Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

[OLD] Broken/Updated Mods & CC: Mar. '21 Bunkbeds Patch

Comments

• Destin2016Destin2016 Posts: 568 Member
    Destin2016 wrote: »
    Has anyone heard anything about Bienchen’s mods? I know she can’t usually update right away, but I was wondering. I use so many of her great mods.

Not yet. She generally does updates in batches no more than every couple of weeks, though. Still early :)

Thanks @luthienrising
    You like me because I'm a scoundrel. There aren't enough scoundrels in your life.
  • skaimartinezskaimartinez Posts: 2 New Member
    > @SandraSztukowska said:
    > > @skaimartinez said:
    > > None of my build items work at all. Not even base game stuff. Anything I click on isn't actually letting me select it and I have no idea what to do. I don't want to have to restart my entire mods folder because I have a lot but I don't know why it isn't letting me build with anything. Has anyone else had this problem?
    >
    > Update better build buy/t.o.o.l./expandable catalog mods

thank you it worked!!
  • SageRainWillowSageRainWillow Posts: 2,221 Member
    > @SageRainWillow said:
    > Patch does not allow me to turn mods back on. I save the setting, exit the game per usual, but mods are disabled again when I go back in.

I'm having the same problem, have you fixed it yet?

Yes, the answer can be found in this post: https://forums.thesims.com/en_us/discussion/988179/i-cant-turn-mods-back-on#latest
    42959178421_482f6f6a5c_o.png

• SandraSztukowskaSandraSztukowska Posts: 15 Member
    Cute romance mod by thepancake1 needs updating. With this mod option to relax on beds is not showing up.
  • luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    Cute romance mod by thepancake1 needs updating. With this mod option to relax on beds is not showing up.

Thanks @SandraSztukowska ! Just want to check that you narrowed it down to that mod using the method on p. 1 :)

Thanks, @Mendota!

Mod Updates
    Packing Crates (Scumbumbo/Base)
    Gardening Plants, All Seasons, No Glow, and 10 Harvestables (MonoChaos)
    Cyclelegs All Beds Same Energy Mod (MonoChaos)

Reported Fine by Creator
    MonoChaos — all mods not above
    Scumbumbo team — Temporary Tattoos for Kids

Updated CC
    Off-the-Grid Typewriter by madameriasim4
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
    > @luthienrising said:
    > Thanks @SandraSztukowska ! Just want to check that you narrowed it down to that mod using the method on p. 1 :)

Well, I didn't took out other mods, but it was the only one which was touching the beds tunings so after I noticed I have no relax option on maxis beds, I took out this mod, cleared cache and the missing option was there.
    Also I remembered that this mods author was also working before on a mod which was adding relax on bed interaction and it was conflicting with this cute romance mod, so it was pretty obvious.
    @SandraSztukowska If you could just check with only that mod in, it would mean that I can report it broken. Otherwise, there's always a chance that it's a mod conflict. I know it sounds particular, but it's happened before!
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • vinomama85vinomama85 Posts: 7 New Member
    Is anyone else having issues with CAS colums? Mine have like half the game content just missing from them and gaps where there is just blank space, then a few items show up, then more blank space. I took a picture on my phone but can't figure out how to add it.
  • amethystlilacamethystlilac Posts: 94 Member
    vinomama85 wrote: »
    Is anyone else having issues with CAS colums? Mine have like half the game content just missing from them and gaps where there is just blank space, then a few items show up, then more blank space. I took a picture on my phone but can't figure out how to add it.

it sounds like you need the newest update. that's how it broke this time. https://www.patreon.com/posts/more-columns-in-27751117
    > @luthienrising said:
    > @SandraSztukowska If you could just check with only that mod in, it would mean that I can report it broken. Otherwise, there's always a chance that it's a mod conflict. I know it sounds particular, but it's happened before!

