Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Let's Find Those Trait Improvements

EgonVMEgonVM Posts: 4,926 Member
edited February 13 in Nominated Threads
According to the patch notes, the following traits have been updated:
Bookworm, Cheerful, Clumsy, Genius, Gloomy, Glutton, Good, Goofball, Hates Children, Hot-Headed, Jealous, Mean, Neat, Noncommittal, Perfectionist

And there are two more traits that received a update in some short of reactionary form:
Slob and Ambitious

As I am curious, I'd love to find out more about this. And sometimes other players notice more things than I do.

So let's team up together and find those trait improvements! Shall we?

According to the live stream, bookworm sims should now gain more fun from reading books, so that's one down. Let's find more!
Post edited by EA_Solaire on

Comments

• RouensimsRouensims Posts: 4,858 Member
    I'm so happy about these changes! I play a lot of bookworm and genius Sims, and it's nice to see that they haven't fundamentally changed but get to express their traits better.
    Ooh Be Gah!! Whipna Choba-Dog? Whipna Choba-Dog!! :smiley:
  • BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    Nothing for childish sims?😢
    Great thread btw! I'm on a sims break but ill be watching. I think it's more fun that they didn't tell us lol🤭
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
  • EgonVMEgonVM Posts: 4,926 Member
    edited March 2021
    musteni wrote: »
    I'm now playing a family with a clumsy & neat sim and another sim who hates children. This far I noticed that the neat sim is able to "polish to perfection" things that are already clean. The interaction doesn't go away. Other sims don't have the interaction available.

Good catch! Indeed neat sims can now clean objects that are already clean. The Polish to Perfection renaming comes from Bust the Dust kit.
    Tables usually don't get dirty during normal gameplay. You can make them dirty with cheats though...

Well then. Now I couldn't find more. So it's time to play longer and pay attention. I'll make comments if I notice improvements that haven't been brought out yet.

So yes, if you notice any improvements, post them here. Let's see how many can we find! Perhaps SimGurus can give little hints... ;)
    Anyway, thank you to those who have already commented here! Let's find out other differences together, shall we?
  • tinahjalmartinahjalmar Posts: 1,595 Member
    edited March 2021
    My Sim has the Neat trait. The shower is now faster and when I click on the counters, I get an option saying Polish To Perfection
  • jimbbqjimbbq Posts: 2,734 Member
    Trait overhaul is much needed. I was hoping they would update whims to go with overhauled traits too. Guess it is too much to ask.
  • VeeDubVeeDub Posts: 1,862 Member
    Maybe they changed it specifically to be used by Neat sims (I don't know, as I've not updated yet). Polish to Pefection had been coming up as an interaction for several of my sims after the kits pre-patch, and not a single one of them had the Neat trait.
    FYI: Just because you can see my signature, don't assume that I can see yours.
    Because I can't; I keep all sigs turned off. ;)
  • mustenimusteni Posts: 5,403 Member
    I know about "polish to perfection" pretty much being the new "clean" (although sometimes it shows "clean lightly instead"). What I meant is that neat sims can now do the interaction repeatedly on surfaces that don't need cleaning and also some surfaces that weren't available before. So they can really clean to their heart's content now :) Sorry if I made it confusing.
  • Ana__AndreaAna__Andrea Posts: 14 New Member
    Polish to perfection was there before for my neat sim. It came with bust the dust.
  • ForgeronForgeron Posts: 272 Member
    alan650111 wrote: »
    I am currently playing Izzy Fabulous, because he won the lottery in my game. Anyway, he has two of the traits that have been updated, Cheerful and Genius. Haven't noticed anything for Cheerful yet, but after his shower, he got this notification: Izzy had a Eureka Moment! Being a Genius, this gave them a boost to one of their more practiced skills.

rSNcKeE.jpg

Great! These are the exact things they need to keep adding. I hope they plan on updating all the traits in some way beyond the group they did this time. They are actually LISTENING! About time when it comes to traits! :)

@alan650111 I hope its not going to be base game ONLY. I really don't understand whats the problem with not updating/improving/fixing existing packs once they were released.
  • ForgeronForgeron Posts: 272 Member
    I'm really excited for this trait overhaul. My hopes are that they'll update ALL traits from base game and then will move to update the pack traits too. Then, would be lovely to see an in-game version of meaningful stories improving the emotions and then scrap the whims system and add a fears and wants system. :3
    It all together could save sims 4 further to me.
  • bookish_sammybookish_sammy Posts: 223 Member
    I went in to play a noncommittal sim and one who hates children. I didn't notice any changes in either of them. The one who hates children autonomously sat down with a toddler to do flash cards, so... yeah. The noncommittal sim asked a girl to be his girlfriend and didn't get a negative mood or anything. Not really sure what was changed because I can't see a difference at all. I will have to play my bookworm Sim later to see if I notice anything different with him.
    I have to say that in a couple of days playing I didn't notice anything with clumsy or hates children traits (there was a toddler around). Either the changes are very subtle or they require a certain kind of situation to show. I was really looking forward to clumsy improvements.
  • kusurusukusurusu Posts: 971 Member
    Ambitious Sims will now scoff if someone nearby performs a mischievious social interaction
    uhtkSsc.png
    My SuperSim Collection: Rosetta Stone · Sona Ali
  • calaprfycalaprfy Posts: 3,927 Member
    Polish to perfection was there before for my neat sim. It came with bust the dust.

No it didn't, it was there before BtD.

I'm disappointed the evil trait wasn't improved. And the hates children trait? Bet that doesn't make sims clip kids around the ear!
  • alan650111alan650111 Posts: 3,295 Member
    I have to say that in a couple of days playing I didn't notice anything with clumsy or hates children traits (there was a toddler around). Either the changes are very subtle or they require a certain kind of situation to show. I was really looking forward to clumsy improvements.

A couple of days? Well the traits improvement patch only happened from the patch a few hours ago so yes you wouldn't see any changes in those play sessions! :)
    alan650111 wrote: »

A couple of days? Well the traits improvement patch only happened from the patch a few hours ago so yes you wouldn't see any changes in those play sessions! :)

A couple of sim days, lol.
  • GlacierSnowGlacierSnow Posts: 2,301 Member
    edited March 2021
    I think for some of the traits it may just be the autonomous actions. I went to play a household with a Sim with the Goofball trait and within 4 in-game hours he pranked both toilets in the house. He has never done that before and I have been playing this Sim for ages.

Oh dear. :lol::joy: My goofball sim lives alone. So he's just going to be pranking himself.

Some of these other improvements sound pretty good though.
    Forum-Banner-01.jpg
    Seventeen & Maldusk Forum thread link
    My name on AHQ (and the upcoming sims forum) is "GlacierSnowGhost".
  • texxx78texxx78 Posts: 5,657 Member
    EgonVM wrote: »
    New discovery!
    Sims who are talking with a cheerful sim may get tense because they get tired of cheerfullness.
    The moodlet is called "Cheered to Death" and it gives 1 point towards tense emotion.

I love this one!
  • calaprfycalaprfy Posts: 3,927 Member
    EgonVM wrote: »
    New discovery!
    Sims who are talking with a cheerful sim may get tense because they get tired of cheerfullness.
    The moodlet is called "Cheered to Death" and it gives 1 point towards tense emotion.

Sounds like me playing this game! :D

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top