The latest update for The Sims 4 is now live. Click here to read the latest notes.
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Stuff for Kids and Teens

Before it was Get the Kids and Teens Out of the House, now I'm just throwing out ideas.

More phases-Sometimes kids will want to wear a cape to be a superhero, dress up as a princess or wear only a certain colour. You can be supportive like buying them toys, book or items related to the and maybe it will end up being more than just a phase. It would help determine what path my sim can take when they grow up.

Summer vacations/summer school- Technically you can make summer vacation with the holiday thing in seasons. But as far as I'm aware you can't make it for specifically children and teens to stay home. Also can we get some careers where can intern or go to camp? It would still behave like school but it would raise skills while they're at these jobs. Example a sims goes to rocket camp, they will raise rocket skill.

More consequences in school-What if sometimes kids and teens were sent home from school. When say kids and teens are going through their mean streak or whatever emotional buff. Sometimes they can get into fights, play pranks and just cause trouble. Parents need to have a reaction to this. And do parents react when their kids are doing bad at school? Or do they react when they are doing good? There should be some sort of prompt "*Insert child's name* is doing well in school. Options, get gift, take out to celebrate, congratulate and ignore (that last one in particular sucks but sometimes parents and kids don't have good relationships.

Tea set- Plastic and porcelain variety. Wouldn't it be cute if you could throw a tea party event? No friends? Invite the teddy bears that you can have friendship with.

Easy bake oven-Get an early start on that cooking skill. Parent super vision required. Plus I love when parents can do activities with their children.

RC vehicles-Sometimes I wish kids can race boats on the swimmable areas or race toy cars on the streets.

Trainsets and other buildable toys- Lego, puzzles and ships in bottles. All neat collectables your kids and teens can make as a hobby and give to parents as gifts. Anything that isn't the arts and crafts table. Please I am begging you, enough with the arts and craft tables.

Ask to help with make up/Dress up- Paint each others nails, help with make up. Results may vary, not everyone is a professional stylist after all.

Treehouse-Go play in the tree house rabbit hole with your friends for a few sims hours instead of messing up my floor. Or for those of you who don't like rabbit holes, take this join option. Of course you'll have to sit through a loading screen but once that's over you can customize the tree house with stuff your kids can use. And builders can save their tree house designs to the gallery. Everyone happy?

More playground equipment-Slides, seesaws and rocking horse.

Hand held games-Actually giving them the sims version of hand held consoles.

Bicycles- Just take the bicycle for adults and scale it down.

Comments

• drakharisdrakharis Posts: 1,478 Member
    @Nekia33painter

I completely agree with you

I would like innocent cute interactions for our kids that make me say to my husband glee that is just so cute. I'd like double dutch and jump rope. I'd like games like 4 corners playing hopscotch for our kids. Being able to talk to their older teen siblings about being bullied and ask them for help. Being able to help a parent with a baby or toddler. Being able to order a diaper service for babies and toddlers.

There is a lot that really needs to be added in for our kids and toddlers.

Playtesting - not just tabletop games and card games any more. Really that should have been playtested in Beta and not [img]just with accounting and marketing but actual players. https://i.imgur.com/t48COW6.jpg[/img]