Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What do you miss most?

2...Next

Comments

• emiobixemiobix Posts: 88 Member
    PreCiious wrote: »
    How my Sim acted autonomsly and according to his personality... How only my slob sims could take a quick shower in the sink, how he would never make the bed or the dishes

How it was harder to form a relationship if they had opposite traits or how you could find out what other traits an NPC had. Was actually difficult and the reward to find it out quicker made sense.

How a heavy sleeper would never wake from noises and light sleeper always. Or how you could go to therapy and breath in a bag if you gave your sim the unstable trait. How you could check the stove for safety if your sim was erratic? Or how your Sim would stop his tasks that you gave him because he was absent minded.

Things like that were cute.
    texxx78 wrote: »
    The amount of traits and the lifetime wishes, that were huge open life aspirations.

I agree. The amount of traits is amazing. I really felt like I could make a unique sim.
  • emiobixemiobix Posts: 88 Member
    ldmarko wrote: »
    I had Sims 3 loaded on my laptop for a while, but all the lag & crashing issues came back. I don't miss those.

Fingers crossed mine holds up! I do not miss those either. Island Paradise completely stomped my laptop back in the day.
  • SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,127 Member
    I mostly miss Color Wheel/Textures in CAS, Spiral Stairs, Heartshape Bed, Fairies, Genies, Werewolves, Playable Babies & Cars.
  • Destin2016Destin2016 Posts: 568 Member
    I guess you could say I miss the whole game since I’ve gone back to playing it!
    You like me because I'm a scoundrel. There aren't enough scoundrels in your life.
  • Colton147147Colton147147 Posts: 10,454 Member
    Justine Keaton and Monte Vista.
    Your Justine Keaton Enthusiast and the Voice of the Sims Community.
  • Sara1010PSara1010P Posts: 891 Member
    I don't miss anything considering it is still on my pc and I play it when I want to experience it.
  • simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,862 Member
    Sara1010P wrote: »
    I don't miss anything considering it is still on my pc and I play it when I want to experience it.

Same but there are some things from 3 that I would have loved to see in 4.
  • SharoniaSharonia Posts: 4,853 Member
    Sara1010P wrote: »

Same but there are some things from 3 that I would have loved to see in 4.

When I play the Sims 3 there are things that I miss from the Sims 4. It works both ways for me.
  • HarukotyanHarukotyan Posts: 513 Member
    I miss multi-functional lots and editable world (not necessary open, at least editable) where I can choose size and placement of lots and some town décor I want to see around and not someone decided on. Also teens being teens.
  • manicobsessivemanicobsessive Posts: 1,111 Member
    edited March 2021
    Oh wow. Reading these comments I'm actually glad I never played the Sims 3. I would be so ruined! It sounds like the gameplay was awesome! Come on EA, get some of this into Sims 4!
  • DoloresGreyDoloresGrey Posts: 3,490 Member
    I miss family gameplay. TS3 Generations was an amazing pack.
    -probably just playing Phasmophobia :p
  • haisinhaisin Posts: 948 Member
    I never played TS3 (except a bit when I tried it on PS3), but some of these things do sound lovely! I'd especially like to see reading comics on the bed, online dating, meaningful gossip, better personalities, children being children and teens being shorter in TS4 :smile:
  • Sunflowergal227Sunflowergal227 Posts: 305 Member
    i haven't played the sims 3 much lately, but i do miss aspirations and wants. wants are kinda like short term goals, and what the sims 4 has is pretty much long term goals. (granted playing music for 1 hour is a short time goal, but for the most part it is long term goals) i miss the open world.
    Favorite EP/SP
    Sims 2 (All EPs/SPs)
    Sims 3 Showtime
    Sims 3 Generations
    My Sims 3 profile page: https://mypage.thesims3.com/mypage/Sunflowergal227
  • bettycrocketbettycrocket Posts: 99 Member
    @emiobix tbh I miss the Create a Pattern option so much! Since I build a lot of things in the sims, sometimes I feel that I need that extra design option that was in the Sims 3. For example, some tables and chairs don't match because the styles clash. The create a pattern wheel in the Sims 3 would easily fix that problem, but in Sims 4, you have to either force objects to match or try to create a new object using debug items or cheats to make them work together better.
  • EA_LeelooEA_Leeloo Posts: 2,019 EA Staff (retired)
    Hey there! FYI: I moved this thread to the Game Feedback section. :)
  • GoldmoldarGoldmoldar Posts: 11,966 Member
    I miss everything that Sims 4 does not have.
    Omen by HP Intel®️ Core™️ i9- 12900K W/ RGB Liquid Cooler 32GB Nvidia RTX 3080 10Gb ASUS Ultra-Wide 34" Curved Monitor. Omen By HP Intel® Core™ i7-12800HX 32 GB Nvidia 3070 Ti 8 GB 17.3 Screen
  • logionlogion Posts: 4,719 Member
    I never played much of the sims3, but what I miss most is what other people did with that game, the fun youtube videos that people made.

