Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

This is weird, right?

Lucy_HenleyLucy_Henley Posts: 2,960 Member
My Sim brought a friend home from work... except it’s a child Sim. The kid already knows one of my Sim’s children, but even so...

Comments

• Rflong7Rflong7 Posts: 36,588 Member
    It's a hobby thing. Not weird but dumb of them not to think about. :(
  • Lucy_HenleyLucy_Henley Posts: 2,960 Member
    Oh, ok. I’m not sure what hobby they have in common, I’ll have to check when I go to play the kid’s family.
    As with the other thread I started, I’m a little paranoid about corruption haha.
    Usually it happens after a Chance card from work and it sends a hobby friend home.
  • Lucy_HenleyLucy_Henley Posts: 2,960 Member
    I think there was a hobby-related chance card now I think about it.
    It’s definitely an odd scenario. The Sim in question is employed in the Architecture career, why would a child be on a building site? Do they not care about health and safety in SimNation?
  • StrawberryYogurtStrawberryYogurt Posts: 2,799 Member
    Oh that is odd. Hasnt happened to me before.
    The Sims has currently lost its identity. Bring it back for TS5

FixedCoarseFawn-max-1mb.gif

Personality,depth,humor,consequences,lore,customization.
  • EllupelluelluEllupelluellu Posts: 6,875 Member
    That is a bug caused by hobbies, as @Rflong7 mentioned. There is a mod for it tho. To stop kids bringing adults home from school and the opposite.
    My love, my love, my fearless love, I will not say goodbye..
    Sea may rise, sky may fall, My love will never die..
    My heart, my heart, My drowning heart, Oh all the tears I've cried
    Oh I may weep forevermore, My love will never die..

My Story:Villa Catarina
  • LogicallyironicLogicallyironic Posts: 137 Member
    I'm a new member so I can't make a thread for this but it's similar so -

My sim (teen) invited her boyfriend over to her house. He asks if he can bring a friend, and I assume it's his teen sister because he probably doesn't really know that many other people. He brings HER (the sim who made the phone call's) dad? She's not even that close to him, as even though he's been invited to her birthday parties they either don't interact at all or have some sort of "clearly not getting along" conversation.

Is this normal, a glitch, just a weird feature? IDK I have a feeling my hood is getting corrupted but I also haven't done too much to corrupt it in the first place.

IDK, maybe I missed them really hitting it off during the parties, but he's usually too busy with her mom.

My sim (teen) invited her boyfriend over to her house. He asks if he can bring a friend, and I assume it's his teen sister because he probably doesn't really know that many other people. He brings HER (the sim who made the phone call's) dad? She's not even that close to him, as even though he's been invited to her birthday parties they either don't interact at all or have some sort of "clearly not getting along" conversation.

Is this normal, a glitch, just a weird feature? IDK I have a feeling my hood is getting corrupted but I also haven't done too much to corrupt it in the first place.

IDK, maybe I missed them really hitting it off during the parties, but he's usually too busy with her mom.

Hi :)
    No, it's not a glitch. Iirc - The game randomly chooses someone they know even if they don't know them well. :)
  • Sorak4Sorak4 Posts: 3,935 Member

As long as they're not someone like Strangetown's Bella Goth who knows the Therapist and Reaper you shouldn't be in danger if someone brings a non-friend home. It's a common game quirk like how hobby chance cards can cause Don Lothario to get off the school bus.

There's a mod that tells you who they want to bring home too if you want to play it safe. Also good if you want to help prevent Don Lothario accidentally bringing the whole neighbourhood over when you decide to get him over to flirt with.
    L9q8VGi.png
  • OldeseadoggeOldeseadogge Posts: 4,995 Member
    Never had that happen in ~15 years of playing. Lucky me!
  • Lady EmeraldLady Emerald Posts: 18 Member
    That sounds creepy as h**l!