Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Would You Like More Occults??

Comments

• halloweenchildhalloweenchild Posts: 1,534 Member
    Yes
    Umbreon12 wrote: »
    bella_goth wrote: »
    I dont understand the push for more occults when its supposed to be a life simulator. Theres so many fantasy/occult games out there. And yet so little in the life sim genre like the sims. I dont mind if they keep it separate as dlc but i wish theyd only focus on life sim personally.

The Sims never claimed it was a "realistic" life simulator. :/
    If I want to play the life of a celebrity vampire crime boss who owns a restaurant and is married to a black widow mermaid who paints portraits for a living, the game will let me do that.

I never claimed Sims branded itself to be ultra-realistic, but anyone can see it still needs some quality of life improvements with the life stages.

i play with occults but i include them on realistic gameplay, i don't understand this division between realistic and occult players. the Sims have always included "fantasy" on their games, avoiding it is avoiding part of what makes the franchise.
    well this is my opinion but really this whole vs thing is quite annoying :/

It's not really an us vs them thing to me either. I just want more realistic stuff.

I don't think it is us vs them either for occult vs. realistic play. However, some occult things seemed to be toned down after people complained about them.
    I just like the occults, and that actually how I got into the Sims, with Sims 2 being my first series for the franchise. I would just love to see the occult mixed in kind of like how they did it with the Sims 2, where you seek out the occults and became a member depending on the pack you had.

Yup I'd rather have you especially go out the way to interact with them or keep them in their own dlc alltogether.

That's the thing though, Vampires DID come in their own dedicated DLC. It was the people who saw the BB and CaS items but didn't want the occult gameplay that couldn't help themselves. They brought an OPTIONAL Game Pack called Vampires, geez you'd have to be blind or stupid not to understand that VAMPIRES are the main selling point of the pack, what else were they expecting? Yikes on trikes. So for them to turn around and demand nerfs for "unwanted" gameplay, which they paid for was absolutely dickish if you ask me, you don't see people complaining about "realistic" gameplay. But no, it's fine to fish and moan about occult gameplay.

One thing I will agree on though is how much of an open secret a lot of the occults are (minus Aliens because of their disguises, but even then they're pretty easy to "oust" just by talking to them), especially the vampires and spellcasters. Like you just have to go to Forgotten Hollow of a night time and see the NPC vampires walking around, I wish they had been harder to find. Sure, two of them are very hard to befriend, while one is easy to befriend. But it kind of takes out the fun of actively searching for them and joining their ranks.
    The same can be said about Spellcasters, you just have to go to Glimmer Brook and walk through the magic portal and then ask to be made into a spellcaster, no effort what so ever. Makes me realise just how much I miss the missions that were in TS3, because at least it made you jump through hoops to become an occult.

Mermaids were on the right track, like until you actually meet and befriend one you don't see any of the mersims in their merfom while swimming, they just swim around in their "disguises". But ofc immersion is kind of lost once you befriend them then suddenly all of the mersims are swimming around as their "true" selves.
    Aaa, I'm rambling, but what I'm saying is that the team was on the right track with vampires and spellcasters being in their own separate packs until some in the community couldn't help themselves and complained, thus ruing the fun for the people who were enjoying the chaos of Vampires.
    Give our Vampires back their fangs!!! Reverse the Nerf!!! Occult simmers should not be shoved aside for the "realism players"! It's time Occult lovers/players started to demand equal treatment. #JusticeForOccults
  • summertaffy68summertaffy68 Posts: 211 Member
    No
    No thanks! I almost exclusively play as human, so it's not really my gameplay style.
    1500x500.jpg
  • GrumpyGlowfishGrumpyGlowfish Posts: 2,208 Member
    Yes
    Angels. o:) And after that, werewolves.
  • MelisendreMelisendre Posts: 195 Member
    No
    No, the occults in Sims 4 are very dissapointing. If they were like in Sims 2 or Sims 3 I would say Yes, but they weren't.
  • RifftraxRulesRifftraxRules Posts: 145 Member
    No
    No!!!!! They don't support my gameplay style.
  • simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,837 Member
    I wasn't sure how to vote. I love Realm of Magic. Spellcasters/Witches are my favorite but I can take or leave the rest. On the one hand I'd say no because I'd want that development time and resources to go towards a theme I'd enjoy more. On the other hand I know how much others want them and I'm sure there would be other features in an occult pack that I'd enjoy. So I guess I'm a maybe or neutral.
  • PlumbobCrossingPlumbobCrossing Posts: 8,455 Member
    No
    Nope, we need more gameplay added instead of another occult sim. Maybe later like a fairy or something.
  • OEII1001OEII1001 Posts: 3,682 Member
    Yes
    Melisendre wrote: »
    No, the occults in Sims 4 are very dissapointing. If they were like in Sims 2 or Sims 3 I would say Yes, but they weren't.

