Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

BUST THE DUST KIT - FIXES / UPDATES / BUGS (WHAT NEED TO BE FIXED?) CONSTRUCTIVE FEEDBACK

2...Next

Comments

• AuroraskiesAuroraskies Posts: 1,834 Member
    @estella_dee I think you have a very good point.
    If you want, you could add your idea to this feedback thread as well, about the bug report template:

https://answers.ea.com/t5/General-Discussion-Feedback/Idea-to-improve-the-bug-report-form/m-p/9493134#M37353

Posting on Twitter, where most of the SimGurus hang out, is also a suggestion to get attention.
  • estella_deeestella_dee Posts: 263 Member
    @estella_dee I think you have a very good point.
    If you want, you could add your idea to this feedback thread as well, about the bug report template:

https://answers.ea.com/t5/General-Discussion-Feedback/Idea-to-improve-the-bug-report-form/m-p/9493134#M37353

Posting on Twitter, where most of the SimGurus hang out, is also a suggestion to get attention.

Thanks, I'll drop by that link. and hopefully we get something like that in here, because I think it will definitely help this game get better.
  • carpe_diemcarpe_diem Posts: 280 Member
    edited March 2021
    @estella_dee I agree with @Auroraskies (thanks for the tip and link!), that’s a really good point, thanks for sharing it here.

As you suggest a dedicated thread would be great when a new pack is released. What if the team could open a “constructive feedback” thread when they release a pack/kit and let players report their (constructive) feedback (not just bugs, also thing like tuning) for a week/couple of weeks? During that time, they could work more intensively/active to implement the feedback, and that would also encourage the players to buy the pack/kit for “release” price (to be part of the feedback), and also beeing more “listened to”. Sound like a win-win situation to me.

Like take a recent example, with Snowy Escape. I’ve seen so much critique on for example people person/close knit lifestyle (bad tuning once again, the lifestyle counting family members and work relation) but there is still no fix and the issue haven’t even been recognised yet. Yeah I do see why players become very exhausted when released packs never are followed-up even if players do share constructive feedback over and over again… An “active” feedback thread is very well needed.

I would be awesome if you can add this idea to the feedback thread as suggested above. I (and other players) can give XP to the post so the team hopefully can give it some attention.
  • texxx78texxx78 Posts: 5,657 Member
    EgonVM wrote: »
    Sometimes I think it would be great if the filthy lot trait from City Living made it so lots get dusty faster. Those lot traits deserve some love, too.

Pair filthy lot trait with gremlins (things break more often) and it'll be fun. Im playing with those two lot traits in a haunted house with a lazy sim :lol:
    This is how it's looking

maai9E0.png

lXOoemH.png
    edited March 2021
    texxx78 wrote: »
    This is how it's looking

maai9E0.png

lXOoemH.png

HAHA!!! I love that your sim is completely unable to keep her home clean but still has put a sweater on her dog. Lol! Priority is the key! :D

I would love a constructive feedback thread!
    It is very nice to post in the, few, positive threads I see in this forum, and in the Feedback section here; but to get actual feedback and know that you have been heard would be so much better.

The way EA releases the packs: too early, not enough bug-tested, using the consumers as testers; would also be a good reason to have official personnel listening to the opinions about the, in full paid for, product.

Perhaps the feedback would not be so toxic then, right now I see no reason to post in most threads here or at AHQ, them being full of angry players flailing about.
    carpe_diem wrote: »
    texxx78 wrote: »
    This is how it's looking

maai9E0.png

lXOoemH.png

HAHA!!! I love that your sim is completely unable to keep her home clean but still has put a sweater on her dog. Lol! Priority is the key! :D

It was actually a dressed stray he adopted :lol:
    edited March 2021
    @estella_dee I agree with @Auroraskies (thanks for the tip and link!), that’s a really good point, thanks for sharing it here.

As you suggest a dedicated thread would be great when a new pack is released. What if the team could open a “constructive feedback” thread when they release a pack/kit and let players report their (constructive) feedback (not just bugs, also thing like tuning) for a week/couple of weeks? During that time, they could work more intensively/active to implement the feedback, and that would also encourage the players to buy the pack/kit for “release” price (to be part of the feedback), and also beeing more “listened to”. Sound like a win-win situation to me.

Like take a recent example, with Snowy Escape. I’ve seen so much critique on for example people person/close knit lifestyle (bad tuning once again, the lifestyle counting family members and work relation) but there is still no fix and the issue haven’t even been recognised yet. Yeah I do see why players become very exhausted when released packs never are followed-up even if players do share constructive feedback over and over again… An “active” feedback thread is very well needed.

I would be awesome if you can add this idea to the feedback thread as suggested above. I (and other players) can give XP to the post so the team hopefully can give it some attention.

I did provide a feedback on the link. I don't think I was very eloquent in my post, but I really hope the gurus consider it.

