Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

New Simmers, welcome! - Community’s tips & tricks to get started

Comments

• Options
    bettycrocketbettycrocket Posts: 99 Member
    > @Admiral8Q said:
    > Yes you can delete it. It's actually a good idea if you want to just have your finished updated version. I've seen people upload 3 or 4 of the same building in a row. It's best (in my opinion) to have only one version up. Unless it's a long time later and you have an improved version, may as well keep up the old version up.
    >
    > If you can't figure out how, I'll go in-game and take some screenshots to show how, if you like. :)

@Admiral8Q I'm the same way; I tend to upload 3 or 4 versions in a row, mostly because I forgot a window or something in the description. Too bad you can't edit the name and description of the post after you upload it...
  • Options
    SlackerSlacker Posts: 2,929 Member
    Marvellous you guys rock !!! (so i see im not the only one thats passionate about build mode, im actually thinking of creating Tarek & Christina power couple ingame) but hashtaggin... sounds like alot of work lol, do you have to create a channel for that ? I never dunnit... tbh irl i stay offline mostly, im sorta out of touch by choice really... but recently i did learn to use twitch a little bit since i went to college in broadcasting in the 90s... might be a decent hobby for me. Anyhoo i love Sims and im having alot of fun w all that thanks a bunch !!!!
    Gallrey ID: Le_Slacker
  • Options
    Hey @rongtudjuuu , hashtagging can be a lot of work if you make it hard. All you have to do is create your own hashtags in the description of your build. That's it. Pretty simple, huh? :)

Some, not all, of the common hashtags are:
    #nocc#withCC#basegame#basegameonly#gettogether#cityliving#getfamous#cats#dogs#catanddogs#animals#decorated#creative#nature#plants#natural#sims#teen#adult#nopacks#parenthood

There are a ton of hashtags, but you can create your own. I would highly recommend you create a hashtag to link all of your builds. In other words, make a hashtag of your TS4 name, so people can easily find your builds without having to search deep in the gallery for your catalog.
  • Options
    Admiral8QAdmiral8Q Posts: 3,326 Member

@bettycrocket Haha! Needs to be a Betty Crocket song. :tongue:
    "Betty... Betty Crocket, Queen of the wild frontier!" :D
    #bettycrocket B)
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G24jDtKVfhs
    Reticulating Splines...
    9ODVlJh.png

• Options
    @Admiral8Q 🤣🤣I can't stop laughing at this!! When my other preferences unlock, that is going to be my signature 😂
  • Options
    @Admiral8Q 🤣🤣I can't stop laughing at this!! When my other preferences unlock, that is going to be my signature 😂

I'm glad you got a kick out of it. :tongue:
    Seriously though, some of the hashtags are pointless, like #nocc. Um, you have to have CC checked to see CC. And even if on, a CC icon appears on any upload with CC.

See what I mean? See see? CC?
    Reticulating Splines...
    9ODVlJh.png

• Options
    SunshinenfsSunshinenfs Posts: 3 New Member
    I'M SUPER CONCERNEDDDD!!!!! DCDFHVFHD I'm doing the legacy challenge in short life span and my second generation's first son has a relationship with a girl called Blakely Landgraab and I'm not a super super simmer, I just thought she was another Landgraab and mainly because of the money hehe he dated her, but now I searched the Landgraabs on the Internet and SHE DOESN'T EXIST DASBFHBF, I DON'T KNOW WHERE'S SHE FROM AND SHE'S MALCOLM'S SISTER I'M A LITTLE CONCERNED, do you guys know her?
  • Options
    telemwilltelemwill Posts: 1,752 Member
    I'M SUPER CONCERNEDDDD!!!!! DCDFHVFHD I'm doing the legacy challenge in short life span and my second generation's first son has a relationship with a girl called Blakely Landgraab and I'm not a super super simmer, I just thought she was another Landgraab and mainly because of the money hehe he dated her, but now I searched the Landgraabs on the Internet and SHE DOESN'T EXIST DASBFHBF, I DON'T KNOW WHERE'S SHE FROM AND SHE'S MALCOLM'S SISTER I'M A LITTLE CONCERNED, do you guys know her?

Do you have MCCC or another mod for story progression? If so, often Sims will have additional children. If you don't want this to happen, make sure to check your settings to turn it off. You can either keep the sister and marry her for her money, or you can delete her if you don't like changes to premade families.

