Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What will you do with bunkbeds?

Comments

• AineAine Posts: 3,043 Member
    edited March 2021
    Bunkbeds are definitely a huge improvement for smaller houses. Now I can have more sims living in tiny homes, which I love to build. And kids sharing room so much easier now.
    Allons-y!

---> Afterlife Game Pack Idea - improved ghosts, cemeteries and funerals, psychics, new skills, new career and more! <---
    ---> Burglary Stuff Pack Idea - Burglars, alarm systems, and diamonds to steal!<---
  • Monet11Monet11 Posts: 1,422 Member
    I am not that interested in bunk beds. But I do have a save where my romeo sim left Liberty Lee and Summer Holiday a couple of tiny newborns. The bunkbeds will come in handy for that household, at some point.
  • NikkihNikkih Posts: 1,758 Member
    edited March 2021
    They will be amazing for starter homes and tiny homes, when your sims start to expand on their family they don't have to move out straight away, very space saving aswell, can't wait until tomorrow, even more happy they are free 😂
  • PickledtiaraPickledtiara Posts: 169 Member
    Definitely getting some ideas from this thread! Especially updating rentals...some just don't fit 3 or more kids plus parents very well lol.

Or the butler. I had no idea they join the family on vacation, I had to place a bed in the hallway. Bunkbeds are going to be so good for rentals.
    Gallery ID Pickledtiara
  • MyriadSimsMyriadSims Posts: 1,197 Member
    Imma use it to make a prison cell for random sims and just CRAM people in there like sardines.
  • SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,963 Member
    edited March 2021
    I saw a livestream where someone put a top bunk bed only against a wall and put a dog door there, and put a little room on the other side for the toddler to play in. I thought that was cute.
  • EliasVersaceEliasVersace Posts: 477 Member
    edited March 2021
    For some more bunk bed fun:
    IllogicalSims just released a bunk bed and loft bed variant of the Discover University bed. It looks really good and clean, I think this will be the first piece of build CC that I'll keep in my game permanently. Here's the link: https://illogicalsims.tumblr.com/post/646621157929451520/discover-university-bunk-bed-i-literally-paused
  • CAPTAIN_NXR7CAPTAIN_NXR7 Posts: 4,457 Member
    Gonna go ‘Bunkers’ and make 500 babies for my 250 Bunkbeds. I’ll call ‘em The BunkBedBabies.
    Then I’ll spread them all around Newscrest and move them into their little Bunk Bed Houses and I’ll call it Bunkbed Town.
  • BookBearBookBear Posts: 488 Member
    edited March 2021
    I just made another excuse to not move in to a bigger apartment. :lol: "Yeah we can totally fit five kids in here! Look, we're saving space with a bunkbed! It's fine!" :eye twitch:
    It's not even that it's expensive, they have a spare $30,000 lying around, I just can't be bothered to furnish a new one.
    Offering free hugs for your time of need.
    8763f1fcdeee963323782673c8c95eee.gif
  • GoldmoldarGoldmoldar Posts: 11,966 Member
    It is nice to have bunkbeds but for me it is an minor addition and nothing major but If I decide to play again I will put them to good use. Now if I can get tools to create my own neighborhoods or even edit them lots and all, an color wheel or Cast will definitely make me feel giddy. :)
    Omen by HP Intel®️ Core™️ i9- 12900K W/ RGB Liquid Cooler 32GB Nvidia RTX 3080 10Gb ASUS Ultra-Wide 34" Curved Monitor. Omen By HP Intel® Core™ i7-12800HX 32 GB Nvidia 3070 Ti 8 GB 17.3 Screen
  • elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,543 Member
    Gonna go ‘Bunkers’ and make 500 babies for my 250 Bunkbeds. I’ll call ‘em The BunkBedBabies.
    Then I’ll spread them all around Newscrest and move them into their little Bunk Bed Houses and I’ll call it Bunkbed Town.

