Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Everything wrong with the sims 4 (MOVE TO FEEDBACK SECTION)

MyriadSimsMyriadSims Posts: 1,197 Member
edited April 2021 in The Sims 4 Game Feedback
The Sims in this game barely react to heavy things, such as divorce or affairs. For these two, both of them end up in an angry (Cheating) moodlet or a Sad (Divorce) Moodlet. The emotions need tuning.

90% of the apartments are insanely small. You can't change the venue type of them. Those locked traits are annoying. The windows being unmovable is shameful. You can't upload them to the gallery without making them an entire room.

The occults are so watered down and boring because for some reason tons of the fanbase get all mad when they buy an occult pack and realise that an occult pack has occult aspects in it.

The builds shipped with this game (except for Snowy Escape and Paranormal) SUCK.

The packs are insanely overpriced.

The sages (except for Morgyn) are so ugly and look like they just wandered out of a dumpster.

That one transgender sim from IL looks horrible as an attempt to represent the trans community.

The deaths are so watered down (granted a few are pretty good animation-wise)

The dust system needs tuning.

The fact that they could not add a colour wheel for hair is stupid. You have the resources, USE THEM!

The kits which are NOT microtransactions are so bland that I almost side with the people that don’t like them.

Pets in this game are so needy

This game is rated as T but feels like it should be E 10+.

So many swatches of items are horrible.

The number of bad packs immensely overshadows the good.

The hair swatches are horrible except for a few.

The restrictions of build mode. No curved walls or stairs, no working elevators, and more.

No hotels that could have worked with island living. (Rentals do not count)

There is a lack of high waisted jeans

So many of the skin tones feel blotchy

Sims get money SO EASILY.

Forum Specific: The amount of censorship in the forums!

The fact that you can’t work NPC jobs like Butler or Maid.

And so much more.

I do not hate this game, I just want it to do better.
Post edited by EA_Leeloo on

Comments

• Sunflowergal227Sunflowergal227 Posts: 305 Member
    If you want to add University is a little harder as you actually have to study! but it makes the game fun, i think. Yes, i agree that sims 4 and its expansions are overpriced, however- take advantage of Origin sales or sales at your store. I got the create a bundle for 59 Dollars- 1 ep, 1 pack and 1 stuff pack. i also paid 21.00 for uni the other day.
    Favorite EP/SP
    Sims 2 (All EPs/SPs)
    Sims 3 Showtime
    Sims 3 Generations
    My Sims 3 profile page: https://mypage.thesims3.com/mypage/Sunflowergal227
  • elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,518 Member
    Lol. I like how you say 'everything' is wrong with the game, but you don't hate it.

Do you enjoy playing it?
  • MyriadSimsMyriadSims Posts: 1,197 Member
    Lol. I like how you say 'everything' is wrong with the game, but you don't hate it.

Do you enjoy playing it?

Yes, but I didn't say EVERYTHING is wrong with it. I listed everything that is wrong with it. Not that everything IS wrong with it, just what is wrong with it.

This game is my childhood, and now that I'm older I'm starting to see what's wrong with it, and it's sad. This game can do so much better, and I want it to.
  • greydonngreydonn Posts: 715 Member

I don't wish to be rude, honestly, but if you hate this many facets of the game then why do you play it? Many of these things I agree with- some build mode swatches are pretty bad (texture wise, at least), lack of curved stairs and walls, splotchy skin tones but others at least in my opinion are....well, it's a matter of opinion, I guess.
    • Gen 25: Xanthe! >:)
    • She/Her.
    greydonn wrote: »
    I don't wish to be rude, honestly, but if you hate this many facets of the game then why do you play it? Many of these things I agree with- some build mode swatches are pretty bad (texture wise, at least), lack of curved stairs and walls, splotchy skin tones but others at least in my opinion are....well, it's a matter of opinion, I guess.

because as I said above:
    This game is my childhood, and now that I'm older I'm starting to see what's wrong with it, and it's sad. This game can do so much better, and I want it to

I grew up with the sims 4 (granted I only got it when i was 9 but it still has deeply affected my life in a good way)
    This game is so good, but it could use a lot of work, and I want ot see it thrive. It's severely hated by a lot of people, and I don't likew that. I want it to be good and show good for the people who dislike it, so that they don't just judge it and hate it. It really is the best sims game, graphics wise, skintone wise, and in so many other ways, it just has a myriad of issues that need work.
  • greydonngreydonn Posts: 715 Member
    Okay, if you want to show good for the people that dislike it, as you say, what is the benefit of making a thread about all the bad things about sims 4?

