Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What is your favorite sims 4 expansion pack?

Comments

• BastetBastet Posts: 56 Member
    Cats and Dogs
    Cats and dogs, because cats and dogs. I also like get together, windenburg is beautiful and townies are interesting.
  • VikVik Posts: 125 Member
    Seasons
    Followed by Get Together because the slub system is something I use all the time
  • PriestessDreadfulPriestessDreadful Posts: 284 Member
    edited March 2021
    Cats and Dogs
    Post edited by PriestessDreadful on
  • PriestessDreadfulPriestessDreadful Posts: 284 Member
    Cats and Dogs
    I love Get Together, but I had to put Cats and Dogs above it. Aside from my need to have dogs around, the pack had a surprising number of build mode items that I really liked and that I still use a lot. Much of it with a bit of a cottagey feel.
  • WildIrishBansheeWildIrishBanshee Posts: 2,105 Member
    Get Famous
    Get Famous is probably the pack I use the most, at least the video station and Starlight Accolades. Then comes Seasons, which besides weather adds tons of interactions and build buy that I can't live without. Get Together for the club system. City Living for the festivals. Discover University for degrees. The basics lol.
  • MoofytheManMoofytheMan Posts: 16 Member
    Cats and Dogs
    I like cats & dogs more than the rest of the eps but i have to admit it's pretty lame that you never see them anywhere outside of brindleton bay
  • gothprincess4evergothprincess4ever Posts: 2,130 Member
    Seasons
    The Cats and Dogs EP is close to stealing the number one spot for me, due to the fact that I'm a huge animal lover and a veterinarian in real life, but the replayability and versatility of the Seasons EP are what makes this particular pack stand out in my opinion. It is a simple pack in its core, as the game features aren't incredibly flashy or original. But the way this addition effortlessly melts into the gameplay of all other packs -even Journey to Batuu, who would have known?- is undoubtedly incomparable to all other extra content.

I also really like Discover University and City Living, due to the everyday additions and themes they brought to the main game, and the way you can use them for completely different storylines and styles of gameplay.
  • logionlogion Posts: 4,719 Member
    edited March 2021
    City Living
    Back when the official trailers were good.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W458QnCVQik

We also got 21 apartments, basketball, food stalls, 18 lot traits, game consoles, fireworks, 2 new radio stations, 3 television channels, three careers and seven pre-made households.
  • SallycutecatSallycutecat Posts: 269 Member
    Island Living
    Snowy Escape is a very close second. Often I can not decide between Island Living and Snowy Escape. Both are a lot of fun. I really like the mermaids in Island Living, but the whole living on an island aspect really adds to the overall enjoyment of the game.
    Please check out my YouTube Channel. I cover features from The Sims 4 game.
    https://youtube.com/channel/UCaj9o4hycNSPy8U1Ip0OCFA/videos
  • summertaffy68summertaffy68 Posts: 211 Member
    Cats and Dogs
    Cats & Dogs is my favorite pack EVER across all games. I'm a big animal lover, and have lots of pets and this met my expectations and then some.
    1500x500.jpg
  • mustenimusteni Posts: 5,405 Member
    Get Together
    My top 3 is Get Together, Seasons and Get Famous. They're all pretty close and followed by City Living, I just can't pick :D
  • WolfiumWolfium Posts: 2,672 Member
    Get to Work
    There are so many interactions from careers and objects, also active careers that are interesting.

1. Get to Work
    2. Get Famous
    3. Eco Lifestyle
    4. Discover University
    5. Get Together
    6. Cats and Dogs
    7. Seasons
    8. Snowy Escape
    9. Island Living
    10. City Living
  • EternalSunshineEternalSunshine Posts: 340 Member
    Get Together
    It is hard to pick just one. If I had to choose, I guess I would pick Get Together for the world & the club system. However, I also consider Seasons & Get to Work to be essential.

The next tier would be: Discover University; City Living; Cats & Dogs. I would move City Living to the first tier if we could build our own apartments and add them to other worlds.

My least favorite expansion is easily Island Living.

