Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What do you miss most?

emiobixemiobix Posts: 88 Member
edited April 2021 in The Sims 4 Game Feedback
I am a console player primarly but with the announcement that xbox game pass now includes EA Play and I have a shiny new laptop, I decided to go back and give Sims 3 another crack.

And my god, I am ruined. My sim is currently a fairy acrobat who plays golf on the weekends in the park. I have an online dating profile and my sim frequently goes on dates to the theatre. She also likes to chill out and read comics on the bed. It's madness.

What do you miss most?
Post edited by EA_Leeloo on

Comments

• simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,707 Member
    Are you asking what we miss most from Sims 3?

If so, for me it would be the color wheel.
  • CAPTAIN_NXR7CAPTAIN_NXR7 Posts: 4,451 Member
    Open world, cars and bands.

Aaaand....CAW.
  • Mstybl95Mstybl95 Posts: 5,883 Member
    I miss not having loading screens. I almost never leave my house. I wish that the little neighborhood that you live in was at least open. It's so dead not seeing people in their yards or homes doing stuff. Or not being able to go to the park without a loading screen.
  • PreCiiousPreCiious Posts: 353 Member
    How my Sim acted autonomsly and according to his personality... How only my slob sims could take a quick shower in the sink, how he would never make the bed or the dishes

How it was harder to form a relationship if they had opposite traits or how you could find out what other traits an NPC had. Was actually difficult and the reward to find it out quicker made sense.

How a heavy sleeper would never wake from noises and light sleeper always. Or how you could go to therapy and breath in a bag if you gave your sim the unstable trait. How you could check the stove for safety if your sim was erratic? Or how your Sim would stop his tasks that you gave him because he was absent minded.

Things like that were cute.
  • texxx78texxx78 Posts: 5,657 Member
    The amount of traits and the lifetime wishes, that were huge open life aspirations.
  • Akl500PAkl500P Posts: 2,986 Member
    Hmm honestly I miss the aspirations from sims 3 or lifetime wishes I think they were called. I just felt like they were deeper and took more effort than many sims 4 aspirations.

I also kind of miss the color wheel (not the create a pattern or whatever it was called). It was nice being able to pick colors of items, clothes and hair. I hope we one day get more hair color options in sims 4.
  • haneulhaneul Posts: 1,952 Member
    I miss the nectar maker, the Showtime careers and create-a-style. It's hard to say what I miss, though, because I haven't played the Sims 3 in years.
  • SailorCetiSailorCeti Posts: 807 Member
    About Sims 3? SO MUCH! Open world, cars, garage doors, spiral stairs, the cool gothic gable roof decorations, the futuristic decor, and the list goes on.

The main thing though, is how personable the sims felt. They actually felt like people, not just a semi-controlled bot working toward an ambition. Sims got out and just walked around, meeting other sims at random. Not like at a predesigned venue where the clientele could be predictable. I don't know, the whole atmosphere of 3 was different.

I think the sterility of 4 is why I mostly build now. But even that's on pause until some things improve and bugs get fixed.
    This game needs more Sailor Moon!

Hold SHIFT while using the FRIEZE tool to apply it to a single wall, and not an entire room!

** SailorCeti's Builds **

If you download one of my builds, by all means, leave me a message and tell me what you did and did not like about it.
  • OnverserOnverser Posts: 3,364 Member
    For me probably the quests Sims 3 has. I'm not that imaginative with gameplay and I get bored of standard gameplay sometimes and the quests really get me back into playing the game. Also rabbitholes, I love sending my sim to them and having a physical place where my sim works rather than them just disappearing for the day, and they make the world more interesting. Random one but I also miss the all in one bathroom, it was great for adding extra bathrooms to small houses.

What I don't miss though is the emptiness of it. It's so nice to go to bars and actually have more than 2 sims there, or to visit someones house and actually have them in. Also I miss the emotions system when I'm playing 3, I like them having actual moods rather than just happy and not happy.
  • bevillebeville Posts: 1,151 Member
    edited March 2021
    Deleted
    Post edited by beville on
  • SharoniaSharonia Posts: 4,853 Member
    edited March 2021
    All the little details that made sims appear more human such as cuddling on a couch or in bed, slow dancing, the way they would react to other sims actions. In the Sims 4 sims don't even react to being cheated on.

Realistic interactions like when sims would cook and it looked more realistic. In the Sims 4 my sims have bowls spinning around in the air, ingredients flying all over the place they throw knives around like it's some kind of circus show they're putting on.

Children that were actually like children. They had games they could play together and a good selection of items specially designed for them. In the Sims 4 children are like mini adults with school and chores. They have barely anything that adds game play specifically for them, they can't even play games together, it's just sad really.

Real babies. I hate hate hate object babies. The actual fact that they aren't sims bothers me so much.
  • ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    edited March 2021
    I liked being able to follow a Sim to school or work and have them roam through the neighborhood when they get off. I also liked that we could own businesses and get income for doing nothing. The pool table, spa features, and online dating were all cool, too. Oh, and I can’t forget the grocery store!
  • Chicklet453681Chicklet453681 Posts: 2,431 Member
    Thanks All! You saved me from having to type my ginormous list. I miss every single thing that everybody else mentioned!
  • bella_gothbella_goth Posts: 1,770 Member
    edited March 2021
    i miss the ambitions (literally) devs had with the game, the game is full of content and it brought lots of new features & concepts, it has its flaws of course but the good surpasses the bad. ts4 also has good things, but sadly it seems to lack any kind of ambition, i don't know if it's the budget, or if devs are afraid of messing too much with the game, but ts4 still feels empty despite all the packs, because more than adding new content they recycle it all, to a point where it gets boring to see the same things all over again, the same animations here and there, the same sims with a different face, etc.
  • ldmarkoldmarko Posts: 5,487 Member
    Sending all the household members to different lots & still being able to play them all.

I had Sims 3 loaded on my laptop for a while, but all the lag & crashing issues came back. I don't miss those.
    Gallery ID: LDM2
  • texxx78texxx78 Posts: 5,657 Member
    Oh i forgot picking a sim and inviting all his/her household over so that we could meet the new members in the family.
  • SindocatSindocat Posts: 5,622 Member
    Create a Style, and painting the ceiling.
  • elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,518 Member
    The daycare career, strollers, Sim Fu, rowing boats, the sketch pad and using laptops on the ground.
  • EnkiSchmidtEnkiSchmidt Posts: 5,334 Member
    The daycare career, strollers, Sim Fu, rowing boats, the sketch pad and using laptops on the ground.

Was going to say "only CaSt and horses", but, man, do I miss martial arts as a a skill and with a real winner. It's so silly to have to roll a die every time to determine who won a fight.
  • talongirl6talongirl6 Posts: 184 Member
    I miss a lot of the romantic interactions from The Sims 3! They were so cute, and I wish we had more like that in The Sims 4. I also miss some of the supernatural stuff, like the jellybean plant and the werewolves and fairies. That sort of thing always made the game more fun for me.
  • Valk5Valk5 Posts: 27 Member
    The color wheel and I so miss auto roofs!
  • Mstybl95Mstybl95 Posts: 5,883 Member
    I just remembered something else. If a sim witnessed another sim cheating and knew the partner, he would get an option to tell that sim about the cheater. I once found out about an affair from seeing that option. I miss stuff like that.
  • princeroprincero Posts: 5 New Member
    my gf :|
  • Charla97Charla97 Posts: 66 Member
    I miss the colour wheel and teens being shorter than adult Sims.
  • emiobixemiobix Posts: 88 Member
    ... using laptops on the ground.
    Yes! And picnics!