Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Stop turning off TV! Patch please?

2...Next

Comments

• Options
    GamingTweetyGamingTweety Posts: 851 Member
    When you reset the sim that is watching the tv, it remains opened :joy:
    Gallery id: GamingTweety

Looking for some custom animations? Check out my youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKrWaxowK2vCzwkz6bEZRbg

Deviantart profile: https://gamingtweety.deviantart.com/
  • Options
    izecsonizecson Posts: 2,875 Member
    Found a bug few hours ago, if sim is watching television while the other still walking to a tv to watch, you cancel the currently watching sim and then cancel the other one as well the tv will stay on.
    ihavemultiplegamertags
  • Options
    FreezerBunnyCowplantFreezerBunnyCowplant Posts: 3,957 Member
    edited April 2019
    Bearpal64 wrote: »
    I'm not trying to bring this thread up from the dead but I just realized how much I wanted this. I have a TV in the Scientist Career Lot and I thought it would be cool to just have it playing the news or something.

I'm surprised its not an instant action like the stereo (orange dot) turn on/off @SimGuruNick ?

The instant (orange dot) interaction to turn on the TV was available in Sims 3, but somehow not in Sims 4...
    a256aFi.gif
  • Options
    NetrisPROxDNetrisPROxD Posts: 1 New Member
    Try this:
    1. Turn on the TV
    2.Click ctrl + alt + c and enter the code testingcheats on.
    3. when the sim is watching the TV, click on the sim with shift and click on reset object, then for the sim all actions that he performed will disappear and the TV will continue to run
  • Options
    BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    Please make this a thing!!! I always wanted tv running in the background. It's weird that we cant. ☹
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
  • Options
    Joyce777Joyce777 Posts: 74 Member
    This would be a good feature as long as the TV doesnt start a fire. I know some of my Sims wouldike this feature but not all of them would.
    Sims4 ID: LaynieJ
  • Options
    celticversecelticverse Posts: 1 New Member
    this would be a great option when creating a sports bar or nightclub and having tv's on in the background!!! always on still don't understand why a simple feature is still not implemented.
  • Options
    AngeliqueAdelaideAngeliqueAdelaide Posts: 1,033 Member
    Well, I am the opposite, since I never even let my sims have tv, because the sound of kids channel (that everyone and their grandmother is obsessed with) annoys me so terribly. What I would love to is a way to disable certain channels, or at least make them trait-related. In that case, I wouldn't mind tv being on, because I, too, watch it occasionally when my sims are doing boring stuff.
  • Options
    Faraway_SonFaraway_Son Posts: 142 Member
    Agree with the OP 1000%...we have sims who switch on the music, listen for a while and then wander off and do something else...the music continues until I either switch it off manually or the music system breaks down and needs repaired. With this in mind, what is the difference between listening to music and watching TV? Why does the TV have to be turned off after a particular sim has stopped watching it?...to the detriment of other sims who are watching it? And why do we not have an option to simply switch on the TV, like we have with music? Why am I bothering trying to be logical?...I am a silly billy!
  • Options
    bettycrocketbettycrocket Posts: 99 Member
    OMG this is the most annoying thing when sims turn off the tv, especially when other sims are watching it. You can turn the stereo on and off at will, but not the tv...
  • Options
    BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    Yes!!!!! Please we need this!!!!
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
  • Options
    MagdaleenaMagdaleena Posts: 973 Member
    Oh yes, a toggle-able option on the TV to keep it turned on would be good. I like the noise we get from it as well. In real life it makes the house feel less eerily silent when I'm alone.

lil_pixel_boys.png
    they/he
    simblr
  • Options
    DoloresGreyDoloresGrey Posts: 3,490 Member
    Even though I do not approve of this IRL, I wish this was a thing in the game.
    -probably just playing Phasmophobia :p
  • Options
    forfoxsakemaryforfoxsakemary Posts: 1 New Member
    PLEASE! :'(

Give us the option to leave the TV on, please, without having to use the "reset sim" cheat. A "Turn on" button would be perfect, the same way that there is a "Turn off" button! Or maybe a lovely modder could do it for us? 🥺 Anyone! xD
  • Options
    LeGardePourpreLeGardePourpre Posts: 15,233 Member
  • Options
    Spl88ae1Spl88ae1 Posts: 5 New Member
    I was wondering if they have turn on tv manually like sims 3