Malcolm doesn't have a little sister in my game, but he does have a little brother. Nancy wants to be sure her heir has a spare after what happened with Johnny. I added him myself though since I'm one of the few who doesn't like story progression.
  • Options
    If I may... ask for another tip; in playing offline mode ive had difficulties at launch. When i launched the game from the desktop instead of from origin offline mode, it went fine w/o a glitch, now is there any difference if i do 'run as administrator', because i havent so far ?
  • Options
    [quote="telemwill;c-17842272"][quote="Sunshinenfs;c-17842042"]I'M SUPER CONCERNEDDDD!!!!! DCDFHVFHD I'm doing the legacy challenge in short life span and my second generation's first son has a relationship with a girl called Blakely Landgraab and I'm not a super super simmer, I just thought she was another Landgraab and mainly because of the money hehe he dated her, but now I searched the Landgraabs on the Internet and SHE DOESN'T EXIST DASBFHBF, I DON'T KNOW WHERE'S SHE FROM AND SHE'S MALCOLM'S SISTER I'M A LITTLE CONCERNED, do you guys know her?[/quote]

Do you have MCCC or another mod for story progression? If so, often Sims will have additional children. If you don't want this to happen, make sure to check your settings to turn it off. You can either keep the sister and marry her for her money, or you can delete her if you don't like changes to premade families.

Malcolm doesn't have a little sister in my game, but he does have a little brother. Nancy wants to be sure her heir has a spare after what happened with Johnny. I added him myself though since I'm one of the few who doesn't like story progression. [/quote]

I don't have MCCC (mainly because i don't know how to install it hehe, and i don't know if i have enough space for it), so i don't know how did that happen. I will take a look at their house cause both parents aren't alive anymore shxjsjcjd, i will see, thanks for replying ♡
  • Options
    @telemwill I don't have MCCC (mainly because i don't know how to install it hehe, and i don't know if i have enough space for it), so i don't know how did that happen. I will take a look at their house cause both parents aren't alive anymore shxjsjcjd, i will see, thanks for replying ♡
  • Options
    ebonieboni Posts: 2 New Member
    hello please add
  • Options
    ebonieboni Posts: 2 New Member
    Eboni30 on EA i play sims 3 and 4
  • Options
    edited March 2021
    Hi! Good day.. Im having ALOT of trouble with ORIGIN, and im starting to get frustrated! How come it buggs the game with a white screen ? I really just go online to get stuff from the gallery and usually when i log into origin, then start the game in the offline mode its fine. But I really would like to play without origin now that i have the combo expansions i want, im not putting up any more money for videogaming anyways so is there a legit way to play my game without having to go online to origin? And if i didnt have internet at home could i still play ?
  • Options
    edited March 2021
    ..so i get it that the white screen is a file corrupt deal, how can i know if its the mods (btw should the mods be in the folder mods all together or they can be in subfolders of the mods folder ? ) or might it be some RLD content i had from years past !? im currently trying the 'repair' option ! fingers crossed ... lol
  • Options
    texxx78texxx78 Posts: 5,657 Member
    ..so i get it that the white screen is a file corrupt deal, how can i know if its the mods (btw should the mods be in the folder mods all together or they can be in subfolders of the mods folder ? ) or might it be some RLD content i had from years past !? im currently trying the 'repair' option ! fingers crossed ... lol

Mods can go one level down, meaning you can have subfolders but only one level under the mods folder.
  • Options
    edited March 2021
    @rongtudjuuu un-check mods and CC in game settings under "other". See if you still have a problem. If not then it's probably a mod. If the problem is still there, then something else.
    Reticulating Splines...
    9ODVlJh.png

• Options
    ty Admiral ! ... but i couldnt even get into the game itself so i read on google and i was lucky the repair option in the origin librairy worked like a charm so it actually changed my opinion about that part ;) ... & it made me backup my mods etc... and clear my librairy from RLDs ... ...
  • Options
    Alys_ParinaAlys_Parina Posts: 19 Member
    I think, at least compared to a lot of the users on this forum, that I'm new to the sims. I've only played sims 4 (got it as a gift when I was 18, three years ago) but didn't really play a lot until quarantine--now I'm back at uni but still avidly playing. Back when I started, though, I knew NOTHING. I can still remember not being aware of what a sim's inventory was, let alone where to find it. All my kids were failing school because I didn't know where their homework was for a while. I'd have them read or practice instruments like, "shouldn't this help something?" to no avail.