What was better about vampires in The SIms 2 and The Sims 3 relative to the ones in The Sims 4?
  • GracieO312GracieO312 Posts: 1,292 Member
    Yes
    Werewolves and fairies, definitely. Anything else is a bonus!
  • SindocatSindocat Posts: 5,622 Member
    Yes
    My original TS3 couple were a Werewolf / Fairy odd-couple. I recreated them for TS4, minus the supernatural lifestates, and the personalities translated really well, even without the extra elements.

I would like to see Game Packs for the remaining Supernatural types: Werewolf, Fairy and Ghost.
  • sarabeth2984sarabeth2984 Posts: 849 Member
    Yes
    YEEESSSSSS!!!!!
    Give us fairies, werewolves, genies, superheroes, villains please!!! I love occults and play them a lot. I especially love to play realistic and family gameplay, because all my occult sims may be a bit strange but they all have families, jobs, friends, and hobbies. My witches and vampires come home tired from work, potty train their toddlers, and vacuum their houses just like regular sims do. I think there should definitely be toggles to turn occults off for those that prefer strictly realistic gameplay of course.
    That being said, I want mermaids and aliens to be improved with more powers, more occult specific socials etc. But more importantly, please fix the bugs! The alien melting face issue is annoying when they age up. And vampires have a lot a that are frustrating, such as having difficulty routing when moving as a bat or mist transportation.
  • NikkihNikkih Posts: 1,758 Member
    Yes
    I say we need more supernatural and more family gameplay 😊
  • Umbreon12Umbreon12 Posts: 881 Member
    Yes
    Atreya33 wrote: »
    bella_goth wrote: »
    I dont understand the push for more occults when its supposed to be a life simulator. Theres so many fantasy/occult games out there. And yet so little in the life sim genre like the sims. I dont mind if they keep it separate as dlc but i wish theyd only focus on life sim personally.

The Sims never claimed it was a "realistic" life simulator. :/
    If I want to play the life of a celebrity vampire crime boss who owns a restaurant and is married to a black widow mermaid who paints portraits for a living, the game will let me do that.

I never claimed Sims branded itself to be ultra-realistic, but anyone can see it still needs some quality of life improvements with the life stages.

i play with occults but i include them on realistic gameplay, i don't understand this division between realistic and occult players. the Sims have always included "fantasy" on their games, avoiding it is avoiding part of what makes the franchise.
    well this is my opinion but really this whole vs thing is quite annoying :/

It's not really an us vs them thing to me either. I just want more realistic stuff.

I don't think it is us vs them either for occult vs. realistic play. However, some occult things seemed to be toned down after people complained about them.
    I just like the occults, and that actually how I got into the Sims, with Sims 2 being my first series for the franchise. I would just love to see the occult mixed in kind of like how they did it with the Sims 2, where you seek out the occults and became a member depending on the pack you had.

Yup I'd rather have you especially go out the way to interact with them or keep them in their own dlc alltogether.
    Sims 3 had an entire pack dedicated to the supernatural, with the exception of Vampires who appeared in that pack and another pack. It gave the option to the player whether to pick up the pack our not. It is one of the first packs I got when I bought Sims 3.

Sims 3 had one pack dedicated to occults but they were also present in every other pack. Aliens in seasons, plantsims in university, robots in ambitions and into the future, genies in showtime, ..... I wasn't very active in the community during the sims 3 era so I am wondering were people already beginning to complain about occults during the sims 3 era. Or did toggles keep everyone happy?

I am all for choice in the sims. I liked the toggles in sims 3 so I could pick and choose which occults to play with. I hope occults come with a toggle or in a dedicated pack so people can play them fully (not nerfed) or not at all.

I dint know that, I jumped right into the base game, and supernatural, and only found out that there were vampires before that. I really should have known with the layout of Sims 2, where the supernatural were spread out. I liked the pack, and it is one of the few Sims 3 packs that I own, and was determined to own. I always play in the occult world, and I liked having the option to create the member of the occult from the get go, which thankfully, Sims 4 retains.
    I would love that option, we could toggle how extreme we want the Vampires to be, or not. I just wish things of the supernatural variety get nerfed. I bought Get to Work, and JtB (On sale), and Vampires, and all of them were pretty nerfed in the gameplay. For JtB, the "aliens" were replaced by bald sims.
  • BlkBarbiegalBlkBarbiegal Posts: 7,924 Member
    Yes

Oh yes. My main occults always have families and a job, but with powers! If they don't get nerfed that is.....ugh
    Me on:
    Twitch jovi_jov
    Twitter BarbieSimmy
    Origin SimsBarbie
  • halloweenchildhalloweenchild Posts: 1,534 Member
    Yes
    Nope, we need more gameplay added instead of another occult sim. Maybe later like a fairy or something.

