Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

buyable food options and modern OFB shelves

SPARKY1922SPARKY1922 Posts: 5,965 Member
Hi,

First i apologize for asking so many questions on these 2 threads lately but I am trying to get my game back to how I used to play and some things don't seem to be as I remember them. I love functional things in my game and food is no exception so I have everything Exnem's in game and if I am remembering rightly Exnem's food can be sold in game? I know for sure I have sold chocolates and pizza in my sims newsagent via a CC chiller display but now I am trying that again it does not seem to be working out. I would also love an OFB burger display to add to the grocery store so my sims could buy fast food there and found Exnem's OFB burger chiller (the yellow and blue in the middle of the grocery store in pic) but I cannot place the burgers properly on that display so i am wondering if anyone knows of anything similar that's more functional and modern that I can sell fast food in a grocery store plus any more modern up to date OFB shelves in general as I have searched the internet and can find nothing..

I already have everything Exnem's ice cream and that works perfectly in my ice cream store..

This is a pic of Exnem's OFB burger shelves but it is dated and it does not display the burgers properly so i won't be able to use it so am looking for any alternative players may know about..

vuCZjKK.jpg

Comments

• CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    I wish I did but every food I had in my game in last few years though they had options on them to sell them etc. were very glitched and I couldn't even delete them and Sims got the jump bug when they went to them to either eat them and or buy them. It was very disappointing as I got them in shops I had downloaded and they didn't even work. I hope someone knows of some good custom foods that don't cause jump bugs like that. I don't think I have tried the ones you mentioned.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • SPARKY1922SPARKY1922 Posts: 5,965 Member
    Hi @Cinebar

I have only ever used Exnem's food in my 2 game and yes they are old but I have never had an issue with the food or any other food objects from this creator plus some of the food recipes can be cooked from the fridge at home too which is nice touch. The pancake/hot dog stands I place in parks usually and the dessert trolley in cafe's and the functional ice cream machine in an ice cream restaurant (I always have to have a big ice cream restaurant in my game too-) I always have a sim owed newsagent/grocery store and I am sure I sold exnem's food from a CC chiller before so if there are no modern Takeaway style OFB fast food racks around right now I will revert back to selling from the CC chiller. Exnem's chocolate boxes are sellable too and sims love them in store.. I don't have a pic of those but they are just boxes of chocolates.

A few other creators have made up to date versions of this creators food but as I am using all Exnem's creations in my game I don't want to mix/match or change something that might cause any issues. I cannot say for sure you won't experience any glitches but I can say in the 4+ years In have been using these creations I never have personally.

There is loads more food to choose from but I just posted sample pics to keep it minimal.

UZGrfZT.jpg

OMMR8Q9.jpg

hotdog stand (functional)

bzir5XK.jpg

pancake stand (functional)

CDEfNbE.jpg

Dessert Trolley (functional)

H01dKQM.jpg

Ice cream machine (functional)

tVETECc.jpg

If you would like the link for these just PM me..

I don't know if you have seen this either but I made a request from Rebecah over at affinitysims to make her original Pizza maker more modern for me and she made me the 3t2 pizza oven for sims 2. It works really well and looks good so I might add this to a store and see if my sim gets paid as well..

nZXBe0N.png

http://affinitysims.com/index.php?/file/2824-modern-pizza-oven-sims-2/

edited March 2021
    Thanks! lol Those look great I will get the link later. Hey, there used to be a really detailed grocery store over on MTS (I think) that had a lot of modern stuff and I downloaded it one time but not sure I put in all the custom content it contained. If I find it again I will post the link. It was either on MTS or another site on the way back machine (archives). It had a lot things even buggies but might have been decor, but had a lot of signs and foods etc and new shelves type things. I have some great food in my game I set around in the stores or restaurant but they don't function as they should so I mainly use them for decor.

If move objects cheat doesn't work on your cooler to place the foods then I don't know how to make what you have work correctly. The problem with the cheat is once a player sets an object for sale which was placed by the cheat when it needs restocked you might find the out of stock sign has moved somewhere else.

Here is a quick link for the signs. I want everything in that store, lol. Like the big cheese in the cooler, and all those shelves full of boxed foods etc. But no link to those.

http://modthesims.info/d/619510/grocery-store-signs-english-and-simlish.html
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
    @Cinebar

Thanks for the link while I do use a few of that creators lots on MTS I really prefer functional items in my game rather than just deco however once I have got the store the way i want it will functional things I may download some of that deco CC to make it look more realistic..

The link I posted at the bottom of the post is for the pizza oven only I will PM you the rest :)
  • EllupelluelluEllupelluellu Posts: 6,874 Member
    @SPARKY1922 ,

Do you have downloads by Aysarth from MTS? :)

Butcher meat set
    https://modthesims.info/d/626852/stockable-butcher-s-meats-with-fake-decra-chill.html

Cheese and bread:
    https://modthesims.info/d/629580/stockable-groceries-bread-and-cheese.html

They have lots of custom harvestable what can be sold with OFB selves or stocked to the fridge.

This is my shop where I used those meats:
    Sims2-EP9-2019-04-30-03-05-29-52.jpg
    My love, my love, my fearless love, I will not say goodbye..
    Sea may rise, sky may fall, My love will never die..
    My heart, my heart, My drowning heart, Oh all the tears I've cried
    Oh I may weep forevermore, My love will never die..

My Story:Villa Catarina
    Hi @Ellupelluellu

I would love to visit your store :)<3

It looks fab and the meat and fish counter looks really authentic and most importantly functional so sims can buy the food so I am defo interested in that but i am also looking for a small takeaway stand I can put buyable fast food on (exnem's burgers and chicken buckets style) for a newsagent but have not been able to find anything so far so I will have to do that with a chiller instead by the looks of it for now.

The bread and cheese is also fab but I hate the way it looks on the OFB shelves all spaced out like lol I have been looking for ages for OFB shelves that look more modern with way closer slots if possible. I think recolored they look okay in other types of stores/shops but not really for grocery. It's just me being picky I suppose :)

Thanks for posting the links I will defo be using them :)
    @SPARKY1922 ,

Do you have downloads by Aysarth from MTS? :)

Butcher meat set
    https://modthesims.info/d/626852/stockable-butcher-s-meats-with-fake-decra-chill.html

Cheese and bread:
    https://modthesims.info/d/629580/stockable-groceries-bread-and-cheese.html

They have lots of custom harvestable what can be sold with OFB selves or stocked to the fridge.

This is my shop where I used those meats:
    Sims2-EP9-2019-04-30-03-05-29-52.jpg

I would almost beg you to upload the lot so I could download it. :D That's a lot of work and don't have much time right now for building in TS2. That looks great! and looks fun to play! I love it!
    edited April 2021
    @Cinebar , Thanks :)

It has so much CC that going thru all the possible useless recolors of counters, tables , OFB shelves would take literally hours to cut down with CleanInstaller :D

ETA: maybe when I have nothing else to do and feel inspired :) I't is so shame that lots get packaged with all the possible recolors of the same item.
    Post edited by Ellupelluellu on

Hi @Ellupelluellu

I second with @Cinebar if you do anything new lot/shop wise in future you are going to upload please come back and let us know :)
    @SPARKY1922 , thank you :) I will :)