Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sims 3 Expansion Packs on Sale on Origin Until March 26, 2021

All Sims 3 Expansion Packs are on sale for 50% off until March 26, 2021!

@Coriandre posted about the sale in the General Section of the Sims 3 forum. Given it is so rare for Sims 3 games to be put on sale, I thought it would be worth posting the sale in the store section of the forum as well.

Simpoints and stuff packs are not included in the sale.
a.k.a. - Jodi and a link to My Page on the Sims 3 website

To help you organize your stalking of the Daily Deal, please join us on the Daily Deal Rotation and Sales Help thread and please view the DD Spreadsheet

Comments

• waterywatermelonwaterywatermelon Posts: 473 Member
    edited March 2021
    Me1620 wrote: »
    All Sims 3 Expansion Packs are on sale for 50% off until March 26, 2021!

@Coriandre posted about the sale in the General Section of the Sims 3 forum. Given it is so rare for Sims 3 games to be put on sale, I thought it would be worth posting the sale in the store section of the forum as well.

Simpoints and stuff packs are not included in the sale.

Does this mean all expansion packs will be just $9.99 instead of the usual $19.99?

Dang it, I will sure miss the sale. I have already purchased all of my expansion packs for $19.99. Waaah! I should have waited...

Seasons - $19.99
    Pets - $19.99
    World Adventures & Generations Expansion Bundle - $19.99
    The Sims 3 Starter Kit - $19.99
    Ambitions - $19.99 (wah!)
    Supernatural - $19.99 (eek!)
    University Life - $19.99 (bleh!)
    ShowTime - $19.99 (gah!)
    Island Paradise - $19.96 (Walmart)
    Into The Future - $5.00 (Walmart was awesome!)

I could have totally purchased Ambitions, Supernatural, University Life, ShowTime and Island Paradise on Origin for $9.99 apiece! Aaah!
  • Me1620Me1620 Posts: 4,994 Member
    edited March 2021
    @waterywatermelon - Yes, the packs are selling for $9.99.

I bought my expansion packs in the years they were released so I would have paid closer to $30 or $40.
    a.k.a. - Jodi and a link to My Page on the Sims 3 website

To help you organize your stalking of the Daily Deal, please join us on the Daily Deal Rotation and Sales Help thread and please view the DD Spreadsheet
  • waterywatermelonwaterywatermelon Posts: 473 Member
    @Me1620 I think there are pros and cons to buying things early/on release date or late.

If you buy things on release date or early on during the lifetime of a series, then you can (1) obtain pre-order bonus content and (2) give suggestions or feedback or complaints about the product. Producers used to make pre-order bonus content for customers who want to buy things on release date, but can't because the demand surpasses the supply, and that there is a temporary supply shortage. Nowadays, producers do this to make a quick cashgrab, not only try to lure in the same old customers, but also people who just want the content. It's a great marketing gimmick, but it's a pain on the consumer end because the consumer may have to pay extra for the bonus content or the collector's edition or something. I usually buy things late, so it doesn't really affect me that much. Another big perk of buying things early is that consumers can give feedback on the product, and the producer will use the feedback to output patches/updates or to create a DLC or expansion pack to better fit the market.

One obvious downside of buying things early is the high price point. You have to be an extreme fan to know that you are getting a good product or something that is good enough so that years down the road, you have made a good investment in the company. Because The Sims 2 and The Sims 1 was a top-seller, some old consumers probably faith in the company, so they were more than willing to make an investment.

The upside of buying things late is that you are getting a finished product. The producer is no longer releasing any patches/updates, so any glaring glitches still left in the game will probably never be fixed... or they may be fixed by a very smart and tech-savvy modder. Another upside is the relatively low cost. Most products will reduce in price, after sitting for so long on the shelves. Some people like me want a finished product and can make do with the lack of patches/updates and no new additional content to the game.

Of course, if a consumer values the ability to offer feedback, then the company may do very little to fix that, because the producers have moved onto another product, focusing time and energy on that new product.