Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Next Gamepack Announcement When Will It Be Made? (Announced May 20th)

Comments

• KokoaMilkKokoaMilk Posts: 267 Member
    My 2 cents.

This patch will bring in bunk beds, which have been demanded since I don't remember when.
    It is a good choice for them to tease it and lo a live stream, it will bring people to their Twitch channel and will create hype the week before the release.
    I don't see any pack coming as we are heading to April and we just got a survey about Kits.
    Also, I am not expecting more than just bunk beds (no car, no babies update).
    It will be yet a big patch due to bunk beds, fixes for PC and console (skin)
  • texxx78texxx78 Posts: 5,657 Member
    edited March 2021
    KokoaMilk wrote: »
    My 2 cents.

This patch will bring in bunk beds, which have been demanded since I don't remember when.
    It is a good choice for them to tease it and lo a live stream, it will bring people to their Twitch channel and will create hype the week before the release.
    I don't see any pack coming as we are heading to April and we just got a survey about Kits.
    Also, I am not expecting more than just bunk beds (no car, no babies update).
    It will be yet a big patch due to bunk beds, fixes for PC and console (skin)

It will problably be this. I'ld want more but that's just wishful thinking...
  • GracieO312GracieO312 Posts: 1,291 Member
    crocobaura wrote: »
    GracieO312 wrote: »
    They must be some fancy bum bunk beds if they’re going to dedicate an entire stream to them!

Did they say it was going to be a stream? Maybe they'll add another gameplay kit.

I don’t personally think that we’re going to get anything more than the bunk beds and bug fixes but peeps were saying we’re going to get a live stream so...

I can see another kit announcement though...
  • DaWaterRatDaWaterRat Posts: 3,351 Member
    They must be some fancy bum bunk beds if they’re going to dedicate an entire stream to them!

Did they say it was going to be a stream? Maybe they'll add another gameplay kit.

I don’t personally think that we’re going to get anything more than the bunk beds and bug fixes but peeps were saying we’re going to get a live stream so...

The only reason I think we're getting more is because there's some sort of info being dropped on the 22nd, with the patch coming the 23rd, and I can't see bunk beds being worth even a blog post, really. Maybe a blog or a trailer if we're also getting loft bed options.

So as I don't see bunk beds alone as being worth any sort of pre-patch hype, I think we're getting something more. Maybe just a road map, maybe a trailer for a new pack, maybe a new kit, maybe there's more to show off than bunk beds. I don't know what, and it could just be they want to show off bunk beds, but I'm going to give in to my own hype and expect some more news than just "here's bunk beds" on the 22nd.
  • ChatonChaton Posts: 144 Member
    DaWaterRat wrote: »
    So as I don't see bunk beds alone as being worth any sort of pre-patch hype, I think we're getting something more. Maybe just a road map, maybe a trailer for a new pack, maybe a new kit, maybe there's more to show off than bunk beds. I don't know what, and it could just be they want to show off bunk beds, but I'm going to give in to my own hype and expect some more news than just "here's bunk beds" on the 22nd.

I totally agree ! There has to be something more.

• MeowchaFrappeMeowchaFrappe Posts: 840 Member
    DaWaterRat wrote: »

The only reason I think we're getting more is because there's some sort of info being dropped on the 22nd, with the patch coming the 23rd, and I can't see bunk beds being worth even a blog post, really. Maybe a blog or a trailer if we're also getting loft bed options.

I also can't see them making this big of a fuss over just bunk-beds. So although it seems the GP or EP is unlikely, (even though it is a 2 GP year, so who knows if they'll switch their pattern up a bit. Ie announce it on a different day than before.) I defintely feel there's something coming. Even if just a roadmap. Although, I did have a weird thought.

Maybe there will be an announcement regarding a third Community-Voted Stuff Pack? Now, I don't know for sure, so please don't take my word for it, but based on the pattern for them (Laundry Day voting was in 2017 with a 2018 release. Nifty Knitting voting was in 2019 with a 2020 release.) It would make sense for voting for one to start at some point this year. (With a 2022 release.)

