Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Do you play with custom lifespans?

Atm i'm using mccc and customizing lifespans a bit. My default is normal, but i have:
- decreased pregnancies to 2 days
- decreased baby stage to 2 days
- decreased toddler stage to 5 days,
- children and teens i kept with 14 days each
- YA and adults i kept with 21 days each
- i've increased elder stage to 15 days

What about you? Have you tweaked lifespans?

Comments

• Nate_Whiplash1Nate_Whiplash1 Posts: 4,085 Member
    No customizing anything here, my only mod is for woohoo
  • friendlysimmersfriendlysimmers Posts: 7,542 Member
    i play with aging fully turn off
    If you went the sims5 to remain offline feel free to sign this petition http://chng.it/gtfHPhHK please note that it is also to keep the gallery

Repose en paix mamie tu va me manquer :

1923-2016 mamie :'(
  • mustenimusteni Posts: 5,403 Member
    I play without mods, so I have to adjust the lifespans myself. Normal feels too short to me and long is just too long. I play long, but usually age babies after three days. When they get to toddlers I often switch aging to normal as I feel that's a suitable length for toddler play. Sometimes I just estimate when a week has passed and then age them up. For other life stages I age them up when I feel like it, really wish I could set my preferred lenght in game, because I'd like having a set amount of time instead of just deciding myself.
  • AyKooChaoAyKooChao Posts: 676 Member
    edited March 2021
    Nooboo: 168 days/1.5 years (may adjust if we get improved nooboos)
    Toddler: 504 days/4.5 years (see above)
    Child: 784-896 days/7-8 years
    Teen: 448-672 days/4-6 years (depending on their birthday, when they aged up to a teen and whether or not I remember that they exist, XD)
    Young adult: 2352 - 2464 days/21-22 years
    Adult: 3360 days/30 years on average
    Elder: 1000+ days/8+ years

As you can see, it’ll be a long time before I get to generation 2. XD
    Post edited by AyKooChao on
    #ConsistencyForAliensTS4
  • texxx78texxx78 Posts: 5,657 Member
    AyKooChao wrote: »
    Teen: 448-672 days/4-6 years (depending on their birthday, when they aged up to a teen and whether or not I remember that they exist, XD)
    Young adult: 2352-2464 days/21-22 years

Wow!! That's a lot!!
  • filipomelfilipomel Posts: 1,693 Member
    I play on 28 day years.

Babies: 7 days (1 week)
    Toddler: 28 days (1 year)
    Child: 28 days (1 year)
    Teen: 28 days (1 year)
    Young Adult: 56 days (2 years)
    Adult: 84 days (3 years)
    Elder: 28 days (1 year)
    Total: 259 days (9.25 years)

With this age span I find my game moves at a pace that allows me to do what I want without feeling rushed. I have enough time to raise a family, build skills, build a career, build relationships, celebrate holidays and events, go to university, etc. and repeat through the generations. I never really played a legacy until I set my age span to what it is now. I used to play on long life span but progress was just too slow for me to enjoy legacy style gameplay.
    @filipomel i love your distribution! I assume you set your seasons to 7 days...? In normal lifespan (or my not so different custom lifespan) my sims only enjoy christmas once in a lifetime. I think the way you do gives a better sense of time going, and it def gives time to do a bit of everything (skill building, aspirations, working on relationships, career, enjoy life)...
  • CAPTAIN_NXR7CAPTAIN_NXR7 Posts: 4,451 Member
    My sims don’t age unless I bake them a birthday cake.

If and when a sim gets pregnant I make it last for at least 14 sim days so I don’t have to deal with it too soon. Doing this also gives me enough time to get over the shock. 😂
  • blueyblueskyblueybluesky Posts: 1,364 Member
    AyKooChao wrote: »
    Young adult: 2352-2464 days/21-22 years

I like this idea :) out of curiosity, have you changed the pregnancy duration to match or kept it at the 3 days?
  • VeeDubVeeDub Posts: 1,862 Member
    I play mostly rotational style saves, sometimes with quite a few rotated households in each save. After a great deal of experimentation over time, this is what I've found works best for me, as I keep aging on for my usual gameplay. I base the numbers on the "Normal" lifespan.

