Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

It’s more than just bunk beds.

Comments

• haisinhaisin Posts: 948 Member
    please don't tell me sims eat faster now? According to the patch info? I'm on a sim break can anyone confirm. I want them to eat slower not faster 😭😭
    They eat fast now. I had a couple of sims finish their meals with just about two bites, but the one who was watching TV at the same time ate a bit slower. I'm a bit worried if they'll eat fast in restaurants too. I kinda liked them to talk and eat and take their time, but I guess I can live with them just gobbling their food and talking after that :sweat_smile::/
  • AineAine Posts: 3,043 Member
    I tested having a desk under the top bunk and that works, as long as the chair itself aren't under the bed. Some things stop sims using the top bunk, probably the middle tile as some has said. I could get kids to use a lot under there, but they couldn't use the top bunk for much of it, so I had to tinker a bit with what worked. I hope they expand that part, especially for kids and toddlers.
    Allons-y!

---> Afterlife Game Pack Idea - improved ghosts, cemeteries and funerals, psychics, new skills, new career and more! <---
    ---> Burglary Stuff Pack Idea - Burglars, alarm systems, and diamonds to steal!<---
  • bettycrocketbettycrocket Posts: 99 Member
    So, bunk beds just came out today. I love them except for one thing...you CAN'T place desks underneath the loft beds.

This is essential for loft beds, and is kind of the purpose of them. I don't understand how they didn't allow you to place a desk underneath loft beds without obstructing the routing for the bed not the desk.

Using bb.moveobjects to place the desk, sims can still access the desk under the bed but not the bed because the desk is in the way of the routing. I'm completely flustered...
  • jcp011c2jcp011c2 Posts: 10,859 Member
    So, bunk beds just came out today. I love them except for one thing...you CAN'T place desks underneath the loft beds.

This is essential for loft beds, and is kind of the purpose of them. I don't understand how they didn't allow you to place a desk underneath loft beds without obstructing the routing for the bed not the desk.

Using bb.moveobjects to place the desk, sims can still access the desk under the bed but not the bed because the desk is in the way of the routing. I'm completely flustered...

That was kind of my hope too. not initially as I wasn't sure if we could remove the bottom bunk, but once I saw that was an option I was really looking forward to space saving, but nope. I can't get anything to fit under there, without using the moveobjects, which is great for decoration, but isn't really able to be used.

Hopefully they can adjust that. I'm not sure if it's a bug or just how it's designed, so I don't want to say "fix" at this point.
    It's kind of sad that I have to point out that anything I say is only just my opinion and may be a different one from someone else.
  • SailorCetiSailorCeti Posts: 807 Member
    For this first iteration of Bunk Beds...

From the clause above, given in the forum patch notes, it looks like this is just the beginning. More beds, and improvements to functionality, will be coming over time. Yay!
    This game needs more Sailor Moon!

Hold SHIFT while using the FRIEZE tool to apply it to a single wall, and not an entire room!

** SailorCeti's Builds **

If you download one of my builds, by all means, leave me a message and tell me what you did and did not like about it.

Actually you can put a desk with MOO and it will work: as long as the middle tile isn't occupied.

UXoMUWU.png

Allons-y!

---> Afterlife Game Pack Idea - improved ghosts, cemeteries and funerals, psychics, new skills, new career and more! <---
    ---> Burglary Stuff Pack Idea - Burglars, alarm systems, and diamonds to steal!<---
  • CelSimsCelSims Posts: 2,270 Member
    Aine wrote: »

Actually you can put a desk with MOO and it will work: as long as the middle tile isn't occupied.

UXoMUWU.png

The issue is that the desk will work, but the bed will not, if I'm reading correctly?
    edited March 2021
    @CelSims Actually the bed works when I put it like that - the chair itself isn't under the bed, so it works. I haven't tried putting decorations on the desk though. I think as long as nothing 'usable' is under the bed itself on the middle tile, the bed routes. Edit: I misspoke, now when I tried, it doesn't work like that! Sorry guys!
    Allons-y!

@Aine you are a lifesaver! ;) I was getting a bit nervous there...
    Thank you so much for responding to my message and letting me know that sims CAN use the bed when a desk is under it!!! :)

btw, love the profile pic. he didn't wear that blue suit often (it was my fav), but he did wear it for the Silence in the Library episode
  • logionlogion Posts: 4,712 Member
    @CelSims Actually the bed works when I put it like that - the chair itself isn't under the bed, so it works. I haven't tried putting decorations on the desk though. I think as long as nothing 'usable' is under the bed itself on the middle tile, the bed routes.

So I assume if you put a computer there or if your sim have a plate of food there the bed doesn't work?
  • Pamtastic72Pamtastic72 Posts: 4,545 Member
    edited March 2021
    CelSims wrote: »

UXoMUWU.png

The issue is that the desk will work, but the bed will not, if I'm reading correctly?

