Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sims 5 Wishlist

2...Next

Comments

• friendlysimmersfriendlysimmers Posts: 7,542 Member
    my bigest wish is for the sims 5 to remain offline washers and dryers in basegame pets and seasons basegame as well and not lack content or go microtransaction list is very long
    If you went the sims5 to remain offline feel free to sign this petition http://chng.it/gtfHPhHK please note that it is also to keep the gallery

Repose en paix mamie tu va me manquer :

1923-2016 mamie :'(
  • LogicallyironicLogicallyironic Posts: 137 Member
    I don't mind the loss of open world that much, but that's probably due to the fact I'm wary of the problems in TS3 in terms of performance and groups of sims getting stuck and/or idling in public places until they starve, freeze, have bladder failure.
    I also don't mind create a style being gone for build/buy, but I'd like a more complex swatch system like TS2 and maybe a color wheel? The selection of patterns was a little overwhelming in TS3 tbh. However, I hated how restrictive TS4 was for hair, eyes, and makeup, so the color wheel system from TS3 MUST return for CAS.

Ok so my must-have list (that probably won't happen but a girl can dream~)
    1. I want more small details like TS2! Just watch onlyabidoang's videos on Youtube and that. I want that.
    2. CAS options to create sims with disabilities, like prosthetics and hearing aids.
    3. Less smartphone interactions. I think the Sims 3 struck the balance, whereas Sims 4 sims use their phone too much.
    4. Bring back favorites from TS3 and interests from TS1 and TS2.
    5. Better attraction system. Does TS4 have one? Ik the sims 3 soooorrrttt of has one that I think is based mostly upon zodiacs, but I miss how complex it was in TS2.
    6. Lore. Pleaaaassseee put TS5 on the timeline instead of opting for this weird alternate timeline direction again. A lot of sims resembled their previous incarnations so little that they shared only name and hair color half of the time... if that (looking at you, TS4 Calientes)
    7. I want my sims to have wants and meaningful aspirations. My TS4 sims don't want to do anything and my imagination can only carry us so far lmao
    8. The personality system either needs a TON of traits (like TS3 if not more) and 5+ slots OR regress to the TS1/TS2 system. This will probably be unpopular but hear me out-
    The points system put all sims on the same page and, while restrictive, always felt like a complete personality because the core bases were covered. In the Sims 4, since sims only have 3 slots for a variety of traits, they always seem to have incomplete personalities. It's almost impossible to cover their lifestyle, goals, interpersonal and intrapersonal features with only 3 slots. Maybe a hybrid of the points and traits system could be the happy medium? Idk
    9. Bring back the ability to make our own worlds and the ability to edit existing ones.
  • EnkiSchmidtEnkiSchmidt Posts: 5,334 Member
    - A system of advantages and disadvantages. With a toggle between sandbox mode (sim can have any combination of perks and downsides) and challenge mode (sim must be balanced). With that out of the way, traits can be used 100% to control personality instead of talents and lifestyles.

- Layered clothing. Let my sims put a coat and backpack over their everyday clothing. Alternately make sure that every piece of clothing shown in full body outfits also exists as a seperate.

- Ideally time progression as in Sims 2 (saved per household), but that's an unrealistic wish, I'm aware. (This is actually my biggest issue with Sims 4.)

- More things for sims to do together, like real smallfield soccer games (7Vs.7) instead of one sim juggling with the other watching.

- More casual intimacy like parents carrying their kids on the shoulder, friends leaning against each other during movie nights, college kids studying while laying on the floor in an entangled heap of sims, and romantic couples cuddling in bed. Sims at the moment keep their distance too much.

- No more EPs that shove together three or more features, dedicate a pack to one or two closely related ones, otherwise each individual theme suffers. Also I don't want to have to buy a pack where I'm not interested in the main feature only to get access to the secondary ones (like basketball in CL, robots and bikes in Uni and aliens in GT).

- A true free will off mode. Sims should not act on their own when their motives drop in the red, at least not when I chose Free Will off. (And this is my second biggest issue with the game at the moment).
  • LivingWithLifeLivingWithLife Posts: 20 Member
    my sims 5 wish list looks like this:
    1. I want grandparents to be more involved with their grandchild life because I know that I love my irl grandparents, and as a kid I defiantly wanted to be near them. so haveing a whim or moonlit child/todler sims can get would be great as it would add jus t that little bit of gameplay. another thing that would be great is if grandparents (if they live in another household) can want to be near their kids and grandkids maybe a new mood to go with it like: nostalgic or lonely.

