Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Most enjoyable occult for you?

Which occult do you enjoy most? I think aliens don’t get enough love from fans and the devs. I believe they need a good update.
Origin ID: iamoz96
Enjoy my creations! :)

Most enjoyable occult for you? 250 votes

Aliens
6%
CamkatIObelleMizzila1297Glimmer50fiercephoenix91MHsimsFancomicsforlifeEverclearBoyGlacierSnowAbeericRouensimsCaprianaBVitmans39MagicaCattalongirl6NekopanzerGoodGrim 17 votes
Mermaids
4%
Zagatta7luthienrisingJustinthenameslynith13netney52EnnaelcapturethemagicKerriganchonkiederevaunBlazeclaw55 11 votes
Vampires
44%
Kita5399IcewolfIceyJCelticgamer0TWSimGamer82lisamwittimhappyBloosmooStrangerthanSnuffyBuckethaneulWyrrenfruitsbasket101ChrisDarkalanmichael1alyssasim87barracuda1574DarkLady2788Yautjagirlakaniki0 111 votes
Spellcasters
35%
Akl500PCK213honeypooh1267bshag4lvOolonglongCabelle1863rudolphaPlayerSinger2010rhaliusTheSpotted_CIsb917Lavasm77elanorbretonsimgirl1010cchant86mock68MindofyldmarkoAmj1995KennziKaige 88 votes
Plantsims
0%
mcruddPeachesnDucks 2 votes
Other
8%
GoldmoldarGalacticGalJueJueAnmirlaMoon_WillowRifftraxRulesSweetieWright_84CAPTAIN_NXR7snoepjes1210Karababy5283bienchenEnkiSchmidtScobreDestin2016filipomelSERVERFRAAuroraskiesDaepheneCatzillaGrimlyFiendish 21 votes

Comments

• SailorCetiSailorCeti Posts: 807 Member
    Vampires
    Of those listed, vampires. But! I’d like fae more.
    This game needs more Sailor Moon!

Hold SHIFT while using the FRIEZE tool to apply it to a single wall, and not an entire room!

** SailorCeti's Builds **

If you download one of my builds, by all means, leave me a message and tell me what you did and did not like about it.
  • Amj1995Amj1995 Posts: 4,068 Member
    Spellcasters
    I like both spellcasters and vampires, but spellcasters seem more interesting.

I like aliens too, but I just have a problem with their disguises when it deals with genetics.
  • ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    edited March 2021
    Other
    I love Fairies. Mermaids are fun too. I loved the Sims 2 PlantSims a lot too.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • FinvolaFinvola Posts: 1,041 Member
    Spellcasters
    Spellcasters, I rely heavily on Practical spells to take care of cooking, cleaning, and repairs. I'd be lost without it!
  • NushnushganayNushnushganay Posts: 9,418 Member
    Vampires
    When I can manage to use mods that enhance autonomy and Vampire play enough that they actually do things on their own and have more depth, the vampires are wonderful. Zero has an extensive line now of mods for the vampires and for the ability to have that world blend with the spellcaster world in an interesting way, that make it all more interesting.

Otherwise, I found spellcasters pretty boring. Everything was too easy, too shallow, but good for storytelling. I'm just tired of storytelling and wanted to game for the fun of it, so my attention has been taken by Sims3.

Aliens are cool too, but I never bother with disguises. Like, why be an alien if you don't look like one? One of my Sims married an alien, and she never wore a disguise, in fact I was surprised when I later discovered that was even an option, and I didn't like the look of her "human suit" anyway. Sadly, though, alien gameplay is pretty shallow. I wanted there to be more to it than "secret alien handshake" and such. They have some powers, and that's fun, and going to Sixam is fun but barely a place. Aliens have so much more potential than is filled out in the game. Kind of like that greenhouse in The Realm of Magic, that you can see, but you can't interact with or even walk into. Too much is fake.
    Racism is EVERYONE's fight #BLM #StopAsianHate
    Let's make Liberty and Justice For All a reality.

xicwqMCm.jpg
  • texxx78texxx78 Posts: 5,657 Member
    edited March 2021
    Spellcasters
    It took me more than a year to decide if i should buy RoM. I read so many threads about it... about how the spells are just cheats, how it is so easy to master all schools of magic, and so on...
    The thing is: i love spellcasters! I can play a 🐸🐸🐸🐸 spellcaster or a regular guy that practices magic unnoticed. I love LOVE the bloodlines. Playing legacies i can watch my magic bloodlines flourish and then be forgotten... i can practice a bit of everything or specialize in one school of magic.
  • VeeDubVeeDub Posts: 1,862 Member
    Spellcasters
    Aliens: I thought they'd be fun, but they ended up annoying me so much that at one point I was about ready to drop the game altogether. But then I found out how to make them disappear from my game (through mods, of course).

Mermaids: I don't play them, and they too, don't exist in most of my saves. Not because I don't like them, exactly. I have a lot of respect for the various myths and folklore about sirens, selkies, and the like around the world, and in my opinion not a lot of media does them justice. A completely non-serious game like this one certainly isn't going to ever do that (for me).

