Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Netz-à-porter – outfits ready to wear for your sims (no CC required)

Comments

• NetzspannungNetzspannung Posts: 2,456 Member
    I really love this. It makes me wish that we could create custom outfits to share on the gallery. And I'm sure Maxis could do it because they have their own custom designs they add for every pack. You know what I'm talking about right?

Yes, I know what you are talking about and that would be a great feature. Just saving custom outfits to 'Styled Looks' would be great, but sharing them to the gallery would be even better. I would love to create and share outfits - with matching makeup, especially now that we have the sliders and I don't have to use cc make-up anymore. But who knows if that will ever happen.
    If I just posted an outfit you like, I have good news - there is more where that came from!
    https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/956513/netz-a-porter-outfits-ready-to-wear-for-your-sims-no-cc-required
    Twitter: NetzspannungTS

we all try ...
  • br00kie1br00kie1 Posts: 119 Member
    Thanks so much for this inspo! have bookmarked this :smile: could you do some kids outfits? i don't like using kids cc much personally

I did some outfits for kids almost 2 years ago. And while I was often thinking about posting more, I am still very frustrated with the lack of hats (that don't make the kid look bald), accessories and shoes for kids. But it is still a valid request @br00kie1 so I tried my best to put some outfits together that I think look pretty cute. And if you guys find a couple of outfits you like, then I'm glad I did it.

Focus: Kids CAS - again!

alMoOyR.jpg

Under the spoiler you will find info from which pack the items are I used, in case you have trouble finding them.
    #1 Beanie: GTW/ Top: Parenthood / Jeans: GTW / Shoes: BG
    #2 Top: Backyard / Bracelet: BG / Skirt: BG / Shoes: GT
    #3 Hat: BG (remove 'Female' tag) / Top: Kids Room / Bottom: BG (remove 'Female' tag) / Shoes: BG
    #4 Necklace: GTW / Bracelets: BG / Top: JA / Bottom: CL / Shoes: BG
    #5 Top: LD / Skirt: EL / Shoes: GTW
    #6 Sunglasses: BG / Top: GF / Bottom: GTW / Shoes: Kids Room
    #7 Bracelet: BG / Top: Parenthood / Bottom: GTW / Sandals: IL
    #8 Top: C&D / Jeans: Parenthood / Boots: GTW
    If I just posted an outfit you like, I have good news - there is more where that came from!
    https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/956513/netz-a-porter-outfits-ready-to-wear-for-your-sims-no-cc-required

we all try ...
  • WightQueenSiamWightQueenSiam Posts: 11 New Member
    These are really stunning, and I'm so happy I found this thread not only for my Sims, but also for myself! This gives a great insight into making fashion work in the real world also, and you're very talented, Netzspannung.
  • br00kie1br00kie1 Posts: 119 Member
    Aww thank you so much :) . They all look cute, love the #2 girl with the skirt especially , and the little boy #8 looks just like my sims son, so will try it on him!
    I did some outfits for kids almost 2 years ago. And while I was often thinking about posting more, I am still very frustrated with the lack of hats (that don't make the kid look bald), accessories and shoes for kids. But it is still a valid request @br00kie1 so I tried my best to put some outfits together that I think look pretty cute. And if you guys find a couple of outfits you like, then I'm glad I did it.

Focus: Kids CAS - again!

alMoOyR.jpg

Under the spoiler you will find info from which pack the items are I used, in case you have trouble finding them.
    #1 Beanie: GTW/ Top: Parenthood / Jeans: GTW / Shoes: BG
    #2 Top: Backyard / Bracelet: BG / Skirt: BG / Shoes: GT
    #3 Hat: BG (remove 'Female' tag) / Top: Kids Room / Bottom: BG (remove 'Female' tag) / Shoes: BG
    #4 Necklace: GTW / Bracelets: BG / Top: JA / Bottom: CL / Shoes: BG
    #5 Top: LD / Skirt: EL / Shoes: GTW
    #6 Sunglasses: BG / Top: GF / Bottom: GTW / Shoes: Kids Room
    #7 Bracelet: BG / Top: Parenthood / Bottom: GTW / Sandals: IL
    #8 Top: C&D / Jeans: Parenthood / Boots: GTW