I'm still kind of learning new things as I go. I recently acquired 4 expansion packs and 3 stuff packs like back to back around christmas and during the recent sale (just writing that down is making me reflect on all the money I've spent oh wow) so I'm still learning a lot about the game and what I can do as I go along. It's been fun :) But yeah, if I've got a tip for any extremely, extremely new players it's to figure out the inventory at the bottom right of the screen (^^;) and the motherlode/money ### cheat has helped me get further, too :P

I'm excited to use some of the tips in this thread for myself though! I'm glad for all the new info!
  • Options
    CuteLittleCupCakeSimCuteLittleCupCakeSim Posts: 1 New Member
    Today i bought the sims 4 and im so excited to start playing :D ive actually liked the sims for about two years now, and i was always incertain in buying it or not (including my mother advice in being a waste of money) but two days a go i made a decision and here i am freaking out for when ill start to play
    (also my favorite simmer is Clare Shioban, i hope i spelt it correctly:# )
  • Options
    JustMeAlbJustMeAlb Posts: 371 Member
    I'm planning to start a sim with the Loner trait and am thinking of also adding the Needs No One trait through a cheat. Would I be cheating away anything other then the decaying of the Social bar in Needs?

My past experiences with sims with the Loner trait is that their Social bar can decay all the way to red with no problems, except that it overshadows other needs till they become a crisis unless I keep the Needs window open all the time.
    The cake is a lie
  • Options
    edited April 2021
    Today i bought the sims 4 and im so excited to start playing :D ive actually liked the sims for about two years now, and i was always incertain in buying it or not (including my mother advice in being a waste of money) but two days a go i made a decision and here i am freaking out for when ill start to play
    (also my favorite simmer is Clare Shioban, i hope i spelt it correctly:# )

I waited 'til it was on special to purchase. But then ended up spending more on expansion packs. Mind you i could not afford all the extras i managed to custimize my game w 3 additional expasion packs and spent a little bit more than i wanted but i do not regret it, this is a wonderful passtime w lots of possibilities and lots of different dimensions to the game, but discount or no discount, this game is worth every Penny ! And much much more ;)

Glad you like it !
  • Options
    br00kie1br00kie1 Posts: 119 Member
    Idk if you're still having problems but I play offline/online since sims 4 launch (because of varying internet reception depending where I am), originally origin supported offline play fine, but more recently it would glitch and origin would fail to load 70% of the time after playing purely offline mode.. a workaround was to go offline only once origin was launched which resolved it, another way if there's no internet is to hotspot your phone just to launch origin and then turn it off when the game launches
    Also Sims 3, sims 2 are both able to play without internet and can be bought cheap
    Hi! Good day.. Im having ALOT of trouble with ORIGIN, and im starting to get frustrated! How come it buggs the game with a white screen ? I really just go online to get stuff from the gallery and usually when i log into origin, then start the game in the offline mode its fine. But I really would like to play without origin now that i have the combo expansions i want, im not putting up any more money for videogaming anyways so is there a legit way to play my game without having to go online to origin? And if i didnt have internet at home could i still play ?

• Options
    bestjujubestjuju Posts: 1 New Member
    Hi! Does anyone have the link on how I can gain points and what is considered a "post"? I would really like to become a full member :smiley: Thank you!

-Juju
  • Options
    br00kie1 wrote: »
    Idk if you're still having problems but I play offline/online since sims 4 launch (because of varying internet reception depending where I am), originally origin supported offline play fine, but more recently it would glitch and origin would fail to load 70% of the time after playing purely offline mode.. a workaround was to go offline only once origin was launched which resolved it, another way if there's no internet is to hotspot your phone just to launch origin and then turn it off when the game launches
    Also Sims 3, sims 2 are both able to play without internet and can be bought cheap

Allright yeah ! thanks a bunch, that was really helpfull. Iam currently on a break from playin lol, so far i can last offline about 24-36 hrs with origin offline mode. Now im for the second time its caused me to have to repair the game, so i dunno it might be glitchy pc, glitchy mods, im still on trial and error ! and i do not have a phone so... and instead chose to spend my $$ on cycling again this season but im loving this game as a passtime, and ingame all my real estate is occupied exept my 3 model homes its alot of fun, entertaining sims and remodeling homes lol and so tbh i really admire all the craftmanship these programmers can manage to pile on, the different concepts they merged altogether its very impressive ! so basically im surpirse in spite of everything glitching at how well my almost 500mods and the cars even if very underwhelming still fit in right everything flows, but as for playing offline whenever im confronted with the reality of not having internet connection at all, i will have to cheat and so i might have to resort to ol'school tactics ;)