And yeah, yeah, of course, just like in ESO, those threads are not just reports of bugs and glitches, players actually also post what they like about the new DLC. I will admit though, games like ESO, toxicity is "normal". Actually more toxic than what we have here. But (and this is just me) I really wish EA/Maxis would listen to even the most toxic feedback. Because I'm gonna be honest with you, that's what Zenimax (ESO devs) did. They listened to everyone-- probably not the trolls, but they listen to even their most toxic players/streamers. Look, I am not advocating for people to fight or something, nor am I advocating them to burn the gurus or EA down, but I think it would be wiser for both EA and Maxis to listen to everyone, after all they would rather want to keep everyone rather than loose people buying/playing their game. Anyways, I truly hope they can do this. I think on EA and Maxis's part, it's also cost efficient-- maybe. Since all they really do is just open a thread post here on the forums. And then just have like their interns or someone really monitor or collate reports/feedback. Versus creating a ticket on answers.ea. I also suggested to have Maxis do it, rather than EA, that way the reports go straight to the devs who knows more about the game.
    edited March 2021
    Good, I saw your post, and I think your added points was equally as good as here.

I have played Elder Scrolls, great game, but am not really into forums, and think the level of hostility I see here is enough, no matter that there are worse trolls elsewhere. This game is directed to young adult, but appeals to a much more younger audience, as well as having older fans from previous iterations still hanging on; so to me it is shocking how badly run the sims forums are, considering that they are so called 'teen rated', but the ones responsible can't even make the players act respectfully to eachother, not to mention what I have read said about the Sims Team. But I think one explanation for this uncontrolled anger, beyond the slow bug fixing process and mictrotransaction exploitation; is this lack of communication.
    edited March 2021
    @estella_dee I read your post and I think you describe it very well. I have never played/heard of ESO but I still did get your point. Well done! :)

Also a curious question because of your experiences with ESO.
    Did the ”toxicity” in the ESO community change when the team started to listen and act on the feedback? (did it become more/less? After the dedicated thread for example). And how did the toxic youtubers/streamers react when they were listen to? Have they changed their mind/way of giving feedback afterwards?

I also did a similar post (asking for a dedicated feedback thread) to one of the gurus in another thread on the bug forum and linked to your post there:
    https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/BY-DESIGN-BDK-Adults-can-t-use-the-handheld-vacuum-cleaner-on/m-p/10194225#M178130

Post edited by carpe_diem on
    @estella_dee I read your post and I think you describe it very well. I have never played/heard of ESO but I still did get your point. Well done! :)

Also a curious question because of your experiences with ESO.
    Did the ”toxicity” in the ESO community change when the team started to listen and act on the feedback? (did it become more/less? After the dedicated thread for example). And how did the toxic youtubers/streamers react when they were listen to? Have they changed their mind/way of giving feedback afterwards?

I also did a similar post (asking for a dedicated feedback thread) to one of the gurus in another thread on the bug forum and linked to your post there:
    https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/BY-DESIGN-BDK-Adults-can-t-use-the-handheld-vacuum-cleaner-on/m-p/10194225#M178130

Thanks for linking it. Hopefully we get this change, I think it'd be good for everyone. :)

Also, thanks for the questions.

1.) ESO has a weird community. The community in general is quite helpful, especially for an MMO-RPG, people are generally likely to help you out, especially in game. Unlike WoW who are more... hmmm... trolly (for the lack of words). But yeah the forums can be a battlefield. And honestly, it really hasn't changed much. A game like ESO, it will always have people fighting over the smallest thing, but because the game IS competitive, it will always have heated discussions. And people WILL complain for the smallest of changes in their characters, and that is because the game's nature heavily relies on "balance", which is something that is very subjective. BTW, if you have played WoW, that's what ESO is (more or less) like.

2.) When they were first invited to their HQ (3rd year from launch, if I remember it correctly), of course they were excited about it. They even invited them to talk on their twitch.tv Developer's stream, they stream usually when there's a major update released. Honestly, I would say, the streamers and youtubers became more relaxed over the years. Even when the game was better they were still a little too intense for a significant time, even to this day you can still feel some hints in some things they don't agree, but it's less intense now than before. In my opinion at least.

***I will attach a link to a video of an ESO youtuber/streamer who is very vocal about his opinion of the game. This is a 45 minute reaction to one of the game patches (I know it's long, this is the shortest I found, most are like 2 hours long). And this is how they used react to the devs: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yzoxycg53vg skip to 03:30 for the actual review. This update the game was waaaaay better than launch, but they still did not invite the youtubers/streamers over yet.

