Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Question About Faster Eating

talongirl6talongirl6 Posts: 184 Member
Hi everybody! So I saw that Sims eat faster now, and I was wondering if this affects anything. Does it cause some interactions, such as the Feed a Bite interaction or the interactions for discussing food to not work since they eat more quickly now? Or do they still work just fine as long as you can get your Sim to do them before they finish eating? I'm a bit worried to update my game now because I love those interactions and I want my Sims to still be able to do that. I did ask about this on another topic, but I feel like it would be better as a discussion post since more people may be able to help me that way. Thanks!

Update: I updated my game and tested out the Feed a Bite interaction along with the other food interactions after hearing that everything seemed to be working right from others on this discussion. It all worked! Thanks for helping me!
Post edited by talongirl6 on

Comments

• WildIrishBansheeWildIrishBanshee Posts: 2,105 Member
    I don't see why not? It took them sim hours to eat, so yeah, should still be able to. But I'm waiting on my major mods to update before I attempt the patch, so I don't know for sure.
  • IcewolfIcewolf Posts: 709 Member
    Am I the only one who think they eat too fast now? I think it was fine before. In The Sims 3 every sim would gobble down their food in a second and it was hard to get a family to eat together. I've always been happy that sims took their time to eat in The Sims 4. And now they east almost as fast as in The Sims 3 again, ugh.
  • BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    Simmers once again nerfed one of my favorite things in ts4🙄🙄 I'm over it.
    Great for those who wanted it I guess....
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
  • RouensimsRouensims Posts: 4,858 Member
    I felt like my Sims ate too slowly but got up too quickly afterward. I’d like them to eat quickly for those rush days, but be willing to sit and spend time afterward with their family on slower days. They keep hopping up the minute they’re done eating.
    Ooh Be Gah!! Whipna Choba-Dog? Whipna Choba-Dog!! :smiley:
  • kusurusukusurusu Posts: 971 Member
    Rouensims wrote: »
    I felt like my Sims ate too slowly but got up too quickly afterward. I’d like them to eat quickly for those rush days, but be willing to sit and spend time afterward with their family on slower days. They keep hopping up the minute they’re done eating.

so the issue here isn't how fast they eat, but what they do once finished?
    My SuperSim Collection: Rosetta Stone · Sona Ali
  • WildIrishBansheeWildIrishBanshee Posts: 2,105 Member
    As long as they don't take 4 hours to eat anymore, I'm happy. Who does that?
  • mustenimusteni Posts: 5,405 Member
    I liked my sims eating slowly. I love taking pictures when they're at the dining table, so this could potentially be a problem for me. I haven't really tested this side yet.
  • telemwilltelemwill Posts: 1,752 Member
    I feel like it was so hard to have a family meal in the Sims anyway. At this point it is probably impossible to have a large family all sit down to eat at once.

I guess I will find out more once I am able to get back into the game.
  • haisinhaisin Posts: 948 Member
    I tried it a bit and they eat very fast now. Two or three bites and they are done. They can talk about the food after that, but feed a bite could be hard to do. I didn't remember to try it.

I didn't mind them eating slowly, but I also don't mind if they eat a little bit faster. Yet I think they eat too fast now. I wish they would take at least four or five bites to finish their meals. I was also worried they wouldn't sniff their food anymore or do the other animations, but one of my sims still sniffed the food. I was happy to see it :)
  • DaraviDaravi Posts: 1,144 Member
    My sims had always, really everytime, interrupt their meals to hug each other, whenever I told them just to ask about the day, school or whatever to start the conversation for getting the social need up. And after the hug they changed the position on the table, or they forget to sit down again and stand for the rest of the meal. It was more then annoying, even for storytelling. These pictures of a meal, would make no sense. I sweared so many curses about this behaviour. I'm playing without autonomy for reasons, so I'm more then happy about the changes now. Although I don't know if these changes affect the feasts?
  • Mstybl95Mstybl95 Posts: 5,883 Member
    I don't know how I feel about this. On the one hand, my sims almost never sit down to eat and making them eat faster is the answer to that problem. But I would prefer for them to eat sitting down and at a medium pace so they can chat, but not be late for work or school.

I think what is like is for sims to eat quickly for breakfast and lunch, but for dinner when they're most likely going to be eating as a family, have them eat slow and socialize. Sit even after they finish eating. How do you get them to just sit?
  • elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,549 Member
    It's a pity they didn't just speed up the eating for 'quick meals'. That would have been great, cos if you are in a hurry you could gobble down a sandwich and go.

But I liked my sims sitting down to a proper meal and having some chat time together sometimes.

Maybe in the future they could bring out additional options for events, like romantic meals or family meals which would be more like the feasts and involve slower eating and chat time.
  • logionlogion Posts: 4,719 Member
    edited March 2021
    I have not updated my game, but it will be interesting to see what this update does, I have always used a faster eating mod and I have never had any problems with sims sitting down at the table and talk when they are eating or get them to keep sitting at the table and talk afterwards but I do use some other mods that tweak the game like bienchens fewerautonomusintroductions and lessautohuggingandgreeting.
  • talongirl6talongirl6 Posts: 184 Member
    haisin wrote: »
    I tried it a bit and they eat very fast now. Two or three bites and they are done. They can talk about the food after that, but feed a bite could be hard to do. I didn't remember to try it.