Pregnancy: 3 days
    Infants: 1 day
    Toddlers: 3 days
    Children: 45 days
    Teens: 50 days
    Young Adults: 360 days (I consider this my young, middle and transitional older Adult stages, depending on where they are in numbers of days)
    Adult: 70 days (I consider this my older Adult stage up to 50 days and Elder stage after)
    Elder: 20 days (this is my final Elder stage because of the way regular sim elders seem so infirm in many ways)
    FYI: Just because you can see my signature, don't assume that I can see yours.
    Because I can't; I keep all sigs turned off. ;)
  • bshag4lvbshag4lv Posts: 9,374 Member
    Not unless it's EA generated. I loved how they did it in Sims 3 and that spoiled me. I'm too chicken to try it with mods, my luck I'll bork my game. :p
    In my house, dog hair sticks to everything but the dog.
  • SmellincoffeeSmellincoffee Posts: 961 Member
    No, but I turn aging on and off depending on much I need to expand a character and how fast I want the story to move. When I start a new downloaded save, I always keep aging off until I've gotten to "know" the characters and got a feel for where I want them to go. Sometimes I'll turn aging off because I want to enjoy a particular sim for a longer....or I'll switch it to short if I want to get rid of someone or age up some kids.
  • SimsLady2000SimsLady2000 Posts: 1,236 Member
    Absolutely.
    The Sims is NOT a game, it's a lifestyle choice.

My Plumbob is GREEN today :D
  • HoveraelHoverael Posts: 1,230 Member
    I use long lifespan from TS4 options and MCCC i use game time speed at 250 to slow down time so i can appreciate the game without having to rush like a madman to do anything.

Collectively i end up with roughly 500 game days from new born baby to dead elder, however the days can be increased if i played around with the age settings in MCCC in each life state (which is currently set on default at this time), plus aspirations, potion of youth and then ways to reach immortality through vampires and spellcaster potions.

When i first started out and played up to 300 hours before i got GT, i was frustrated by how quickly time passed and how little time i had to do anything, and how my toddlers and children had to learn everything without being toddlers or children in the process and how my teenagers barely had time to be teenagers when the majority of their time at home was spent on homework, motives and improving their skills as much as possible.

None of these sims had a soul or a personality, they were just another borg drone, part of a collective consciousness. I needed to do something about that and found MCCC around the same time i got GT and it transformed my gameplay for the better when i found that game time option and set it appropriately and age span from the game options. I haven't looked back since.
  • LyrieLyrie Posts: 881 Member
    I have been playing with aging off for a long time now.

But I do have custom lifepans with MCC.

I have the lifespan in game set to normal, and the days custom are.

Pregnancy: 5 days
    Nooboo: 5 days
    Toddler: 28days
    Child: 35days.
    Teens: 42days.
    Young Adult: 63.
    Adult: 70.
    Elders: 21.

Though I am still having a test run of these and lol well been playing with aging off, so I am not satisfied by it xD I think I will extend it.

My season are set to 14 days, I think I might do toddlers 56 and increase by one or two more 7's each age after toddlers, so each age group can experience all seasons. So in theory.

Toddlers: 56
    Children: 63
    Teens: 70
    Young Adults 77
    Adults: 84
    Elders: 28.

Pregnancies and nooboos unsure of for now maybe 14 and 14.

Well thank you for this thread and letting me being able to puzzle this all out and share :)
  • AyKooChaoAyKooChao Posts: 676 Member
    @blueybluesky I have it set to 63 days, so that when you add an extra 21 days for the pre-moodlet stage, it actually lasts for 3 seasons. That gives me plenty of time to a) think of names (my least favourite part of making a Sim) and b) plan my rotations so I don’t miss the birth.
    #ConsistencyForAliensTS4
  • filipomelfilipomel Posts: 1,693 Member
    texxx78 wrote: »
    @filipomel i love your distribution! I assume you set your seasons to 7 days...? In normal lifespan (or my not so different custom lifespan) my sims only enjoy christmas once in a lifetime. I think the way you do gives a better sense of time going, and it def gives time to do a bit of everything (skill building, aspirations, working on relationships, career, enjoy life)...