So my speculation is
    - GP, just with a slightly switched up time schedule
    - 2021 Road Map
    - Third Community Voted Stuff Pack Announcement
    - Another Kit of some sort
  • IceyJIceyJ Posts: 4,641 Member

Only Cat said that, not EA. I'm guessing it'll be a blog post, or something.
  • auroraael14auroraael14 Posts: 988 Member
    Usually they would say stream so people could tune into twitch. I'm thinking it's probably not a stream. It could be a blog post but honestly why write a blog post just about bunk beds? Seems a little strange. I'm guessing a trailer or a roadmap. A trailer of just bunk beds seems a little weird so if it is a trailer maybe there is something else in the free patch or it's a surprise game pack... It's hard to tell at this point. It just seems odd just to release bunk beds at the end of the month and tease it twice. Bunk beds are a great addition but not something that would need this much hype, a blog post, or a trailer. Which is why I think it must be something else as well.
    Check out my gallery for house builds! Username: aejp24
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,362 Member
    I don't think this is going to be on just bunkbeds there has to be more. Maybe there is another Kit Coming Tuesday.
  • SimplyobsessedSimplyobsessed Posts: 315 Member
    I don't think this is going to be on just bunkbeds there has to be more. Maybe there is another Kit Coming Tuesday.

So from gamepack to kit. How your expectations have lowered lol.
    I did come up with one way that Bunk Beds alone might need a little more than "here ya go" and that's if they did something clever with them, where you essentially slot beds into a frame with a ladder, and can therefore make your own combinations of beds, with the top slot able to take single beds and the bottom slot able to take toddler beds, single beds, double beds (I've seen this set up in hotels and train cars) - or alternately a desk or a loveseat, or even an armchair and a side table.

Then a trailer/blog explaining how they work would be needed.

But I don't think they'd do that, because it would require they explain how to do it, and people have a distressing tendency to not actually read the instructions and then come and complain about it.

So from gamepack to kit. How your expectations have lowered lol.

That's cause the patch releases Tuesday. Patches release on Thursday before a Gamepack.
  • MeowchaFrappeMeowchaFrappe Posts: 840 Member

Well if by some chance there is a gamepack, stuff pack, or kit, it's not going to be announced in the stream. So at this point, my bet is if there's more to the update other than bunk beds and improved traits (which has been confirmed) it will probably be a roadmap or maybe a survey/announcement of a new community voted stuff pack.

There was also this tweet though. Which makes me think they're hiding something
  • greydonngreydonn Posts: 715 Member
    Maybe it's free lol. Getting my hopes up is a favorite hobby of mine, can you tell? :'(
    • Gen 25: Xanthe! >:)
    • She/Her.

Well if by some chance there is a gamepack, stuff pack, or kit, it's not going to be announced in the stream. So at this point, my bet is if there's more to the update other than bunk beds and improved traits (which has been confirmed) it will probably be a roadmap or maybe a survey/announcement of a new community voted stuff pack.

Hopefully their hiding new bed animations.
  • alan650111alan650111 Posts: 3,295 Member

New spelling in his name: GU = GENERATIONS UPDATE
  • ChatonChaton Posts: 144 Member
    alan650111 wrote: »

Oh my god don't give me hopes like that, it's cruel
  • texxx78texxx78 Posts: 5,657 Member
    It's already confirmed that they won't cover any paid content during the livestream. So no kits or any kind of packs announced for now...
    alan650111 wrote: »

• AyKooChaoAyKooChao Posts: 676 Member
    What if they’re just pretending it was an accident? 🧐

(Or what if I stopped overthinking things and just went to sleep? XD)
    #ConsistencyForAliensTS4
  • KhrisstyneKhrisstyne Posts: 368 Member
    It's weird that he made that mistake. Why type his full Twitter handle out when it'll pop up as you type it? I don't think that was a mistake.
    AviaWinters.tumblr.com
    AviaTheDramaFiend.wordpress.com
    (not always sims related but I review and discuss television shows and movies. Foreign or not.)

I play on console and PC now! YAY!
  • GordyGordy Posts: 3,015 Member
    edited March 2021
    I don't know where you're getting Generations from, that's just reaching. BUT "RU" is a popular way to abbreviate Russia. Russia = Slavic Dragon.

It all comes together.
    TS1_dragons_hatching.jpg
    The Sims 4 hasn't introduced a new musical instrument since 2017
  • SeanBobbyGSeanBobbyG Posts: 112 Member
    edited March 2021
    RU for me is RUPAUL haha

Drag race pack? 🤣😍
  • HeyYoDiscoNickHeyYoDiscoNick Posts: 463 Member
    I'm not usually one for speculating on these little "hints," but if I did, I'd say this one points to something baby related.

"Gu" is part of standard baby-talk (gugu gaga, etc.), and "no mistakes, just happy little accidents" usually describes an unplanned pregnancy.

But it could be nothing!
  • comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member
    edited March 2021
    Life Finds a Way
    https://youtu.be/kiVVzxoPTtg
    :) I think it could be a hint to a baby update frost name to
    The Boss Baby | GUGUGAGA
    https://youtu.be/sCjkNWSC1zY
    more for sim kids and more drama please