• blackparade16blackparade16 Posts: 5 New Member
    this thread is seriously a life-saver. i really can't dress my sims by myself. :'D
  • fae_brassfae_brass Posts: 81 Member
    Hey, can we have a hippy outfit session please....or hippy elders?
  • simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,708 Member
    These are great! And thanks for listing the pack info.
  • zheplayszheplays Posts: 24 Member
    Wow, your outfits are really cute! I have trouble falling into a rut where I'll use basically the same outfits constantly, or I'm trying for a specific style or vibe, and can't quite figure out how to pull it off best. Very commonly now, I use the same colors in everything.

Thanks so much for sharing with us! Seeing everyone else's outfit ideas is a lot more helpful than one might think!
    Find me on Tumblr and Instagram at zheplays !
    siempre bruja.
  • fae_brassfae_brass Posts: 81 Member
    Amazing, thank you for doing it! I really like the top right and bottom left. Both contain CAS items I really like but never use.
  • RamiSamiiRamiSamii Posts: 222 Member
    Curious if you'd ever want to take on a "Goth" sort of style for some Sims, male and/or female? I've always loved what you come up with, and something about alternative styles has been extra interesting lately. :)
    37mfj.png
    RamiSamii wrote: »
    Curious if you'd ever want to take on a "Goth" sort of style for some Sims, male and/or female? I've always loved what you come up with, and something about alternative styles has been extra interesting lately. :)

Goth, you say. I feel like one of Sims Social Media's favourite things to do is give Cassandra Goth a goth makeover with lots of Alpha CC, so would be interesting to see how goth you can get by only using items in the game. I will look into this! :)

we all try ...
    So I played around in CAS with the Goth idea and tried my best not to make my Sims look like posers. :D Anyway, here are some looks, which I think came out quite alright.

Focus: Goth(ish)

qJqpVLq.jpg

#1 Hat: MH / Gloves: BG (unlock) / Top: ROM / Skirt: C&D / Tights: BG / Shoes: Mos
    #2 Earrings: ROM / Necklace: GTW / Top: Para / Bottom: ROM / Tights: BG / Boots: Vamp
    #3 Necklace: GTW / Bracelets: BG / Top: SE / Bottom: BG (remove ‚Masculine‘ tag) / Shoes: ROM
    #4 Rings: BG / Top: Vamp / Bottom: GF /Boots: Mos
    #5 Choker: ROM / Gloves: BG / Dress: BG / Tights: ROM / Shoes: BG
    #6 Necklace: Vamp / Gloves: BG (unlock) / Top: VG / Bottom: BG / Socks: BG / Shoes: DU

we all try ...
  • BookBearBookBear Posts: 488 Member
    edited May 2021
    So I played around in CAS with the Goth idea and tried my best not to make my Sims look like posers. :D Anyway, here are some looks, which I think came out quite alright.

Focus: Goth(ish)

qJqpVLq.jpg

#1 Hat: MH / Gloves: BG (unlock) / Top: ROM / Skirt: C&D / Tights: BG / Shoes: Mos
    #2 Earrings: ROM / Necklace: GTW / Top: Para / Bottom: ROM / Tights: BG / Boots: Vamp
    #3 Necklace: GTW / Bracelets: BG / Top: SE / Bottom: BG (remove ‚Masculine‘ tag) / Shoes: ROM
    #4 Rings: BG / Top: Vamp / Bottom: GF /Boots: Mos
    #5 Choker: ROM / Gloves: BG / Dress: BG / Tights: ROM / Shoes: BG
    #6 Necklace: Vamp / Gloves: BG (unlock) / Top: VG / Bottom: BG / Socks: BG / Shoes: DU

(I proceed to steal all of your ideas to make my vamp teen appropriately GOTH)
    Post edited by BookBear on
    Offering free hugs for your time of need.
    8763f1fcdeee963323782673c8c95eee.gif
  • Chicklet453681Chicklet453681 Posts: 2,431 Member
    Your post is very inspiring! There's so much good stuff here! And the thing of it is, I haven't seen half of it! (Well, I've probably seen it and bypassed it because the main swatch was probably hideous and not my style).