Just tested with mods folder emptied out - only cute romance and xml injector (required for first mod) installed - no relax option on beds. Cache was deleted before opening the game.
  • MizoreYukiiMizoreYukii Posts: 6,566 Member
    @SandraSztukowska If you could just check with only that mod in, it would mean that I can report it broken. Otherwise, there's always a chance that it's a mod conflict. I know it sounds particular, but it's happened before!
    They are right, CR and and Read on Bed will break relaxing, they modify that posture from before EA added it officially. I'm finishing up my solo mod updates and will work on the bed related mods next. :smiley: I have a lot to do for the beds and fix a few other things so it's probably going to be a bit. :sweat_smile:
    The Color Slider mod is broken for me. It causes the weird glitch I posted about where most of my CAS items disappear in the CAS columns, for every category.
    > @MizoreYukii said:
    > @vinomama85 It's been updated for a while, make sure to grab it!

I have the updated version, and I replaced it again today to be safe. But I still get that problem when I have it in my mods folder.
    edited March 2021
    Thanks @MizoreYukii and @SandraSztukowska !
    @vinomama85 Make sure you delete localthumbcache so your game forgets the previous version. There might also be a conflict with something else. It's not the mod, assuming you have the newest version from weerbesu's Patreon.

Broken Mods
    Cute Romance (thepancake1/MizoreYukii) - breaks relaxing on beds
    Read Books on Beds (thepancake1/MizoreYukii) - breaks relaxing on bed

Updated Mods
    T.O.O.L. Mod (TwistedMexi)
    Better BuildBuy (TwistedMexi) - reupdate
    Lotharihoe released mod that enabled slotting other furniture (desks, dressers, loveseats, living chairs) under lofted beds without causing any routing issues.
    https://lotharihoe.tumblr.com/post/646742590982684672/more-bunk-bed-slots-download-google-drive
  • SPARKY1922SPARKY1922 Posts: 5,965 Member
    edited March 2021
    Hi

Can anyone tell me how sims 4 studio mods work please. I have wanted to use deathpoke1qa Spellbook mod and the romantic couples dancing mod however there is never any new information to say what is compatible or been updated? and i would love to give these 2 mods a go..

Thanks @SandraSztukowska

I was looking for something else but wanted to thank you for posting the mod that provides slots to bunk beds as that will be really useful :)
  • friendsfan367friendsfan367 Posts: 29,362 Member
    yeah i got ui working. i think it was a cache issue i rarely clear it cause i'm afaid of messing up the wrong thing.
    edited March 2021
    @friendsfan367 There's really never a risk in deleting the localthumbcache file.

Tool Updates
    Sims 4 Studio (Andrew) - Kits Update

Mod Updates
    Walk Normal (MizoreYukii)
    Shower Woohoo Tweaks (MizoreYukii)
    No Bits/Pieces for Candles (MizoreYukii)

Reported Fine by Creator
    • MizoreYukii — all mods not above
    • Scumbumbo team — all mods not under "Updated" except Working Alarm and Medicine Cabinets (previously broken); Self-configurable Adjustable Breakage (SCAB), Sims Log Enabler, and Variable Default Relationship Mods (not yet tested)
    edited March 2021
    Reported Fine by Creator
    • Scumbumbo Team: Self-configurable Adjustable Breakage (SCAB), Sims Log Enabler, Variable Default Relationship Mods
    Reported Fine by Creator
    • weerbesu — UI Cheats Extension
  • DerkaDerka Posts: 6 New Member
    > @luthienrising said:
    > Mod Updates* Color Sliders for Hair and Clothes (thepancake1/MizoreYukii)
    > * More Traits in CAS (thepancake1/MizoreYukii)

Just want to report that the updated, short, curly hairstyle has been broken by the Color Sliders for Hair and Clothes mod. It creates a very bizarre texture issue on the hair. The specific package that causes the issue is thepancake1_ColorSliders_BG_Hair 1.package file.
    This occurs even with the updated ColorSlidersUI package.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top