Vampires: I don't even have the pack, mainly because of exactly the same sort of thoughts as I have for Mer-people.

Spellcasters: So far I've been able to enjoy spellcasters because I can treat them as humans who just happen to have some extra talents. If Maxis and/or EA had tried to make them more purely magical kinds of creatures or caricatures with cackling hook-nosed hags with warts, they probably would've fallen victim to the same thoughts I have about Mer-peeps and Vampires.

Plantsims: They're... green. Yeah, that's all I've got.

FYI: Just because you can see my signature, don't assume that I can see yours.
    Because I can't; I keep all sigs turned off. ;)
  • luxsylvanluxsylvan Posts: 1,922 Member
    Vampires
    Vampires are so well done (when you leave them in the sun! Jk. I'll let myself out)

But really, I love the CAS, BB, and gameplay for Vampires and it rare to get all three for me. Few if any complaints. Best pack they made imo. The only thing wrong with that pack are that the complainers ruined break ins😕
  • SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,885 Member
    edited March 2021
    Vampires
    i like vampires most
    they feel like they have most to do
    and l love the flaws and all
    so I often play them casually

but also probably just cause i read lots of random vampire books as kid/teen and it makes me fond of them in general
    no twilight is not included i would have made nice bonfire ritual and burned it if someone ever put it in my hands

one annoyance maybe would be game random generating the vamp townies cause i dont like that id rather just have vampires of my own but thats more like whole game problem and not so much of specific occult problem

and maybe second annoyance is that sims dont actually make garlic objects like the finished thing just appears in inventory which is kinda sad cause it could have been cute crafts thing to watch your sims do

second place would actually be aliens
    ive been watching some xfiles lately and ive decided theyre the link that connects all the occults together

and of course, we stan bella goth mystery

I wish they had more evil things to do though and the disguise was easier to match and they could abduct sims like the npc pollinator and it wouldnt be so hard for them to use science objects but well it is what it is i just really wish they would be improved

third place would be mermaids and plantsims
    mermaids well they pretty in sims4 i love them swimming about i also like mermaid stories a lot

but I'm just slightly disappointed how they can't even send sim under the sea forever like okay its probably cause the sim should not be able to kill another sim nonsense but like idk i just feel like its such big part of mermaid lore to send sims missing @ sea

and also why on earth mermaids don't sing for longer time its so quickly over

aaand yeah they suffer greatly from not having open water every world

now aside from all this i would have at least liked some mermaid theme furniture for aesthetics if nothing else but nope. does not exist either... such missed opportunity for themey goods or nice rock to sit on and show off that tail while singing gorgeously... come on.

plantsims i really loved in ts2
    and played them all the time

but i don't really play them in ts4 because they are literally not even lifestate and they can do none of the things i loved about plantsims in previous games and I'm very salty about that needs big overhaul.

especially would love them to be able to make plantbabies again cause # 100 plantbaby challenge would be lit

and maybe they would have some fun with motherplant when playing strangerville also ;)
    aaaand after all these comes spellcasters that are big fat disappointment if ive ever seen one
    so much potential but there is so many little things that just ruin it all

the spells are just so flimsy most of the time like if i inferniate house it isnt to make bonfire in living room only for my sim to then auto extinquish it herself no i mean to really burn the house down

if i morphiate sim at least let me freaking choose the object and have sim stay as that object until i release them

and overall I'm just tired of making magical maids who repairio and scuberoo all day
    i have hilda for those needs now

and not to even talk of that where is my robes and witch hats at least siiigh

i do like some part of the pack and i do still play spellcasters some but really TT the annoyances outweigh the good
    Post edited by Simmingal on
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • CatzillaCatzilla Posts: 1,181 Member
    Other
    I like vampires and aliens the most. I think they're the most interesting and some of their quirks make me laugh. I haven't played many mermaids/mermen but they're pretty and I love Sulani. I've played spell casters the least, I find them less interesting to level up and I'm constantly telling them to stand still in cas. ;)
  • talongirl6talongirl6 Posts: 184 Member
    Aliens
    I would have to say Aliens, mostly because Aliens are the only ones I have in The Sims 4 at the moment other than PlantSims. I would love to be able to play the others at some point if I ever get the packs they are from. I especially want to try out Vampires since they were my favorite to play as in The Sims 3. All of the occult Sims seem to be pretty great though!
  • Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,406 Member
    Spellcasters
    Spellcasters are really fun to play with. I consider their magical nature to be part of their identity, that is more important to me than the amount of spells they use. I mostly enjoy the practical spells but try not to overuse them.

I also enjoy playing aliens and mermaids. Vampires are my least favourite because I just am not really into the theme, even if vampires are objectively the best developed occults in sims 4.