Again, I am not promoting hate or anything. I really am not. But we have to understand that sometimes people are just frustrated and that some people are just passionate, maybe we are just reading what is written in the forums/tweets/where ever wrong. Written communication is always subject to how the reader reads through it. What I mean in your mind the writer is shouting on top of their lungs, but in reality they were just trying to explain their frustration. I do acknowledge that there are also people who actually are angry, I admit there are a number of times that I have been angry with the devs and EA. I don't think it's wrong to be angry. It's a natural human emotion, now this is just my experience, most simmers who are angry at the game their anger is directed to EA or the devs, it's never about how other simmers like the state of the game. Arguments and "fights" [in the forums] usually happens when other players try to shut other people, this is on both sides.

And for me, as a big company as EA it is just wiser for them to listen to ALL of their players, regardless of how it was said. It is not only a professional way to do, but it is also advantageous for them, after all they would like to keep everyone to play their game. I think people who still play the game whether they love the game as is or if they are one of the toxic players, love the game, because otherwise we just stop playing the game. What EA does not want are apathetic players, because then no one would just care anymore.
    Good, I saw your post, and I think your added points was equally as good as here.

I have played Elder Scrolls, great game, but am not really into forums, and think the level of hostility I see here is enough, no matter that there are worse trolls elsewhere. This game is directed to young adult, but appeals to a much more younger audience, as well as having older fans from previous iterations still hanging on; so to me it is shocking how badly run the sims forums are, considering that they are so called 'teen rated', but the ones responsible can't even make the players act respectfully to eachother, not to mention what I have read said about the Sims Team. But I think one explanation for this uncontrolled anger, beyond the slow bug fixing process and mictrotransaction exploitation; is this lack of communication.

I totally understand where you're coming from, especially when you said that there is lack of communication (on both sides). Not only lack of it, but also (and as I noticed) miscommunication. Reading something online is just not effective as when you're discussing with someone face-to-face. Words, emotions and tone is read more subjectively. So unless you're reading something void of emotion or tone, then maybe we can react to something more objectively.
  • xXPandoraXxxXPandoraXx Posts: 28 Member
    My sims are constantly inspired (they are a rich family with a butler who vacuums every day). It is driving me insane!
    Let children ride bikes! Let sims have actual one-sided relationships!
  • firstar28firstar28 Posts: 2 New Member
    [quote="SimGuruFrost;c-17828952"]

I can say right now we’ll be making some tuning adjustments to the gameplay starting with extending the period of time before your home becomes dusty in an update we’ll releasing later this month.[/quote]

It would be nice if positive moodlets from vacuuming only lasted a couple hours. It makes gameplay very one dimensional when sims are constantly inspired or happy. I’d like my sims to have the option to keep a clean house and still feel sad when someone dies or embarrassed when they do dumb stuff at work, etc.
  • elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,518 Member
    EgonVM wrote: »
    Sometimes I think it would be great if the filthy lot trait from City Living made it so lots get dusty faster. Those lot traits deserve some love, too.
    This SO MUCH!

I am very upset since they nerfed the dust, I play on rotation and haven't seen any dust appear at all following the update. Some houses I have stayed in for a sim week and still no dust.

I feel like I totally wasted my money on that kit, I want the dust back. So if it could be adjusted with the filthy lot trait, or even a new trait, that would be fab.
  • DragonAge_300905DragonAge_300905 Posts: 1,939 Member
    edited April 2021
    There is a bug where you can't complete the aspirations that came with this kit. It is possible to build a tiny house where you can't use the upright vacuum inside the house or outside on the ground and dust or dust bunnies will not accumulate on the lot. All you have to do is build a tiny house with only one entrance and a pier to the front door.

This lot you will be able to use the upright vacuum and dust or the dust bunnies will accumulate on the lot.
    https://www.ea.com/en-gb/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/pc/gallery/E9D4A36BA6D511EB84634D68E38405F0

This lot which is the same tiny house but with a pier to the front door, you won't be able to use the upright vacuum anywhere on the lot and dust or the dust bunnies will not accumulate on the lot.
    https://www.ea.com/en-gb/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/pc/gallery/69473A17A6E311EB84FD4D68E38405F0

ETA. Link to the bug report.
    https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/bust-the-dust-can-t-vacuum-tiny-house/m-p/10289427/highlight/false#M180962
  • Simmer4Ever2020Simmer4Ever2020 Posts: 15 Member
    Since last update my game been missed up no build tools when I go in build mode y'all missed my game up I think worst you can
    Hi!
    Thanks for fixing bugs and some tuning (removing the inspired moodlet makes the game more enjoyable). But Pristine level now boost +1 fine when Dusty level boost +1 happy (witch make the sims happier when their house is dirty). This makes no sense, shouldn’t it be the other way around? Have seen this be discussed on the forum and would be very happy if this can be fixed.

@SimGuruFrost
  • keekee53keekee53 Posts: 4,328 Member
    My Two Suggestions..didnt read the whole thread so sorry if I repeat.

wow please stop all the sniffing of the house....TOO MUCH!!

Also if I have a scheduled maid coming to the house, the dust should be cleaned automatically. It is pretty hilarious seeing my celebrity sims having to vacuum their homes.