texxx78 Posts: 5,657 Member
    Agree. Actually i use a mod to do that exactly. It makes neighbourhoods more immersive. And it makes me more avid to travel so that i can meet different sims.

Agree or disagree?
    More traits should be tweaked to make sims act more accordingly.
  • GoodGrimGoodGrim Posts: 10 New Member
    I think that Lindsey Pearson and her team likes llamas, they need to make a Llama pack (TS4: My First Llama Stuff)
  • LJKLJK Posts: 257 Member
    edited March 2021
    texxx78 wrote: »
    Agree. Actually i use a mod to do that exactly. It makes neighbourhoods more immersive. And it makes me more avid to travel so that i can meet different sims.

Agree or disagree?

Agree, traits do not steer your Sim's personality nor do they make that big of an impact in the game. This should be fixed by the next game (since it's obviously not going to be in this one).

Selling content in the form of three (no, wait, four!) different kinds of packs should be shot and buried. As I understand it, instead of one large team working on a big pack for the game, Maxis currently has an EP team, a GP team, and a SP team. (correct if wrong, please) The series should return to EPs only loaded with the same amount of content as numerous EPs did in previous titles. Agree or disagree?
  • SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,907 Member
    edited March 2021
    LJK wrote: »
    texxx78 wrote: »

Agree or disagree?

Agree, traits do not steer your Sim's personality nor do they make that big of an impact in the game. This should be fixed by the next game (since it's obviously not going to be in this one).

Selling content in the form of three (no, wait, four!) different kinds of packs should be shot and buried. As I understand it, instead of one large team working on a big pack for the game, Maxis currently has an EP team, a GP team, and a SP team. (correct if wrong, please) The series should return to EPs only loaded with the same amount of content as numerous EPs did in previous titles. Agree or disagree?

I believe the teams were amalgamated some time ago. We had a picture of SimGuruGraham and SimGuruGrant together making a joke of it.

• Ersa_MiddletonErsa_Middleton Posts: 697 Member
    edited March 2021
    Edit: Just realized this isn't exactly serious.
  • StrawberryYogurtStrawberryYogurt Posts: 2,799 Member
    LJK wrote: »

Agree. EPs and GPs only is what id say.

The next sim game should have an open neighborhood, not open world. Agree or disagree?

• RememberJoyRememberJoy Posts: 1,138 Member
    Agree, but I also think there should be settings which give you the option to have open neighborhoods or just one lot depending on what your computer can handle.

Agree or disagree? We should be able to create and save outfits in CAS and share them on the gallery.
  • HSDevHSDev Posts: 17 Member
    edited November 2021
    ‎‎‎‎‎
    Post edited by HSDev on