2. more base game updates, I don't care If the game is in development of 2 or 3 more years as long as it makes them money and makes us the players happy! this would include bigger base game updates and more reprsentation in skin towns INCLUDED IN THE LAUNCH OF THE GAME.

3.more gameplay, I have noticed that there is a lot of secret things you can unlock in the sims 4 base game but that's just it they are hard to get, and true me I like a good challenge but I also want to be able to have my sims do fun and cool things with good animations without having to spend like 7 irl hours GETING MY SIMS COOKING SKILL TO LEVEL 9.

4. I want there to be less habit holes like at least something like the sims 3 where we can't see in inside of our sims work offices but we know what to building looks like because we can see it

5.more toddler and child AND teen sim interactions that's just it I just want more I want there to be special things you can't do as an adult because in the sims 4 I feel like having a teen sim is the same as having a adult sim and an elder sim. I want special interactions

that's the end my MUST HAVES of course I could add more but this list would go on forever so that the end goodbye simmers I hope the sims 5 is a good game - dedicated sims player
  • Randie_ReignsRandie_Reigns Posts: 59 Member
    Whatever they do, I just hope there's nothing fake. Yesterday I was in Willow Creek. I zoomed out and counted 31 houses in the area and only 5 were playable. I love the look of 4 but I hope the cartoonish map does not make a comeback. I'm more into the style of Sims 3 maps. I'd like to rotate and zoom in map view. Add and remove lots, trees, roads, ect. Really make it unique. Parks you can't design? Fake apartment buildings? How boring is that? I want to build five story apartments with sims living on every level. I want to make duplexes, townhouses, trailer parks, dorms, whatever! I would only play older sims games, but I really like the new graphics, minus the map view.
    SERVERFRA wrote: »
    Yeah, when I was getting anoined with all the freezing up in Sims 3, I used to think that back in 2013 when they announced there was going to be a Sims 4. Newer versions doesn't mean better. Yes, Sims 5 will probably a shiny new graphics with a shiny new engine but it might not be better than Sims 4. It's all just fairytale.

So true. The thought of a new game is always exciting. However, I know how business works. Sims 4 is beautiful, but it lacks ALOT. And that won't change. Because too many still buy every pack. Which tells EA that what they currently do, works. Detailed and finished takes man hours. Man hours cost money. Why put in more money if you don't have to? This is why I'm not getting my hopes up. I think the current formula will continue with the next game. I'm hoping for more because I don't want The Sims to end, which if it goes in certain directions, it will be the end for me. :(
    my bigest wish is for the sims 5 to remain offline washers and dryers in basegame pets and seasons basegame as well and not lack content or go microtransaction list is very long

I agree. Seasons in basegame and a whole lot of fleshed out, detailed gameplay in basegame. Generations, parenting, ect. Many simmers have played the game since 1 or 2. We're ready for something new. I'm even willing to pay more for the basegame if that's what it means to have this included. Weather is a huge system. I think it would work better in basegame. I know they are trying so hard to make Sims run smoother and they want to include lower end computers, but face it, a game like this just does not run well on low end computers. Nothing with expansions will. I have both a gaming computer and a low end computer in my house. I tested it. Even basegame doesn't run smoothly after all the updates it has gone through.

Simmers are mostly gamers. Gamers spend money on their computers. I can't say this enough. Stop taking away from the people who spend lots of money on their rigs. If you want to appeal to people with low end computers, make a version for them. Let them get addicted to it. Then guess what? They will go out and buy a better computer and then buy the big version of the game! Double money! Win win for EA.

