Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Things you didn't know!

Comments

• texxx78texxx78 Posts: 5,657 Member
    edited March 2021
    Sh3riff wrote: »
    I didnt know when I was registering here, that I will not be able to post and ask question about the game because the forum is not user friendly, you need to be old, you need points, you need likes and you need to have comments, for a new user who has questions, to post stuff like this, its pretty useless, I consider it spamming.
    Now I dont know what I should be commenting since I dont know much about the game and I need answers for questions I have right now but posting the questions into someone elses thread would be kinda not cool .. so this system and registration is completely useless for me.

I did not see that comming and this hate against new comers, insane .. i know the reasoning but i still dont care, they can do it differently and aim it against the bad people and not against players like me who wants to learn but cannot since forum on steam is empty, dead .. now i regret i paid 100 eur for all the stuff i bought ..

Feel free to ask here or wherever for now :) and there's an awesome so that you can rank quickier :)
  • permanentrosepermanentrose Posts: 3,789 Member
    Admiral8Q wrote: »
    RySBI wrote: »
    If you have Realm of Magic, bb.showhiddenobjects will allow you to place portals on your lot.

There are three portals, each with an entrance and an exit. If your sim walks through one, they come out of the other, regardless of where it is. It makes for some really creative builds! :)

(They’re the same portals that connect the floating islands in the Magic Realm. They won’t connect with portals on other lots.)

Nice! I may do this, at least in my "magic-user" homes to replace stairs and/or ladders. Since they are magic anyways. ;)
    Are these portals one-way or two-way (like in the magic realm)?

Similarly, under the debug items using the bb.showhiddenobjects cheat, you can place the tree that’s the portal to the Sylvan Glade any the mine shaft that leads to the Forgotten Grotto on your home lots too.
  • Mstybl95Mstybl95 Posts: 5,883 Member
    Did you know you can vacuum toddlers?

WbbIyfh.jpg
  • permanentrosepermanentrose Posts: 3,789 Member
    Mstybl95 wrote: »

WbbIyfh.jpg

@Mstybl95 omg that’s fantastic, what a cute quirk 😂
  • NushnushganayNushnushganay Posts: 9,418 Member

WbbIyfh.jpg

But...why?
    Racism is EVERYONE's fight #BLM #StopAsianHate
    Let's make Liberty and Justice For All a reality.

xicwqMCm.jpg
  • Pamtastic72Pamtastic72 Posts: 4,545 Member

WbbIyfh.jpg

But...why?

Because they’re crumb coated little buggers, and it’s funny.
  • Mstybl95Mstybl95 Posts: 5,883 Member

WbbIyfh.jpg

But...why?

If you don't have a bathtub, I guess this will do. I thought it was pretty funny when I saw the option, especially since it is an option that kids can do.
  • WolfiumWolfium Posts: 2,672 Member

WbbIyfh.jpg

But...why?

Because toddlers like to investigate every corner of house.
  • DOLLDRMS1DOLLDRMS1 Posts: 2,955 Member
    @Sh3riff I'd like to add another welcome to the forums to you! There are a lot of helpful simmers around here.

You've already been given some tips but here are a couple more links that you may find helpful:

For gameplay, Carl's site https://www.carls-sims-4-guide.com/ has guides and even links to videos he has done that you will probably find helpful.

Secondly, there is also a discussion/feedback forum on the AHQ site that I don't think has the same post requirement the forums here do. You should be able to start a thread there, if you would like. Located: https://answers.ea.com/t5/General-Discussion-Feedback/bd-p/the-sims-4-game-information-en You will need to register there just as you did here. I just use the same name on both sites.

I know getting started on the forums can be a little frustrating but please don't give up. Everyone has been in your shoes at the start of their simming "addiction" :)
  • OnverserOnverser Posts: 3,364 Member
    edited March 2021
    Did you know: Windenburg was originally going to be in the base game

swq8gfdv4yj21.png?auto=webp&s=6a5a303a9803cc20dc52348e3b98b7d663b33ccf
    85d.jpg.
    CEcLJ_HWAAAWOyC.jpg

Dwm-2015-10-19-17-18-40-711.png

Post edited by Onverser on
    Onverser wrote: »
    Did you know: Windenburg was originally going to be in the base game

swq8gfdv4yj21.png?auto=webp&s=6a5a303a9803cc20dc52348e3b98b7d663b33ccf
    85d.jpg.
    Dwm-2015-10-19-17-18-40-711.png

I like this look of the city better!
  • Hearts4uHearts4u Posts: 1,775 Member

I didn't know a Sims could be fired.
    Fired.jpg

My Sims was trying to be a do gooder, and they let him go.
    Whistle-Blown.jpg

Also, I didn't know you get a notification when you get another Sim pregnant that does not live with you.
    Baby-Born.jpg

Origin ID: littlebonnieblue
  • calaprfycalaprfy Posts: 3,927 Member
    @Hearts4u Hilarious that the child was named Justice. Injustice, more like!
  • LadyKynLadyKyn Posts: 3,595 Member
    With certain Lifestyles, like the Energetic one, Sims will get paid more for it.

Had a sim in the Athletic career and he had the energetic lifestyle he got paid more because of it. :)
    5vJrxmT.png
    I didn't knew that responsible sims work hard as default.
  • mlnov39mlnov39 Posts: 2,294 Member
    I didn't know my current household's mom could run the food stand.
    I spotted her there while visiting one of her adult kid's household.
    gkNYgJI.png

• HandelHandel Posts: 395 Member
    No one told me you could have dates within your home! You can just have dates at home! And here I was thinking I always had to go somewhere.
    Townie/NPC lore nerd!
    I didn't know that sims that we're invited to spend the nigh could have a personal emergency and leave in the middle of the night :lol:
    Handel wrote: »
    No one told me you could have dates within your home! You can just have dates at home! And here I was thinking I always had to go somewhere.

Home dates are the best. No having other people sit down at the table WITH your dating pair, chatting with them and basically interfering, or having the date wander off, or having the two sit down at separate tables, or keep jumping up to neaten books at the coffeeshop or order food and drink and then have some stranger Sims swoop in, grab it, and eat or drink it instead! Dates out are such a mess!

xicwqMCm.jpg
  • calaprfycalaprfy Posts: 3,927 Member
    texxx78 wrote: »
    I didn't know that sims that we're invited to spend the nigh could have a personal emergency and leave in the middle of the night :lol:

Whenever I ask a sim to spend the night they go straight to bed and sleep!
    calaprfy wrote: »
    texxx78 wrote: »

Whenever I ask a sim to spend the night they go straight to bed and sleep!

that's probably because they are exhausted when you ask them. NPC sims' needs are seldom fully met. There are mods that can let you manage / control any Sim, whether part of your household or not, or you can use the mailbox cheat to fill needs in the entire world so that your visiting Sim won't be too tired to make whoopee. :)

xicwqMCm.jpg
  • JeffreyKnightJeffreyKnight Posts: 12 New Member
    You can use hidden objects cheat to find the Sylvan Tree, and magic realm portal (and the sixam wormhole generator) and place them on your lot so you can go straight to these places from your sims yard without the excess travel time!
  • LyrieLyrie Posts: 881 Member
    edited March 2021
    I did not know that you can schedule more than one social event/party in a day and also while holiday is it going :o
  • HandelHandel Posts: 395 Member
    Here's a general tip. There is the Other Sims section in the Friendly options. You can use it to talk up people the Sim knows in order to establish friendships. Good for say, getting that celebrity to acknowledge other members of the family. Or getting that reclusive loner some friends!
    Townie/NPC lore nerd!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top