Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What will the trait improvements be?

manicobsessivemanicobsessive Posts: 1,111 Member
So, one of the things we're getting in today's patch is trait improvements. What do you think this will be?

Edit: Ok guys, just noticed that there is already a discussion on this in another section, but I can't seem to delete this. Sorry!

What will the trait improvements be? 58 votes

More traits added to the game
3%
Darkshadow608melsim 2 votes
Ability to add more than 3 traits to a sim
5%
catmom1987DalekFridayrenamed250420211402 3 votes
The traits have more influence on your sim's personalities
79%
crocobauraicmnfrshalexspoom13danacnbrettchickenowYautjagirlDarcVader1ToriegreydonnsimmietimeCary1213BabykittyjadeHarukotyanEmmaVanemrkingvPaulmarch76Trimothannaliese39DoloresGreytexxx78 46 votes
Other
12%
rudy8292catloverplayerwormstache999CAPTAIN_NXR7GordyRouensimsDropTheT 7 votes

Comments

• Options
    Calico45Calico45 Posts: 2,038 Member
    I don't remember the other discussion being a poll, so I think this should be fine. A poll can shed some light where a pure discussion cannot.

More on topic, I picked the option that seemed like actual "trait improvements." I'd love more traits and trait options, too, but it would be somewhat token if the trait themselves were not improved in their effects and usage.
  • Options
    fae_brassfae_brass Posts: 81 Member
    Really hope it's this one. More traits would be welcome too but not sure if it will be the case.
  • Options
    DoloresGreyDoloresGrey Posts: 3,490 Member
    edited March 2021
    Hopefully they make them something more then just boomerish moodletmakers!
    -probably just playing Phasmophobia :p
  • Options
    chickenowchickenow Posts: 458 Member
    I hope that traits will have more impact but I suspect that they will just add more trait slots....which personally won't help the problem as traits are limited in numbers.
    Not really sure how they can improve things as it feels like Lifestyles are there to do the work for the lacking traits.
  • Options
    greydonngreydonn Posts: 717 Member
    I don't think there's any chance of the first two, but I'd happily welcome them...wellllll, maybe. I'm a bit skeptical about getting more trait slots, unless it's 1 more I think it'll do more harm then good. We already don't have a lot of traits, so unless extra trait slots comes with some sparkly new traits, I'd rather they didn't. I'd be happy for the people that wanted it though.
    • Gen 25: Xanthe! >:)
    • She/Her.
  • Options
    telemwilltelemwill Posts: 1,752 Member
    I really hope for all three! If they would add just one more trait slot than we could at least have one of each trait type. There is definitely a need for more traits as well.

But I expect, and hope, that the current traits will have more impact on the Sims behavior.
  • Options
    talongirl6talongirl6 Posts: 184 Member
    While I would certainly love for more traits to be added to the game, I think it will probably be improvements to the ones already in the game. Hopefully it will make them have a bit more of an effect on our Sims! I think that would be pretty cool.
  • Options
    rudy8292rudy8292 Posts: 3,410 Member
    Other
    New buffs.
  • Options
    texxx78texxx78 Posts: 5,657 Member
    edited March 2021
    I hope for traits to have more impact on sim's autonomy/behaviours. I don't think of adding one more slot as an improvement. Nowadays traits don't have impact on sims, adding more per sim wouldn't change it... As for more traits added in the game, i also don't think of it as an improvement but i wouldn't be disapointed...
  • Options
    SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,127 Member
    Hopefully, it will be like the Sims 3. I hope.
  • Options
    TomasGrizzlyTomasGrizzly Posts: 736 Member
    I would think they'll take a clue from lifestyles and make them affect autonomy a bit more.
    And bug fixes.
    I like fantasy and a bit of Sci-Fi. Want to know what I'm reading?
    I also like wandering the hills.
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    Other
    Possibly trait specific new interactions or new sim autonomy based on traits.
  • Options
    LeGardePourpreLeGardePourpre Posts: 15,233 Member
    edited March 2021