Sims 2-3 (lesser part in 2, I hardly remember it) was my childhood as well. And I agree with your opinion that it's the best sims game graphics, skintones, and many other ways-wise, though it was has a lot of issues. But those issues would probably be better placed into the Sims 4 Game Feedback forum, not the General Discussion, considering your objective to "show good for the people that dislike it".
    • Gen 25: Xanthe! >:)
    • She/Her.
    greydonn wrote: »
    Okay, if you want to show good for the people that dislike it, as you say, what is the benefit of making a thread about all the bad things about sims 4?

Sims 2-3 (lesser part in 2, I hardly remember it) was my childhood as well. And I agree with your opinion that it's the best sims game graphics, skintones, and many other ways-wise, though it was has a lot of issues. But those issues would probably be better placed into the Sims 4 Game Feedback forum, not the General Discussion, considering your objective to "show good for the people that dislike it".

That's fair.
  • ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    I like your list. If I had to pick 3 things it would be baby objects, pandemic lifestyle Sims (need more outdoor and social gameplay), and the simplified AI making traits useless and Sims act the same. I like having discussions on this part of forums too.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • SharoniaSharonia Posts: 4,853 Member
    edited March 2021
    Fake Babies and lack of unique gameplay for all the life stages that aren’t young adult/adult are my biggest gripes with the Sims 4. I’m a family player. I don’t want everything to be for young adults and adults all the time.
  • elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,518 Member
    Rosysimmer wrote: »

Yes, but I didn't say EVERYTHING is wrong with it. I listed everything that is wrong with it. Not that everything IS wrong with it, just what is wrong with it.
    Lol, you did until you edited your OP and took the 'is' out of the title.

Every game has something wrong with it but, boy, if I had a list as long as yours I'd seriously find something else to play.l
  • Mstybl95Mstybl95 Posts: 5,883 Member

Lol, you did until you edited your OP and took the 'is' out of the title.

Every game has something wrong with it but, boy, if I had a list as long as yours I'd seriously find something else to play.l

And some people only play the sims so they make lists to try and get it noticed so the game can be improved in the future.

Passive aggression is such a horrible trait. Good luck with that.
  • OnverserOnverser Posts: 3,364 Member
    edited March 2021
    The Sims in this game barely react to heavy things, such as divorce or affairs. For these two, both of them end up in an angry (Cheating) moodlet or a Sad (Divorce) Moodlet. The emotions need tuning.
    90% of the apartments are insanely small. You can't change the venue type of them. Those locked traits are annoying. The windows being unmovable is shameful. You can't upload them to the gallery without making them an entire room.
    The occults are so watered down and boring because for some reason tons of the fanbase get all mad when they buy an occult pack and realise that an occult pack has occult aspects in it.
    100% agree with the first point. My sim had her child taken away and within two days she'd completely forgotten... I'd disagree that the apartments are too small though, the sizes are either right or too big in my opinion, especially the penthouses. They're unusable for me as they're so massive. Agree with occults, vampires are good but the rest are so watered down they're basically just human sims.
    The builds shipped with this game (except for Snowy Escape and Paranormal) SUCK.
    That's nothing new to Sims 4 though, the official EA builds have always been questionable at best. Hopefully they'll keep up getting the community to build in future as the results are way better.
    The sages (except for Morgyn) are so ugly and look like they just wandered out of a dumpster.
    That one transgender sim from IL looks horrible as an attempt to represent the trans community.
    I think Morgyn and the nature guy who's name I forgot are good, they fill the role well but what were they thinking with L. Faba... As for trans representation I feel like in a game like the sims is always gonna be awkward - how do you make them visibly transgender without it then being an insulting portrayal
    The fact that they could not add a colour wheel for hair is stupid. You have the resources, USE THEM!
    I think color sliders for hair is something that should 100% be added as it's very possible as modders have shown, but adding a whole colour wheel at this stage is probably an impossibility.
    Stuff packs like Paranormal imo are a fair price for what they add and a lot of game packs like Jungle Adventure are fair prices but the expansions are just too much. Expansions are twice the price of gps but definitely don't have twice the content, Island Living for example is basically equal in content to Jungle Adventure despite being double the price.