The details make the game. It's missed so much when it's taken away. New players, don't know what's missing. Maybe that's what the company is banking on. I don't think we should consider the performance issues of past games. They were honestly ahead of their time. But, were playable enough for us to love them. Technology and what is possible with games has come a really long way since those games. Sims, that was so advanced, should not go backwards when computers have finally caught up with them!
  • SimsAddict_244SimsAddict_244 Posts: 274 Member
    - Non-static personalities, meaning sims personalities can evolve during gameplay: more/less traits, stronger/weaker traits thanks to either sliders or personality points, sims having no personality, a "perfect" sims.
    - Ideally, lively open world with no rabbit holes (apart from maybe some careers)
    - Active schools/careers in all major industries, more branches, possibility of having more than one job
    - TS3 style customization (CASt + CAW) and an improved S4 style CAS (more trait slots + more (negative) traits/aspirations
    - Living in vacation world
    - Homeschooling, private schools/universities, international universities, distance education, no education, boarding school
    - Rotational gameplay
    - Polyamory
    - Offline and single-player
    - Seasons + hobbies + cats and dogs + toddlers + NPCs at launch. Can add more thanks to free updates
    - Free updates, no store
    - Long term (individual) memories
    - Better AI
    - More family gameplay: elders no longer being neglected
    - Occult gameplay (vampire, witches, werewolves are must-haves)
    - Likes and dislikes (not just for romance), wants and fears, interest, talents
    - Restrict townies to their respective worlds unless there is a reason for them to be there (work, someone invited them, family, owning a house, vacation for a specific amount of time etc.)
    - Toggles so I can remove/add/change any feature that I want in my game. I don't want the game to limit possibilities. I want to be able to create really messed up situations without the game forcing me to do things a certain way.
    - Expand family tree: Step family, adoptive family, foster family etc.
    - Calendar
    - Children learning how to cook, bring back cleaning skill
    - Multi-purpose lots
    - Businesses + Home business
    - Move in/out of available worlds without loosing progression, connections and memories
    - Parties for children, bachelor party, graduation party, honeymoons, funeral party
    - Miscellaneous: retirement home, cemeteries, houseboats, swimming in the ocean and lakes (scuba diving) , hotels, resorts, individual funds, retro/historic clothing and items, manage landlords/tenants, farm house, worlds: island, jungle, mountain, desert etc. and plenty of others I forgot.
  • NovuNovu Posts: 21 Member
    The top of my list would be better modding support and getting together with communities like Steam Workshop. With the Steam Workshop modded content is easy to find and use and installs automatically with the click of a button.

Modding in SIMS4 is a Hot mess. Nothing is standardized and modded content is often hosted on sketchy Malware infested websites. It is like the "Wild West" anything goes when trying to find and install mods. This is mainly due to the lack of official mod support from the developer. This needs to change.
  • ClarionOfJoyClarionOfJoy Posts: 1,945 Member
    SERVERFRA wrote: »
    Yeah, when I was getting anoined with all the freezing up in Sims 3, I used to think that back in 2013 when they announced there was going to be a Sims 4. Newer versions doesn't mean better. Yes, Sims 5 will probably a shiny new graphics with a shiny new engine but it might not be better than Sims 4. It's all just fairytale.

So true. The thought of a new game is always exciting. However, I know how business works. Sims 4 is beautiful, but it lacks ALOT. And that won't change. Because too many still buy every pack. Which tells EA that what they currently do, works. Detailed and finished takes man hours. Man hours cost money. Why put in more money if you don't have to? This is why I'm not getting my hopes up. I think the current formula will continue with the next game. I'm hoping for more because I don't want The Sims to end, which if it goes in certain directions, it will be the end for me. :(

I've basically already given up on TS5 for various reasons - mainly as you have described. Plus it really looks like EA/Maxis just want lazy open neighborhoods which to them seems easier and not as much work for them as a 100% open world with story progression (which to me is really important). They're also insisting on it being online in some major way. I also agree with you - I also get the feeling they will continue to underfund the game so that the devs will have to take shortcuts making the game lazy and low effort, where there's no love for the game. Just so tiring - seven years of BS with TS4 and now it looks like it will be the same with TS5!

You have said too many people still buy TS4 packs - that's only because it's the newest The Sim game and there's nothing else out there being offered as new. But that will all change when the other game studios finish their own life simulation games and we'll finally have choices! So over all, I'm no longer looking forward to TS5 because of EA/Maxis direction toward low effort and underfunding. I've been supporting Paralives and Paradox Tectonic a whole lot more now.

• Lady_BalloraLady_Ballora Posts: 784 Member
    My wishlist for sims 5:

-Multi purpose community lots like they had in Sims 1

-Bring back horoscopes

-I don't mind an open world as long as you never bring back those annoying Sims 3-type rabbit holes

-Bring back Create-a-World! I loved that feature in Sims 2!

-Put in a variety of community lots in the base game: Libraries,game arcades,movie theaters,etc

-Bring back the Sims 2-type retail system!

-No Create-a-style. I've had people tell me how troublesome it was just to make CC for Sims 3

-Weather,ghosts,cemetaries.basements,toddlers,cars and,pools and pets should all be in the base game

-Speaking of pets,we should have cats,dogs,reptiles,birds,and rodents.

-No more having every Sim own a cell phone!

-Bring back the sims 2-type apartments and university!

-If we have festivals,let us create our own festivals.