Is that bunkbed shaped houses? I wanna see evidence 😄
  • GracieO312GracieO312 Posts: 1,292 Member
    edited March 2021
    Ehh... not quite the vibe I was going for but it'll have to do for now. Unless they update with more loft bed types but I sincerely doubt that they'll do that.

I wish the top bunk covers matched!

9VlQdmY.png

I do love that the little trunk at the end of the bed stays though!

Is that bunkbed shaped houses? I wanna see evidence 😄

@elanorbreton
    Why do I always have to prove myself?
    But they have a bouncy castle. <3

Bunk-Bed-Town.jpg

*please do not encourage me. *
  • davina1221davina1221 Posts: 3,656 Member
    As a way to have more space playing large families. I love to have/adopt around 6 kids, so bunk beds are huge for my play style. One way I plan to use them is to create an even smaller house to play more Sims with. Possibly, I may start with a small house and let them build on as the money comes in and isn't used for anything else.
  • MeowchaFrappeMeowchaFrappe Posts: 840 Member
    I'll probably use them in dorm rooms (both the actual bunk bed and loft style beds) and maybe military barracks if I ever decide to download them from the gallery. Or for smaller apartment type builds for single young adults.
  • elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,543 Member
    @CAPTAIN_NXR7 hmmm... I'm not trying to be disparaging but... maybe you're just not meant to make bunkbed shaped houses :D:D:D
    @CAPTAIN_NXR7 hmmm... I'm not trying to be disparaging but... maybe you're just not meant to make bunkbed shaped houses :D:D:D

That hurts.
    What’s wrong with my BunkBedHouse? It’s got beds! And potties too. I know you can’t see them from that angle, but they’re there. Behind the bunkbeds.

I can’t believe this. You should encourage me instead. 😜

That hurts.
    What’s wrong with my BunkBedHouse? It’s got beds! And potties too. I know you can’t see them from that angle, but they’re there. Behind the bunkbeds.

Yeah the children;'s pool is the tub but I see no toilets and I can only think of one place they can go and hope they have an lot clean sheets. :D
    Omen by HP Intel®️ Core™️ i9- 12900K W/ RGB Liquid Cooler 32GB Nvidia RTX 3080 10Gb ASUS Ultra-Wide 34" Curved Monitor. Omen By HP Intel® Core™ i7-12800HX 32 GB Nvidia 3070 Ti 8 GB 17.3 Screen
    edited March 2021

That hurts.

🤣, your build looks very interesting, is it functional ?, I see they have plenty places to sleep 😂 I'm joking it looks fun, does the super sized bunkbed work 😂 @CAPTAIN_NXR7
  • DevSims91DevSims91 Posts: 470 Member
    Use them in tiny homes/kids rooms/small dorm rooms... Waiting to make an official loft bed with full desk and chair.

I’m excited though!
    Nikkih wrote: »

🤣, your build looks very interesting, is it functional ?,
    Oh sure. 😂
    does the super sized bunkbed work 😂
    It does, but only for the giant baby.
    Goldmoldar wrote: »
    Yeah the children;'s pool is the tub but I see no toilets and I can only think of one place they can go and hope they have an lot clean sheets. :D
    I know a magic word: Nappies. These are all stored in the giant bears. 😁

Oh sure. 😂

:D:D
  • Umbreon12Umbreon12 Posts: 881 Member
    Back again.
    Anyway, next time I play my Sims game, I plan to sell the single beds, and replace them with the bunk beds. I tend to have big families, but not enough room if I don't use cheats.

Oh sure. 😂

You got a bit excited with the bunkbeds completely understandable 😂, awww naw a giant baby could you imagine the size of there poop they wee potties you got in your bunkbed house wont be seen again lol @CAPTAIN_NXR7
    edited March 2021
    You got a bit excited with the bunkbeds completely understandable 😂, awww naw a giant baby could you imagine the size of there poop they wee potties you got in your bunkbed house wont be seen again lol @CAPTAIN_NXR7
    @Nikkih
    I could easily imagine this. But I’d rather not. 😅