Apologies for the long reply I just wanted to respond to multiple points :)
    Onverser wrote: »
    100% agree with the first point. My sim had her child taken away and within two days she'd completely forgotten... I'd disagree that the apartments are too small though, the sizes are either right or too big in my opinion, especially the penthouses. They're unusable for me as they're so massive. Agree with occults, vampires are good but the rest are so watered down they're basically just human sims.
    That's nothing new to Sims 4 though, the official EA builds have always been questionable at best. Hopefully they'll keep up getting the community to build in future as the results are way better.
    I think Morgyn and the nature guy who's name I forgot are good, they fill the role well but what were they thinking with L. Faba... As for trans representation I feel like in a game like the sims is always gonna be awkward - how do you make them visibly transgender without it then being an insulting portrayal
    I think color sliders for hair is something that should 100% be added as it's very possible as modders have shown, but adding a whole colour wheel at this stage is an impossibility.
    Stuff packs like Paranormal imo are a fair price for what they add and a lot of game packs like Jungle Adventure are fair prices but the expansions are just too much. Expansions are twice the price of gps but definitely don't have twice the content, Island Living for example is basically equal in content to Jungle Adventure despite being double the price.

Apologies for the long reply I just wanted to respond to multiple points :)

oh my God thank you for this, I love hearing others opinions, this is good stuff lol.
  • ParmaViolet87ParmaViolet87 Posts: 1,800 Member
    "My cat died, my husband left me, but hey that's a pretty picture so I am really happy!"

This, has to be one of the WORST mechanics of the game.
    giphy.gif
    "My cat died, my husband left me, but hey that's a pretty picture so I am really happy!"

This, has to be one of the WORST mechanics of the game.

Lol :D 😆
  • BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    I'm personally content with the price. And they have so many sales one could always grab a sale.

I was never fan or apartments but i really do wish we could build our own and visit neighbors without a loading screen.

If you use mcc command you can use it to keep pet needs high. I have pets and barely care for them. I just put down food and tell them to go outside when they have to go.

I love this game but nothing annoys me more than the musical chairs. Sim 1 gets up and sits on chair. Sim 2 gets up and sits where 1 was sitting. Sim 3 and 4 are swapping seats. Same problem with eating or redirecting them to sit and do something. A lot of times i try to have couples or groups of friends eat next to eachother but one picks up the plate and goes to the next room. By the time I'm done fighting with them to sit where they are suppose to dinner is over 😆😆 and most ate standing up.

Sims getting up to wash their own dishes after every meal. stahlp! Atleast a big majority of them do this and I have 0 neat sims. And this is with autonomy off. I usually like them to sit and talk after dinner or eat something else but they all scatter to wash dishes. 🤬

Not gonna go into detail because it's talked about time and time again but an emotional overhaul would be nice.

CAS not copying looks over. Like often times I want the everyday outfit and makeup and details to carry over to every category but i have to sit and do them one by one. Gets craxy annoying with tons of cc😆😆😆😆

Other than that nothing else really bothers me much. I have so much fun when I play. Those things I mentioned are the only things that get me sighing into the air in annoyance 😂

OH, I forgot to mention the 24/7 joker smiley sims. Can't stand that. But actually I forgot to mention it because I noticed my sims hasn't been constantly grinning as much? Has anyone else noticed this or it's just me?