Do you filter by color? I typically don't do that so that's probably why I've never seen a lot of this stuff.

Now you have me inspired, I so wish we could save outfits we make to be able to be used on other sims we create without having to try and figure out what we used and what category it was in. Especially make-up, accessories, and skin details.
    edited May 2021
    Your post is very inspiring! There's so much good stuff here! And the thing of it is, I haven't seen half of it! (Well, I've probably seen it and bypassed it because the main swatch was probably hideous and not my style).

Do you filter by color? I typically don't do that so that's probably why I've never seen a lot of this stuff.

Now you have me inspired, I so wish we could save outfits we make to be able to be used on other sims we create without having to try and figure out what we used and what category it was in. Especially make-up, accessories, and skin details.

I rarely filter by color. To be honest, for a lot of the versatile items in the game I already know the swatches by heart. What I generally look for is what I consider a 'flattering silhouette'. So if I I decide I want to use a certain skirt, for instance, that already excludes a bunch of tops that don't go with it, shape-wise. I sometimes do matchy-matchy outfits (see outfit #3 below), but what I prefer is to 'pick up a color' (see outfit #2 below). I started with the skirt, looked for a top with shape to go with it and then decided on the pink swatch of that top because the color can also be found in the pattern of the skirt. And sorry, I am sure this was way more info than you were looking for on my "process". :D

kiytdog.jpg

we all try ...
  • PhillipaErdnussPhillipaErdnuss Posts: 73 Member
    @Netzspannung wonderful thread! I like the idea of your thread especially since I am a bad dresser concerning my sims. From now on a lot of my sims will have a nice look styled by you :-) please keep up your wonderful work, you will make lives of so many sims more beautiful because they feel so good, because of being dressed nicely. I like that you have different style-themes!
    Phillipa Erdnuss
    Mayoress of SimCity and all associated districts
    Let this cart-button disappear!
  • BatmanFanGirlBatmanFanGirl Posts: 1,298 Member
    So, I tried to come up with some nice outfits for elderly Sims. For older Sims there are some limitations, for example no skinny jeans or high heels and I used muted colors, because I find that more realistic. If you guys even find one outfit here you like and have not tried before, I consider the time well spent. :)

Focus: The Golden Years

wVhpr3r.jpg

@mika

Hi @Netzspannung , I have found so many new wonderful ideas from you. I have also discovered how little I know CAS. :D Can you (or anyone else that knows) tell me where the blouse is that the elder in pic 3 on the top row is wearing? Thank you so much! <3
    heartstopper-couple.gif
  • simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,708 Member
    @BatmanFanGirl I'm realizing the same thing. Right now I'm in CAS going through every last article of clothing so I'll recognize them.
    edited May 2021
    @BatmanFanGirl That is a BG blouse. The first swatch is brown, which is perhaps the reason why you're having trouble finding it. I posted a picture under the spoiler that should help you find it.
    L4gjzqa.jpg

And thank you for the kind words. :)

we all try ...
    @Netzspannung Thank you that was exactly it! Can I ask about the skirt too? I thought I could find it but I don't think it's the right skirt. Thank you so much!
    heartstopper-couple.gif
    @BatmanFanGirl That skirt is from Get Famous, picture under the spoiler. :)
    JvqWXeE.jpg

we all try ...
    @BatmanFanGirl That skirt is from Get Famous, picture under the spoiler. :)
    JvqWXeE.jpg

Ooo yup. Definitely the wrong skirt. LOL It's hard when the top swatch looks nothing like choices underneath!
    heartstopper-couple.gif

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top