I didn't mind them eating slowly, but I also don't mind if they eat a little bit faster. Yet I think they eat too fast now. I wish they would take at least four or five bites to finish their meals. I was also worried they wouldn't sniff their food anymore or do the other animations, but one of my sims still sniffed the food. I was happy to see it :)

Ah, interesting! Thank you for this information, and thank you to everyone else who responded too! I'm glad that they can still discuss the food then even though they eat faster now. I really do want to know if the Feed a Bite interaction will still work at all. I might risk updating to try it out myself. I'm going to be a bit sad if it doesn't work.
  • TinyrazorPlayerTinyrazorPlayer Posts: 49 Member
    Well this makes the restaurants quite awkward on so many levels.
  • LazzialLazzial Posts: 159 Member
    edited March 2021
    It took my sims about 25 (in game) minutes eating alone and almost an hour while carrying on a conversation. I'm pretty happy with this change. Seems much more realistic. Especially drinking, it's fast now thank goodness.
  • mightyspritemightysprite Posts: 5,872 Member
    Restaurants are working fine thankfully. They stay at the table after finishing their food, until you click on it to end the meal and pay bill.
  • JustinJustin Posts: 731 Member
    edited March 2021
    I don’t like the new change. Like others have said, I like how my sims, family’s & their significant others took their time for meals they’ve cooked/baked. I appreciated looking at the food they would eat, imaging myself eating it. It also inspired me in real life to mimic some of the dishes myself.

However, what did bother me prior to patch was Quick Meals. Quick Meals should be that, a quick meal. I use them to fill my sims hunger before work/school but hate how long it would take them to finish. I doubt it would happen but I would prefer if they reverted the changes for the food you cook/bake but keep it only for the quick meals. Other then that, I had no problem with the meal times.
  • SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,956 Member
    edited March 2021
    idk ive just noticed i can actually feed my toddlers before they get taken by evil aunties

personally i prefer sims eating fast most of the time

but i think we could perhaps have separate group interaction to make them eat slower and appreciate their meal and company more for people who want their dinner parties to last longer
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • Amj1995Amj1995 Posts: 4,068 Member
    Justin wrote: »
    I don’t like the new change. Like others have said, I like how my sims, family’s & their significant others took their time for meals they’ve cooked/baked. I appreciated looking at the food they would eat, imaging myself eating it. It also inspired me in real life to mimic some of the dishes myself.

However, what did bother me prior to patch was Quick Meals. Quick Meals should be that, a quick meal. I use them to fill my sims hunger before work/school but hate how long it would take them to finish. I doubt it would happen but I would prefer if they reverted the changes for the food you cook/bake but keep it only for the quick meals. Other then that, I had no problem with the meal times.

@Justin - Yes, I agree with this and it only makes sense!
  • EllupelluelluEllupelluellu Posts: 6,910 Member
    Justin wrote: »
    However, what did bother me prior to patch was Quick Meals. Quick Meals should be that, a quick meal. I use them to fill my sims hunger before work/school but hate how long it would take them to finish.

This one, very much.

My love, my love, my fearless love, I will not say goodbye..
    Sea may rise, sky may fall, My love will never die..
    My heart, my heart, My drowning heart, Oh all the tears I've cried
    Oh I may weep forevermore, My love will never die..

My Story:Villa Catarina
  • SharoniaSharonia Posts: 4,853 Member
    edited March 2021
    I didn’t mind the speed they ate at before the update. I’m happy for the faster showers but eating was never an issue for me.

Baths still take forever.
    Post edited by Sharonia on
  • WelshyWelshy Posts: 43 Member
    edited March 2021
    I noticed when the sim eats they no longer get as full, which kind of defeats the point because I had to make mine eat twice

I like that sims eat faster, but maybe it’s too fast, part of ts4 selling point from the creators was to have them multitask, but now they eat so fast they’re done before they’ve even started talking and watching tv
  • GordyGordy Posts: 3,020 Member
    Count me in on the annoyance, though if Quick Meals are sped up, I'm super happy there. As for family time, I personally like to set the meals out on the table for my sims, then make them sit together before allowing any of them to eat. It's annoying because they'll always sneak bites when they grab food, and Call to Meal is essentially worthless because they eat so quickly. But it's still neat.
    TS1_dragons_hatching.jpg
    The Sims 4 hasn't introduced a new musical instrument since 2017
  • Hearts4uHearts4u Posts: 1,775 Member
    edited March 2021
    @Icewolf .... You are not alone.
    Icewolf wrote: »
    Am I the only one who think they eat too fast now? I think it was fine before. In The Sims 3 every sim would gobble down their food in a second and it was hard to get a family to eat together. I've always been happy that sims took their time to eat in The Sims 4. And now they east almost as fast as in The Sims 3 again, ugh.

@elanorbreton ... This would have been a more appropriate alternative.
    It's a pity they didn't just speed up the eating for 'quick meals'.

Yet another thing I didn't even know was a problem. The way they ate before was just fine to me. I don’t understand why this of all things needed to be changed.
    why.jpg

Origin ID: littlebonnieblue