Maybe i just keep them to sad and uncomfortable all the time😂😂
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
  • bettycrocketbettycrocket Posts: 99 Member
    Another thing that's wrong with the sims is that you can't edit the description of your creations in the gallery. If you forget a hashtag or word, you have to delete and repost it. It would a lot more convenient for EA to allow creators to edit their upload description after posting them to the gallery.
  • telemwilltelemwill Posts: 1,752 Member
    I'm personally content with the price. And they have so many sales one could always grab a sale.

I was never fan or apartments but i really do wish we could build our own and visit neighbors without a loading screen.

If you use mcc command you can use it to keep pet needs high. I have pets and barely care for them. I just put down food and tell them to go outside when they have to go.

I love this game but nothing annoys me more than the musical chairs. Sim 1 gets up and sits on chair. Sim 2 gets up and sits where 1 was sitting. Sim 3 and 4 are swapping seats. Same problem with eating or redirecting them to sit and do something. A lot of times i try to have couples or groups of friends eat next to eachother but one picks up the plate and goes to the next room. By the time I'm done fighting with them to sit where they are suppose to dinner is over 😆😆 and most ate standing up.

Sims getting up to wash their own dishes after every meal. stahlp! Atleast a big majority of them do this and I have 0 neat sims. And this is with autonomy off. I usually like them to sit and talk after dinner or eat something else but they all scatter to wash dishes. 🤬

Not gonna go into detail because it's talked about time and time again but an emotional overhaul would be nice.

CAS not copying looks over. Like often times I want the everyday outfit and makeup and details to carry over to every category but i have to sit and do them one by one. Gets craxy annoying with tons of cc😆😆😆😆

Other than that nothing else really bothers me much. I have so much fun when I play. Those things I mentioned are the only things that get me sighing into the air in annoyance 😂

OH, I forgot to mention the 24/7 joker smiley sims. Can't stand that. But actually I forgot to mention it because I noticed my sims hasn't been constantly grinning as much? Has anyone else noticed this or it's just me?

Maybe i just keep them to sad and uncomfortable all the time😂😂

Yes! The seat swapping and dish washing drives me crazy! Also no one eats the grand meal. They seem to get full on each other's company. It's weird. Just sit down and eat and stay there until everyone is done. Then the kids can do the dishes.

The CAS thing bothers me too. Glasses appearing only on random outfits also. 😄

I have fun playing as well though.
  • MarinuttonenMarinuttonen Posts: 165 Member
    My biggest gripe is the easiness and how fast you get money in the game. I just want dificulty sliders. It's stupid that I have to limit every feature of the game to ridiculous extents in order to have a rags to riches type challenge, and even then they end up in a mansion before they reach elder. Just give us tuning options of build mode costs, pay etc.

Most of the other stuff you said I agree too. Hence why I've moved to TS3 again.
    Where are the pet bunnies, Sims 4 ?! :'(
  • bettycrocketbettycrocket Posts: 99 Member
    > @Marinuttonen said:
    > My biggest gripe is the easiness and how fast you get money in the game. I just want dificulty sliders. It's stupid that I have to limit every feature of the game to ridiculous extents in order to have a rags to riches type challenge, and even then they end up in a mansion before they reach elder. Just give us tuning options of build mode costs, pay etc.
    >
    > Most of the other stuff you said I agree too. Hence why I've moved to TS3 again.

omg I completely forgot about that...it's so easy to get money and level up in TS4. By the time they are late young adult and early adult, your sim is rich. you might as well cheat just to get them rich in the beginning.

just to make it a bit more...real...players should have the option to enable taxes, separate water, electric, and internet bills, and change the frequency of paychecks (every day, every 2 days, or every week)
  • SimmerGeorgeSimmerGeorge Posts: 2,724 Member

@elanorbreton But I don't really see how that has to do with anything. When one says their opinion about a product they bought why does it matter if they play it or not. Maybe she is playing other stuff more who knows.
    Feedback doesn't only come from people who actively play, it also comes from people who played the game and now have moved on or play less because they don't like it. That doesn't really prevent them from posting their feedback.
    Where's my Sims 5 squad at?
  • EA_LeelooEA_Leeloo Posts: 2,019 EA Staff (retired)
    Hey there! FYI: I moved this thread to the Game Feedback section. :)
  • GoldmoldarGoldmoldar Posts: 11,966 Member

@elanorbreton But I don't really see how that has to do with anything. When one says their opinion about a product they bought why does it matter if they play it or not. Maybe she is playing other stuff more who knows.
    Feedback doesn't only come from people who actively play, it also comes from people who played the game and now have moved on or play less because they don't like it. That doesn't really prevent them from posting their feedback.

