Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

It’s more than just bunk beds.

Comments

• Options
    SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,914 Member
    It's downloading in the UK now even though we aren't in Summertime times yet. :)
  • Options
    texxx78texxx78 Posts: 5,657 Member
    melsim wrote: »
    The update is 2Gb, interesting...

Mine is stuck at 10%. I wish they'd put the patch notes up so we could see what exactly is in it!

I'll wait for 6pm for the livestream to know better...
  • Options

2gb?? Isn't that an ep size?
  • Options
    SageRainWillowSageRainWillow Posts: 2,221 Member
    Mine says 8.19 GB
    42959178421_482f6f6a5c_o.png

• Options
    Mine says 8.19 GB

What? Haha this is getting insane :lol:
  • Options

Mine is stuck at 10%. I wish they'd put the patch notes up so we could see what exactly is in it!

Looking at it, it is downloading and then patching so that is probably why it has paused a few times or seems stuck for a bit. Mines at 87% now and patched several times during downloading.

• Options
    elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,549 Member
    Screenshot%202021-03-23%20172015.png?dl=0

And now... it's finalizing...
  • Options
    edited March 2021
    texxx78 wrote: »
    Mine says 8.19 GB

What? Haha this is getting insane :lol:

No joke.

51066689217_c371fb83f7_w.jpg

That's weird. Now I've got a 2 Gb one after that. Or it reset itself....

• Options
    HolidayHoliday Posts: 681 Member
    So you can't place anything under the loft bed. You can with MOO but it wouldn't be routable. :D:D:D
  • Options
    SimskristaSimskrista Posts: 175 Member
    The 8.19 is the base game preparing. The update is 2gb
  • Options
    edited March 2021
    Yes, it looks like we have two loft beds and two bunk beds on just opening the game but I haven't looked at them properly in a house yet!

I've put in a loft bed and I could put a different adult, toddler bed and a child's bed underneath so far but not a desk or toy.
  • Options
    Simskrista wrote: »
    The 8.19 is the base game preparing. The update is 2gb

Thanks, that must be it.

• Options
    CelSimsCelSims Posts: 2,270 Member
    edited March 2021
    Holiday wrote: »
    So you can't place anything under the loft bed. You can with MOO but it wouldn't be routable. :D:D:D

Well that's.. completely useless for space saving. What's the point of including it then?

Edit: Patch notes say you can place a bed under only in this first iteration. I hope they continue to work on them so they can have desks etc underneath.
  • Options
    NikkihNikkih Posts: 1,758 Member
    edited March 2021
    The update for ps4 is 7GB lol
  • Options
    KeyserFnKeyserFn Posts: 1,424 Member
    The patch notes says nothing about bunk beds I'm not saying it's not true but still you'd think they'd mention them
    b96a6288-80b2-4a90-b4f2-d0ff50a849e2.jpg~original

Origin gtgirl1999
    twitter @gtgirl_99
  • Options
    purplestarz2006purplestarz2006 Posts: 340 Member
    CelSims wrote: »

Well that's.. completely useless for space saving. What's the point of including it then?

Yeah, the only thing you can put under the "loft" bed is another bed-either a standard single bed or a toddler bed will "snap" to the bunk like the dining chairs do to the tables. There is a neat option for the loft bed, though, where you can alter which side the ladder is on.
    TranquilityCreekBannerMaskssmall.jpg
  • Options
    KeyserFn wrote: »
    The patch notes says nothing about bunk beds I'm not saying it's not true but still you'd think they'd mention them

The patch notes have a whole section on bunkbeds.
  • Options
    AquaGamer1212AquaGamer1212 Posts: 5,417 Member
    KeyserFn wrote: »

You should reread because they definitely do talk about bunk beds....
    ts4_blossom_meadows_world_icon_gif_fan_art_by_hazzaplumbob-d.gif

• Options
    HolidayHoliday Posts: 681 Member
    So they've listed the traits which have been improved...but... not really went into much details about what they have improved. I will start taking bets now on Sims acting the same as they have previously done.
  • Options
    AineAine Posts: 3,043 Member
    edited March 2021
    Well well well, I'm gonna take out all my mods and try at playing vanilla until I know everything is safe to use, also lets me test out these changes. New vanilla save in the making!

I'm hoping that when you place a chair or something beneath the top bunk thingy sims can still use it if you place with MOO. We'll see.
    Allons-y!

---> Afterlife Game Pack Idea - improved ghosts, cemeteries and funerals, psychics, new skills, new career and more! <---
    ---> Burglary Stuff Pack Idea - Burglars, alarm systems, and diamonds to steal!<---
  • Options
    Well, the game isn't allowing me to turn my mods on at all. It won't save the settings. They have a new button on the mods screen to view a list of your mods. I think they messed something up with that because it just disables everything the next time I open the game.

And I think they broke the gallery. Almost all of my uploads have red X's on them.

• Options
    AquaGamer1212AquaGamer1212 Posts: 5,417 Member
    So they've listed the traits which have been improved...but... not really went into much details about what they have improved. I will start taking bets now on Sims acting the same as they have previously done.

I think they’re gonna go into detail during the live stream; probably was a lot to have to type up.
    ts4_blossom_meadows_world_icon_gif_fan_art_by_hazzaplumbob-d.gif

• Options
    haisinhaisin Posts: 948 Member
    What’s more, we’ve added a new Relax posture to all beds so your Sims can now relax in bed while doing relaxing things like watching TV, even from the top bunk. I may never want to leave my bed again!
    I'm so happy about this! :'(<3
  • Options
    haisin wrote: »
    What’s more, we’ve added a new Relax posture to all beds so your Sims can now relax in bed while doing relaxing things like watching TV, even from the top bunk. I may never want to leave my bed again!
    I'm so happy about this! :'(<3

Same! It always seemed so weird that they couldn't watch tv in bed. I'm more excited for this than traits, which I'm pessimistically expecting to just be more idle animations annoying me rather than actual behaviour changes.
  • Options
    RouensimsRouensims Posts: 4,858 Member
    Is the livestream on Twitch or YouTube?
    Ooh Be Gah!! Whipna Choba-Dog? Whipna Choba-Dog!! :smiley: