Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Bust the Dust after Patch

Has anyone played with this kit after the patch? I am curious as to how it plays now. How long does it take dust to accumulate? Do rooms still look dirty after cleaning? Are sims still obsessed with the vacuum? I wouldn't mind getting this pack. But if it is going to still overwhelm everything else, I'll pass.

Comments

• WildIrishBansheeWildIrishBanshee Posts: 2,105 Member
    I didn't have any of those problems to begin with, so I couldn't tell you. :) It was very manageable in my game from the start, but I know others mileage varied widely on the kit.
  • CelSimsCelSims Posts: 2,270 Member
    One thing I can say they haven't fixed is dust in Tiny Houses. My sim is in a 64 Tile T2 and after an in game week no dust has appeared.
  • simmietimesimmietime Posts: 103 Member
    edited March 2021
    I made a vampire and made it hibernate for a week to speed up my testing for the dust system. Im pleased to say without any mods, it took 3 days to get to dusty, 5 to dirty and 8 to filthy. Good enough for me.
  • simmietimesimmietime Posts: 103 Member
    CelSims wrote: »
    One thing I can say they haven't fixed is dust in Tiny Houses. My sim is in a 64 Tile T2 and after an in game week no dust has appeared.

Yeah, thats an oversight. There are mods by Zero that adds the dust system to tiny homes, haunted homes, uni housing and rentals.
  • LoanetLoanet Posts: 4,079 Member
    Is it still so heavy on your emotions? That was the hard part for me - all your emotions came to depend on the cleanliness of your house - you could even get focused by cleaning your house!
    Prepping a list of mods to add after Infants are placed into the game. Because real life isn't 'nice'.
  • CelSimsCelSims Posts: 2,270 Member
    Loanet wrote: »
    Is it still so heavy on your emotions? That was the hard part for me - all your emotions came to depend on the cleanliness of your house - you could even get focused by cleaning your house!

Sim I'm looking at has +2 inspired with no expiry for being in a house that is pristine. He had 2 focused moodlets earlier from vacuuming.
  • SharoniaSharonia Posts: 4,853 Member
    The over powered inspired buff still remains for a clean home. I still have a mod for that issue. My sims are still obsessed with vacuuming so yet another mod I kept. The dirt appears less though so that’s a nice improvement.
  • haisinhaisin Posts: 948 Member
    Yay I was looking for a thread like this, thanks! :smile: I thought I might finally buy this kit, and it does sound better now, but with the constant +2 inspired still there I guess I'll still wait a bit and think it over.
  • elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,544 Member
    Sharonia wrote: »
    The over powered inspired buff still remains for a clean home. I still have a mod for that issue. My sims are still obsessed with vacuuming so yet another mod I kept. The dirt appears less though so that’s a nice improvement.
    For the inspired mood, is it Zero's mod you are using? I was wondering whether it got broke with the update, haven't had chance to play yet.
  • calaprfycalaprfy Posts: 3,927 Member
    It takes longer to get dusty but the minute it does, dust bunnies are on the scene. I noticed today it was less of a chore to befriend one and sims take better care of them. If you're afraid of the mega-inspired buff, just maintain a layer of dust.

But one thing is that, during six sim days, my sims did not pull out their vacuum.
  • texxx78texxx78 Posts: 5,657 Member
    calaprfy wrote: »
    It takes longer to get dusty but the minute it does, dust bunnies are on the scene. I noticed today it was less of a chore to befriend one and sims take better care of them. If you're afraid of the mega-inspired buff, just maintain a layer of dust.

But one thing is that, during six sim days, my sims did not pull out their vacuum.

That's awesome.
  • SharoniaSharonia Posts: 4,853 Member
    Sharonia wrote: »
    For the inspired mood, is it Zero's mod you are using? I was wondering whether it got broke with the update, haven't had chance to play yet.

Yep! It is and it’s still working fine.
  • elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,544 Member
    So does anyone know how long it takes to get a bit of dust? I'm still not seeing any.