I mean, adding an occult sim will more than likely give gameplay. I don't see what the issue is...?
    Give our Vampires back their fangs!!! Reverse the Nerf!!! Occult simmers should not be shoved aside for the "realism players"! It's time Occult lovers/players started to demand equal treatment. #JusticeForOccults
  • EllupelluelluEllupelluellu Posts: 6,875 Member
    edited March 2021
    Yes
    Nikkih wrote: »
    I say we need more supernatural and more family gameplay 😊

How about supernatural family gameplay ? :) I play mostly vampires, but they have families :)
    I mean , occult players play families too :)
    My love, my love, my fearless love, I will not say goodbye..
    Sea may rise, sky may fall, My love will never die..
    My heart, my heart, My drowning heart, Oh all the tears I've cried
    Oh I may weep forevermore, My love will never die..

My Story:Villa Catarina
  • ChadSims2ChadSims2 Posts: 5,090 Member
    No
    Not at all I tried vampires and they were just so horrible nothing fun about them they took away anything that could possibly be fun about playing a vampire or having them in your worlds.
    Sims 4 went from "You Rule" to "One of the stories we want you to tell"
  • SailorCetiSailorCeti Posts: 807 Member
    edited March 2021
    Yes
    What this game needs is more Sailor Moon!

Oops, I mean “modern” Japanese influenced doors, windows, arches, furniture, wallpapers, flooring, and so forth.

I wouldn’t turn away an “occult” senshi scout that has a transformation firm like vampires and a few powers.
    This game needs more Sailor Moon!

Hold SHIFT while using the FRIEZE tool to apply it to a single wall, and not an entire room!

** SailorCeti's Builds **

If you download one of my builds, by all means, leave me a message and tell me what you did and did not like about it.
  • orenjiAiorenjiAi Posts: 569 Member
    Yes
    I don't play with any occults, but I'm gonna have to admit that the packs they come in are usually cool (build-buy, cas), so... :sweat_smile:
  • PlayerSinger2010PlayerSinger2010 Posts: 3,267 Member
    Yes
    Occults are the only way I play, so yeah I want more of them! I also want aliens and vampires to be restore to where they used to be (because I can NEVER get abductions or break ins anymore), updated plant sims (TS2 versions), and bigger worlds for them.
  • Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,422 Member
    edited March 2021
    Yes
    YEEESSSSSS!!!!!
    Give us fairies, werewolves, genies, superheroes, villains please!!! I love occults and play them a lot. I especially love to play realistic and family gameplay, because all my occult sims may be a bit strange but they all have families, jobs, friends, and hobbies. My witches and vampires come home tired from work, potty train their toddlers, and vacuum their houses just like regular sims do. I think there should definitely be toggles to turn occults off for those that prefer strictly realistic gameplay of course.
    That being said, I want mermaids and aliens to be improved with more powers, more occult specific socials etc. But more importantly, please fix the bugs! The alien melting face issue is annoying when they age up. And vampires have a lot a that are frustrating, such as having difficulty routing when moving as a bat or mist transportation.

Your playstyle sounds very close to mine. I love playing the everyday life of occults. I don't like RPG or MMO games where occults have to gather weapons and fight. But a game where I can let them fall in love, settle down and raise a family is all I want. Alien toddlers being potty trained, mermaids doing laundry, spellcasters attending university, .... Just an ordinary life for extraordinary beings .
  • haisinhaisin Posts: 948 Member
    Yes
    If they are interesting and well done, yes.

I'm happy with the vampires we have and the mermaids and spellcasters are quite nice, though I wish there had been more for them. I'm not quite sure what I'd want to see next. Werewolves could be interesting and I kinda wish they'd improve ghosts someway.
  • LoanetLoanet Posts: 4,079 Member
    Yes
    If Maxis wants to use Kits for anything useful, they could do some work on PlantSims.

Or are they just too special?
    Prepping a list of mods to add after Infants are placed into the game. Because real life isn't 'nice'.
  • JadedJaneJadedJane Posts: 991 Member
    Yes
    I definitely want more occults!! Especially werewolves and fairies!! I really don't like the way they did aliens. I usually try to edit them out of my game. I have one game file for occult play and one for regular play. So when I want to play an occult style world I play that world. I wish they could have hybrids though.
  • CAPTAIN_NXR7CAPTAIN_NXR7 Posts: 4,457 Member
    Yes

How much later? After we get all the gameplay? 😂

*Meanwhile I can hear the sound of Marshmallows in the distance. They’re approaching! Quick! Run for your lives! *