Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Toggle-able Holidays

I'm not sure if this has been suggested before, so I'm just gonna go ahead and post this :)

I really like how you can toggle things like seasons, eco living features, and even being a celebrity. I just really wish you could toggle holidays on and off... Don't get me wrong, it's fun having little objectives for your Sims from time to time. BUT... all the "micro-holidays", like Neighborhood Brawl, TV Season Premier and The Lottery get really annoying because they don't show up in the calendar until a day or two before they happen.

The bigger holidays are always shown on the calendar, so you can easily just remove them for each save if you don't want them. But the micro holidays need to either be visible all the time, like the major one (love day, winterfest, etc) or you should be able to turn Maxis-made holidays off. Reason I say turn off only the premade holidays is so it won't interfere with and opt you out of custom holidays and traditions.

It's a minor inconvenience, I admit, but it would be a really nice feature and it would avoid my Sims getting "such-and-such day was terrible!" moodlets when I just cancel the holiday/event day-of.

Comments

• ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    We need toggles for every pack they release that adds a gameplay element in my opinion. We should have the option to enable/disable the feature as we like without the need for mods. Idk why some packs have them and some don’t.
  • texxx78texxx78 Posts: 5,657 Member
    And also for ea clubs. I want to have my own clubs and not have to stalk ea club leaderds to delete their clubs...
  • GlacierSnowGlacierSnow Posts: 2,301 Member
    I wholeheartedly agree that every feature which affects gameplay (in packs or in the base game) should be able to be turned on or off as we wish. On a per save file basis preferably, so we can leave it on in some saves and off in others. I also think life-states and random events should also have this on/off capability. Just because I'm having loads of fun with alien abductions in one of my saves doesn't mean I want them happening in another one of my saves. It depends on what kind of story I want to play.

Giving players this basic kind of customization should be standard procedure in making a game like the sims. It's weird how random they are about including such toggles. Why for example, can we turn off fame, but not turn off reputation? Or why can we turn off lifestyles but not turn off sentiments?

And I agree with the OP, most of the random holidays that pop up are not really of interest to me most of the time and I'd like to be able to just turn that feature off completely.
    Forum-Banner-01.jpg
    Seventeen & Maldusk Forum thread link
    My name on AHQ (and the upcoming sims forum) is "GlacierSnowGhost".