Ya that's exactly my thought process! It started with wanting each life stage to experience all of the seasons, which is why toddlers kids and teens all live one full calendar year (and yes I do play on seven day seasons), but it conveniently turned out to perfectly balance my play style.
  • LivingWithLifeLivingWithLife Posts: 20 Member
    > @texxx78

me - I normally use only whites mod but if I did have that mod I would make it about 15-10 days or maybe even more depending on how I feel that day " do I want my sim to die today?"
    > @Nate_Whiplash1 said:
    > No customizing anything here, my only mod is for woohoo
    > @AyKooChao said:
    > Nooboo: 168 days/1.5 years (may adjust if we get improved nooboos)
    > Toddler: 504 days/4.5 years (see above)
    > Child: 784-896 days/7-8 years
    > Teen: 448-672 days/4-6 years (depending on their birthday, when they aged up to a teen and whether or not I remember that they exist, XD)
    > Young adult: 2352 - 2464 days/21-22 years
    > Adult: 3360 days/30 years on average
    > Elder: 1000+ days/8+ years
    >
    > As you can see, it’ll be a long time before I get to generation 2. XD

my mind - welp there gos you entire irl life

@Nate_Whiplash1 :D ur weird I like it
    > @texxx78

me - I normally use only whites mod but if I did have that mod I would make it about 15-10 days or maybe even more depending on how I feel that day " do I want my sim to die today?"

@LivingWithLife :lol:
    There was an old challenge in sims 3 that was called the speed challenge. You had to get to the 10th generation and fulfill some goals with something like 10 days lifespan: 1 day baby, 1 day toddler, 1 day child, 1 day teen, 2 days ya, 3 days adult and 2 days elder i think.
    > @texxx78 said:
    > @LivingWithLife :lol:
    > There was an old challenge in sims 3 that was called the speed challenge. You had to get to the 10th generation and fulfill some goals with something like 10 days lifespan: 1 day baby, 1 day toddler, 1 day child, 1 day teen, 2 days ya, 3 days adult and 2 days elder i think.

Dats FAST
    my mind - what if that was real life? WHAT WOULD I DO????!!!!??!!!
  • MelsieYTMelsieYT Posts: 289 Member
    I have different lifespans for different saves (different MCCC folders). For challenges like the Not So Berry Challenge I play on normal lifespan.

For my long-term legacy families (I currently have two) I play modified lifespan. I also change the skill rate so it's twice as hard to level up (and therefore makes careers and aspirations take longer).

Pregnancy length: 6 days
    6 days for baby (yeah I'm weird)
    14 days for toddlers
    18 days for children
    20 days for teens
    40 days for young adults
    44 days for adults
    22 days for elders

I also have a medieval/spellcaster/vampire save file that's more story-driven. I switch households often and want time to really explore all of the different characters. Sometimes I'll even pause aging altogether if I'm diving into a particular story that needs time to unfold.

Pregnancy length: 18 days
    18 days for baby (yeah I'm weird)
    68 days for toddlers
    80 days for children
    86 days for teens
    166 days for young adults
    186 days for adults
    94 days for elders

• HillyBethHillyBeth Posts: 3,505 Member
    edited March 2021
    texxx78 wrote: »
    Atm i'm using mccc and customizing lifespans a bit. My default is normal, but i have:
    - decreased pregnancies to 2 days
    - decreased baby stage to 2 days
    - decreased toddler stage to 5 days,
    - children and teens i kept with 14 days each
    - YA and adults i kept with 21 days each
    - i've increased elder stage to 15 days

What about you? Have you tweaked lifespans?

9 day pregnancies for this reason:
    Young Adults age up after 40 days
    Adults age up after 40 days

Teens and Children age up after 21 days

Babies I kept default and Toddlers age up after two weeks

Elders I think I gave them 30 days. Just so they'll be able to meet grandchildren. Though I don't think it'll happen to my legacy sims as the parents became elders not long after their son- pictured in my avi helping his sister, who lives with him, with a project- became a young adult and is currently going to college while living in Del Sol Valley and writing books.
    Origin ID
    HillyPlays
    P.A.C.E- Positive Attitude Changes Everything
  • RouensimsRouensims Posts: 4,858 Member
    I have aging off in my game and only age up my Sims with cake. Nobody dies.
    Ooh Be Gah!! Whipna Choba-Dog? Whipna Choba-Dog!! :smiley:
  • manicobsessivemanicobsessive Posts: 1,103 Member
    I have aging turned off, but I am going to make pregnancies last a little longer If you can I think.