In sims 2 my favourites were plantsims and I really hope the plantsims in sims 4 will one day be upgraded to a proper occult lifestate. A temporary buff that is not visible when you switch households won't do. At this moment they are unfortunately not well enough developed to be considered as proper occults.
  • GracieO312GracieO312 Posts: 1,291 Member
    Vampires
    Vamps - by a long shot. Tbh I’ve not really dabbled with Spellcasters that much but from what I have played of them they’re way too OP! I really love the challenge that comes with vamps.

I agree OP! I’d love to see an alien update and also a mermaid one too! Mermaids need a bassinet/tombstone and an underwater world for them to live in. Aliens need a bigger home planet - I have so many ideas for an expanded Sixam and I’d love to see it one day in the game. I think if the devs ever released CAW a bigger Sixam would probably be my first project because I’m so desperate for it!
  • WolfiumWolfium Posts: 2,672 Member
    Vampires
    Vampires, they're the most fleshed out. I don't have spellcasters, but they are as well.
  • Calico45Calico45 Posts: 2,038 Member
    Vampires
    Hands down, vampires. I think 4's vampires are the best vampires in the entire Sims series. I don't dislike the others, but they are all lacking in flavor otherwise. Spellcasters in particular disappointed me because witches in every other iteration were my favorite. Beyond the spells and potions (which have very similar effects to a number of other things already in the game), all they have for flavor is an empty magic realm and affectless cosmetic swag.

It felt like the magic realm ate all the budget for magic equipment/items/progression and integration with other packs (like occult essence potions from 3, for just one example). Also, it was completely bugged at launch and to this day, the exp cheat is bugged.
  • Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    Vampires
    I think magic was done quite cheaply in TS4. Unlike Vampires most of their spells are recycled content with subpar vfx and animations.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • haisinhaisin Posts: 948 Member
    Vampires
    I love how customisable vampires are and their perks, powers and weaknesses are versatile. I do enjoy spellcasters as well, but they could be better. Their spells and curses could have something more and their perks are boring.
  • GrimlyFiendishGrimlyFiendish Posts: 718 Member
    Other
    Out of all the occult packs available right now I only have Spellcaster, which I love! Plant sims don't work for me, I'm assuming due to slow computer power causing glitches, so I can't comment on them --- but my absolute favourite occult in the Sims would have to be Grim & being able to play as Grim and family. Okay it doesn't give you any special powers, but I am endlessly amused and entertained by the idea of a Soul Reaper with a loving family. Combine that with Spellcasters, and I have a font of storytelling possibilities. :)
    Occult Simmer (All Occult All The Time)

Female Simmer from Australia (she/her)

I had one of my Sims marry the Grim Reaper & now they have a lot of kids.

• HoveraelHoverael Posts: 1,230 Member
    Unfortunately i don't get to see enough of the vampires, they rarely walk by, they rarely break into a house to take a drink from a sleeping sim.

Mermaids are confined to Sulani and i don't see them very often, aside from my own sims and others i made immortal through MC flags, mermaids like spell casters disappear never to be seen again when the originals die off.

Spellcasters are virtually anonymous, L. Faba and Simeon Silversweater do walk by often until they die off but they don't do anything with those powers autonomously either.

Alien sims are like anyone else, nothing special about them and they are generally in human form when out and about.

Plantsims don't have any place since their special event was canned a while back.
  • luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,617 Member
    Mermaids
    Totally a current mood thing, but Mermaids just make me happy, even if they have relatively little gameplay.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • RifftraxRulesRifftraxRules Posts: 145 Member
    Other
    Only went with "Other" because there's no "I don't play with Occults" option. I don't even know the latter packs.
  • ldmarkoldmarko Posts: 5,487 Member
    Spellcasters
    I'm not into vampires, aliens & mermaids don't really do much and I've completely forgotten that plantsims exist, but spellcasters have some pretty decent gameplay to them, and they can also just live a normal life if you don't feel like doing magic at the moment.
    Gallery ID: LDM2
  • IObelleIObelle Posts: 136 Member
    Aliens
    If plantsims were a real occult, which they sadly aren't, I'm sure they'd be my favourite.

And there's no option for ghosts and servos?

In my opinion the only update aliens need, is one that change the way their disguise works. Even when they're not wearing one, sims are still reacting like they are! Giving them the "Alien exposed" moodlet while aliens gets the moodlet where they're ashamed that their disguise wasn't working...
    Would also like the option to remove the disguise completely, the same way we can do with a vampire's dark form.
    And in my opinion, aliens don't need more powers or a skill tree, as they're only beings from another planet and not supernatural.

The reason I chose aliens is because that's the occult I've been playing with most.
    There Are No Plantsims In The Sims 4
  • RouensimsRouensims Posts: 4,858 Member
    Aliens
    I love alien voices and their weird way of empathizing.
    Ooh Be Gah!! Whipna Choba-Dog? Whipna Choba-Dog!! :smiley:
  • EnkiSchmidtEnkiSchmidt Posts: 5,334 Member
    Other
    Servos for me, although vampires were done the best. They just don't interest me much.