Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

It’s more than just bunk beds.

123457...Next

Comments

• Aquarius94Aquarius94 Posts: 505 Member
    So what exactly are these "trait improvements" they were talking about?
  • Pamtastic72Pamtastic72 Posts: 4,545 Member
    @Aquarius94

"The Traits that we have improved are Bookworm, Cheerful, Clumsy, Genius, Gloomy, Glutton, Good, Goofball, Hates Children, Hot-Headed, Jealous, Mean, Neat, Noncommittal, Perfectionist. We also made some Reactionary Trait changes to Slob and Ambitious. We think this selection captures a proportional set of positive and negative Traits. But wait… there's more! We also made some changes to daily activities, such as Taking a Shower or Eating a Meal, that would allow them to be completed in less time. We hope that you enjoy playing with these changes and we look forward to hearing from you about them."

• LazzialLazzial Posts: 159 Member
    edited March 2021
    Auto Solving for Hygiene should no longer queue a drink in the interaction queue - It's still doing it lol

I'm really surprised they didn't fix loves outdoors trait. The only way I can keep a sim with that trait outside is if I put a speaker, TV, or computer outside :D
  • manicobsessivemanicobsessive Posts: 1,103 Member
    edited March 2021
    Is anybody else finding that their sims can't sit on certain furniture? Ever since the update my sims won't sit in their dining chairs anymore?

Edit: Actually, if the chairs aren't at a table they're fine. It's only if they are at a table, and it's only certain chairs. I'm perplexed. :/
  • AineAine Posts: 3,043 Member
    I do notice the changes in the traits - I made a sim that was both bookworm and neat and she had fun both reading and cleaning.
    Allons-y!

---> Afterlife Game Pack Idea - improved ghosts, cemeteries and funerals, psychics, new skills, new career and more! <---
    ---> Burglary Stuff Pack Idea - Burglars, alarm systems, and diamonds to steal!<---
  • haisinhaisin Posts: 948 Member
    Okay, my sims just went to a restaurant and boy they eat fast. A couple of bites and the fruit salad bowl is empty, two bites and the baked Alaska is gone. I honestly think that is too fast. At least they can talk about food even though they already finished eating, but still.
  • CelSimsCelSims Posts: 2,270 Member
    Thank you for all the testing people have done with the beds, looking forward to playing round with them.

I love how fast sims eat now, hours of in game time seemed over the top, even for me who can take an hour to eat a meal heh.
    Playing vanilla while waiting on mod news and I didn't notice any difference really with the sim I was messing with. Still wanting to grab water, cook a meal then go get peas.. how are we supposed to tell if traits have improved when they are so bug ridden? :/
    edited March 2021
    haisin wrote: »
    Okay, my sims just went to a restaurant and boy they eat fast. A couple of bites and the fruit salad bowl is empty, two bites and the baked Alaska is gone. I honestly think that is too fast. At least they can talk about food even though they already finished eating, but still.

I'm glad, I hated that I had to start a dinner date at noon in order to have any hope of being done by 8 p.m. Now maybe they can go out to dinner and still have time to go to a movie, or bowling, or to a lounge or club.

ETA: @haisin I love your avatar.
    edited March 2021

I'm glad, I hated that I had to start a dinner date at noon in order to have any hope of being done by 8 p.m. Now maybe they can go out to dinner and still have time to go to a movie, or bowling, or to a lounge or club.

The problem with restaurants was never how fast sims eat. It's how slow everything else is. Mostly due to this game's REALLY bad AI. It takes like two weeks just to be seated, to get your order, and for the food to actually reach your sims. And God help you if any of the sims at your table aren't part of your active household. Restaurants in TS4 are the freakin worst.

Personally, I'm not a big fan of them making sims eat and bathe faster (especially since there's already a "speedy shower" option). They already eat too fast when I want them to have a meal together as a group. Now they're even faster? That sucks.

If they really wanted to tweak the speed of an action, they should be looking into how unbearably slow it is to write songs. I use a mod to fix that but the guy who made it is retired. So once we get an update that breaks that mod, there go all my musician sims.
    Aquarius94 wrote: »

The problem with restaurants was never how fast sims eat. It's how slow everything else is. Mostly due to this game's REALLY bad AI. It takes like two weeks just to be seated, to get your order, and for the food to actually reach your sims. And God help you if any of the sims at your table aren't part of your active household. Restaurants in TS4 are the freakin worst.

Personally, I'm not a big fan of them making sims eat and bathe faster (especially since there's already a "speedy shower" option). They already eat too fast when I want them to have a meal together as a group. Now they're even faster? That sucks.

If they really wanted to tweak the speed of an action, they should be looking into how unbearably slow it is to write songs. I use a mod to fix that but the guy who made it is retired. So once we get an update that breaks that mod, there go all my musician sims.