We only saw part of that in the beginning of the sims4, then a lot of youtubers that I watched gave up on the sims4.
  • texxx78texxx78 Posts: 5,657 Member
    The architect active career.
  • CynnaCynna Posts: 2,369 Member
    1. There is an element of surprise, good and bad.

2. Challenge. For example, collecting doesn't consist of camping the very same spots over and over again, save after save. Sims are required to explore.

3. It's not the Truman Show. NPCs don't exist in order to fulfill every whim and desire of the played Sims. Time actally matters because everyone has something to do or someplace to be. They're not sitting around waiting for player Sims to show up.

4. There is intimacy and genuine affection in relationships (though not as much as TS2).

6. There is situational awareness.

7. Traveling to other worlds actually feels like a getaway -- new Sims, new sights, new types of adventure.

8. Venues are fun to create and to visit. There is much more freedom to choose objects and Sims will use them according to their personalities. Also, when you place an object, NPCs show up automatically, no matter the venue type. No immersion-breaking necessity to hire staff.

9. Sims don't constantly interrupt dates, meals, and family outings.

10. The worlds aren't finite and identical for every save. Starting a game in a new world truly feels like a new beginning. Because of CAW, the possibilities and re-playability are essentially endless.

I3Ml5Om.jpg
  • ChadSims2ChadSims2 Posts: 5,090 Member
    Life stages having unique heights babies not locked to bassinets cars open world CAW color wheel and body hair this list could go on for awhile.
    Sims 4 went from "You Rule" to "One of the stories we want you to tell"
  • julienrob2004julienrob2004 Posts: 4,173 Member
    edited April 2021
    Going on a vacation and actually having a wide variety of things to do
    Pets that actually do something , not just a shallow shell with a few cats and dogs (horses, dogs, cats , birds , snakes , terrapins ,
    Romantic dates and the ability to slow dance or have a multitude of interactions not just go through the same routine every date
    Form a band and get gigs
    Be a gardener and make money selling the crops to the grocery store
    interactive Firefighter and Childminder careers amongst others
    A Ton of activities to keep your sims occupied
    You could build amazing gyms or games arcades ( pool table , tennis , skee ball , bull riding , trampoline , arcade games , bowling )
    Bowling that doesnt take 12 sim hours to actually play or wait for the animation to kick back in
    University that you can go to and actually go into the classes and influence your grades
  • telemwilltelemwill Posts: 1,752 Member
    I miss the way kids would play together in Sims 2. When I have a playdate now, it's more like the kids do their own thing. I really miss tag and Cops and Robbers.
  • BluelleBluelle Posts: 327 Member
    - Open world
    - The quantity and quality of the expansion packs
    - COLOR WHEEL
    - The quantity and quality of the traits </3
    - Babies that you can carry around and place wherever
    - Cribs for toddlers (this one left a big hole in my heart as a micro manager)
    - Zodiac signs, favorite color, food and music