I haven't played through Get Famous yet & I don't own Eco Lifestyle or Snowy Escape, so I can't rank those.
  • halloweenchildhalloweenchild Posts: 1,534 Member
    edited March 2021
    Snowy Escape
    Honestly, it's a toss-up between, Seasons, Get Famous and Snowy Escape. They're all fantastic in their own way, SE because of the Japanese aesthetic, GF because of the active Acting Career and how it improved upon the fame system from TS3 (where because of story progression everyone ended up becoming a celebrity after a while) and Seasons because of the weather effects and how it fleshed out the world and gave the illusion of time passing.
    All three packs have amazing CaS and B/B items, while it's a shame about the "controversy" surrounding SE I still feel it's an amazing pack with a beautiful world to explore.
    Give our Vampires back their fangs!!! Reverse the Nerf!!! Occult simmers should not be shoved aside for the "realism players"! It's time Occult lovers/players started to demand equal treatment. #JusticeForOccults
  • MeowchaFrappeMeowchaFrappe Posts: 840 Member
    Cats and Dogs
    Animals especially cats, are a huge part of my real life and not having them in Sims is just not an option for me. My avatar is literally an idealized version of my Simself with one of my real life kitties' simself.

But also because I play with a lot of Spellcasters, I love that they can be bound as familiars. I know we still have other animal based familiars (like the Sixam Owl) but having cats and dogs (and also by extension foxes and other similar animals) is just perfect.

Plus, they just make my worlds much more full and less lonely. And speaking of worlds. Brindleton Bay is one of my favorites, if not my favorite.
  • AuroraskiesAuroraskies Posts: 1,834 Member
    I like bits and pieces of them all.
  • KerriganKerrigan Posts: 1,576 Member
    Island Living
    I spend so much time in Sulani! Island Living is for sure my favorite just because it's a relaxing game.
  • SimsLady2000SimsLady2000 Posts: 1,236 Member
    Seasons

Seasons is my favorite because it impacts all packs without you having to do much with it.
    The Sims is NOT a game, it's a lifestyle choice.

My Plumbob is GREEN today :D
  • BookBearBookBear Posts: 488 Member
    Seasons
    Offering free hugs for your time of need.
    8763f1fcdeee963323782673c8c95eee.gif
  • filipomelfilipomel Posts: 1,693 Member
    Eco Lifestyle
    NAP's were a dream feature of mine for YEARS, and now I got them. Plus the rest of the pack is so incredibly rich in content and depth amongst its gameplay, there's hours of content to explore in this pack. To sum it up, Eco Lifestyle is a game changer, it's marketing and bugs are the only reasons it flopped as much as it did.
  • JustMeAlbJustMeAlb Posts: 371 Member
    Get Together
    Get Together is the only EP I've purchased so far. Just got into The Sims around the holidays and I chose Get Together for my first EP primarily for the world of Windenburg, and I'm a sucker for the ruins.

Seriously thinking of getting City Living next though Cats and Dogs keeps grabbing my attention. Seasons is a ways down on my list because I'm not at all a fan of winter though I am curious how such changes would effect my game play.
    The cake is a lie
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 New Member
    edited March 2021
    Eco Lifestyle
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • ChadSims2ChadSims2 Posts: 5,090 Member
    Get Together
    Easily Get Together the club system alone destroys every other expansion
    Sims 4 went from "You Rule" to "One of the stories we want you to tell"
  • TS1299TS1299 Posts: 1,604 Member
    Get Together
    I remember the first time polls are here and we only have Three expansion Packs to choose from. Get To Work, Get Together and City Living. I choose Get Together at that time. I can't believe that after Seven Huge Expansion Packs this was still my favorite. The biggest World. The most versatile feature in any game. The small features it added to nightlife. It is just Legendary.
  • TS1299TS1299 Posts: 1,604 Member
    Get Together
    logion wrote: »
    Back when the official trailers were good.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W458QnCVQik

We also got 21 apartments, basketball, food stalls, 18 lot traits, game consoles, fireworks, 2 new radio stations, 3 television channels, three careers and seven pre-made households.

The Choice of music in their first 4 Expansion Packs was GOLD. After that instead of getting excited for the trailer, (just for me hehe) I feel like the music was just noise instead of actual music. Especially in Island Living. I admit Eco Lifestyle and Discover University kinda went on par with the first four but with Snowy Escape, I just feel that they could have picked a better song for that.

I also miss the LAUNCH TRAILERSSS!! <3 What happend to those? They are cute and fun hahaha