Next someone will come on and ask if you do not play it why you come on this site. The OP owes no explanation so I agree with your post.
    Omen by HP Intel®️ Core™️ i9- 12900K W/ RGB Liquid Cooler 32GB Nvidia RTX 3080 10Gb ASUS Ultra-Wide 34" Curved Monitor. Omen By HP Intel® Core™ i7-12800HX 32 GB Nvidia 3070 Ti 8 GB 17.3 Screen
  • APottsAPotts Posts: 2,448 Member
    edited April 2021
    Personally, I want to play Sims 4, there are things I like about it, and I come here to the forum hopeful that I will get news that something is being added or fixed in the game to improve it. However, it is always so little fixes, or they fix one thing while breaking another.

I get excited, because they add something that sounds so good when they announce it, but in actual play it doesn't work, or doesn't add much to the game.

This weekend I bought the newest stuff pack and decided to try a kit too. I played for about an hour and was bored. If I had spent that same money at the PS4 Spring sale I would have gotten a full game that I could play for weeks. I know that's comparing apples and oranges, but when I consider the hundreds of dollars I have invested in Sims 4 to date, it is mind boggling that it doesn't hold my interest except on the rare occasion that a new EP actually adds something worthwhile.

I have spent hundreds less on Fallout 4, and some other games, and even hundreds of hours in I can still pick it up and play for a weekend without feeling bored and let down.

Perhaps it is true that's time for me to quit spending money on Sims 4, and I know I am foolish for continuing a game that so often disappoints, but as I said at the start of this tread I want to play Sims 4, and I do like things about the game.

I also feel it is rude to tell someone to stop playing if they have complaints, that would be like saying 'if you love the game so much, why are you hanging on a forum instead of playing?'. Both are silly comments and we need to respect each other even when we don't agree.
  • BluelleBluelle Posts: 327 Member
    First of all, I understand the OP. I love The Sims, I want it to be better. The Sims 4 has the worst reputation in the series and that's sad. There are some very good reasons for it though. The main ones, in my opinion, are as follows.

- It is heavily focused on the young adult life stage, in a life simulation that is about life. All life stages.
    - The price does not match the content. It is absolutely logical to compare TS4 with the previous iterations... because they are previous iterations. What we had before, in an earlier time, versus what we have today. TS4 has 1, 2 and 3 to learn from and improve from. We shouldn't be stepping backwards, we should be going forwards. That being said, TS4 pack content does not match the price at all. It is so overpriced. What you get in an expansion pack in TS4 compared to what we got for TS3 is incomparable - there is just so much missing.
    - The traits. Too few spots for traits, and too small of a selection for traits. The traits also mean nothing. All sims have the same personality.
    - Emotions, as others have stated before me. A sim could've had their child and parner die in a fire in the same day, but gosh darn that painting sure gives them an inspired buff that totally overshadows the "grief"!
    - The baby lifestage isn't a lifestage. They're objects. They're not even alive. Why'd they even include them and do them such a disservice, if they weren't going to give them actual life?
    - TS4 team does not listen to the community. We've been screaming for things such as babies, werewolves, body hair, farming, for years. Years. What do we get? Journey to Batuu (spelling) and My First Pet Stuff. The lack of transparency is offensive. They don't care. They don't give a single s///.

And more things. Again, I love TS4, but I need to play with several mods in order to enjoy it. At this point it isn't even the same game anymore considering how many gameplay altering mods I have. I want it to be better.