I only use the Maxis built restaurants and the only issue I ever have is that my sims take an age to eat. Now when I use player built venues then that’s when the hair tearing out begins, too many tables, too much clutter, things too close together equals routing failures, slow service, bottlenecks in bathrooms, between tables, at the host stand/entrance in other words chaos. 😬
  • elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,518 Member
    please don't tell me sims eat faster now? According to the patch info? I'm on a sim break can anyone confirm. I want them to eat slower not faster 😭😭
    They eat fast now. I had a couple of sims finish their meals with just about two bites, but the one who was watching TV at the same time ate a bit slower. I'm a bit worried if they'll eat fast in restaurants too. I kinda liked them to talk and eat and take their time, but I guess I can live with them just gobbling their food and talking after that :sweat_smile::/
    I have to say, I was happy with the speed of eating before. Not too slow, but slow enough to eat together if you timed it right.

I hope it isn't going to ruin dining out.

If anything needs to be done faster, it is washing hands and taking a bath.
  • haisinhaisin Posts: 948 Member
    @Pamtastic72 aww thank you! :blush:
  • Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    edited March 2021
    Why is no one talking about the fact that sims can relax in bed now?! I've wanted this since this game came out!! It's something that was in the sims since TS2 and it's such a realistic behavior...it's bonkers that it was missing in a lifesim like TS4.

BUbdJoF.png

They can even watch tv while relaxing! I hope they'll add the ability to read books too in the future whilst relaxing in bed.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • bettycrocketbettycrocket Posts: 99 Member
    @Sigzy05 I just noticed this today when I was playtesting the bunk beds XD
    I haven't seen this since TS3
    Sigzy05 wrote: »
    Why is no one talking about the fact that sims can relax in bed now?!

Because I'm still trying to figure out why we never had that from the start. Sims could sit on beds but they couldn't lie on them until seven years later? XD
  • Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    edited March 2021

Because I'm still trying to figure out why we never had that from the start. Sims could sit on beds but they couldn't lie on them until seven years later? XD

I know right...but hey, better later than never. I'm enjoying it.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1

Oh no doubt. Stuff like that just makes me wish I could be occasionally be a fly on the wall at Maxis to figure out what 's going through their heads when they make their most baffling decisions lol
  • KatAnubisKatAnubis Posts: 3,241 Member

There was an option for "relax" on the bed, but my Sims would never actually do it. They'd lay down for a moment, then get up. So I mostly ignored that option. Sounds like this is a fix for the previously unusable "relax."

I love the read under the covers animation for kids too. I hope they add more animations for the bed like snuggling for couples, and reading in bed for adults would be nice too.
    Why is no one talking about the fact that sims can relax in bed now?! I've wanted this since this game came out!! It's something that was in the sims since TS2 and it's such a realistic behavior...it's bonkers that it was missing in a lifesim like TS4.

BUbdJoF.png

They can even watch tv while relaxing! I hope they'll add the ability to read books too in the future whilst relaxing in bed.

• msullivan789msullivan789 Posts: 16 Member
    Not only is it other features, but it means they are listening to what the community wants which is huge.
  • CelSimsCelSims Posts: 2,270 Member
    @AquaGamer1212 Did you figure out which mod is preventing your sims from sleeping on the bed? I'm having the same problem, can nap or relax but not sleep, (although they can autonomously use it to sleep, just not if I try to tell them to). I updated Tmex Build/Buy.
    If not I'll start the 50/50.
  • netney52netney52 Posts: 1,214 Member
    I also liked the eating speed before now the hunger bar fills up quicker then the fun bar when my sims eat and watch tv at the same time so now they finish their meals way before their fun levels increase and then turn the tv when they have finished eating. Sounds a stupid thing to complain about but it’s really annoying me.
  • IceyJIceyJ Posts: 4,641 Member
    edited March 2021
    calaprfy wrote: »
    bixters wrote: »
    kokoro80 wrote: »
    I've asked this in another thread but haven't gotten an answer but anyone who's installed the pack can you read in bed or just watch tv?

They showed a kid reading under the covers in the stream

I'm sorry to be negative, but I'm not really impressed by that. I want to see my sims laying on the bed reading, not under the covers. Does this even work for adults?

Yes, to me it looked like they were self-woohooing!

Lol, I thought the same thing. Way too much movement going on. It was quite uncomfortable to watch.
  • AquaGamer1212AquaGamer1212 Posts: 5,417 Member
    CelSims wrote: »
    @AquaGamer1212 Did you figure out which mod is preventing your sims from sleeping on the bed? I'm having the same problem, can nap or relax but not sleep, (although they can autonomously use it to sleep, just not if I try to tell them to). I updated Tmex Build/Buy.
    If not I'll start the 50/50.

I took out my KawaiiStacie and LittleMsSam mod folders and they helped so if you have any of their mods it’s one of them. I’ll probably do the 50/50 method tomorrow.
    ts4_blossom_meadows_world_icon_gif_fan_art_by_hazzaplumbob-d.gif