You can place a single tile desk and chair under the loft bed using m.o.o. under the pillow end as long as the desk and chair do not enter the center tile under the bed. Occupying the center tile by anything other than another single bed or toddler bed will cause sims to not route up the ladder. You can also place single tile chairs, the activity table, toy boxes etc.
  • CelSimsCelSims Posts: 2,270 Member
    @CelSims Actually the bed works when I put it like that - the chair itself isn't under the bed, so it works. I haven't tried putting decorations on the desk though. I think as long as nothing 'usable' is under the bed itself on the middle tile, the bed routes.

Thanks! I'll try later to see if a computer on it works. I hope they can actually use it for homework or food.
  • Aquarius94Aquarius94 Posts: 505 Member
    logion wrote: »
    please don't tell me sims eat faster now? According to the patch info? I'm on a sim break can anyone confirm. I want them to eat slower not faster 😭😭

uh... I have read so many threads of people wanting their sims to eat faster because eating takes a long time. This is something that I have always wanted them to do as well, I often used a faster eating mod.

You...seriously want them to eat slower?

I always thought the speed at which they ate was just fine. A little too fast sometimes, if I'm being honest. How much did they speed it up by?
    edited March 2021
    So sorry guys, I think I must have missed testing properly when I played before, now when I try it, it doesn't work. :'(
    @CelSims
    The middle tile is the key here - for instance this works, but if I put the desk in the middle, it won't work. So weird that I thought that it worked before, I could have sworn I tested going up the bed when I had placed the bigger desk under. But a smaller one like this works at least, and with picture to prove it. Sorry for the confusion.
    eUDyFRF.png

Allons-y!

• talongirl6talongirl6 Posts: 184 Member
    Interesting stuff. I don't think I'll use the bunk beds and loft beds at all, but I'm glad that other people seem to like them. The trait improvements seem interesting, but I am a little nervous about them. Does anybody know more about the eating thing? I'm scared to update if the food interactions no longer work since they eat quickly. I'm referring to things such as the Feed a Bite interaction and the interactions for discussing food.
  • Aquarius94Aquarius94 Posts: 505 Member
    edited March 2021
    So just keep that middle tile clear. Disappointing. But I can work with that for now.

Though it does put loft beds up on the list of things that they were able to make work in past games but can't now for...some reason.
  • Pamtastic72Pamtastic72 Posts: 4,545 Member
    So sorry guys, I think I must have missed testing properly when I played before, now when I try it, it doesn't work. :'(
    @CelSims
    The middle tile is the key here - for instance this works, but if I put the desk in the middle, it won't work. So weird that I thought that it worked before.
    eUDyFRF.png

Yeah, it has to be a one tile object under the end with the pillow, then both the bed and the object will work fine.
    Okay, so if you want to use a computer under the bed, you have to move the smaller desk to under the pillow tile, like this, then one kid can use the computer, and the other can use the bed - I had to have the girl sit first before she could use the computer, but I think that happens sometimes anyway.

NIrUb4y.png

Allons-y!

• crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,342 Member
    Does it work to make triple bunks?
  • BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    logion wrote: »

uh... I have read so many threads of people wanting their sims to eat faster because eating takes a long time. This is something that I have always wanted them to do as well, I often used a faster eating mod.

You...seriously want them to eat slower?

Lol i know it sounds crazy as i seem to be the only one but yes😅😅😅 I use to have a mod for it but the modder retired.
    I'm a story teller player. My time is slowed down with mcc comand and I have no time restraints and my sims don't work so yes they spend a few hours happily eating 😅😅
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
    edited March 2021
    Oh btw, you can put decorations under the bed, as long as it's not on the middle tile. I guess we can work around this:

Edit: new picture, the plant was in the way, I moved it back a bit and now the kid can got up and down the ladder:

UxPwnw8.png
    Allons-y!

@Aine thanks for clarifying! I understood what you meant from your first post lol
    @Aine thanks for clarifying! I understood what you meant from your first post lol
    My pleasure, I had fun testing.
    Allons-y!

• GlacierSnowGlacierSnow Posts: 2,301 Member
    @Babykittyjade and @Aquarius94 I'm with you guys! I don't want my sims to eat faster. I want them to linger at the table, and talk with their family members, and savor their food. But I want the day to be longer so they can. :lol:

And as for the loft beds... Wow. That's disappointing. I actually wanted loft beds even more than bunkbeds precisely so I could put things like a desk or a dresser under them and save space in tiny houses. How could this have been so hard to do? Sims 3 had loft beds that worked great.
    Forum-Banner-01.jpg
    Seventeen & Maldusk Forum thread link
    My name on AHQ (and the upcoming sims forum) is "GlacierSnowGhost".
    @GlacierSnow I understand completely...
    I was hoping I would be able to put a dresser and full-sized desk under the loft bed. I was a bit disappointed by that :'(

Well, since I prefer to build over actually "playing" the sims, I'll just have to work around it as best as I can.

I'm glad I have decent single tile desks because I'm going to need them :D