-Let us have 5 traits like in Sims 3. Also bring back favorites and fears.

-No more annoying and pointless checklists for venues!

-No more game packs or pointless kits.

-No more plunking bars into every new world you make! Give us exciting new venues to make the game more immersive and believable!

-Bring back the enjoyable gameplay that Sims 1 and Sims 2 had!

-Give us traits that actually work! It's annoying to see a Loner Sim wanting to go around and hugging people, or a Lazy Sim wanting to exercise.In fact,make the Sims in Sims 5 more like the Sims in Sims 1 and 2.

Why do you hide inside these walls?
  • ClarionOfJoyClarionOfJoy Posts: 1,945 Member
    edited April 2021
    Gameflow:
    I prefer the gameflow of TS3 - both TS1 and TS2 had terrible time and needs disparities between sims in the same household if some of them go out of the lot while the others stay home. Also, you couldn't send out sims to different locations and manage them at the same time. Plus it had no story progression to make town dynamics grow and evolve. This is why the devs did away with all those problems in TS3 so the gameplay flowed much better.

I think maybe some people didn't like that about TS3 because they didn't know how to manage sims in various locations simultaneously? When I started out playing TS3, I just kept playing it and found my own routine/method of managing them all. It's really not difficult at all. Just start out with one sim in a household. When I got used to that, I added another until I developed a groove. And then I just kept adding more one by one. So it's not hard at all.

I do like the finer details added to TS2 so I hope they add it back.

---

CASt:
    Also, people actually DO love CASt - where you can change the color as well as patterns of everything in TS3! Saying otherwise isn't true. Because yes, it's nice to change the color of things, but a lot of times, changing the patterns make an item look totally like a new item! CASt is what made Katy Perry's Stuff Pack actually useful by exchanging all those crazy patterns for the more sane, normal ones! The thing is, when they were coding the process of loading all those patterns into your CASt tool, they did a simple, straight forward load function. If they just made an algorithm for speeding up the loading with minimal memory swapping, the process would have loaded up much faster with very little use of memory or power resource.

In my own experience, now that I have a new gaming laptop, at first, one of the build or buy modes (can't remember which one) DID slow down and lag, but that got fixed when I installed the game to an SSD AND installed a game booster, like Razer Cortex, which not only manages the memory of your computer, focusing as much of it as possible to your game, but it will manage your game's use of memory as well when your game is running. In this way, your game crashes less, and you won't see Error <number> messages often.

I think EA/Maxis is trying to influence people to frown on CASt so they can sell repatterned items - the same objects but with different patterns - a low effort way to rip people off. If you look at all the items for TS3, you will see that they are all pretty much unique and as such, there is no reselling of the same objects in different colors and patterns. So don't get ripped off - please advocate for CASt!

• Chicklet453681Chicklet453681 Posts: 2,431 Member
    @Lady_Ballora I really really liked your list! That's pretty much everything I want!

Except that I am desperately hoping for some sort of CASt........as a CC creator, I absolute loathe having to come up with different swatches and patterns for objects that I think will appeal to most players, it's really tiring and mentally draining. I spend more time creating textures and discarding them because I don't like it and redoing them over and over again than I do actually creating the new mesh for the object! . I would much prefer to just have one swatch and let the players change textures to anything they personally want.
  • MissCrackenthorpeMissCrackenthorpe Posts: 8 New Member
    My biggest wish would be for build/buy items that support ADA and "universal design" concepts -- for example, the ability to place ramps in addition to staircases and ladders. Even if there aren't wheelchairs in the game, it would still be nice to have wheelchair-accessible buildings. I would love to see CAS items that allow for things such as prosthetics and assistive devices, as well.
  • Ray_TraceRay_Trace Posts: 509 Member
    I don't trust EA one bit. I'm surprised EA didn't went the more nefarious route with this game and started introducing further monetization schemes onto the series on top of the endless expansion packs, and maybe they'll try always online again? They can easily go the live service route and make the game like an MMO, which, if they do, would absolutely put me off the series for good, and I'll stick with prior entries.

But I digress.

What features I want to see the most are the return of the missing stuff from Sims 3. This includes the open world, many of the traits that didn't make the cut (such as Hydrophobic, Never Nude, or Loser, I miss them a bunch in the Sims 4), Create-a-Style, horses, cars, zombies, favorites, and a lot of the small pets such as parrots and reptiles, those are at the top of my head.

Official mod workshop support such as a dedicated workshop for it would be so swell and dandy.
    A1hnP0t.png